Clinton Grilled About Husband’s White House Sex Scandal. Her Response Means Everything.

By The Blaze. Hillary Clinton claimed Sunday that her husband’s extramarital affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky in the 1990s was not an “abuse of power.”

The former secretary of state also expressed her belief that then-President Bill Clinton was right to not resign after he was impeached for lying and obstructing justice.

“Asbolutely not,” Clinton said when asked on CBS’ “Sunday Morning” whether her husband should have resigned the presidency over his affair and the subsequent scandal. . .

When pressed about whether a sexual relationship between the world’s most powerful leader and an office intern constitutes an imbalance of power, Clinton merely noted that both individuals were adults at the time. . .

“But let me ask you this: where’s the investigation into the current incumbent, against whom numerous allegations have been made and which he dismisses, denies, and ridicules,” Clinton said.

(Read more from “Clinton Grilled About Husband’s White House Sex Scandal. Her Response Means Everything.” HERE)

______________________________________________

Hillary Clinton Says Husband’s Affair Was Not an Abuse of Power

By Fox News. Hillary Clinton vehemently denied in an interview Sunday that her husband’s extramarital affair with then-White House intern Monica Lewinsky was an abuse of power and added that former President Bill Clinton was right not to resign amid a scandal that led to his impeachment on perjury and obstruction charges.

“Absolutely not,” the former first lady said during the CBS “Sunday Morning” interview when asked if Bill Clinton should have stepped down.

“It wasn’t an abuse of power?” CBS News correspondent Tony Dokoupil asked.

Clinton responded: “No. No.”

Hillary Clinton, who went on to be elected to the Senate and served as President Obama’s secretary of state, said the relationship was not an abuse of power because Lewinsky “was an adult.” At the time of the affair, Lewinsky was 22. (Read more from “Hillary Clinton Says Husband’s Affair Was Not an Abuse of Power” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

McConnell: ‘Nobody Is Going to Beat Murkowski in 2022’

By The Washington Post. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Wednesday that Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) remains unbeatable in her home state despite her opposition to Brett M. Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court nomination — a view at odds with President Trump. (Read more from “McConnell: ‘Nobody Is Going to Beat Murkowski in 2022′” HERE)

___________________________________________________

Murkowski Not Worried About 2022 Challenge

By The Hill. President Trump . . . warned this past week that Murkowski would pay a political price for opposing Kavanaugh. . .

Murkowski later told reporters she wasn’t too worried.

“I know Alaska’s political terrain better than he does,” she said.

If Palin decides to run for the Senate, she will have to find a way to reconnect with Alaska voters.

She said last month that she and her husband are ready to leave the state and “get outside and do more. We’re not going to be holed up in Wasilla, Alaska, the rest of our life,” she told the Daily Mail in an interview. (Read more from “Murkowski Not Worried About 2022 Challenge” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Canadians Recognize Trump Got the Better of Them in New Trade Deal

By The Hill. Former Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper said Sunday that the U.S. “got the better of the deal” in the new U.S.–Canada trade deal.

Harper told host John Catsimatidis in an interview airing Sunday on AM 970 in New York that Canada was “kind of bruised” by the new agreement.

“Canadians generally recognize that the United States got the better of the deal,” Harper said. “What’s pretty clear is the U.S. got some things and didn’t lose anything. Canada had to give on some things and didn’t really have any wins.”

“And I think Canadians are fairly bruised about that because the view in Canada is that we’ve been a pretty good trading partner and play by the rules,” he added.

Harper’s comments follow after the U.S. and Canada reached a deal late last month on an updated North America Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). The deal, dubbed the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement, or USMCA, was reached at the end of September following tensions between Ottawa and Washington. (Read more from “Canadians Recognize Trump Got the Better of Them in New Trade Deal” HERE)

________________________________________________

Study Says Canada Needs Trade With China, but the USMCA Will Make That More Challenging

By Global News. The legal world was confounded a few weeks ago when it discovered that the United-States-Mexico-Canada-Agreement (USMCA) contained a clause requiring Canada to keep the United States abreast of its intentions to enter free trade talks with “any non-market economies” – which many took to mean China.

Though most experts predicted that this section, Clause 32, would make it much more challenging for Canada to engage in trade talks with China, a study compiled by the Ottawa-based research firm Public Policy Forum states that this is precisely what Canadian regulators need to do.

“You can’t really be serious about a diversification strategy if you don’t include China in it. China accounts for 33 per cent of global growth, economic growth. That is an extraordinary number. It’s more than all the rest of Asia combined,” explained Edward Greenspon, co-chair of Publicly Policy Forum.

The clause specifically states that “at least three months prior to commencing negotiations, a party shall inform the other parties of its intention to commence free trade agreement negotiations with a “non-market country.” If any party is opposed to the agreement struck, they’re permitted to give notice of withdrawal from the USMCA. (Read more from “Study Says Canada Needs Trade With China, but the USMCA Will Make That More Challenging” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Julian Assange’s Communications Partly Restored by Ecuadorian Government

The Ecuadorian government has decided to partly restore communications for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.

They were cut in March, denying him access to the internet or phones and limiting visitors to members of his legal team. . .

The Ecuadorian government said in March it had acted because Mr Assange had breached “a written commitment made to the government at the end of 2017 not to issue messages that might interfere with other states”.

Wikileaks said in a statement: “Ecuador has told WikiLeaks publisher Julian Assange that it will remove the isolation regime imposed on him following meetings between two senior UN officials and Ecuador’s President Lenin Moreno on Friday.”

Kristinn Hrafnsson, WikiLeaks editor-in-chief, added: “It is positive that through UN intervention Ecuador has partly ended the isolation of Mr Assange although it is of grave concern that his freedom to express his opinions is still limited. (Read more from “Julian Assange’s Communications Partly Restored by Ecuadorian Government” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

MSM Lies, Conservatives Mad: The Trump Administration Really Hasn’t Banned Transgender Americans From Military Service

LGBT activist organization Lambda Legal argued in front of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals on October 10 in an ongoing effort to challenge President Trump’s “transgender military ban.”

The issue began in 2017 when President Trump tweeted a statement that the Human Rights Campaign says meant “thousands of transgender service members and countless more potential recruits found their worlds turned upside down.” The tweets indicated transgender individuals would be banned from serving in the armed forces, reversing an Obama administration policy. This spurred multiple lawsuits and ongoing controversy.

For example, Sarah McBride, a HRC spokesperson, said this “is part of a broader effort to push transgender people back into the shadows and out of public life. From the bipartisan chorus of members of Congress to leading medical associations to several federal courts, every passing day we see further proof that this president’s policy is animus-fueled, dangerous and unconstitutional.”

But as has been often the case in these highly politicized debates, the reality does not quite reflect the narrative. The transgender policy is detailed in a 44-page memorandum to the president, written by Defense Secretary James Mattis on February 22, 2018. The document titled “Military Service by Transgender Individuals” is an exhaustive review of the concerns related to both aspiring service members who are transgender and transgender people already serving. . .

The details are remarkable and staggering in complexity. The paper uses compassionate language and illustrates an underlying respect for transgender individuals and an appreciation of their unique struggles without compromising accuracy and honesty. (Read more from “Stop Lying: The Trump Administration Has Not Banned Transgender Americans From Military Service” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

80 Percent of Americans Think Political Correctness Is a National Problem

Eighty percent of Americans say “political correctness is a problem in our country,” according to newly released data from a nationally representative poll drawing upon 8,000 survey respondents, 30 one-hour interviews, and six focus group. Some of this data, compiled with help from YouGov, has been newly released in a report called “Hidden Tribes.”

Objections to political correctness are even stronger among racial minorities and those who have never attended college. High-income college graduates, especially those with advanced degrees, are the Americans most likely to think political correctness is not a problem. These are also the group most likely to label themselves atheists or agnostics, and identify as politically liberal.

Contrary to a common cultural narrative, the poll finds large majorities of Americans of all ages, income levels, and racial backgrounds oppose political correctness, even while 82 percent also think “hate speech” is a problem. This may suggest Americans believe thought and speech censorship is not the best way to address rude and discriminatory behavior.

Opposition to political correctness was higher among Asians (82 percent), Hispanics (87 percent), and American Indians (88 percent) than among white Americans (79 percent). In fact, just about every single demographic studied showed overwhelming objection to political correctness except the Americans the study reporting the poll results identified as “progressive activists.” Progressive activists, the study says, “have an outsized role in political discourse, even though they comprise a small portion of the total population (about 1 in 12 Americans).” . . .

“Progressive activists are the only group that strongly backs political correctness: Only 30 percent see it as a problem,” wrote Harvard University lecturer Yascha Mounk in an overview of the poll results at The Atlantic. (Read more from “80 Percent of Americans Think Political Correctness Is a National Problem” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Here’s What Trump Understands About Kanye West

The most compelling moment of Kanye West’s Oval Office meeting with President Trump made no headlines. As their conversation drew to a close, a reporter asked Trump whether solving the problems that plague Chicago was a “law enforcement issue” or a “legislative issue.” . . .

Why should Trump, the leader of the free world, take time on a busy Thursday afternoon to let West regale the press with his eccentric pontifications in the Oval Office? Why affiliate with him at all?

Because West’s word means much more than Trump’s in Chicago. And it’s even broader than that: The power of celebrity is what enabled Trump to infiltrate and reshape the Republican Party.

The audience that knew and loved Trump from “Celebrity Apprentice” helped him win the GOP primary. It gave him an edge over the full stable of staid politicians. Critically, celebrities build trust— and “respect,” in the president’s words— with their fanbases. In both Trump and West’s case, that gives them advantage with a sizable swath of people.

Trump understands and accepts the extent to which messaging depends on the messenger. Kanye West may not be a serious political thinker, or have a spotless record, but his voice is more powerful than any politician’s with his fans. Where many an established politico would laugh at the notion of giving West a platform to wax philosophical about “Yeezy Centers of Ideation,” Trump understands how the benefits outweigh the costs for making inroads with the people who matter. (Read more from “Here’s What Trump Understands About Kanye West” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Bodies of 11 Infants Found in False Ceiling of Former Funeral Home

By Daily Wire. On Friday, following an anonymous tip, authorities discovered the bodies of 11 infants in the ceiling of what used to be a funeral home in Detroit, Michigan.

The Cantrell Funeral Home was closed down in April after inspectors from the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) found it to be in violation of numerous codes, including the “improper storage” of multiple embalmed bodies.

Quality Behavioral Health had since bought the former funeral home with plans to turn it into a community center.

LARA received an anonymous letter on Friday directing them to the bodies, which were found in a “drop-down ceiling accessible from an attic ladder” in the building, according to Detroit Free Press. When LARA officials got to the scene, they found a cardboard box and a casket in the ceiling. The police were then called to investigate.

(Read more from “Bodies of 11 Infants Found in False Ceiling of Former Funeral Home” HERE)

______________________________________________________

11 Infant Bodies Found at Former Detroit Funeral Home: What We Know

By Detroit Free Press. The grisly discovery Friday of 11 badly-decomposed infant bodies inside the ceiling of a former funeral home on Detroit’s east side raises disturbing questions of how this could have happened.

The anonymous tip that brought state investigators to the former Cantrell Funeral Home at 10400 Mack Avenue revealed nine bodies in a cardboard box, and two inside a trash bag placed in a casket.

The building’s new owner, who purchased it about a month ago, said the interior smelled horribly, and he’d removed four dumpsters of garbage as he started renovating it into a community center.

Officials on Sunday still had no answers to why the bodies were there, and none of the identities of the infants or their relatives had been disclosed. . .

The Cantrell Funeral Home operated by Raymond Cantrell II, who inherited the business after his father died in 2016, was shuttered in April after state inspectors cited “deplorable, unsanitary conditions.” (Read more from “11 Infant Bodies Found at Former Detroit Funeral Home: What We Know” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Watch: Woman Claims Young Boy Sexually Assaulted Her, Then Surveillance Video Released

A New York woman is facing significant backlash after she called 911 on a young boy last week, claiming that he sexually assaulted her, when surveillance video of the incident appears to show that he did not do what she claims he did.

Teresa Klein told police that the boy “grabbed” her “a-s” at a Sahara Deli Market in Brooklyn, Pix11 reported.

Speaking to the local media outlet, Klein still claims that she was sexually assaulted despite surveillance video that was released which does not appear to support her claims. . .

Klein claimed that the boy’s mother told her she was a police officer despite video footage clearly showing it was Klein who claimed she was a police officer.

(Read more from “Watch: Woman Claims Young Boy Sexually Assaulted Her, Then Surveillance Video Released” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Antifa Rages: Patriot Prayer Rally in Portland Turns Bloody; American Flag Saved From Flames

By Daily Wire. A massive brawl broke out Saturday night in Portland, Oregon, at a Patriot Prayer Rally, which descended into chaos when Antifa leftists arrived.

The two opposing groups squared off in the streets, using clubs and fists to beat each other. The brawl, which lasted just one minute, was broken up by riot cops, who quickly fired pepper balls at the street fighters, The Oregonian reported.

Ironically, the protest was billed as a “law and order” demonstration. But police reported seeing members of both groups wearing hard-knuckle gloves and carrying knives and clubs. . .

This isn’t the first time that Antifa has caused chaos in the liberal city. On Saturday in Portland, Oregon, Antifa protesters got in the middle of downtown traffic and started forcing drivers to follow their directions, cursing the drivers and even chasing down one elderly driver who didn’t follow their orders. (Read more from “Antifa Rages: Patriot Prayer Rally in Portland Turns Bloody; American Flag Saved From Flames” HERE)

____________________________________________

Bear Spray, Bloody Brawls at Patriot Prayer ‘Law and Order’ March in Portland

By The Oregonian. A demonstration billed as a march for “law and order” in the streets of Portland descended into chaos as rival political factions broke into bloody brawls downtown Saturday night.

Members of the right-wing group Patriot Prayer and their black-clad adversaries, known as antifa, used bear spray, bare fists and batons to thrash each other outside Kelly’s Olympian, a popular bar on Southwest Washington Street. . .

The Portland Police Bureau reported seeing protest and counter-protest participants outfitted with hard knuckle gloves, knives and firearms earlier in the evening. Police said they made no arrests Saturday night, but will continue to investigate. (Read more from “Bear Spray, Bloody Brawls at Patriot Prayer ‘Law and Order’ March in Portland” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.