2 Russians Escape Coronavirus Quarantine

Two women being quarantined in Russian hospitals amid the coronavirus outbreak escaped after complaining of dire conditions upon their return from China, where the virus originated and has killed more than 1,100 people and sickened more than 45,000 others.

One patient jumped out of a hospital window and another disabled an electronic lock in order to flee their isolation. Both had complained of uncooperative doctors, lax protocol and poor conditions, and feared they would become infected.

Russia has only two confirmed cases of the virus, but authorities have taken measures to prevent its spread by hospitalizing people returning from China as a precaution. Both women were quarantined after returning from Hainan, a tropical region in China.

One of the women published a lengthy Instagram post describing her ordeal. She said her son came down with a cough and fever days after returning to their home in Samara. The boy was diagnosed with a respiratory infection and tested at a hospital for the coronavirus.

The boy responded to treatment but his test results had been delayed for several days, she said. She accused doctors of obstructing her when she pressed for information about her son. On her fifth day in the hospital, she took a home pregnancy test, which came out positive. (Read more from “2 Russians Escape Coronavirus Quarantine” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Actress Slams Dems’ ‘Barbaric Platform’ on Abortion

Actress Patricia Heaton has denounced the Democratic Party’s platform for including what she called a “barbaric” position on abortion.

“I don’t understand why pro-life people want to know if they are ‘welcome’ to join the democrat party [sic],” the “Everybody Loves Raymond” co-star tweeted Wednesday. “Why would any civilized person want to support a barbaric platform that champions abortion for any reason through all nine months funded by taxpayers?”

The issue has resurfaced in recent weeks after Kristen Day, who leads Democrats for Life, asked former South Bend, Ind. Mayor Pete Buttigieg about whether the party included room for her. During a Jan. 26 Fox News town hall with Buttigieg, Day specifically took issue with the language in the party’s platform.

“The Democratic platform contains language that basically says, ‘We don’t belong, we have no part in the party because it says abortion should be legal up to nine months, the government should pay for it,'” Day told Buttigieg, who supported his party’s position.

Pro-life leaders also blasted former Buttigieg after he seemed to back away from answering whether he supported infanticide. (Read more from “Actress Slams Dems’ ‘Barbaric Platform’ on Abortion” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Please, Let It Be Bernie Sanders!

The same political class that got 2016 so horribly wrong is now warning us not to underestimate Bernie Sanders.

His opposition to NAFTA and free trade, they tell us, will siphon off the crucial voters in the Midwest who went for President Trump in 2016. Trump should be trembling in fear that that Sanders will be able to channel the discontent that once sent voters, especially white-working class voters, running Trump’s way.

There is no reason to believe this nonsense. Republicans should be thrilled the Democrats might be dumb enough to nominate a man whose views are more outside the political mainstream than any major political candidate since George McGovern.

Sanders’s opposition to NAFTA, a trade agreement that many of his young supporters have never heard of and can’t even spell, has nothing to do with his status atop the Democratic field. And the fact that so many pundits think it does shows a fundamental but typical Inside-the-Beltway misunderstanding of what is actually going on. Sanders is ahead because the Democrats have been captured by far leftists demanding radical change that no else wants.

Sanders wants government to take away Americans’ private health care plans. He wants to raise taxes on everything and everyone. He gives succor to America’s enemies with a spineless, toothless attitude to foreign policy that would especially coddle despotic socialists. This might be Sanders’ path to the nomination, but those things would all lead to his crushing defeat in November. Most Americans are happy with their health insurance plans and want to keep them. Most Americans don’t want their taxes raised. Most Americans don’t support erase all student loans. Most Americas don’t think bread lines are cause for optimism. (Read more from “Please, Let It Be Bernie Sanders!” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Virginia Democrats Want to Take Your Guns and Throw You in Jail If You Won’t Give Them Up

It’s no longer hyperbole: Virginia Democrats want to take your gun rights. At least, that’s what a new bill passed by the Democrat-controlled Virginia House of Delegates on Tuesday would do.

The law bans so-called assault weapons, outlawing future sales. This bans popular models such as the AR-15, one of the most popular guns in America. Yet, the wide-ranging ban also makes it a crime to possess or transfer certain magazines. Virginians would have a year to comply and turn them in. If they don’t, they could face jail time. . .

Critics have largely focused on the draconian punishments Virginia Democrats would impose on residents who don’t kneel to magazine confiscation. The National Rifle Association, for instance, said in a statement that “[the bill] will turn law-abiding Virginians into criminals overnight. Under this bill, anyone who owns a standard capacity magazine must submit to mandatory confiscation or face one year in jail for each magazine they own.”

And the libertarian-leaning, Republican state Rep. Nick Freitas pointed out to the Washington Examiner that “this bill creates an environment where you could receive up to 12 months in jail for every magazine you have over 12 rounds.” He’s right to sound the alarm. Do Democrats seriously want to imprison people over breaking ammunition regulations?

But even more to the point, the Democratic proposal would undoubtedly limit the rights of otherwise law-abiding gun owners and even subject them to criminal penalties, yet it wouldn’t actually stop mass shootings or do much to make Virginia safer. (Read more from “Virginia Democrats Want to Take Your Guns and Throw You in Jail If You Won’t Give Them Up” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Teachers Unions Say Active Shooter Drills Traumatize Children

A report from the American Federation of Teachers and National Education Association says that active shooter drills are traumatizing children. . .

The report, which was compiled in part by Everytown for Gun Safety and released Tuesday, insists that such safety drills negatively impact students’ mental health.

The report suggests that better ways of preparing students for active shooter situations include training teachers how to respond to a threat rather than putting it upon students to engage in drills.

Lilly Eskelsen Garcia, president of the National Education Association, said that such traumas are not healthy for students.

“Everywhere I travel, I hear from parents and educators about active shooter drills terrifying students, leaving them unable to concentrate in the classroom and unable to sleep at night,” she said. “So traumatizing students as we work to keep students safe from gun violence is not the answer. That is why if schools are going to do drills, they need to take steps to ensure the drills do more good than harm.” (Read more from “Teachers Unions Say Active Shooter Drills Traumatize Children” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

WATCH: Israel Unleashes New Laser Weapon That Shoots Down Drones

A military defense company in Israeli released video this week that shows off a new laser weapon that it has developed that is able to shoot down small drones, which are increasing terror threat in many parts of the world.

Rafael Advanced Defense Systems announced on Thursday that it had conducted the first live demonstrations of its new Drone Dome-L counter-unmanned aircraft systems (CUAS) system which features an “integrated hard-kill high energy laser effector.”

“The system achieved 100% success in all test scenarios,” the company said in a statement. “Drone Dome is designed to address threats posed by hostile drones both in military and civilian sites, offering advanced solutions for maneuvering forces and military facilities, critical border protection, as well as civilian targets such as airports, public facilities, or any other sites that might be vulnerable to the increasing threat of both terror and criminal drones.”

“The Rafael-sponsored demonstration, conducted in southern Israel in December 2019 but only disclosed by the company on 11 February, provided for end-to-end detection, tracking, and laser interception of ‘multiple UAS, including manoeuvring targets’ by Drone Dome-L’s laser capability. The event was preceded by a two-year internal test campaign, which, in the past six months, has brought the Drone Dome-L system to a sufficient level of maturity to enable Rafael to stage the multiple intercept demonstration,” Jane’s reported in an article that the company linked to. “Rafael used Phantom-class quadcopter UAS systems as the threat targets in the demonstration; engagement ranges and specific laser dwell time required to defeat the threat was not disclosed.” (Read more from “Watch: Israel Unleashes New Laser Weapon That Shoots Down Drones” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Did China Unleash the “End of Days” Pandemic? Chinese Whistle Blower Says at Least 50,000 Dead, Government Lying

By The Extinction Protocol. Exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui recently revealed leaks from Wuhan crematoriums. He claims based on the number of bodies their furnaces are burning, the death toll could be as high as 50,000. The official coronavirus death toll is some 800 people in China. The current official death toll worldwide (as of February 11, 2020) is 1,110. But a Chinese billionaire with a history of blowing the whistle on his former government says the real figure is much higher. Exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui recently revealed leaks from Wuhan crematoriums. He claims based on the number of bodies their furnaces are burning, the death toll could be as high as 50,000. Wengui made the bombshell allegations in an interview with former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon.

(Read more from “Did China Unleash the “End of Days” Pandemic? Chinese Whistle Blower Says at Least 50,000 Dead, Government Lying” HERE)

______________________________________________________

Coronavirus Could Spread Through Pipes in Buildings, Officials Fear

By Newsweek. Over 100 residents have been evacuated from an apartment building in Hong Kong after two people fell ill with the deadly new coronavirus, stoking fears 2019-nCoV could be spread through pipes.

Hong Kong’s Centre for Health Protection said the two sick people lived on separate floors at Hong Mei House on the Cheung Hong Estate in the New Territories area of Hong Kong, The New York Times reported.

Residents were removed from the building after an unsealed pipe was found in the bathroom of one of the patients. The unnamed 62-year-old woman lives 10 floors below an occupant who fell ill before her.

Sophia Chan, Hong Kong’s health secretary, said four additional tenants living in three separate units had developed coronavirus symptoms. The symptoms of 2019-nCoV include a fever, dry cough, shortness of breath, and trouble breathing. Residents were removed from a total of 23 units. (Read more from “Coronavirus Could Spread Through Pipes in Buildings, Officials Fear” HERE)
______________________________________________________

Disease X: Coronavirus ‘Could Infect’ 60% of the Global Population If Unchecked

By The Extinction Protocol. Going Global: The coronavirus epidemic could spread to about two-thirds of the world’s population if it cannot be controlled, according to Hong Kong’s leading public health epidemiologist. His warning came after the head of the World Health Organization (WHO) said recent cases of coronavirus patients who had never visited China could be the “tip of the iceberg.” Prof Gabriel Leung, the chair of public health medicine at Hong Kong University, said the overriding question was to figure out the size and shape of the iceberg. Most experts thought that each person infected would go on to transmit the virus to about 2.5 other people. That gave an “attack rate” of 60-80%.

(Read more from “Disease X: Coronavirus ‘Could Infect’ 60% of the Global Population If Unchecked” HERE)

______________________________________________________

Medical Crisis: At Least 500 Wuhan Medical Staff Are Infected With the Coronavirus

By The Extinction Protocol. How many medical bodies can China throw at this crisis? At least 500 hospital staff in Wuhan had been infected with the deadly new strain of coronavirus by mid-January, multiple medical sources have confirmed, leaving hospitals short-staffed and causing deep concern among health care workers. While the government has reported individual cases of health care workers becoming infected, it has not provided the full picture, and the sources said doctors and nurses had been told not to make the total public. The reason for this edict was not explained, but the authorities have been trying to boost morale among front-line medical staff, especially following the death of Li Wenliang, who was killed by the disease weeks after being reprimanded by police for warning colleagues about the new virus. A slide circulating online, however, reveals the scale of infections among medical workers in Wuhan.

It said that by mid-January there had been about 500 confirmed cases among hospital staff with a further 600 suspected ones. A source from a major hospital in Wuhan with knowledge of the situation confirmed that the slide was authentic. The figures shown on the slide were also in line with the figures given by two other doctors from major hospitals in Wuhan. (Read more from “Medical Crisis: At Least 500 Wuhan Medical Staff Are Infected With the Coronavirus” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Incredible Results: Trump More Than Doubles Obama’s 2012 New Hampshire Vote Total; Trump Mocks Elizabeth Warren’s ‘Really Bad Night’

By Daily Caller. President Donald Trump won more than double the votes in the New Hampshire primary Tuesday than former President Barack Obama did in 2012, according to early results.

Trump scored over 112,000 votes among Republican and independent voters in the New Hampshire primary, according to CNN’s tracker. Meanwhile, Obama saw around 49,000 votes in the state in 2012 among Democrat voters, the Washington Examiner reported.

(Read more from “Incredible Results: Trump More Than Doubles Obama’s 2012 New Hampshire Vote Total” HERE)

_______________________________________________________

Trump Mocks Elizabeth Warren’s ‘Really Bad Night’

By New York Post. President Donald Trump weighed in on the New Hampshire primary as results trickled in Tuesday night — mocking Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s showing, ‘King’ Tom Steyer and the Democratic candidates who dropped out.

Trump knocked the Massachusetts lawmaker as results indicated neither she, nor Joe Biden, would be winning any of the Granite State’s 24 delegates.

“Elizabeth Warren, sometimes referred to as Pocahontas, is having a really bad night. I think she is sending signals that she wants out,” Trump tweeted.

“Calling for unity is her way of getting there, going home, and having a ‘nice cold beer’ with her husband!” Trump added.

(Read more from “Trump Mocks Elizabeth Warren’s ‘Really Bad Night’” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Missouri County Reaches $10.25m Settlement With Officer Told to ‘Tone Down’ His ‘Gayness’

St. Louis County, Missouri, agreed to pay out a $10.25 million settlement to a police lieutenant who said he was ordered to “tone down” his “gayness” and was passed over for a promotion 23 times.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that the agreement between the county and Keith Wildhaber was finalized on Monday, within hours of St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar’s retirement announcement after six years of being on the job.

County officials said they were unsure how much of the settlement would be covered under insurance policies and how much would be paid for by the taxpayers. But county officials did say the settlement money would not come out of the Proposition P public safety tax. (Read more from “Missouri County Reaches $10.25m Settlement With Officer Told to ‘Tone Down’ His ‘Gayness’” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Jussie Smollett Indicted on New Charges

Actor Jussie Smollett has been indicted on six new charges of disorderly conduct, accusing him of filing false police reports claiming he was the victim of a racist and homophobic attack last year.

A special Cook County grand jury handed down the new indictment on Tuesday, following a six-month investigation by special prosecutor Dan Webb.

In a statement, Webb’s office said Smollett filed four separate false police reports claiming he was the victim of a hate crime.

“The grand jury’s investigation revealed that Jussie Smollett planned and participated in a staged hate crime attack, and thereafter made numerous false statements to Chicago Police Department officers on multiple occasions, reporting a heinous hate crime that he, in fact, knew had not occurred,” Webb said in a statement. . .

Last August, Cook County Judge Michael Toomin appointed Webb, a former federal prosecutor, as a special prosecutor in the Smollett case; tasking him to not only investigate Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx’s handling of the case, but to decide if Smollett should be further prosecuted for allegedly staging a fake hate crime against himself. (Read more from “Jussie Smollett Indicted on New Charges” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE