Did CNN Really Just Say This About OJ Simpson?

CNN continues to promote division in the United States and encourage anti-whiteness, starting with the network saying shocking things about the death of OJ Simpson.

CNN contributor Ashley Allison tried to justify Simpson’s acquittal by pulling the race card.

The former Obama administration sparked outrage after claiming that OJ Simpson “represented something for the black community— particularly because there were two white people who had been killed.”

Allison admitted that she cheered and was happy to find out that Simpson was going to walk free after allegedly killing his wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ronald Goldman.

“And the history around how black people had been persecuted during slavery. There were just so many layers,” she continued. “And I guess I’ll just close with this. There was racial tension then, there is racial tension now. It might not be the backdrop of the Trump campaign, but until this country is ready to actually have an honest conversation about the racial dynamics from our origin story until today, we will always have moments like O.J. Simpson that manifest, and our country will always be divided if we don’t actually deal with the issue of race.”

(Read more from “Did CNN Really Just Say This About Oj Simpson?” HERE)

Video Appears to Show Reality Star in Excruciating Pain After Alleged Knife and Acid Attack

“So You Think You Can Dance” alum Korra Obidi shared a horrifying video showing the aftermath of an alleged attack by a knife-wielding stranger Thursday in London.

The video showed the Nigerian dancer gasping for breath as she told fans someone threw acid on her face and injured her with a knife. She was crouched on the ground, as others around her called for assistance. An apparent bloody knife lied on the ground next to Obidi as she frantically splashed her face with Coca Cola in an attempt to stop her face from burning.

“My face is burning!” she gasped as she tried to catch her breath.

“Can I have some Coke to wash it, please?” she asked an onlooker. Obidi splashed the beverage onto her face repeatedly while the camera rolled on.

“Higher, up here — you’ve got some blood up here,” a female near her said. “I’ve got blood!” gasped Obidi, as she splashed the beverage onto the area.

“The knife is still here,” a man said, seemingly as he was speaking to police on the phone.

(Read more from “Video Appears to Show Reality Star in Excruciating Pain After Alleged Knife and Acid Attack” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

GOP Senate Candidate Kari Lake Under Fire for Abortion Law Flip-Flop

Republican Arizona Senate candidate Kari Lake is facing criticism from various quarters following her apparent reversal on Arizona’s strict Civil War-era abortion law. The controversy emerged during a visit to the University of Arizona, where Lake was pressed on her shifting stance by attendees, leading to a heated exchange.

Lake’s evolution on the abortion law has drawn scrutiny from both local and national observers. Initially expressing support for the law in 2022, she later changed her position after the state Supreme Court upheld the ban, advocating for its repeal instead. This abrupt change has left many questioning Lake’s consistency and commitment to her beliefs.

During the event hosted by the College Republicans, Lake defended her pro-life stance but acknowledged the political realities surrounding the law’s fate.

Lake’s attempt to justify her stance did little to quell the controversy, with attendees and critics alike questioning her sincerity and credibility.

The backlash against Lake has been intensified by her opponents, who are using her past statements to challenge her integrity. Democratic Arizona Rep. Ruben Gallego, for instance, highlighted Lake’s previous endorsement of the abortion ban on social media, accusing her of inconsistency and opportunism.

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Supreme Court to Review Feds’ Use of Obstruction Charge Against Jan. 6 Defendants, Trump

The fate of hundreds of Jan. 6 defendants lies with the Supreme Court, which will hear a case Tuesday arguing that the obstruction law under which they were charged was never meant to apply to the attack on the U.S. Capitol.

If the justices rule that prosecutors have stretched the law too far, then it could also help former President Donald Trump, who faces conspiracy charges under another section of the same law.

At issue is a law passed in 2002 in the wake of the Enron scandal and aimed at giving the government new tools to go after those who obstruct an official proceeding.

The Biden administration says the Electoral College vote count taking place at the Capitol in 2021 while the mob raged counts as an official proceeding.

Joseph Fischer, one of those convicted under the law, says the statute was intended to snare people who try to destroy evidence of corporate fraud cases, such as document shredding. What went on at the Capitol that day falls far outside that, his lawyers argue. (Read more from “Supreme Court to Review Feds’ Use of Obstruction Charge Against Jan. 6 Defendants, Trump” HERE)

Eighty-Six House Republicans Vote for Warrantless Surveillance of Americans

Eighty-six House Republicans on Friday voted against an amendment to require a warrant for surveillance of Americans’ communications.

Rep. Andy Biggs (R-AZ) proposed an amendment to the Reforming Intelligence and Securing America Act (RISAA), a bill that would reauthorize Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA). Section 702 is a law that is meant to target foreign adversaries, but often surveils Americans’ private communications without a warrant.

The amendment tied at 212-212 in the House; a tie in the House means that the measure fails. Although Biggs’s amendment did receive support from a majority of Republicans, 86 House Republicans failed to support the proposal.

A warrant requirement is overwhelmingly backed by Americans. A YouGov poll commissioned by FreedomWorks and Demand Progress found that 76 percent of Americans support a warrant requirement, while only 12 percent oppose.

Only one member of House Republican leadership voted with the majority of the House Republican Conference on warrants requirements: House Majority Whip Tom Emmer (R-MN). Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA), House Majority Leader Steve Scalise (R-LA), and House Republican Conference Chair Elise Stefanik (R-NY) voted against the warrant requirement. (Read more from “Eighty-Six House Republicans Vote for Warrantless Surveillance of Americans” HERE)

Biden’s Poor Polling May Be as Good as It Gets for Him

Although it hardly looks like it, President Joe Biden may already be peaking in his race to keep the White House. His biggest internal threat remains: his inability to campaign effectively. And his biggest external threat looms: Though the country seems to expect a soft landing from inflation’s heights, this week’s economic data prove Biden’s economy has nowhere to go but down.

When Biden survived his State of the Union speech, Democrats cheered their president reaching the starting line as though he had crossed the finish line. But his challenge over the next seven months will be far greater. The campaign trail will be demanding for Biden, with many speeches before real audiences, press conferences (if he agrees to them), and debates (if he accepts). Biden will have to do these and more — and do them over and over again. And at the first mistake, the questions that Democrats insist have been laid to rest will come flooding back.

All these questions will come in environments where Biden is weakest and has failed to perform throughout his career. That’s why Biden’s people have kept him out of sight as much as possible for nearly five years. Remember: as soon as Biden clinched the Democratic nomination in 2020, he retired to his basement. And throughout his first term, he has avoided the press except for all but the simplest, friendliest, and heavily controlled of settings — as his March 2021 ESPN interview was recently revealed to be.

Politically, though, Biden has no choice but to go out. Unlike in 2020, when Biden held sizable leads and events were largely playing his way and he could play it safe, now he must make up ground. As of April 11, he trails (by almost 3 percentage points overall and in every state but Pennsylvania) in the all-important battleground states that will decide the Electoral College vote; he trails by almost 2 percentage points in the five-way race that this election will likely be; and even in a head-to-head rematch with former President Donald Trump, he is slightly behind.

But even if he agrees to start campaigning, Biden’s biggest liability will be one he can’t control: the economic uncertainty that his own policies have created. (Read more from “Biden’s Poor Polling May Be as Good as It Gets for Him” HERE)

Former FBI Deputy Director Acknowledges Errors in Trump FISA Scandal

Andrew McCabe, the former FBI Deputy Director, admitted on Thursday that the bureau made “many mistakes” in its handling of Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) applications related to Carter Page, an aide to former President Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign.

During a CNN interview, McCabe, who now serves as a CNN law enforcement analyst, defended FISA’s Section 702 while responding to Trump’s criticism of the program. Trump had called for the termination of FISA, alleging that it was used to spy on his campaign.

McCabe acknowledged the errors in the FISA application targeting Carter Page, stating that there were “many mistakes” in the process. He emphasized the distinction between Section 702 and the specific FISA application related to Page, which faced criticism for its reliance on an unverified dossier.

In 2018, McCabe was fired from the FBI by the Trump Department of Justice, just hours before his retirement, over allegations of “lack of candor” regarding disclosures to the media. McCabe filed a lawsuit contesting his firing, claiming it was politically motivated, and ultimately reached a settlement in 2021 that restored his pension and benefits.

The debate over FISA’s reauthorization has intensified in Congress, with some lawmakers pushing for reforms to protect the privacy of U.S. citizens. FBI Director Christopher Wray has defended Section 702 authorities as “critical” for national security, while House Speaker Mike Johnson argued that the proposed reforms would address past abuses.

Despite opposition from a bipartisan group of lawmakers, the House blocked consideration of a reauthorization bill for Section 702 just days before its expiration.

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

School Won’t Let Fifth-Grader Start a Prayer Club — But Approves LGBTQ Group

A fifth-grade girl in Washington State was denied a request to start an interfaith prayer group at her elementary school after educators granted permission for an LGBTQ Pride club one week earlier.

11-year-old Laura, a Creekside Elementary student, told “Fox News @ Night” she had felt alone in her classroom and the larger school. After speaking with friends who felt the same way, Laura pitched the idea of bringing people together and doing good in the community.

Laura claimed the interfaith prayer group welcomed all students, regardless of religion.

“I think that this is something that I am very passionate about. I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t really want to make this happen, if I didn’t think that it would be a great opportunity for everyone,” Laura said.

First Liberty Institute, a nonprofit Christian legal organization representing Laura, another unidentified student and their parents, sent a letter to Issaquah School District officials about the incident. (Read more from “School Won’t Let Fifth-Grader Start a Prayer Club — But Approves LGBTQ Group” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Man Strips Naked in Women’s Locker Room at Planet Fitness, Gets Arrested

Planet Fitness has become the object of scorn from many populations in America for its open showers policy, through which it promotes transgenderism by allowing men who say they are women to use the facilities for women.

But now a man has been arrested after stripping naked in a women’s locker room and “showing us his ….” . . .

The report comes from the Post Millennial, which explained the man, Christopher Allan Miller, 38, was arrested for the incident at a Planet Fitness in Gastonia, N.C. . .

“A female caller described the situation to the dispatcher, stating, ‘It’s a man but he says he identifies as a woman, and he won’t leave the restroom. But he is just walking around showing us his — and he won’t leave,'” the report said. . .

The club’s own policy includes total support for questionable activities, however, stating, “All members, including transgender members, may use Planet Fitness® locker room facilities, bathrooms, showers, and all other facilities/programs separated by sex based on their self-reported gender identity.” (Read more from “Man Strips Naked in Women’s Locker Room at Planet Fitness, Gets Arrested” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Will School Choice Win Out in Tennessee? Lawmakers Have Two Weeks to Finalize ‘Education Freedom’ Act

Tennessee’s Republican Governor Bill Lee is determined to make his state the latest to overhaul its education system to embrace school choice, but with a deadline to get it done just a few weeks away, several hurdles remain.

With two weeks remaining before the legislative session of the Tennessee General Assembly comes to a close, lawmakers in the state House and Senate have put forward two very different versions of Lee’s proposed school choice measure, known as the “Education Freedom Scholarship Act.” Despite the differences, both legislative leaders and Lee tell The Daily Wire they are confident they will get a school choice measure passed, though precisely what it will look like won’t be known until the end of the session on April 25.

Lee’s school choice plan calls for scholarships worth $7,000 to be made available to 20,000 students in the 2024-2025 school year. Of the available scholarships, half would be reserved for poor people, with the remaining half allocated on a first come, first serve basis. The goal for the next school year would be for universal eligibility for all students in the state to use at private schools, charter schools, or for homeschool families.

“A parent ought to decide where their kid goes to school and what they learn, and not the government,” Lee told The Daily Wire in an interview. “That’s what choice is really about: the government not deciding everything about a kid’s education in a state, but the parents deciding that.”

The House and Senate versions of the Education Freedom Scholarship Act have been working their way through committees over the last several weeks. Both versions set aside around $144 million for the 20,000 scholarships and do not automatically expand the amount of scholarships, meaning the cap would need to be lifted by future General Assemblies. They both also reserve 10,000 for lower-income students and 10,000 more broadly open for anyone. However, who and where the scholarships can be eligible depends on which version gets passed. (Read more from “Will School Choice Win Out in Tennessee? Lawmakers Have Two Weeks to Finalize ‘Education Freedom’ Act” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr