Pedophile Billionaire Settles Case Right Before Trial
By Greg Norman. The numerous young women who say they were sexually abused by wealthy, Clinton-linked financier Jeffrey Epstein no longer appear set to testify after a last-minute settlement was reached in a closely-watched civil lawsuit against the registered sex offender.
The deal was announced Tuesday — just before jury selection was to begin — and, for now, it likely means none of the women will be able to speak in court about the alleged abuse they endured at Epstein’s hands, according to the Associated Press.
The 65-year-old Epstein, who has counted presidents and kings among his friends, allegedly operated a sex ring at his mansion in Palm Beach, Florida, a residence in New York City, and his private island estate. The latter locale contained Epstein’s 72-acre Virgin Islands home — and the strip of land was dubbed by some as “Orgy Island.”
Court documents obtained by Fox News in 2016 showed former President Bill Clinton took at least 26 trips flying aboard Epstein’s private jet — known as the “Lolita Express” — and apparently ditched his Secret Service detail on some of the excursions. Authorities who seized trash outside Epstein’s home at the time found an invoice for the purchase of the book “SlaveCraft: Roadmaps for Erotic Servitude — Principles, Skills and Tools,” as well as the instructional “Training with Miss Abernathy: A Workbook for Erotic Slaves and Their Owners.” (Read more about the pedophile billionaire HERE)
Pedophile Billionaire Settles Case, Apologizes for False Malicious Prosecution Claim
By Rosa Flores and Eliott C. McLaughlin. [The settlement] ends a malicious prosecution counterclaim filed by attorney Bradley Edwards, who represented some of Epstein’s accusers. Edwards filed the counterclaim after Epstein accused him and a now-disbarred attorney of wrongdoing in a civil lawsuit.
The settlement came as jury selection was set to begin. Expected to testify were at least seven alleged victims, law enforcement officers, former US attorneys and Epstein’s former associates, said Michael Fisten, an investigator on Edwards’ team.
The specifics of the settlement are confidential, but court records indicate Epstein issued an apology as part of the settlement. Epstein conceded in the apology that he tried to denigrate Edwards’ reputation as a trial lawyer, Edwards said in a statement.
“The truth is that his aggressive investigation and litigation style was highly effective and therefore troublesome for me. The lawsuit I filed was my unreasonable attempt to damage his business reputation and stop Mr. Edwards from pursuing cases against me. It did not work,” Epstein said in his apology, according to Edwards’ statement. (Read more about the pedophile billionaire HERE)
Victims May Possibly Have One More Shot at Testifying Against Pedophile Billionaire
By Dareh Gregorian. [The] women who say they were victimized by politically connected convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein have one more chance at justice — a case that could potentially put the multi-millionaire back behind bars.
Some of Epstein’s accusers had been expected to take the witness stand in Florida this week, at a defamation trial that was brought against Epstein by Bradley Edwards, a lawyer for some of the victims. The case settled Tuesday morning with Epstein issuing an apology to Edwards and paying him an undisclosed sum of money.
But the women still have one more shot at Epstein, a wildly successful hedge fund manager who used to pal around with the likes of presidents Bill Clinton and Donald Trump.
A pending suit by some of Epstein’s accusers in federal court in Florida is aimed at voiding a non-prosecution agreement that was signed off on by then-U.S. Attorney for Southern Florida Alexander Acosta (now President Trump’s Labor Secretary) — arguing that the deal was illegal because dozens of Epstein’s victims were never told about it. (Read more about pedophile billionaire Epstein HERE)