Boy Suffers Horrible Injuries Because of This Online ‘Challenge’ Teens Are Taking

A fifteen-year-old in Indianapolis, Indiana, suffered painful injuries after his alleged friend poured scalding hot water on him while he slept as a part of the “hot water challenge.” . . .

The “hot water challenge” is a fad among teenagers who record each other pouring boiling water on themselves or others, or trying to drink scalding water through a straw. The absolutely foolish “challenge” has led to terrible and sometimes lethal consequences.

Kyland Clark suffered second degree burns on his back, his chest and face because of the misguided act of his friend.

He says that he and his friend looked up the challenge on the internet and decided to participate. But when he fell asleep, his friend decided to surprise him. . .

Clark was treated for his injuries in the hospital for a week. Doctors say his skin should heal, but it will take several months.

(Read more from “Boy Suffers Horrible Injuries Because of This Online ‘Challenge’ Teens Are Taking” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.