Retail Giant Bed, Bath & Beyond to File for Bankruptcy After Removing Mypillow Products

The retail giant is prepared to file for bankruptcy, possibly this week, and has liquidators in place to close more stores unless someone or some company purchases the company at the last minute, Reuters reported.

The timing of any bankruptcy filing was in flux Monday evening, with the U.S. home goods retailer’s advisers locked in meetings exploring any remaining options to avoid it, another person familiar with the matter said. Bed Bath & Beyond is negotiating a loan to help it navigate bankruptcy proceedings, with investment firm Sixth Street in talks to provide some funding, two of the people said. The firm loaned Bed Bath & Beyond $375 million last year. The chain, once considered a category killer in home goods like dinnerware and small appliances, has lined up liquidators who are readying store closing sales that could be launched as soon as this weekend, two of the people said.

The chain had previously announced it was closing 87 of its stores along with five buybuy BABY stores on top of the 150 closures it announced last year. Its health and beauty discount store Harmon is also closing.

The chain said in January 2021 that it would stop selling MyPillow because it was not performing to expectations and not because of its CEO, Mike Lindell’s, politics.

“As previously announced, we have been rationalizing our assortment to discontinue a number of underperforming items and brands. This includes the MyPillow product line,” a spokesperson for the company said to Yahoo Finance. “Our decisions are data-driven, customer-inspired, and are delivering substantial growth in our key destination categories.”

(Read more from “Retail Giant Bed, Bath & Beyond to File for Bankruptcy After Removing Mypillow Products” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

WATCH: Democrats Go Ballistic on the House Floor After Their Own Precedent Backfires

Democrats are really, really upset that Republicans are making them live by their own precedents.

During the last congress, Democrat leadership broke the norm of allowing the minority party to dictate its members’ committee assignments. That led to the ouster of Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene from all committees based on the farcical claim that she was a threat to Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Newly-minted Speaker Kevin McCarthy vowed to enforce the rules Rep. Nancy Pelosi put in place to target Republicans, and so far, he’s kept that promise. Removing Rep. Ilhan Omar from the House Foreign Affairs Committee is the next step in the plan, and that’s being debated on the floor of the House on Thursday.

Expectedly, Democrats are going ballistic, and no one more so than Rep. Rashida Tlaib.

(Read more from “Democrats Go Ballistic on the House Floor After Their Own Precedent Backfires” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

The Fix Is In: FBI Intentionally Bungling Biden Case, Biden Admin. Blocks Archives From Revealing Discovery of Classified Docs

By New York Post. The FBI issued the “all clear” on its latest search of one of President Biden’s residences. The announcement came with the first day of special counsel Robert Hur on the job at the Justice Department.

Hur may find that the Biden legal team feels that “all clear” extends beyond the latest search. It could be challenging to make a criminal case after how the investigation has been handled.

At every stage, the FBI has adopted an approach that would compromise or complicate any criminal charge.

The FBI left the home untouched for over three months after classified documents were found in Biden’s former office in DC. While it was recently learned that the FBI did go to that office a couple weeks later, they reportedly elected to have personal counsel for the president conduct searches on the residences. Biden then spent weeks traveling to these residences after the FBI waited to search the premises.

The private searches clearly went through these documents and moved (and potentially organized) material. Despite being given the opportunity to conduct and record the initial searches, the FBI will now have to rely on the accounts of private counsel on how these documents were originally left, including any visible classification markings. (Read more from “The Fix Is In: FBI Intentionally Bungling Biden Case, Biden Admin. Blocks Archives From Revealing Discovery of Classified Docs” HERE)

__________________________________________________

National Archives Blocked From Revealing Biden Classified Docs Find by WH or DOJ: Source

By New York Post. The National Archives was blocked from informing the public about the initial discovery of classified documents at President Biden’s former DC think tank by either the White House or the Department of Justice, The Post has learned.

The shocking revelation, confirmed by a source familiar with the matter, has led to allegations of a double standard in how the National Archives and Records Administration and the Justice Department are prosecuting the investigations of Biden and of former President Donald Trump for allegedly mishandling America’s secrets.

Rep. James Comer (R-Ky.) revealed on Tuesday that Archives general counsel Gary Stern, in a closed-door interview, said he could not tell lawmakers who had ordered the Archives to keep quiet and not put out a press release announcing the Nov. 2 find at the Penn Biden Center.

“There are only two people that could have given those orders, and that’s either the Department of Justice with [Attorney General] Merrick Garland or the White House with Joe Biden,” Comer told Fox News’ “Hannity.”

“So it shows right there that this Department of Justice and this White House is interfering with this,” he added. (Read more from “National Archives Blocked From Revealing Biden Classified Docs Find by WH or DOJ: Source” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

University Forces Students To Take DEISJ Course Or Not Graduate

A New York university will force all incoming freshmen to take a course focused on “Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Social Justice” — or they won’t graduate.

The members of the SUNY (State University of New York) Board of Trustees have mandated the DEISJ course for all freshmen starting in the fall of 2023.

“This is nuts,” Professor Nicholas Giordano of SUNY’s Suffolk Community College, told The New York Post. “SUNY is one of the best university systems in the country. Why are they doing this? DEISJ is a cultural movement, not based on academics. Unfortunately, SUNY responded to the mob.”

Giordano claimed the DEISJ coursework views the United States as “inherently racist,” while “creating groups and pitting them against each other.” He added that the curriculum wants students “defined by the color of their skin.”

“This is a woke, left-wing agenda,” echoed Conservative Party of New York Chairman Jerry Kassar. “It’s disturbing. It’s dangerous. They’re treating everybody as having prejudice. It’s like a socialist, Communist state. It’s unbelievable. These ideas are best addressed at home.” (Read more from “University Forces Students to Take DEISJ Course or Not Graduate” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Why One Illegal Alien Captured in Texas Should Set Off Biden’s Alarm Bells

It’s no secret that President Joe Biden’s open-border policies have brought danger and disaster to the U.S.-Mexico border, with record numbers of illegal immigrants — including individuals on U.S. terror watch lists — and a staggering number of so-called “got-aways” whose identity and intentions in America remain unknown.

The tragic consequences of Biden’s border crisis means that it’s entirely unsurprising that an Iranian male managed to make it into the United States — illegally — from Mexico before being apprehended last week by the Texas Department of Public Safety near Del Rio, Texas.

And, as it turns out, the Iranian illegal immigrant captured in a human smuggling bust matched an individual on the FBI’s terror watchlist, a fact reported exclusively by Fox News on Wednesday. (Read more from “Why One Illegal Alien Captured in Texas Should Set Off Biden’s Alarm Bells” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Male Accused of Raping Girls Ages 4 and 9 to Serve Less Than 180 Days in Jail – Not Required to Register as Sex Offender

A 20-year-old Minnesota man accused of raping two girls, ages 4 and 9, when he was around 16 years old will serve less than 180 days in jail and up to 30 years of probation. He will not have to register as a sex offender, and the charges against him will be dismissed from his criminal record at the completion of his probation, the Post Bulletin reported.

Mohamed Bakari Shei faced three felony first-degree charges in two rape cases involving minor victims. Shei was initially charged in 2019 after he was accused of sexual assaults against a 4-year-old and 9-year-old girl when he was 15 and 16 years old.

The court documents revealed that one of the underage victims reported in April 2020 that she had first been raped by Shei on Mother’s Day in 2018 at a residence. The girl informed the police that Shei had promised to give her money and buy her toys.

In June 2021, a second underage victim told authorities that Shei had raped her multiple times at the same residence.

In December 2022, Shei entered an Alford plea, which meant that he did not admit guilt of the sexual assault crimes, but he did admit the jury would likely convict him based on the evidence. (Read more from “Male Accused of Raping Girls Ages 4 and 9 to Serve Less Than 180 Days in Jail – Not Required to Register as Sex Offender” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

NFL Player Charged With Rape and Kidnapping Prior to Super Bowl

. . .Philadelphia Eagles offensive lineman Josh Sills has been hit with an indictment from a Guernsey County Common Pleas Court grand jury for the first-degree felonies of rape and kidnapping, according to a release from the Ohio Attorney General.

The release alleges that Sills took part in non-consensual sexual activity with the victim and held her against her will. The charges stem from Dec. 2019.

The alleged rape and kidnapping was reported immediately, per the release. The Guernsey County Sheriff’s Office conducted an investigation and turned over the evidence to the grand jury. The Special Prosecutions Section of the Attorney General’s Office is now prosecuting Sills.

The 25-year-old Sills is scheduled to appear in Guernsey County Common Pleas Court on Feb. 16 at 1:00 p.m. (Read more from “NFL Player Charged With Rape and Kidnapping Prior to Super Bowl” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Despite Law Prohibiting Mandatory Vax, West Point Bans Unvaxxed Cadets from Travel; Cadet Dies Suddenly on Way to Class

West Point reimposes travel ban on unvaxxed cadets, despite repeal of military vax mandate

By Just the News. The United States Military Academy is reimposing restrictions on unvaccinated cadets despite the lifting of the military’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate, reports military attorney R. Davis Younts, a reversal that comes even as Congress mulls legislation seeking redress for service members dismissed for vaccine refusal.

The Department of Defense rescinded the military vaccine mandate pursuant to the Dec. 23 enactment of the 2023 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), which included a measure repealing the mandate.

During the height of the pandemic, West Point implemented a policy prohibiting cadets from traveling for sports or other events, according to Younts. After the vaccine was made available, only unvaccinated cadets were restricted from traveling. Then, last semester, while the military vaccine mandate was still in place, West Point dropped the policy, allowing unvaccinated cadets to travel for sports, the Army-Navy game, and other events.

After the Pentagon lifted the vaccine mandate, however, West Point reinstated the travel ban for unvaccinated cadets. Putting the “restrictions back in place” after the mandate was rescinded “feels like coercion” to force vaccination on the cadets, Younts said. He questions the “justification for the policy change,” while acknowledging that West Point has the authority to reinstate the restrictions. (Read more from “West Point reimposes travel ban on unvaxxed cadets, despite repeal of military vax mandate” HERE)

________________________________________________________

‘A Total Shock’: Parents Mourn Sudden Death of Their Air Force Academy Son

By Veterans Legal Group. Candyce and Dustin Brown last spoke to their son Hunter by phone on Sunday, Jan. 8, discussing the class schedule for his upcoming sophomore year at the Air Force Academy in Colorado.

Hunter was in good spirits. He was taking it easy in his dorm with his roommate as he continued to recover from foot surgery he’d undergone two months earlier, aimed at fixing a torn ligament suffered during football practice at the service academy. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary or unusual.

But the following day as he was heading to class, Hunter experienced a medical emergency and died. He was 21 years old.

“What happened was a total shock,” his mother, Candyce, told Military.com. “He was doing well with his recovery.” (Read more from “‘A Total Shock’: Parents Mourn Sudden Death of Their Air Force Academy Son” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Pfizer Virus Mutations Are Only Half the Story From Project Veritas’s Latest Scoop (VIDEO)

On January 25, Project Veritas released what has already become by far its most-watched video ever: An undercover conversation with Dr. Jordon Trishton Walker.

Dr. Walker’s claim that Pfizer has considered intentionally mutating Covid-19 in a lab, the same type of risky behavior that preceded a likely leak from the Wuhan Institute of Virology, is a major bombshell, of course.

But there’s another story here, worthy of at least a little discussion. It’s not as shocking, but certainly very revealing about the nature of modern America: Who the heck is Jordon Walker and how did this blabbermouth idiot get a sweet job at Pfizer?

According to Project Veritas, and supported by screenshots found online, Walker works for Pfizer as Director of Research and Development Strategic Operations and mRNA Scientific Planning. Critics of the Veritas scoop have zeroed in on the idea that Walker could not possibly hold a senior role with Pfizer, citing his relatively recent graduation and unremarkable research history. . .

So, we have a twenty-something man, a graduate of Yale and a moderately-ranked medical school, who went into (and then left) a Harvard-linked residency, then briefly passed through an ultra-elite consulting company to land a nice (but not that nice) job at Pfizer where he immediately spilled disastrously harmful information about his employer to an undercover reporter. Jordon Walker, whatever else might be said about him, seems oddly unimpressive for his pileup of credentials. (Read more from “Pfizer Virus Mutations Are Only Half the Story From Project Veritas’s Latest Scoop” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Hunter Biden Email Promising Russian Oligarch Info Raises Fresh Concern About Joe’s Access

By New York Post. A Hunter Biden email sent to an American aluminum company and promising information on Russian oligarchs is raising fresh concerns about the first son’s access to classified documents recently discovered in his father’s Wilmington, Del., home as lawmakers prepare to investigate allegations of influence peddling.

Documents dating back to 2011 on his notorious “laptop from hell” showed Hunter offered to sell intelligence on Russian oligarchs to the US aluminum firm Alcoa Inc. for $55,000, according to The Post’s exclusive October 2021 report.

As his father served as former President Barack Obama’s second-in-command, Hunter Biden offered to provide a “statistical analysis of political and corporate risks, elite networks associated with Oleg Deripaska, the Russian CEO of Basic Element company and United company RUSAL,” which had just signed a metal supply agreement with Alcoa.

Hunter Biden also offered the company a “list of elites of similar rank in Russia, map of [Deripaska’s] networks based on frequency of interaction with selected elites and countries.”

The deeply detailed proposal has come under sharp scrutiny given recent revelations that Hunter Biden had access to the Delaware lake-front home where secret papers from his father’s time as vice president were discovered in a garage, basement and library — combined with Republicans taking control of the House of Representatives. (Read more from “Hunter Biden Email Promising Russian Oligarch Info Raises Fresh Concern About Joe’s Access” HERE)

_______________________________________________

Hunter Biden’s Email to Burisma Business Partner Infers ‘Direct Access’ to Classified Information: Cruz

By Fox News. Sen. Ted Cruz sounded off on an email Hunter Biden sent to a Burisma colleague, alleging the correspondence indicates he had access to classified material as new information is revealed regarding the magnitude of Biden’s latest scandal.

Cruz joined “Sunday Morning Futures” to discuss why the email was “unusual” and how it infers that he had “direct access” to the information that could be tied to Biden’s alleged mishandling of thousands of records.

“Hunter Biden didn’t write that,” Cruz told Maria Bartiromo. “Hunter Biden is not an expert on Ukraine. He’s not an expert on Eastern Europe. He’s not an expert on Russia, but that email did help get him on the board of Burisma. It did help get him paid $83,000 a month because it showed a level of expertise not coming from him, but he was getting it from somewhere. That’s clearly from some sort of briefing. We don’t know whether it was a classified briefing or not, but that is the sort of analysis that is often within a classified briefing.”

“And this email is unusual in the Hunter Biden emails, there’s a level of scholarship and erudition that if it magically appeared, somehow it doesn’t appear in the other emails he’s sending,” he continued. “The obvious question is what was he cutting and pasting from? What was his source? And it raises the natural inference that Hunter Biden had direct access to these classified documents.”

The email in question was from 2014 – Hunter Biden sent the correspondence to Devon Archer, who was also on the board of Burisma, a Ukrainian energy company. (Read more from “Hunter Biden’s Email to Burisma Business Partner Infers ‘Direct Access’ to Classified Information: Cruz” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.