Millions Drop off Food Stamps Under Trump, Small Business Optimism Soars to All-Time High

According to new numbers recently released by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, millions of Americans have left welfare checks behind after the program ballooned to record recipients under President Obama.

Further, a new Gallup poll shows small business optimism just hit an all time high. Here’s why:

U.S. small-business owners are more optimistic now than at any point in the 15-year history of the Wells Fargo/Gallup Small Business Index. In the latest quarterly survey, which measures small-business owners’ attitudes about a wide variety of factors affecting their businesses, the overall index score is +118.

(Read more from “Millions Drop off Food Stamps Under Trump, Small Business Optimism Soars to All-Time High” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Big Mistake Led to Leak of Damning Info About Broward County Schools’ Handling of Nikolas Cruz

Broward County school officials made a huge mistake that resulted in the publication of private information about the student charged with murdering 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School — and now they’re going after the reporters who published the info, according to the South Florida Sun Sentinel.

The school district has asked that the Sun Sentinel and two of its reporters who published the private information be held in contempt of court for taking advantage of the school system’s mistake.

“They opted to report, publicly, information that this court had ordered to be redacted despite agreeing, on the record, that this information was protected by both Florida and federal law,” the district claims, according to court records.

Reporters and editors at the paper stand by the decision to release the information, and media lawyer Tom Julin doesn’t believe the paper did anything wrong.

“The problem is the School Board’s problem and not the Sun Sentinel’s,” Julin said. “The Sun Sentinel is entitled to publish the information that it lawfully obtained even if that information should have been redacted from the document that was released.” (Read more from “Big Mistake Led to Leak of Damning Info About Broward County Schools’ Handling of Nikolas Cruz” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

After Being Destroyed Twice, This Is Now Happening to Trump’s Hollywood Star

The West Hollywood City Council called Monday night for President Trump’s star be removed from the Hollywood Walk of Fame, according to a tweet by the city’s mayor.

“West Hollywood City council unanimously passes resolution asking the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce to remove the Donald Trump star on Hollywood Walk of Fame,” cheered Mayor John Duran on Twitter.

During the meeting, Mr. Duran said the resolution “is not because of his conservative politics or his conservative policies. It is for the abuse of women, minorities, immigrants, the disabled … you’ve crossed a line of decency.” . . .

“Unfortunately some of the comments made by the Trump supporters tonight are a reflection of that anger and angst and divisiveness. If anyone ever needed to solidify my vote on this, the Trump supporters who showed up tonight … pretty much solidified that what we’re doing is right.”

The Council put the resolution on its “consent calendar” for what it describes as “routine matters [that] can be acted on by one motion.” (Read more from “After Being Destroyed Twice, This Is Now Happening to Trump’s Hollywood Star” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Dems Step on Their Own Gender PC Rake and Get Slammed Right in the Face

A conservative state lawmaker in Massachusetts demonstrated exceptionally well how conservatives need to fight in state legislatures last week, single-handedly defeating a bill that would allow people to list their genders as “X” on driver’s licenses or other forms of state ID.

Massachusetts Senate President Karen Spilka, D-Ashland, introduced S.2562, which would allow an individual to check “X” instead of male or female at the Registry of Motor Vehicles when the person is applying for a driver’s license, permit, or other form of identification. Praising the bill as a “joyous occasion” for kids’ lives, Spilka said if it would help people feel more comfortable in their gender confusion, “Why not do it?”

“There’s no reason for somebody to have to check off a box of male or female on their license,” she said, according to MassLive.

Social conservatives objected, and Rep. Jim Lyons, R-Andover, decided to throw the Democrats’ gender political correctness right back in their faces, claiming the proposed bill was discriminatory. Only listing three genders — male, female, and “X” — left out those who identify as “gender fluid,” or “gender questioning,” or “trigender,” “trans male,” “trans woman,” “androgynous,” “pangender,” or any one of Facebook’s 73 gender options, and Lyons was ready to do something about it.

The conservative lawmaker prepared 73 amendments to the bill to include each and every gender listed by Facebook. None of his proposed amendments could be ruled out of order, and under House rules, each required 10 minutes of debate with three minutes for a roll call vote. That’s over 15 hours of legislative time. If Democrats really wanted to include this piece of PC gender theory propaganda in law, they would have to go on record opposing each gender amendment vote and delay important votes on real issues.

The Massachusetts legislature’s website shows that Lyons was able to introduce 29 of his amendments before the Democrats surrendered and pulled the bill.

The Boston Herald’s Howie Carr reports that leaving the House building, a reporter asked Lyons why he tanked the gender “X” bill.

“Are you saying you want to leave some genders behind?” Lyons replied.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is how you turn a premise against the Left and whack them over the heads with it to defeat their dumb proposed laws.

Bravo. (For more from the author of “Dems Step on Their Own Gender PC Rake and Get Slammed Right in the Face” please click HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Pope Francis Rewrites Catholicism… and the Bible

Last week, the Vatican announced that Pope Francis had changed the Catholic catechism. After 2,000 years of teaching that a moral use of capital punishment for murder is consistent with Catholic teaching, the pope announced that the catechism, the church fathers and St. Thomas Aquinas, among the other great Catholic theologians, were all wrong.

And God and the Bible? They’re wrong, too.

Pope Francis, the product of Latin American liberation theology — along with many other Catholic religious and lay leaders — is remaking Catholicism in the image of leftism, just as mainstream Protestant leaders have been rendering much of mainstream Protestantism a branch of leftism, and non-Orthodox Jewish clergy and lay leaders have been rendering most non-Orthodox synagogues and lay institutions left-wing organizations.

The notion that it is immoral to execute any murderer — no matter how heinous the murder, no matter how many innocents he has murdered, no matter how incontrovertible the proof of guilt — is an expression of emotion, not of reason or natural law or Christian theology or biblical theology. . .

But the Bible makes it clear capital punishment for murder is applicable to all of humanity. It is the first law God gives Noah after the flood, after commanding him to be fruitful and multiply. Putting murderers to death is therefore the first moral law God gives the world. Why this draconian penalty for murder? Because the penalty is a statement about the seriousness of a crime, and the God of the Bible deems the wrongful, deliberate taking of a human life the pinnacle of injustice. Allowing all murderers to keep their own lives diminishes the evil of murder and thereby cheapens the worth of the human being. In God’s words, “Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image” (Genesis 9:6). (Read more from “Pope Francis Rewrites Catholicism… and the Bible” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Lawmaker Under Heavy Fire After Stomach-Churning Nude Photo Scandal Breaks

In what was easily the most stomach-churning, dispiriting political story of the week, an Illinois state representative has resigned after his ex-girlfriend alleged he used naked photos of her to lure men into explicit, sexually charged online discussions.

According to Politico, first-term Illinois state Rep. Nick Sauer was drummed out after Kate Kelly, his former girlfriend, filed a complaint with the Illinois’ Office of the Legislative Inspector General.

Kelly’s complaint stated Sauer used the pictures on an Instagram account “to catfish other men using my privately shared naked photos. Nick would use this account to direct message men with my photos to engage in graphic conversations of a sexual nature. The men believed they were communicating with me and Nick shared private details of my life.”

The complaint also claims Kelly has filed a complaint with the Chicago Police Department over Sauer’s use of the photos and that law enforcement is conducting “an active investigation” into the allegations. Chicago Police have not yet responded to a Freedom of Information Act request in the matter.

Kelly told Politico that the two started a long-distance relationship on dating app Tinder and that she moved to Chicago in 2017 to be with him. However, the two broke up earlier this year, apparently because Sauer was seeing other women. (Read more from “Lawmaker Under Heavy Fire After Stomach-Churning Nude Photo Scandal Breaks” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Listen: Man Suffering From Incurable Neurological Disease Releases Tapes of Hospital Staff Seemingly Offering Assisted Death

A Canadian man suffering from an incurable neurological disease, who is hospitalized but has repeatedly asked to live at home, has released tapes of hospital staff seemingly offering him help seeking a medically-assisted death.

As CTV reports, Roger Foley, 42, who suffers from cerebellar ataxia which impedes his ability to move his arms and legs, filed a lawsuit against a London, Ontario hospital, several health agencies, the Ontario government and the federal government earlier this year, alleging that health officials would not provide him with an assisted home care team of his choosing.

Foley has now released audio recordings of conversations he had with two health care workers at Victoria Hospital London Health Sciences Centre, where he has resided since February 2016.

One audio recording from September 2017 features Foley speaking of his “forced discharge,” asking the health care worker how much he’d have to pay to remain in the hospital. After the man tells him, “I don’t know what the exact number is, but it is north of $1,500 a day,” Foley argues that the Ontario health minister said that was “not legal.” The health care worker replies that the hospital does not use “this conversation in every situation … It is only in situations where somebody has a plan in the community that is feasible that they’re not going to accept and that’s okay.” . . .

The health care worker states, “Roger, this is not my show. I told you my piece of this was to talk to you about if you had interest in assisted dying.” (Read more from “Listen: Man Suffering From Incurable Neurological Disease Releases Tapes of Hospital Staff Seemingly Offering Assisted Death” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Supermarket Employee’s Kindness Toward Autistic Customer Leads to $110k Fund for College

By The Blaze. What began as a gesture of kindness ended up raising more than $110,000 in college tuition for a supermarket worker who helped a young, autistic customer.

It happened when Jordan Taylor, 20, was stocking the shelves of a cooler at Rouse’s Market in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, last week.

Jack Ryan Edwards, 17, who has autism, was shopping with his father in the store and began watching Taylor do his job. Taylor noticed and offered to show Jack how it’s done.

Jack’s father videotaped the two stocking milk and juice for about a half-hour, according to published reports. Delaney Edwards Alwosaibi, Jack’s sister, later shared the video on Facebook.

“Talk about a stand-up young man!!!!” Alwosaibi wrote on Facebook. “We all know autism makes going out difficult, and sometimes grocery stores can be a challenge. This young man took the time to slow down and allow Jack Ryan to help for over 30 minutes, guiding him as he finished his task.” (Read more from “Supermarket Employee’s Kindness Toward Autistic Customer Leads to $110k Fund for College” HERE)

_________________________________________

Viral Louisiana Supermarket Employee Who Let Autistic Customer Stock Shelves Gets $100g for College

By Fox News. Alwosaibi and everyone who saw the video were so impressed by what Taylor did, they decided to start a GoFundMe page Wednesday to help raise money to send him to college. Taylor told Alwosaibi he loves math and might want to be a teacher someday.

The campaign originally had a goal of $10,000, but after receiving an overwhelming amount of donations, the goal was increased to $100,000, which it had reached as of Friday afternoon.

“He could have ignored him. He could have made an excuse and said he couldn’t allow him to help. Instead, he let him have his moment and in turn gave my family a moment we will never forget,” Alwosaibi wrote.

“It might seem like nothing to others, but as you can hear my dad say in the video, [‘I’m watching a miracle in action’].” (Read more from “Viral Louisiana Supermarket Employee Who Let Autistic Customer Stock Shelves Gets $100g for College” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Man Collapses After Mcdonald’s Allegedly Spikes His Diet Coke With Heroin Substitute

A father in Utah is demanding justice after he said a soda from a local McDonald’s caused him to collapse in his home about two years ago.

According to CBS News, Trevor Walker described a terrifying experience upon taking a sip of a Diet Coke after a trip to the fast-food restaurant with his three young sons. He later found out a powerful prescription painkiller had been added to his cup.

“I started to feel unusual, I started to sense a lapse in time,” he said.

The increasingly frantic man initially believed he was having a panic attack and texted his wife in an attempt to get some help.

“I am having sensations in my arms and everything is moving slowly,” he wrote in one message at the time. “I’m feeling scared. I don’t know what to do. I’m so scared I’m trying to be calm. I need you.”

He recounted the experience in an interview with KUTV, explaining that the most frightening part of the incident was knowing his 1, 3, and 8-year-old sons were with him. After the incident, he said he often considered the fact that any one of his boys could have taken a sip of his contaminated soda.

“There was this panic that came over me, there was this surge of adrenaline,” he said of the experience. “I didn’t know what to do.”

Walker blacked out but survived the experience and started working to understand what happened to him.

“It was kind of like getting punched in the face without knowing it’s on the way,” he said.

Analysis of his beverage later showed that it contained the potent painkiller buprenorphine. The drug is used to replace opioids and heroin in some cases.

While he was relieved that the experience was not indicative of a more serious health issue, Walker said he has since struggled with post-traumatic stress disorder.

Law enforcement never identified a suspect in the case and all staff members working that day denied any involvement in spiking the drink.

Walker had been negotiating a settlement with McDonald’s, though they apparently stalled recently, prompting him to file a lawsuit against the fast-food chain and Coca-Cola.

A spokesman for the beverage company said safety is a “top priority” and the company is “working with our customer on this matter to understand the facts.”

Through the lawsuit, Walker says he wants to see McDonald’s accept responsibility for the incident. He is also seeking unspecified damages.

“I would like there to be some justice for what has taken place,” he said. “I don’t want to see somebody else go through what we’ve gone through. It could have been my son. If one of my sons had drank my drink, the outcome could have been worse.” (For more from the author of “Man Collapses After Mcdonald’s Allegedly Spikes His Diet Coke With Heroin Substitute” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

‘Fighting Miracle’: Premature NCIU Baby Who Died Twice in Operating Room Goes Home

A baby boy who spent the first 151 days of his life outside the womb in the hospital and has been called a “little warrior” and a “fighting miracle” finally went home Thursday.

Aureilo Resendiz was just 2 pounds, 1 ounce when he was born prematurely at the 28th week of gestation. He was doing well in the neonatal intensive care unit at New Hanover Regional Medical Center in North Carolina until on Mother’s Day this year doctors told his mother, Tabatha Resendiz, he needed emergency surgery.

“I delivered at 28 weeks. He was 2 pounds, 1 ounce, doing great,” Tabatha told WECT. “Come March we were supposed to go home and we get a call on Mother’s Day. He was going to surgery after that.”

“He was two days from going home and his intestines had twisted and they had to do emergency surgery,” NCIU nurse Monica Hyatt explained.

The little baby Aureilo fought hard for his life, requiring six surgeries before he began to recover.

“He died twice on the operating table and doctors brought him back to life. He is such a fighter,” Hyatt said. While caring for Aureilo, nurse Hyatt developed a special relationship with him.

“He’s such a cuddle bug. He just captured my heart,” she said. Nurse Hyatt grew so close to the baby that his mother decided she ought to be a part of the family forever.

“It was heavy on my heart, so one day I approached her, and I said, ‘Miss Monica, I don’t know how to ask you, but I would like for you to be Aurelio’s godmother,’ and she said, ‘Are you serious?’ and she accepted,” Tabatha said.

“I have a godchild for life,” Hyatt said. “I get to be a part of his life forever. There is nothing better.”

Now, Aureilo is 10 pounds, 8 ounces and his stay at the hospital is over. According to WECT, he is being bottle-fed but still needs to have a colostomy bag and may need it for a while.

“It will hit me tomorrow when he is not here, but that’s our goal,” Hyatt said. “It’s our goal to get them home, get them with family and get him well and he has done it.” (For more from the author of “‘Fighting Miracle’: Premature NCIU Baby Who Died Twice in Operating Room Goes Home” please click HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.