New Republican Bill Would Punish States That Give Driver’s License to Illegal Aliens

A new bill sponsored by Republicans would cut funding that goes to states that grant driver’s licenses to illegal aliens.

The bill is called the “Stop Greenlighting Driver Licenses for Illegal Immigrants Act,” and would end funding to those states from a program that issues federal criminal justice funding from the Department of Justice. . .

“Tennesseans know all too well what can happen when illegal immigrants are granted driver licenses,” said a statement by [Marsha] Blackburn.

“While Tennessee and many other states prohibit driver licenses for illegal aliens, a growing number of states are moving in the opposite direction and unleashing dangerous open borders policies. Immigrants must follow the proper federal process and obtain citizenship or lawful status before obtaining a state driver license,” she added. . .

Proponents of laws that grant driver’s licenses to illegals say that such policies would allow them to obtain insurance and put citizens in less risk. Critics argue that it rewards criminality. (Read more from “New Republican Bill Would Punish States That Give Driver’s License to Illegal Aliens” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

​Triggered Leftists Caught on Video Physically Attacking College Republicans, Destroying Display — and Apparently Getting Away With It

Once again, triggered leftists have physically attacked conservatives on a college campus — and why? Once again, because they dared to set up a display and exercised their First Amendment rights.

Video caught an ultra woke duo at the University of California, Santa Cruz, walking up to a table set up by College Republicans and destroying it last Friday. . .

They yelled several times that the “Trump 2020” banner was a “flag of white supremacy.” They ripped up and ripped down their signs. They spit on and tried to take away their Betsy Ross flag. . .

Dylan Temple, president of the UC Santa Cruz College Republicans, told The College Fix he was doxxed on social media with a false accusation that he attacked individuals at the campus LGBTQ center, which he said was done in retaliation for following the aggressors until police arrived. (Read more from “​Triggered Leftists Caught on Video Physically Attacking College Republicans, Destroying Display — and Apparently Getting Away With It” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Mike Bloomberg Hires Instagram Influencers, FYRE Festival Social Media Experts To Promote Presidential Campaign

Former New York City mayor Mike Bloomberg is now paying Instagram influencers with thousands of followers — including the social media agency that promoted the epically disasterous FYRE Festival — to promote his presidential campaign.

Buzzfeed News reports “a bunch of huge Instagram meme accounts, including @FuckJerry and @Tank.Sinatra, posted sponcon Wednesday night for Democratic presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg,” just hours after news broke that Bloomberg had been seeking out Instagram accounts willing to take political ads — a somewhat odd part of the multi-million dollar digital advertising strategy Bloomberg’s team is rolling out to promote the Democratic presidential candidate ahead of all-important primaries in South Carolina and Nevada.

“The memes, written in the form of fake DMs between Bloomberg and the accounts,” Buzzfeed says, “playfully roast the billionaire candidate whose campaign leans heavily on online advertising, and who has come under scrutiny for his record of over-policing black and Latino men when he was New York City mayor.” . . .

Most notable among Bloomberg’s targeted accounts, though, is Jerry Media, the infamous digital agency that “headlined” the social media strategy for the FYRE Festival — a bizarre effort to create an “exclusive” music festival on a remote island in the Bahamas that ended with thousands of stranded festival-goers forced to fend for themselves, “Lord of the Flies” style, after organizers failed to bring even the most basic aspects of a music festival together ahead of the scheduled event. The Daily Beast reports that some individuals affiliated with the FYRE Festival have pointed fingers at Jerry Media for being “complicit in the scam.” (Read more from “Mike Bloomberg Hires Instagram Influencers, FYRE Festival Social Media Experts To Promote Presidential Campaign” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Actor to Name Hollywood Pedophiles During Groundbreaking Livestream Documentary; “Too Dangerous” for Netflix

By the Blaze. Actor Corey Feldman has announced that he will be naming Hollywood pedophiles in an upcoming livestream documentary about his experience as a child actor.

Feldman will also address the alleged abuse late actor Corey Haim suffered at the hands of the same purported pedophiles. . .

The film is set to be aired one time via livestream on March 9. Tickets go on sale on Feb. 22. Movieweb reports that Feldman said Netflix declined to distribute the film because it is “too dangerous.”

In the newly released trailer, Feldman can be seen speaking to an interviewer about the 911 call he placed to report the alleged sexual abuse.

Feldman looks apprehensive as the interviewer pulls up audio footage of what appears to be the 911 call on a cell phone, which he prepares to play for Feldman. (Read more from “Actor to Name Hollywood Pedophiles During Groundbreaking Livestream Documentary” HERE)

_________________________________________________

Hollywood’s Biggest Problem? Hollywood Pedophiles, Not “Me Too”

By Hannah Sparks. Corey Feldman wants the world to know: Pedophilia is “Hollywood’s biggest problem” . . .

The “Goonies” and “Stand by Me” actor also criticized the industry for impeding his film’s production by sending lawyers to block access to police reports and footage. “Nobody wants to go after the bad guys,” he said.

The eccentric star also took aim at #MeToo, decrying the film industry for giving momentum to that movement while ignoring his own explosive accusations for so long. . .

Feldman claims the pair — then two of the world’s most popular teen icons — were assaulted at the height of their careers. But by the time they were 19, the close friends and co-stars were addicts whose careers were all but finished. It’s been insinuated that the abuse contributed to their addiction. In the past, former child actor Alison Arngrim (“Little House on the Prairie”) claimed that “everyone knew” that Feldman and Haim were “passed around,” “given drugs” and “used for sex.” (Read more about the Hollywood Pedophiles HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Cases of Infection, Deaths From Coronavirus EXPLODE in China; Coronavirus Cases Seemed to Be Leveling Off. Not Anymore; Trapped in China: U.S. Business Owner Stuck Overseas Amidst Coronavirus Outbreak

By Daily Wire. The number of cases of those infected by the coronavirus in China exploded on Thursday as nearly 15,000 new cases and 242 new deaths from the virus were reported after health officials broadened the types of cases that they includes in their count.

The 14,840 new cases in the Hubei province was by far the largest single day spike of new cases as was the additional 242 people who were killed by it.

“Chinese officials previously only counted cases confirmed by nucleic acid tests, which critics said were faulty and greatly underestimated the true magnitude of the epidemic,” The Washington Post reported. “For weeks, Chinese doctors and patients have complained about a lack of nucleic acid testing kits and their accuracy. The dramatic jump in cases in Hubei essentially confirms longtime suspicions that China was for weeks vastly undercounting cases of the virus.” . . .

“The monthly survey of economists found 83% of economists expected the coronavirus outbreak will have a small impact on U.S. gross domestic product growth from January to March, or less than 0.5 percentage point,” The Journal reported. “Just 5% of forecasters expected a significant reduction of more than 0.5 percentage point off the quarter’s annual growth rate, while 10% expected no impact.”

Constance Hunter, chief economist at KPMG, told The Journal, “The negative demand shock from coronavirus is significant. China’s GDP will be impacted significantly and this will show up in everything from commodity prices to demand for global goods and services.” (Read more from “Deaths From Coronavirus Explodes in China” HERE)

_____________________________________________________

Coronavirus Cases Seemed to Be Leveling Off. Not Anymore.

By The New York Times. The news seemed to be positive: The number of new coronavirus cases reported in China over the past week suggested that the outbreak might be slowing — that containment efforts were working.

But on Thursday, officials added more than 14,840 new cases to the tally of the infected in Hubei Province alone, bringing the total number to 48,206, the largest one-day increase so far recorded. The death toll in the province rose to 1,310, including 242 new deaths.

The sharp rise in reported cases illustrates how hard it has been for scientists to grasp the extent and severity of the coronavirus outbreak in China, particularly inside the epicenter, where thousands of sick people remain untested for the illness. (Read more from “Coronavirus Cases Seemed to Be Leveling Off. Not Anymore.” HERE)

_____________________________________________________

Trapped in China: U.S. Business Owner Stuck Overseas Amidst Coronavirus Outbreak

By News Las Vegas. A Las Vegas business owner who went to visit her family in China more than a month ago hasn’t been able to get back home because of the coronavirus outbreak.

“It’s serious here, it’s very serious here,” said Sarah Yang.

Sarah was set to land back in Las Vegas on Tuesday. By now, she would be helping her husband Heiko Katina run their Art to Art District Gallery in Tivoli Village. . .

She left to visit family and celebrate the Chinese new year on Jan. 1. It wasn’t until a few days later that news of the coronavirus outbreak came down.

The U.S. eventually banned entry on all foreigners traveling from China, and for the past two weeks, Sarah’s been confined to an apartment with limited interaction. (Read more from “Trapped in China: U.S. Business Owner Stuck Overseas Amidst Coronavirus Outbreak” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Lead Roger Stone Juror Ran for Congress as a Democrat in 2012

A former Democratic congressional candidate whose social media accounts are replete with criticism of President Donald Trump came forward Wednesday as the foreperson on the jury that convicted longtime GOP operative Roger Stone at a trial in November 2019.

According to multiple news reports, Tomeka Hart revealed her role on the jury in a Facebook post supporting the four prosecutors who withdrew from the Stone case Tuesday in protest over a revision in a sentencing recommendation for the GOP operative.

“I have kept my silence for months. Initially, it was for my safety. Then, I decided to remain silent out of fear of politicizing the matter,” Hart wrote on Facebook, adding: “But I can’t keep quiet any longer.”

CNN first reported Hart’s post but did not note that she was a Democrat. Commercial Appeal, a news outlet affiliated with USA Today that spoke to Hart, reported details of her professional background. Those details match up with the same person who ran for Congress in 2012. A Politico reporter who covered Stone’s trial identified Hart as a former congressional candidate.

Hart, who did not respond to The Daily Caller News Foundation’s request for comment, lost to incumbent Democratic Rep. Steve Cohen in the primary that year. (Read more from “Lead Roger Stone Juror Ran for Congress as a Democrat in 2012” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Senate Passes War Powers Measure

The U.S. Senate voted Wednesday to advance a War Powers resolution which would limit President Donald Trump’s ability to use military action against Iran without approval from Congress.

The vote was bipartisan, 51-45, with eight Republicans voting with Democrats. The eight Republicans in favor of the resolution included Utah Sen. Mike Lee, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, Maine Sen. Susan Collins, Tennessee Sen. Lamar Alexander, Louisiana Sen. Bill Cassidy, Kansas Sen. Jerry Moran, Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski, and Indiana Sen. Todd Young.

(Read more from “Senate Passes War Powers Measure” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Three Female Students File Lawsuit Against Transgender-Athlete Policy

Three female high school athletes filed a federal lawsuit Wednesday challenging Connecticut’s prep sports rules that allow biological males to compete against girls, arguing that the policy robs them of competition and scholarship opportunities.

The lawsuit argued that teen track athletes Selina Soule, Chelsea Mitchell and Alanna Smith have been deprived of “honors and opportunities” after losing track-and-field races to biological males who identify as females, thanks to the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference’s policy allowing students to compete based on their gender identity.

The girls are represented by the conservative Alliance Defending Freedom, which argued that the policy violates Title IX, “a federal law designed to create opportunities for women in education and athletics” and reverses “nearly 50 years of advances for women.”

“Girls deserve to compete on a level playing field,” said ADF legal counsel Christiana Holcomb. “Forcing them to compete against boys isn’t fair, shatters their dreams, and destroys their athletic opportunities. Having separate boys’ and girls’ sports has always been based on biological differences, not what people believe about their gender, because those differences matter for fair competition.” . . .

“The purpose of high school athletics is to support inclusion, build social connection and teamwork, and help all students thrive and grow,” said Chase Strangio, deputy director of the ACLU LGBT & HIV Project. “Efforts to undermine Title IX by claiming it doesn’t apply to a subset of girls will ultimately hurt all students and compromise the work of ending the long legacy of sex discrimination in sports.”

(Read more from “Three Female Students File Lawsuit Against Transgender-Athlete Policy” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

North Korea Scraps ‘Christmas Surprise’ Amid China Woes

North Korea has delayed its much-anticipated “Christmas surprise” of a major intercontinental ballistic missile test out of concern that such a provocation — after two years of stop-start nuclear diplomacy — would trigger sharp negative reactions from Washington and the international community.

South Korean analysts, including a high-level defector from the North, say Pyongyang’s planning for a launch also has been delayed by the coronavirus outbreak in China, which shares a long border with North Korea and serves as its closest security and economic ally.

“The most friendly country of North Korea — China — is having serious difficulties, and North Korea doesn’t want to make things worse,” said Lee Gee-dong, vice president of the Institute for National Security Strategy in Seoul. “I think for the coming three or four months, it will be quite quiet and the North Koreans will not carry out any provocative or dangerous actions against the world.”

After three inconclusive meetings between President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, Pyongyang threatened to take a “new path” if the U.S. didn’t back off its demands for swift denuclearization by the start of 2020. But Mr. Lee said in an interview that North Korea’s Mr. Kim likely believes the launch of an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) or a submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM) would anger and unsettle China as well as nearby Russia. . .

“The North Koreans did not come through with any ‘Christmas present’ and they have not taken any ‘new path’ because they are well aware of the side effects that could be had,” Mr. Lee told The Washington Times. He said the Kim regime is “wary of ruining the relationship it has successfully built with Russia and China and the support it is getting from those two countries.” (Read more from “North Korea Scraps ‘Christmas Surprise’ Amid China Woes” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Twitter Claims It ‘Mistakenly’ Censored Mike Pence Tweet

Twitter hid a tweet from Vice President Mike Pence behind a “sensitive content” filter yesterday, meaning it was placed behind a label warning users that the tweet contained “sensitive material.” Twitter said the action was a mistake and it has been corrected.

According to Twitter, the Vice President’s tweet was “flagged as sensitive media in error,” and that the decision has been reversed. . .

This is not the first time that Twitter has censored a member of the U.S. executive branch by “mistake.” A year into President Trump’s first term, a “disgruntled customer support employee” was able to briefly delete the President’s personal Twitter account. The employee was later revealed to be Bahtiyar Duysak, a Turkish-German who was working for Twitter in the U.S. on a visa. (Read more from “Twitter Claims It ‘Mistakenly’ Censored Mike Pence Tweet” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE