Man Violates Coronavirus Lockdown, Gets Eaten by Crocodile

Across the U.S., various cities and states are on lockdown orders. Local governments are taking it seriously — the mayor of Los Angeles has even said that power and water will be shut off for “nonessential” businesses that refuse to close. . .

But there’s something worse than seemingly over-eager law enforcement for at least some folks who chose to violate governmental lockdown commands: crocodiles. . .

As cases of COVID-19 in the eastern African country of Rwanda climbed, authorities there implemented a “total lockdown” Sunday, the BBC reported. So far, Rwanda has at least 40 confirmed cases.

The government has reportedly said it would help people struggling under the order, but that has apparently done little for the many poor citizens who were negatively impacted almost immediately.

On Wednesday morning, an unidentified man breached the lockdown to go fishing along the Nyabarongo River, according to the BBC. While he was out at the river, he was killed and eaten by a crocodile. (Read more from “Man Violates Coronavirus Lockdown, Gets Eaten by Crocodile” HERE)

Editor’s note: Let this be a lesson to everyone who thinks the stay-at-home orders are a joke. Actually, you probably have more risk of dying in a car accident after leaving your home than dying from the virus (whose origins shall not be named). So yes, shouldn’t we thank our governing officials for saving lives?

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

WATCH: Biden’s First Coronavirus Shadow-Briefing Was a Disaster

I bet Joe Biden thought his coronavirus shadow-briefings would demonstrate to the American people his superior leadership abilities and judgment in the middle of a national crisis compared to Trump.

Instead, Biden’s first attempt at appearing presidential and ready to handle a crisis was another gaffe-prone disaster that his campaign most certainly regrets doing.

In the middle of his Monday briefing, Biden apparently lost his train of thought while explaining what he thinks Trump should do during the crisis.

”I’m glad the president has finally activated the National Guard. Now we need the armed forces and the National Guard to help with hospital capacity, supplies, and logistics. We need to activate the reserve corps of doctors and nurses and beef up the number of responders dealing with this crush of cases,” he said, before shuffling papers and then gesturing to someone off-camera that there was a problem. “And, uh, in addition to that, in addition to that, we have to make sure that, we are… Well, let me go to the second thing.

(Read more from “WATCH: Biden’s First Coronavirus Shadow-Briefing Was a Disaster” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Costco Just Told Hoarders What They Can Do With All Their Excess Toilet Paper

For days and days it looked like Black Friday at Costco. Or, as the Instagram account “CostcoBuys” put it, “Panic at the Costco.” . . .

Customers lined up around stores to buy things they most certainly did not want to run out of in the case they’d be under quarantine for days on end.

And the rolled gold was increasing in value in the eyes of the hoarders. As a joke, this toilet paper roll was put in the fine jewelry section of Costco with a $200 price tag. . .

View this post on Instagram

So it’s come to this 😂

A post shared by Costco Buys (@costcobuys) on

But now Costco has made an announcement. All of the toilet paper, paper towels, hand sanitizer, wipes, Lysol, water bottles, and rice hoarded by people by the cart and truck full will not be taken back. Signs in the store read (in all caps), “RETURNS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED ON TOILET PAPER, PAPER TOWELS, SANITIZING WIPES, WATER, RICE, LYSOL.”

(Read more from “Costco Just Told Hoarders What They Can Do With All Their Excess Toilet Paper” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

LARGEST IN HISTORY: President, Congress Agree on $2 Trillion Coronavirus Emergency Relief Bill

By Breitbart. President Donald Trump and Congress reached a deal on the terms for a $2 trillion emergency relief bill to address the economic impact of the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, early in the morning on Wednesday.

Politico reported:

Lawmakers and the Trump administration reached an agreement on a nearly $2 trillion coronavirus emergency rescue package, a move intended to assist businesses and millions of Americans amid an unprecedented halt in the economy.

The announcement caps five days of tense negotiations between senators and the White House. Both the Senate and House still need to approve the bill before sending it to President Donald Trump for his signature.

The president had sounded an optimistic tone in his briefing for reporters at the White House on Tuesday evening, though Republicans had been scathing in their criticism of Democrats for blocking Senate passage of a relief bill that had been agreed to by the two parties on Sunday. (Read more from “President Trump, Congress Agree on $2 Trillion Coronavirus Emergency Relief Bill” HERE)

_____________________________________________________

White House and Senate Reach Deal on $2 Trillion Coronavirus Relief Package

By Axios. The White House and Republican and Democratic Senate leaders struck a bipartisan deal early Wednesday over a $2 trillion stimulus package designed to ease the economic impact of the novel coronavirus, per AP.

Details: Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell tweeted soon after the deal was reached, “At last, we have a deal. After days of intense discussions, the Senate has reached a bipartisan agreement on a historic relief package for this pandemic. We’re going to pass this legislation later today.”

White House legislative affairs director Eric Ueland, told reporters just before 1 a.m. a deal had been reached but the bill’s text had yet to be completed, the New York Times reports.

“We have either, clear, explicit legislative text reflecting all parties or we know exactly where we’re going to land on legislative text as we continue to finish,” he added.

. . .Per Axios’ Alayna Treene, the emergency legislation will deliver desperately needed aid to American families, small businesses and corporations hit hardest by the virus. (Read more from “White House and Senate Reach Deal on $2 Trillion Coronavirus Relief Package” HERE)
_____________________________________________________

What’s in the Emergency Relief Bill?

The stimulus bill — by far the largest ever proposed — comes with a price tag equivalent to 9% of the nation’s gross domestic product and is meant to provide direct financial aid to help individuals, hospitals and businesses. It includes $300 billion for small businesses, $150 billion for local and state governments and $130 billion for hospitals, according to those involved in the negotiations. . .

The amounts of the one-time payments, which officials hope could go out to Americans as soon as early April, will be based on income reported in 2018 taxes, declining gradually beginning with individuals who made $75,000 or married couples filed jointly who made $150,000. Individuals making $99,000 or above or married couples making $198,000 or more would receive no check. People would also receive an additional $500 per child.

Schumer said negotiators agreed to put “unemployment insurance on steroids” by expanding those covered to include people who are furloughed, gig workers and freelancers, and by increasing the payments by $600 dollars per week for four months on top of what states provide as a base unemployment compensation. (Read more about the emergency relief bill HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Doctor: I Treated 350 Coronavirus Patients With 100% Success (VIDEO); Cuba Uses ‘Wonder Drug’ to Fight Coronavirus Around World Despite U.S. Sanctions; New York Hospitals Treating Coronavirus Patients With Vitamin C

By WND. A physician in New York state claims he has used the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine and zinc to treat 350 patients for COVID-19 with 100 percent success.

In a video posted on YouTube, Dr. Vladimir Zelenko said he saw the symptom of shortness of breath resolved within four to six hours, the Gateway Pundit blog reported.

Zelenko, addressing his message to President Trump, said he’s a board-certified family practioner in the community of Kiryas Joel in Orange County, New York, in the Hudson Valley, about 50 miles north of New York City.

“I’m seeing a tremendous outbreak in this community,” he said. “My estimate is more than 60% currently have the infection.

“That’s based on the percentage of the tests that I’m getting back already,” Zelenko explained. “That’s probably around 20,000 people, probably more.” (Read more from “Doctor: I Treated 350 Coronavirus Patients With 100% Success (VIDEO)” HERE)

_____________________________________________________

Cuba Uses ‘Wonder Drug’ to Fight Coronavirus Around World Despite U.S. Sanctions

By Newsweek. Cuba has mobilized its medical corps around the world to distribute a new “wonder drug” that officials there say is capable of treating the new coronavirus despite the United States’ strict sanctions that continue to pressure the communist-run island.

The drug, called Interferon Alpha-2B Recombinant (IFNrec), is jointly developed by scientists from Cuba and China, where the coronavirus COVID-19 disease outbreak first emerged late last year. Already active in China since January, the Cuban Medical Brigades began deploying to dozens of nations, providing personnel and products such as its new anti-viral drug to battle the disease that has exceeded 400,000 confirmed cases across the globe. As of Tuesday, over 100,000 people have recovered from the infection and more than 18,000 have died.

Cuba first used advanced interferon techniques to treat dengue fever in the 1980s and later found success in using it to combat HIV, human papillomavirus, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and other diseases. The use of Interferon Alpha-2B Recombinant “prevents aggravation and complications in patients reaching that stage that ultimately can result in death,” Cuban biotech expert Luis Herrera Martinez said, according to a recent Yale University Press Blog feature written by the University of Glasgow’s Helen Yaffe. She called the treatment a potential “wonder drug” against the new coronavirus. (Read more from “Cuba Uses ‘Wonder Drug’ to Fight Coronavirus Around World Despite U.S. Sanctions” HERE)

_____________________________________________________

New York Hospitals Treating Coronavirus Patients With Vitamin C

By New York Post. Seriously sick coronavirus patients in New York state’s largest hospital system are being given massive doses of vitamin C — based on promising reports that it’s helped people in hard-hit China, The Post has learned.

Dr. Andrew G. Weber, a pulmonologist and critical-care specialist affiliated with two Northwell Health facilities on Long Island, said his intensive-care patients with the coronavirus immediately receive 1,500 milligrams of intravenous vitamin C.

Identical amounts of the powerful antioxidant are then re-administered three or four times a day, he said.

Each dose is more than 16 times the National Institutes of Health’s daily recommended dietary allowance of vitamin C, which is just 90 milligrams for adult men and 75 milligrams for adult women.

The regimen is based on experimental treatments administered to people with the coronavirus in Shanghai, China, Weber said. (Read more from “New York Hospitals Treating Coronavirus Patients With Vitamin C” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Recent Poll: Trump’s Approval Rating Jumps 5 Points to 49%, Matching His All-Time High

President Donald Trump’s job approval rating jumped 5 percentage points to 49% in the latest Gallup survey, matching the highest mark of his presidency.

Trump enjoyed a 49% approval rating in late January and early February during the time of his acquittal in the Senate impeachment trial. That week was a really good week for the president. But since then, his rating had dropped. Now it appears that the president is again enjoying a “small rally of public support,” as he has reclaimed his all-time high.

The bump is likely due to a favorable view of how Trump has handled the COVID-19 outbreak within the United States, Gallup reported:

Trump’s response to the novel coronavirus pandemic may be behind his higher overall approval rating. Americans give the president generally positive reviews for his handling of the situation, with 60% approving and 38% disapproving. Ninety-four percent of Republicans, 60% of independents and 27% of Democrats approve of his response.

Trump also gained favor from two unlikely sources: Democrats and independents. While the president’s approval rating among Republicans held steady at just over 90%, his approval rating among Democrats grew by 6 points and grew among independents by 8 points in the recent survey. (Read more from “Recent Poll: Trump’s Approval Rating Jumps 5 Points to 49%, Matching His All-Time High” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

State Department Responds After Chinese Ambassador Says It’s ‘Crazy’ to Blame Coronavirus on U.S. Military

The State Department backed up China’s Ambassador to the U.S. Cui Tiankai for calling the Chinese Foreign Ministry’s coronavirus conspiracy that the U.S. Army was responsible for the virus’ outbreak in Wuhan a “crazy thing.”

“We welcome Ambassador Cui’s comments calling the Chinese Foreign Ministry’s statement a ‘crazy thing’ that blamed the U.S. Army for the #coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan,” tweeted State Department spokeswoman Morgan Ortagus. “Saving lives is more important than saving face.”

“There are people who are saying that these virus are coming from some military lab, not of China, maybe in the United States,” Cui said in an interview with CBS’ “Face the Nation,” adding: “How — how can we believe all these crazy things?”

Cui called the idea “crazy” even before the spokesperson for the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Zhao Lijian, began promoting the conspiracy.

But even after the idea that the U.S. military was responsible for the coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan was state-sponsored, Cui stood by his comments, calling such an idea “crazy.” (Read more from “State Department Responds After Chinese Ambassador Says It’s ‘Crazy’ to Blame Coronavirus on U.S. Military” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

WATCH: CNN’s Jake Tapper Teaches Biden How to Cough Properly in Awkward Interview Moment

CNN anchor Jake Tapper took former Vice President Joe Biden to school on Tuesday, showing the 2020 Democratic front-runner how to properly cough during an on-air interview.

Biden was discussing the latest on combating the pandemic from his home when it was interrupted by a cough.

“Excuse me,” Biden said after he coughed into his hand.

“You know, you’re supposed to cough into your elbow,” Tapper told the former vice president as he himself demonstrated with his elbow. “I learned that, actually, covering your White House.”

“Actually, that’s true,” Biden conceded. “But fortunately, I’m alone in my home, but that’s OK. I agree you’re right.” (Read more from “WATCH: CNN’s Jake Tapper Teaches Biden How to Cough Properly in Awkward Interview Moment” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

U.S. City Orders Gun Stores to Shut Down

Gun shops in Los Angeles are nonessential businesses and will have to close their doors amid coronavirus restrictions, Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said Tuesday.

“There are hundreds of businesses which, through no fault of their own, do not fall under the Governor’s definition of critical infrastructure,” Villanueva said during a press conference. “As a result, I have instructed my deputies to enforce closures of businesses which have disregarded the Governor’s order (gun stores, strip clubs, and other non-designated businesses).” . . .

The announcement comes one week after California Gov. Gavin Newsom issued a shelter in place order directing the state’s nearly 40 million residents to stay home, beginning March 20 to help stop the spread of coronavirus. . .

Last week, the California Rifle and Pistol Association issued a bulletin arguing that gun stores are essential businesses and should be allowed to continue operation. (Read more from “U.S. City Orders Gun Stores to Shut Down” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Pastor Again Defies State Order Not to Hold Large Gatherings. He Says 1,000 People Came to His Church Sunday

By CNN. Remember the Louisiana pastor who defied the governor’s order not to hold gatherings larger than 50 people? . . .

On Sunday, Pastor Tony Spell said, his Life Tabernacle Church in Baton Rouge drew about 1,000 people to its services, in part by busing people in from across five parishes.

“If they close every door in this city, then I will close my doors,” Spell told CNN on Tuesday. “But you can’t say the retailers are essential but the church is not. That is a persecution of the faith.” . . .

Chief Roger Corcoran of the Central Police Department in Baton Rouge told CNN that the “matter is under investigation.” (Read more from “Pastor Again Defies State Order Not to Hold Large Gatherings. He Says 1,000 People Came to His Church Sunday” HERE)

___________________________________________________

Hempfield Church Pastor Apologizes for Open Services on Sunday

By Trib Live. The pastor of a Hempfield church apologized Monday after roughly 200 people attended a Sunday service at Word of Life Church, against the advice of government and health officials.

“Please believe me when I say it was not out of arrogance or defiance, but solely for the purpose of praying for our churches, communities, and nation,” Pastor Tom Walters wrote in a post to Word of Life’s Facebook page.

In speaking with congregants on Sunday, Walters said that the national reaction to the coronavirus pandemic, which has infected around 43,000 Americans and killed nearly 460 as of Monday, “could possibly be, disguised in everything else, a direct attack on the church.’” The global death toll is nearly 16,500.

Walters cited much-higher U.S. numbers related to annual car-crash rates, flu deaths and abortions.

“The world doesn’t care about that,” he said in his sermon. “All they’re saying is, ‘Shut your doors to the church, lock your doors in fear, and shut your mouth about faith.” (Read more from “Hempfield Church Pastor Apologizes for Open Services on Sunday” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE