As Obama Golfed, ISIS Slaughtered Egyptian Christians Held in Libya
CBS News reported that this past weekend, Obama was again playing golf, this time “at Porcupine Creek in Rancho Mirage. The owner is Oracle software company co-founder [billionaire] Larry Ellison.” In other words, Obama was screwing around on the golf course again while ISIS was creating mayhem across the Middle East.
As BBC reported:
A video has emerged showing the beheadings purportedly of 21 Egyptian Christians who had been kidnapped by Islamic State (IS) militants in Libya.
The footage shows a group wearing orange overalls, being forced to the ground and then decapitated. . .
The kidnapped Egyptian workers, all Coptic Christians, were seized in December and January from the coastal town of Sirte in eastern Libya, now under the control of Islamist groups.
The video of the beheadings was posted online by Libyan jihadists who pledge loyalty to IS. A caption made it clear the men were targeted because of their faith. . .
The beheadings were described as “barbaric” by al-Azhar, the highly regarded theological institution which is based in Egypt.
(Read more from “ISIS Slaughtered Egyptian Christians” HERE)
_________________________________________________
McCain on ISIS Fight: We Should Not Restrain the President
By Daniel Cooney. Senate Armed Services Chairman John McCain, R-Ariz., said Sunday that Congress should not restrict the president’s broad authority in authorizing the use of military force against the terrorist group known as ISIS.
“If we don’t like what the commander-in-chief is doing, we can cut off his funds for doing so. But to restrain him in our authorization of him taking military action, I think frankly, is unconstitutional,” McCain said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” He added that restraining the president’s authority to take military action “eventually leads to 535 commanders-in-chief,” referring to the total number of members of Congress.
McCain’s comments came after the president sent a draft of a new authorization of military force — or AUMF — to take action against ISIS. The draft stipulates a three-year authorization with no geographic limits and limited use of ground troops. The authorization would repeal the 2002 AUMF, which former Pres. George W. Bush used for the war in Iraq.
McCain, making his first appearance on “Meet the Press” since September 2013, said the president probably did not need the authority, but Congress should debate the issue. (Read more from this story HERE)
Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.
