Venezuelan Journalist Hits Jim Carrey With Scathing Reality Check for Praising Socialism

Hollywood superstar Jim Carrey made headlines last weekend when he declared that Democrats needs to “say yes to socialism” and stop apologizing for their increasingly progressive agenda. . .

Writing in an open letter published in Runrunes, Venezuelan columnist Laureano Márquez eloquently explains that socialism in the root cause of Venezuela’s current crisis — one that started as an idea, but manifested itself much differently than leaders promised.

“I admire you very much, but sometimes it seems that the inability of Hollywood stars to understand politics is directly proportional to their scenic talent. [Ronald] Reagan was always an actor of very little talent, thank God,” Márquez began. “I read that…you said: ‘We have to say yes to socialism, to the word ‘socialism’ and to everything.’ Perhaps for you, as for all humanity, the word ‘socialism’ sounds beautiful.” . . .

“[In] Venezuela, what we find is just that our regime is not – for God’s sake – the antithesis of selfishness,” he explained. “In Venezuela, dear Jim, from what I have just told you, there is no equitable distribution of wealth; wealth is concentrated, as rarely before in our history, in very few hands.”

Socialism’s grim reality is so bad, Márquez explained, that his society’s most vulnerable people groups are at “God’s mercy,” fleeing the country in search of food, medicine, and other basic necessities to survive. (Read more from “Venezuelan Journalist Hits Jim Carrey With Scathing Reality Check for Praising Socialism” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Revealed: Three Democrats Attended Private Dinner With Iran’s President and Louis Farrakhan

Three Democratic congressmen attended a private dinner hosted by Iranian President Hassan Rouhani in 2013, a new report reveals.

Reps. Keith Ellison of Minnesota, Andre Carson of Indiana and Gregory Meeks of New York attended the private dinner, along with Louis Farrakhan, a notorious anti-Semite who leads the black supremacist group Nation of Islam.

Iran is the number one state sponsor of terrorism, according to the United States government, which has listed the Islamic Republic as a state sponsor of terror since 1984. Rouhani was in New York for a United Nations meeting and held the dinner party just hours after speaking to the UN General Assembly.

Final Call, a Nation of Islam publication, noted the three Democrats’ attendance at the time and included photos of Ellison and Meeks at the dinner party. But aside from the Final Call article, the three Democrats’ presence at the dinner remained secret until a Wall Street Journal column revealed it on Friday. None of the three congressmen’s offices responded to The Daily Caller’s request for comment for this article. . .

The CBC held a secret meeting with Farrakhan in 2005, where then-Illinois Sen. Barack Obama took a smiling picture with the hate group leader. The existence of both the meeting and Obama’s photo with Farrakhan remained secret until last month. A Final Call photographer said he suppressed the photo for 13 years at the CBC’s request, in order to protect Obama’s political career.

(Read more from “Revealed: Three Democrats Attended Private Dinner With Iran’s President and Louis Farrakhan” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Imam Who Recruited for ISIS Is About to Get Released From Prison Early

In September 2016, infamous and dangerous Imam Anjem Choudary was sentenced to five years in prison for recruiting individuals to join ISIS and carry out jihad against “infidels” in the west. Before his loyalty to ISIS, Choudary praised Osama bin Laden for carrying out the September 11 attacks.

Next week Choudary will be released from prison early on a technicality. He’s served less than half of his sentence and is still considered a serious threat.

(Read more from “Imam Who Recruited for ISIS Is About to Get Released From Prison Early” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Someone Screwed Up: FEMA Delivered Millions of Bottles to Puerto Rico, It’s Been Rotting on a Runway for a Year

Last year in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria, FEMA delivered millions of bottles of water to the island as part of the relief effort. After the supplies were delivered, hundreds of pallets worth, they were never distributed. CBS News broke the story.

The photos were taken by Abdiel Santana, who works with the United Forces of Rapid Action agency of the Puerto Rican Police. Santana said he snapped the photos because he was angry to still see them sitting there, nearly a year after he first spotted them.

Marty Bahamonde, director of disaster operations at FEMA, confirmed that the agency delivered the bottled water to the island but said the agency didn’t track specific shipments. It’s not clear what became of the bottles after the delivery. FEMA is investigating whether or not the agency placed the water bottles on the runway.

(Read more from “Someone Screwed Up: FEMA Delivered Millions of Bottles to Puerto Rico, It’s Been Rotting on a Runway for a Year” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

U.S. Has ‘Likely’ Become the World’s Biggest Oil Producer

The United States may have reclaimed the title of the world’s biggest oil producer sooner than expected.

The U.S. Energy Information Administration said Wednesday that, based on preliminary estimates, America “likely surpassed” Russia in June and August after jumping over Saudi Arabia earlier this year.

If those estimates are right, it would mark the first time since 1973 that the U.S. has led the world in output, according to government figures. (Read more from “U.S. Has ‘Likely’ Become the World’s Biggest Oil Producer” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Report Blames Russia for Sonic Attacks

U.S. personnel assigned to diplomatic missions in Cuba have over the past year or so complained about a “sonic attack” that produces in victims abnormal sensations of sound and pressure. . .

So the FBI, CIA and other agencies have been investigating, and their conclusion is that it may have been Russia using electromagnetic weapons against Americans. . .

“U.S. officials said in July they were still investigating health problems at the U.S. embassy in Cuba, and do not know who or what was behind the mysterious illnesses, which began in 2016 and have affected 26 Americans,” the report said.

“NBC has achieved the seemingly impossible, somehow managing to incorporate mysterious brain-zapping weapons, evidence-free accusations from anonymous U.S. officials, and Russia, into a juicy smorgasbord of journalistic excellence,” the publication said.

“The bombshell report opens with a phrase that every American schoolchild already knows by heart – ‘Russia is likely behind’ – but this is no ordinary, Pulitzer-prize winning morsel of security state stenography. This time, the Russians ‘likely’ targeted U.S. diplomats stationed in Cuba and China with a powerful brain-altering weapon (which has yet to be identified/confirmed to actually exist), resulting in various injuries, ranging from hearing loss to ‘problems with cognition.’” (Read more from “Report Blames Russia for Sonic Attacks” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Police Dept. Mocked for Asking Citizens to Report Crimes Like ‘Offensive or Insulting Comments’

Not only do police in the U.K. remove screwdrivers and scissors during a “weapons sweep,” they also ask their fellow citizens to report on “hate crimes,” like “offensive or insulting comments.”

In a tweet that genuinely has to be seen to be believed, the South Yorkshire police in Britain implored their followers to report “insulting comments” whether in word or in written form, as part of an anti-hate campaign.

“In addition to reporting hate crime, please report non-crime hate incidents, which can include things like offensive or insulting comments, online, in person or in writing,” the blue check marked tweet “reads. “Hate will not be tolerated in South Yorkshire. Report it and put a stop to it #HateHurtsSY”

(Read more from “Police Dept. Mocked for Asking Citizens to Report Crimes Like ‘Offensive or Insulting Comments'” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Pope Shocks With Homily, Attacks ‘Great Accuser’ Satan for Exposing Bishops’ Sins in Church Scandal

In a strange and almost tone-deaf homily delivered Tuesday morning, Pope Francis implored the hierarchy of the Catholic Church to pray and resist the “Great Accuser,” Satan, who seeks to expose sin in order to divide the faithful.

“In these times, it seems like the ‘Great Accuser’ has been unchained and is attacking bishops. True, we are all sinners, we bishops. He tries to uncover the sins, so they are visible in order to scandalize the people. The ‘Great Accuser,’ as he himself says to God in the first chapter of the Book of Job, ‘roams the earth looking for someone to accuse,’” Pope Francis said, according to an official report in Vatican news. . .

The “Great Accuser” is a reference to Satan first seen in the book of Job, in the Old Testament. Satan is there attempting to sow division by making false accusations of sin. Many faithful Catholics took the Pope’s word, however, as an attack on lay people seeking transparency from the Vatican, which is accused of covering for Bishops, Cardinals, and other clerics accused of sexual abuse over the course of at least four decades.

Concluding, it appears the Pope suggested Bishops consider the real victims of the sexual abuse scandals currently roiling the Church: the Bishops. The Devil, he said, “roams the world seeking how to blame. The strength of the bishop against the great accuser is prayer — his own and Jesus’, the humility to feel chosen and staying close to the people of God without heading toward an aristocratic life.”

There are, no doubt, concerns that some accusations being leveled at the Vatican hierarchy — particularly some of those contained in a letter from Archibishop Maria Vigano, which often veers into the ad hominem — are unfair. But ultimately, so much evidence exists that the Vatican, and particularly Bishops and clerics in the United States, silenced victims of sexual abuse for decades and protected and even hid their abusers, that a full and fair investigation is warranted in the name of justice. (Read more from “Pope Shocks With Homily, Attacks ‘Great Accuser’ Satan for Exposing Bishops’ Sins in Church Scandal” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

The Dossier: Trump Shuts Down PLO “Embassy”; Iran Threatens U.S. Troops

Trump admin to shut down PLO’s Washington “embassy”

National security adviser John Bolton is expected to announce later today that the Trump administration is officially shutting down the D.C. diplomatic facility of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO).

Contrary to the opinions of the bureaucrats in the State Department and the bipartisan foreign policy elite, the PLO is today, and always has been, more representative of a terrorist organization than a group that aspires to be a functioning state.

Since its creation, the PLO has been committed to the “liberation of Palestine” (meaning the destruction of Israel and its replacement with a Palestinian state). The PLO was established to counter Zionism. Since its founding, the PLO has been labeled responsible for thousands of terrorist attacks, which have occurred not just in Israel and the Palestinian territories, but worldwide. The PLO was once a U.S.-designated terrorist organization, but that label was temporarily removed when former Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat agreed to recognize Israel. However, shortly thereafter, he launched an “intifada” (armed struggle) against Israel.

The PLO innovated terrorist attacks of the types seen today from members of terror groups like ISIS and al Qaeda, such as vehicle ramming and plane hijacking.

Moreover, the PLO is responsible for the “Munich Massacre,” when several Palestinian jihadis murdered 11 Israeli athletes at the 1972 Munich Olympics. The PLO also launched the First and Second Intifadas, which resulted in the deaths of thousands of Israelis and Palestinians. During the ’60s and ’70s, PLO-sponsored Palestinian hijackers took over several airliners in an effort to wage terror against innocent Israelis.

U.S. to assert sovereignty against International Criminal Court (ICC)

In his Monday speech, national security adviser John Bolton is also expected to announce that the Trump administration is considering sanctioning the International Criminal Court, should the ICC conduct an investigation into U.S. activities in Afghanistan.

“The United States will use any means necessary to protect our citizens and those of our allies from unjust prosecution by this illegitimate court,” NSA Bolton will state, according to a transcript of the speech reviewed by Reuters.

“We will consider taking steps in the U.N. Security Council to constrain the court’s sweeping powers, including to ensure that the ICC does not exercise jurisdiction over Americans and the nationals of our allies,” the statement continues.

Trump expected to declassify Carter Page, Bruce Ohr docs

President Trump will imminently declassify and publicly release documents related to the Obama administration’s unprecedented spying scandal, which took place mostly during the 2016 presidential campaign and during the transition period.

“President Trump is expected to declassify, as early as this week, documents covering the U.S. government’s surveillance of Trump campaign adviser Carter Page and the investigative activities of senior Justice Department lawyer Bruce Ohr, according to allies of the president,” Axios reports.

China pledges to retaliate against U.S. tariffs

Chinese officials warned the U.S. Monday that Beijing is prepared for a trade war, should the Trump administration impose further tariffs on their products.

President Trump said Friday that he was prepared to hit China with another $267 billion in tariffs on Chinese goods.

“If the United States insists on imposing another round of tariffs on Chinese products, China will definitely take countermeasures to safeguard its legitimate rights and interests,” Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Geng Shuang told the media Monday.

Iranian regime threatens U.S. forces in the Middle East

High-ranking Tehran regime officials have issued continuous threats against U.S. forces operating in the Middle East.

On Sunday, an Iranian official openly announced that Iran is prepared to arm forces fighting the U.S. in Syria with “military support.”

The move comes just days after U.S. sailors intercepted a massive Iranian arms shipment that was believed to be intended for delivery to Houthi terrorists fighting the civil war in Yemen.

Remembering 9/11

Take a moment … to remember the thousands of innocent American lives that were lost in the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks against the United States and to honor the heroes (many of whom paid the ultimate price) who emerged that day to make sure thousands more were saved and able to come home to their families.

It’s also a good time to reflect on our struggle against the radical Islamic ideology that motivated the attacks, what we’ve accomplished in those “long wars,” and the policies the U.S. has implemented since 9/11 — both the good and the bad — to safeguard the nation. (For more from the author of “The Dossier: Trump Shuts Down PLO “Embassy”; Iran Threatens U.S. Troops” please click HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Russian Threat Forces U.S. Military Action in Syria

As Russia and Syria attacked Syria’s last major region held by anti-government rebels, the United States sent a warning to Russia’s Syrian-based forces in the form of a contingent of Marines.

Hours before reports of bombing began to come in from Idlib province, located in the northwest of Syria, more than 100 Marines were sent to a coalition base in Al Tanf, which the U.S. protects with a 35-mile security zone around the town. Marines conducted live-fire exercises in the region.

Tanf is located in the south, near Syria’s border with Jordan. Twice this month, Russian leaders have threatened the U.S. with military exercises in the region, and twice the Russians have been told the U.S. will not permit that, Fox News reported.

“The United States does not seek to fight the Russians, the government of Syria or any groups that may be providing support to Syria in the Syrian civil war,” said Lt. Col. Earl Brown, a spokesman for U.S. Central Command, the Los Angeles Times reported. “However, the United States will not hesitate to use necessary and proportionate force to defend U.S., coalition or partner forces.”

The U.S. uses the Tanf base to train Syrian fighters to oppose Islamic State militants. Officials said they sent the Marines in response to fears that Russia could use its upcoming offensive in Idlib province as a time to also attack Tanf.

Initial reports Saturday from Idlib province said Russian jets were bombing civilian targets. At least four people were reported killed, according to The Guardian.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported there were more than 30 air raids Saturday in southwestern Idlib and Hama province, Fox News reported.

Health official Munzer Al-Khalil said there was “great fear” in Idlib province, Sky News reported.

“I fear we are about to face the most catastrophic crisis in our war,” he said. “When they decide to take an area, they first attack hospitals. I am worried this has already started.”

Neighboring Turkey issued a warning against escalating the attacks.

“Idlib is a ticking bomb,” said Turkish government spokesman Ibrahim Kalin. “We can turn it off and start a new process in Syria if the international community gets serious about the Syrian war and shows that they do care about the Syrian people.”

Earlier this week, President Donald Trump warned Syria against attacking Idlib.

“President Bashar al-Assad of Syria must not recklessly attack Idlib Province. The Russians and Iranians would be making a grave humanitarian mistake to take part in this potential human tragedy. Hundreds of thousands of people could be killed. Don’t let that happen!” Trump tweeted Monday.

With that in mind, Marine Gen. Joseph Dunford, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said conversations have begun to develop military response options for Trump, NBC reported.

Dunford said no decision has been made.

“But we are in a dialogue, a routine dialogue, with the president to make sure he knows where we are with regard to planning in the event that chemical weapons are used,” he said during a trip to India.

Trump “expects us to have military options and we have provided updates to him on the development of those military options,” Dunford said. (For more from the author of “Russian Threat Forces U.S. Military Action in Syria” please click HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.