Fusion GPS Tried to Tie Trump to Clinton Pedophile Pal as Part of Smear Campaign

Fusion GPS, the opposition research firm whose Democrat-financed Russia dossier fueled an FBI investigation into Donald Trump, pitched other stories about the Republican presidential candidate to Washington reporters, including an attempt to tie him to a convicted pedophile who was once buddies with former President Bill Clinton.

Journalist sources told The Washington Times that Fusion founder Glenn Simpson pushed the idea of a close relationship between Mr. Trump and Jeffrey Epstein, who pleaded guilty in 2008 to soliciting sex from an underage girl.

The Trump-Epstein link appears purely social, far short of Mr. Clinton’s 20-plus plane rides on Epstein’s “Lolita Express” private jet around the globe in the early 2000s.

Ken Silverstein, the reporter who ultimately wrote an Epstein-Trump report, confirmed to The Times that Fusion had sourced the story. Mr. Silverstein, founder and editor of WashingtonBabylon.com who wrote the story for Vice.com, defended Mr. Simpson as a solid source of information that must first be confirmed.

For years, Fusion GPS has been an influential hidden hand in Washington, with entree into the city’s most powerful news bureaus. (Read more from “Fusion GPS Tried to Tie Trump to Clinton Pedophile Pal as Part of Smear Campaign” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

CIA Knows Who Leaked 2016 Emails From DNC

The Central Intelligence Agency knows the identities of the people who leaked DNC emails to the whistleblower organization WikiLeaks during the heat of the 2016 presidential campaign, a former CIA officer contends.

Fred Rustmann, who served as an operations officer in the CIA’s National Clandestine Service for 24 years and was a member of the agency’s elite Senior Intelligence Service, said in an interview with WND that WikiLeaks’ ongoing release of classified information is “disgusting.”

But he said it’s likely the CIA knows who the leakers are.

“WikiLeaks says they want to protect their sources – Julian Assange said that he wouldn’t reveal his sources, but he would say that it wasn’t the Russians,” Rustmann said. “But the agency knows a lot of the information. I suspect they may have a pretty good idea of who provided that information to WikiLeaks.”

The CIA sent a vague threat to WikiLeaks and the potential sources in a tweet on Saturday evening using the CIA’s official Twitter account, referencing comments CIA Director Mike Pompeo gave at the Reagan National Defense Forum. (Read more from “CIA Knows Who Leaked 2016 Emails From DNC” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Mueller Investigator Previously Defended Clinton IT Staffer

It is becoming increasingly clear that special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into the alleged collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia in the 2016 election may be seriously compromised by Democratic partisans involved in the investigation.

The latest revelation involves Mueller’s “right-hand man,” Aaron Zebley.

Zebley previously served as Mueller’s chief of staff at the FBI and as a senior counselor in the National Security Division at the Department of Justice.

Fox News’ Tucker Carlson reported Thursday night that in 2015, Zebley was an attorney for Justin Cooper, the IT staffer who set up Hillary Clinton’s private email server and the aide who destroyed Clinton’s old Blackberry phones with a hammer.

Fox News obtained documents showing that Zebley, as Cooper’s acting attorney, “stonewalled” Senate investigators, as the investigators wanted to question Cooper regarding Hillary Clinton’s mishandling of classified information.

“We are troubled by [Zebley’s] complete refusal to engage the committee in a discussion about how to further assuage your concerns,” congressional investigators complained in a letter to Cooper.

PJ Media’s Debra Heine points out how ridiculous this entire probe of Mueller’s has become:

Let this sink in. The same attorney who played a defensive role for Hillary Clinton was tapped by Mueller in June to play an offensive role against Clinton opponent Trump.

But Aaron Zebley hasn’t been the only questionable hire. Out of a team of 16 lawyers, nine of them have donated to Democratic candidates, mostly to the campaigns of Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton. None of them seem to have any Republican leanings.

Another member of the probe, Jeannie Rhee, was the personal attorney for Ben Rhodes (a former staffer and adviser of Obama) and also represented the Clinton Foundation, Fox News’ Laura Ingraham reported on Wednesday.

Two other members of the team have been revealed as blatantly partisan as well — Peter Strzok, an anti-Trumper who helped exonerate Hillary Clinton, and Andrew Weissmann, an “unscrupulous prosecutor” who told outgoing acting Attorney General Sally Yates in an email that he was “proud” of her for defying President Trump’s travel ban.

There has not been a single shred of evidence thus far linking Trump’s campaign to a crime or collusion. Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and his business partner Rick Gates were indicted on corruption charges unrelated to Russia. Former national security adviser Michael Flynn was indicted on charges of lying to the FBI about contacts with Russia after the election. No collusion there, either.

At best, the investigation has charged a former low-level Trump campaign member, George Papadopoulos, with lying to the FBI about the timing of contacts he made with fronts for the Russian government purportedly on behalf of the campaign. But National Review’s Andy McCarthy explained how Papadopoulos’ story actually shows how the Trump campaign actually took steps to avoid “express or implied deals with the Kremlin.”

As time goes on, more and more of Robert Mueller’s investigation is shown to be compromised, with members’ concerning ties to the Democratic Party. Their capacity for a fair and objective investigation is in serious question .

When will it end? (For more from the author of “Mueller Investigator Previously Defended Clinton IT Staffer” please click HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Half Baked: What the Left Thinks of Muslim Christmas Cakes

Are ANYONE’S First Amendment rights allowed in the workplace anymore? Apparently not.

Anti-free speech protesters rallied outside the Supreme Court this week to kick off the oral arguments for one of the most important free speech cases in a generation, in which the court will decide whether individuals can be forced by states to violate their consciences.

At the heart of this case is Jack Philips — a Christian baker and the owner of Masterpiece Cakeshop — who was forced by his state government to serve a gay wedding.

But what if the situation were different?

The “Capitol Hill Brief” team went to ask protestors what should happen if a Muslim baker were put in a similar situation. Some of the answers we got may surprise you.

(For more from the author of “Half Baked: What the Left Thinks of Muslim Christmas Cakes” please click HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Bernie Sanders’ Wife’s Land Deal Still Under FBI Probe; Witness Recently Questioned

A federal investigation launched in 2016 into possible bank fraud by Jane Sanders, wife of U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders, is still underway — with “a potential” grand jury review possible.

The probe could thwart Sanders’ 2020 presidential ambitions — as well as the Vermont political plans of Jane Sanders’ daughter, Carina Driscoll.

Individuals questioned by the FBI confirmed to Fox News that the investigation was still open, with FBI agents interviewing at least one witness within the last six weeks.

Jane Sanders is under investigation following a land deal she clinched when she was president of Burlington College in Vermont in 2010.

In order to expand the college, Sanders sought to obtain a tract of land from a Roman Catholic parish. She secured a $6.7 million loan from a bank and a $3.6 million loan from the parish from which she planned to purchase the property. (Read more from “Bernie Sanders’ Wife’s Land Deal Still Under FBI Probe; Witness Recently Questioned” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

David Brock May Be Illegally Funding an Effort to Impeach Trump

David Brock’s Media Matters for America appears to be granting hundreds of thousands of dollars in charitable funds to political groups that are trying to impeach the president and unseat Republicans across the nation.

Brock’s Media Matters for America is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization that has tax-exempt status. That tax-exempt status comes with an important caveat: the non-profit is barred from participating in political activity–funding or otherwise–that is in support or opposition to a candidate for office.

Media Matters for America granted $200,000 in 2016 to a Brock organization, though it is unclear if it was American Bridge 21st Century Foundation or a super PAC sharing its name, American Bridge 21st Century PAC, according to the non-profit’s 2016 financial statements and filings with the IRS obtained by The Daily Caller News Foundation.

Both organizations have a history of engaging in political behavior, as TheDCNF exclusively reported in October. Brock’s organizations face a Federal Election Commission complaint detailing an alleged scheme to hide donor identities involving both the foundation and super PAC that allowed for the funneling of untraceable millions that can not be publicly traced to their donors toward initiatives against conservative and GOP causes around the nation.

Under the IRS code, all 501(c)3 non-profit organizations “are absolutely prohibited from directly or indirectly participating in, or intervening in, any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office.” (Read more from “David Brock May Be Illegally Funding an Effort to Impeach Trump” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Spread the Swamp? Trump Administration Wants to Move Government Offices out of Washington

Amid the talk of draining swamps, restoring political might to blue-collar America and turning off the spigot of taxpayer cash that showers Washington, a familiar battle cry is ricocheting through this city: Move the bureaucrats out.

It has the ring of a Trumpian fantasy. Dislodge arms of the federal government from Washington and reattach them in faraway places, spreading the wealth generated by these well-paid agency workforces and forcing senior bureaucrats to face the people they affect.

But the idea has established populist roots that spread across party lines, and they are reemerging at this unique political moment.

The swaggering Interior secretary from Montana is putting the finishing touches on his plan to move the headquarters of three large public lands agencies to the West. The Stanford economist representing Silicon Valley in Congress sees opportunity to strategically seed regions of the country with pieces of the federal bureaucracy that can benefit them — and that they can benefit. The unlikely prospect of locating the Department of Transportation in Los Angeles is dangled by Republicans eager to show this crusade has bipartisan cred. (Read more from “Spread the Swamp? Trump Administration Wants to Move Government Offices out of Washington” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Franks Abruptly Resigns – Lawyer Says ‘Nothing Sexual About It’

Eight-term lawmaker Rep. Trent Franks, R.-Ariz., is resigning from Congress effectively immediately, after being pressured to step down by House Speaker Paul Ryan.

Franks was informed Thursday that the House Ethics Committee had opened an investigation into allegations of “sexual harassment” against him from two female former staffers.

However, unlike in the cases of Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., and Sen. John Conyers, D.-Mich., or for that matter former President Bill Clinton, Franks’ “sexual harassment” and “inappropriate behavior” did not consist of exposing himself, fondling, groping, molesting, threatening, assaulting or raping his staffers.

Rather, Franks is accused of – and has apologized for – asking two female staffers if they would be willing to serve as paid surrogates for the purpose of gestating children for Franks and his wife, who have fertility problems and have successfully employed a surrogate in the past. One of the two former staffers says Franks offered her $5 million to act as a surrogate.

Few people seem familiar with surrogacy, which became one of the top online search terms Friday. (Read more from “Franks Abruptly Resigns – Lawyer Says ‘Nothing Sexual About It'” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Pentagon Announces First-Ever Audit of the Department of Defense

“The Defense Department is starting the first agency-wide financial audit in its history,” the Pentagon’s news service says, announcing that it’s undertaking an immense task that has been sought, promised and delayed for years.

Of the tally that is starting this week, chief Pentagon spokesperson Dana W. White said, “It demonstrates our commitment to fiscal responsibility and maximizing the value of every taxpayer dollar that is entrusted to us.”

“Beginning in 2018, our audits will occur annually, with reports issued Nov. 15,” the Defense Department’s comptroller, David L. Norquist, said.

The Defense Department has famously never been audited, despite receiving hundreds of billions of dollars annually and having more than $2.2 trillion in assets.

For the Pentagon to get to this point, it has been, as they say, a process. The U.S. government established requirements for each agency to present financial statements back in the 1990s. But for more than 20 years, the Department of Defense has lagged other agencies that were following modern accounting standards, reporting what they received and spent. (Read more from “Pentagon Announces First-Ever Audit of the Department of Defense” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Trump’s ‘Extreme Vetting’ Sparks Dramatic Refugee Shift

President Donald Trump has radically changed the U.S. refugee program, as a lower admissions cap and tighter vetting procedures have led to a sharp decline in both the number of people admitted and the share of Muslims in the refugee population.

The Trump administration restarted refugee admissions in late October after the end of a 120-day suspension that was part of the revised travel ban. In the five weeks since the suspension was lifted, the U.S. admitted 40 percent fewer people than it did in the final five weeks the ban was in effect, reports Reuters, citing State Department data.

The figures show how the administration’s new vetting procedures have slowed refugee admissions to a relative trickle compared to the situation under former President Barack Obama’s administration.

U.S. immigration officials are collecting more biographical data, in addition to running applicants through law enforcement and intelligence databases, according to new guidelines laid out in October. Officials also comb through applicants’ social media posts to look for discrepancies between what they have said publicly and what they reveal during their personal interviews.

The new process includes a 90-day review period for 11 countries — Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Mali, North Korea, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria and Yemen. During that period, which began Oct. 25, refugee admissions from those countries are allowed on a case-by-case basis only, a slowdown that has contributed to the decline in overall admissions. (Read more from “Trump’s ‘Extreme Vetting’ Sparks Dramatic Refugee Shift” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.