This Is What a Pharmacy ‘Accidentally’ Gave to Children on Halloween

A worker at a Canadian pharmacy accidentally gave out out bipolar medication to trick-or-treaters instead of candy, according to a report.

The mix-up unfolded after a woman unknowingly dropped her 17-year-old son’s prescription drugs while on her way out of a Beauport pharmacy.

Another customer picked up the medication — Quetiapine and Divalproex sodium, both of which are used to treat schizophrenia as well as other psychological disorders — and placed it dangerously close to the candy basket on the counter.

“So – unfortunately – we don’t know how – an employee just mixed it with the candy by accident and distributed it to the kids,” a Quebec City police spokesperson told the Daily Star. (Read more from “This Is What a Pharmacy ‘Accidentally’ Gave to Children on Halloween” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.