Biden Taps Coronavirus ‘Expert’ Who Thinks 75 Is the Perfect Age to Die

For a pandemic that seems particularly fatal for the elderly, Joe Biden has tapped a so-called “expert” to advise him about the Wuhan coronavirus. The only problem with the “expert” is that he believes people should die before they get too old, saying he himself wishes to die at the age of 75. Biden is 77.

The former vice president and Democratic presidential candidate has decided to create a “Public Health Advisory Committee” to inform him about the coronavirus while the candidate campaigns for the White House. Biden is trying to paint a picture of himself as an informed, capable leader who can spearhead this nation’s way out of anything. On Friday, the candidate and his team couldn’t figure out how to run a virtual town hall.

One of the Democratic advisers picked to join Biden’s advisory committee on the Wuhan virus is Obamacare architect and noted bioethicist Ezekiel Emanuel. In keeping with the Democrats’ culture of death, Emanuel wrote a piece for The Atlantic titled, “Why I Hope to Die at 75.”

In Emanuel’s piece, the author talks about how everyone thinks he’s crazy for wishing to die at 75 but believes “75 is a pretty good age to aim to stop.” For those wondering, Emanuel is 62 years old. . .

This is just the kind of thinking Joe Biden wants on his health advisory committee during the coronavirus. The average age of those who have died from the Wuhan virus in the United States is 81 years old, and 25 of the nearly 50 deaths in the United States reported so far have been linked to a single nursing home. (Read more from “Biden Taps Coronavirus ‘Expert’ Who Thinks 75 Is the Perfect Age to Die” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

U.S. Fighters Catch Russian Spy Planes Near Alaska for 2nd Time in Days

For the second time in less than a week, the U.S. has intercepted Russian maritime surveillance aircraft in what’s known as the Alaska Air Defense Identification Zone, military officials announced Saturday.

Two pairs of Tu-142 maritime reconnaissance and anti-submarine warfare aircraft were tracked and intercepted Saturday by Air Force F-22 Raptors, supported by KC-132 Stratotanker refueling aircraft and E-3 Sentry Airborne Warning and Control System planes.

“The Russian aircraft entered the ADIZ from the West and North of Alaska respectively,” officials with the North American Aerospace Defense Command, or NORAD, said in a release. “The western pair of Tu-142s remained within the ADIZ for approximately 4 hours and loitered in the vicinity of the U.S. Navy’s ICEX where they are conducting submarine exercises. The Tu-142s were escorted by F-22s the entire time.” . . .

A pair of Tu-142s to the north spent only about 15 minutes in the zone, and also received an F-22 escort, officials said.

ICEX, which began March 5, is an Arctic preparedness exercise involving two U.S. Navy submarines, forces from five different countries and more than 100 participants. The exercise requires troops to set up a temporary camp on an ice floe and use the camp as a command center for submarine operations taking place below the ice, at temperatures averaging negative 27 degrees Fahrenheit. (Read more from “U.S. Fighters Catch Russian Spy Planes Near Alaska for 2nd Time in Days” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Reporter Objects to Trump Wearing ‘USA’ Hat During Press Conference, Gets Destroyed on Twitter

President Donald Trump addressed the nation once again on Saturday morning on the latest developments in the coronavirus outbreak. During a White House press briefing, the president noted additional measures the federal government is taking to keep Americans safe during the national emergency. He even noted that he had taken a COVID-19 test to see if he had contracted the deadly virus after being in proximity with at least one individual who tested positive for the illness.

In light of all the news, a White House reporter for the Los Angeles Times, Chris Megerian, decided to focus on what really matters: President Donald Trump wore a “USA” baseball cap at the press briefing. No, we are not joking. Megerian actually raised this as an issue.

“Trump is at the White House addressing a national emergency over a global pandemic while wearing a baseball hat you can buy on his campaign website,” wrote the journalist in a tweet.

When confronted on the absurdity of his tweet, Megerian defended himself by replying: “I’m not the one who put a campaign hat on the president’s head.” . . .

By Saturday afternoon, Megerian’s tweet was “ratioed,” which is when the number of negative replies to a certain tweet (11,500 in this case) vastly outnumber its “likes” (3,200). (Read more from “Reporter Objects to Trump Wearing ‘USA’ Hat During Press Conference, Gets Destroyed on Twitter” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

GOP Lawmaker Introduces Bill to End Dependency on China’s Pharmaceutical Manufacturing

In the wake of the coronavirus pandemic and supply chain disruptions, one Republican lawmaker is seeking to decrease America’s dependence on China.

Appearing on “Fox and Friends” Sunday, Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) explained that she has introduced legislation to increase America’s pharmaceutical production to decrease dependency on China.

“It is the SAM-C Bill, Securing America’s Medicine Cabinet,” Blackburn said. “Many of the pharmaceuticals that are necessary for creating some of these viruses — and certainly the coronavirus family is one of those — they’re made only in China.”

“We are depended upon them for these. They’re called APIs: active pharmaceutical ingredients,” she continued. “My legislation would incentivize bringing that production back on U.S. shores.” (Read more from “GOP Lawmaker Introduces Bill to End Dependency on China’s Pharmaceutical Manufacturing” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Banning the Sale of Firearms and Ammunition Because of Wuhan Virus? A U.S. Mayor Just Signed an Executive Order to Do It

The mayor of Champaign, Illinois has declared a city-wide emergency over the Wuhan virus and is taking on breath-taking powers which include bans on the purchases of firearms and ammunition.

This page is taken directly from the mayor’s press release:

______________________________________________________

Mayor Attempts to Clarify Wuhan Virus Ammo and Gun Ban

By Townhall. The city is attempting to clarify, by claiming specific details in their own declaration, which you can read below, don’t exist.

The mayor of Champaign, Illinois has declared a town emergency over the Wuhan coronavirus that includes a potential ban on the sale of firearms and ammunition.

According to a local report from WAND 17, Champaign Mayor Deborah Frank Feinen has issued an executive order that would give her office “extraordinary powers.” She has issued the order despite the town and surrounding area not having a single case of the disease. . .

Here is the list of other items from the declaration/executive order, which also includes the ability to ban the sale of “food, water, fuel, clothing, and/or other commodities, materials, goods, services and resources,” in addition to alcohol and gasoline. Additionally, government agents or officials have the ability to seize private property and to cut off the city water supply. The mayor justifies everything “in the interest of public safety and wolf.” (Read more from “Banning the Sale of Firearms and Ammunition Because of Wuhan Virus? A U.S. Mayor Just Signed an Executive Order to Do It” HERE)

______________________________________________________

Sales of Survival Gear, Guns, Ammo Spike Amid Coronavirus Fears

By Kiro 7. Face masks, disinfectant and paper products are not the only items flying off retailer shelves, sales of survival gear like ready-to-eat meals, guns and ammunition have increased as consumers get ready to deal with the spreading coronavirus.

A California military supply store can’t keep enough military field rations — known as MRE or meals ready to eat — medical kits and food-grade storage bins in stock.

“We’re bringing pallets (of MREs) up all the time now, and even our supplier in Southern California is having trouble keeping them in stock,” Raymond Prather, owner of Victory Stores in Vallejo, California, told KTVU.

Gun stores across the country are also selling more firearms and ammunition.

Widener’s Reloading and Shooting Supply, an online retailer, sold twice as much ammo Feb. 23-25 this year than last year. (Read more from “Sales of Survival Gear, Guns, Ammo Spike Amid Coronavirus Fears” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Donald Trump Declares Sunday National Day of Prayer: ‘We Are a Country That Has Looked to God in Times Like These’

President Donald Trump announced that Sunday would be a National Day of Prayer on Friday, not long after he officially declared a state of emergency over the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.

After declaring a national emergency, Trump took to Twitter to announce his “great honor” in declaring that a National Day of Prayer would be taking place two days later. An annual National Day of Prayer normally takes place on the first Thursday of May, which falls on May 7 this year, although Trump has previously given other days the designation during emergencies.

“It is my great honor to declare Sunday, March 15th as a National Day of Prayer. We are a Country that, throughout our history, has looked to God for protection and strength in times like these,” Trump tweeted. “No matter where you may be, I encourage you to turn towards prayer in an act of faith. Together, we will easily PREVAIL!”

A few hours before the president suggested Americans turn to God for protection against the pathogen, Trump appeared at a press conference to announce that he would be freeing up federal resources to combat the virus by declaring the “two very big words” of “national emergency.” (Read more from “Donald Trump Declares Sunday National Day of Prayer: ‘We Are a Country That Has Looked to God in Times Like These'” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

DESPICABLE: Nancy Pelosi Tries to Sneak Abortion Funding Into Coronavirus Bill, Acting as Chinese Agent, too

By PJ Media. If you needed more proof that Democrats see the coronavirus outbreak as a political opportunity, look no further than the COVID-19 economic stimulus package. It appears that Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats attempted to sneak in a loophole for the Hyde Amendment, which prevents federal dollars from being used to pay for abortions, into the legislation. . .

“While schools are closing and hospitals are gearing up, Speaker Pelosi is waging unnecessary culture wars. Speaker Pelosi should be fighting the coronavirus pandemic, not politicizing emergency funding by fighting against the bipartisan Hyde Amendment,” Senator Ben Sasse (R-NE) told National Review in a statement. “We need to be ramping up our diagnostic testing, not waging culture wars at the behest of Planned Parenthood. Good grief.”

Pelosi tried to include provisions into the package that would mandate $1 billion to reimburse laboratories, which the White House claims would establish a precedent that all health claims for any procedure, including abortion, could be reimbursed with taxpayer dollars, effectively bypassing the restrictions of the Hyde Amendment.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez spun the situation differently when she was interviewed on Fox News Thursday evening. She told Brett Baier that “right now we are hearing that some of the fights and some of the gridlock is because people are trying to put pro-life provisions into this.”

(Read more from “Despicable: Nancy Pelosi Tries to Sneak Abortion Funding Into Coronavirus Bill” HERE)

______________________________________________

Is Pelosi a Chinese Agent?

By Jeffrey Lord. Fox News reported:

Chinese officials are pushing back on the expression “Wuhan coronavirus” — saying the name used frequently by American conservative leaders and commentators to describe the place COVID-19 originated unfairly stigmatizes the Asian nation and borders on being racist. . .

And like clockwork, here come House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and socialist Reps. Ilhan Omar and Alexandria-Ocasio Cortez.

Pelosi tweeted to House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy, who had used the phrase “Wuhan virus”: “Bigoted statements which spread misinformation and blame Asians and the Asian American community for #coronavirus make us all less safe. @GOPLeader must delete this tweet and apologize immediately.”

Omar said, “Viruses don’t have nationalities. This is racist” . . .

In other words? In other words Pelosi and her leftist comrades are doing exactly what the Chinese Communist Party demands: taking a perfectly logical name for the coronavirus — its place of origin — and making it a racial issue. (Read more from this story HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Judge Orders Chelsea Manning to Be Released Following Suicide Attempt

A federal judge ordered Thursday that former Army analyst Chelsea Manning immediately be released from the Virginia jail where [he’s] been held in contempt for almost a year.

Manning, 32, was taken to a hospital Wednesday after [he] attempted suicide, [his] legal team said. [He] had been scheduled for a hearing Friday in Alexandria, Virginia, where [he] has been held since May after [he] refused to answer questions from a grand jury looking into the release of documents to WikiLeaks.

But U.S. District Judge Anthony Trenga said Thursday that the grand jury had completed its business and found that Manning’s “appearance before the Grand Jury is no longer needed.” He ordered the Justice Department to release [him] immediately but ordered [him] to pay the $256,000 in fines that had accrued as [he] fought the order to testify.

Manning was convicted at a court-martial of espionage and other charges in 2013 for leaking secret military files to WikiLeaks. [He] has refused to answer further questions about WikiLeaks, arguing that [he] already did so during her trial seven years ago. (Read more from “Judge Orders Chelsea Manning to Be Released Following Suicide Attempt” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Google-Funded Think Tank Chief Resigns After Wishing Coronavirus Would Kill Trump

By Daily Caller. The head of a Google-funded think tank is resigning after suggesting to his Twitter followers that he would like to see President Donald Trump die from coronavirus, Politico reported Friday.

TechFreedom president Berin Szóka is going on an indefinite sabbatical to write a book on tech policy, the libertarian-leaning group told Politico. Szóka got into some hot water Monday after saying on Twitter that it would be “poetic justice” for Trump to die from the deadly virus.

“Serious question: could there possibly any greater poetic justice in the universe than for Trump to die of the #CPACvirus,” Szóka tweeted in reference to Trump’s presence at the Conservative Political Action Conference.

One person who attended CPAC tested positive for the virus.

Szóka apologized several days after sharing the tweet. “Earlier this week, I sent a thoughtless tweet making an inappropriate comment about the President that I deeply regret,” he tweeted Thursday. “I was wrong to tweet it and deleted it. Again, I apologize.” (Read more from “Google-Funded Think Tank Chief Resigns After Wishing Coronavirus Would Kill Trump” HERE)

__________________________________________________

No Need to Test Trump for Coronavirus, White House Doctor Says

By NPR. A day after his communications secretary went into quarantine after testing positive for coronavirus, Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro on Friday moved swiftly to shoot down local news reports that he too had tested positive. That was good news for President Trump.

“Negative for COVID-19, the Honorable President of the Republic, Jair Bolsonaro,” the Brazilian president wrote on his official Twitter account. “DON’T BELIEVE IN THE FAKE NEWS MEDIA.”

Bolsonaro’s coronavirus test results were being watched closely in Washington, six days after the Brazilian leader dined at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort with Trump, Vice President Pence, Trump’s daughter Ivanka and son-in-law Jared Kushner, and former New York City mayor Rudolph Giuliani. . .

But Friday night, Dr. Sean Conley, physician to the president, issued a statement saying Trump is at low risk for COVID-19 because his contact with the one of the infected individuals was “extremely limited (photograph, handshakes),” and “all interactions [with the other person] occurred before any symptom onset.”

Trump himself has no symptoms and need not self-quarantine or even be tested, Conley said, but the doctor will monitor him. (Read more from “No Need to Test Trump for Coronavirus, White House Doctor Says” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Did This Spygate Source Work for the Hillary Clinton Campaign?

It’s long been known that Stefan Halper served as a confidential human source (CHS) for the FBI. Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s report on Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) abuse, while not identifying Halper by name, added many details concerning his extensive role in spying on the Trump campaign: Halper secretly recorded several conversations with Trump campaign advisors Carter Page and George Papadopoulos and, more troublingly, the FBI tasked Halper to tape an extensive conversation with Sam Clovis—a co-chair of the Trump presidential campaign.

Publicly available information on government contracts also reveal that Halper received hundreds of thousands of dollars for four projects he completed for the Department of Defense’s Office of Net Assessments. As part of his oversight responsibilities as chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, Sen. Chuck Grassley has raised concerns about the merits of those contracts and further questioned whether Halper “used any taxpayer money in his attempt to recruit Trump campaign officials as sources.”

Grassley has yet to receive answers to his questions. And it remains unknown which Trump campaign officials Halper “attempt[ed] to recruit as sources,” as the IG report—or at least the unredacted portions of that report—make no mention of such efforts.

Something Grassley hasn’t probed, however, but merits further investigation is whether Halper received further funding from the Department of Defense “off-the-books” or through some pass-through conduits. Publicly available information suggests Halper had done so in the past. (Read more from “Did This Spygate Source Work for the Hillary Clinton Campaign?” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE