How States Are Punching Back on Biden’s Federal Election Takeover

During a conference call with White House officials, top state election officials wanted to know how the Biden administration intended to implement its government-backed get-out-the-vote effort in 2024.

The White House answer essentially was that “those plans are not public and they never intended for them to be public,” according to two secretaries of state who were on the call last week.

“The sad part is, that answer should have been a surprise but it wasn’t,” Mississippi Secretary of State Michael Watson, a Republican, told The Daily Signal.

Secretaries of state typically are their states’ chief election officials. Their growing frustration comes as more than two dozen state lawmakers in Pennsylvania, a major battleground state, ask the Supreme Court to block President Joe Biden’s executive order to increase voter registration.

Mississippi’s Watson noted that in 2020, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and his wife spent $400 million for election administration grants targeting key jurisdictions that would drive up the Democrat vote. (Read more from “How States Are Punching Back on Biden’s Federal Election Takeover” HERE)

‘Blatant State Hostility’: Legal Battle Erupts When Town Tears Down Cross

A pitched battle has erupted in California over the decision by one city to take an easement away from the Lions Club and remove a Christian cross the organization had illuminated at holidays for years.

The situation has been profiled by CBN, which noted the effort to restore the cross continues.

The cross has been on the site since several owners sold the city 1.1 acres of land in the 1970s, but the Lions retained an easement for the cross, the report said.

Atheists in recent years had complained they didn’t like it, so the city’s solution was to take over the easement and remove the monument.

Now a coalition of Christians is renewing their campaign to have the 28-foot-tall cross restored. (Read more from “‘Blatant State Hostility’: Legal Battle Erupts When Town Tears Down Cross” HERE)

Biden Declines Invite to Testify for Impeachment Inquiry

President Joe Biden informed the House on Monday that he was turning down an invitation to testify as part of a corruption-focused impeachment inquiry.

His special counsel, Richard Sauber, conveyed the message to House Oversight Chairman James Comer (R-KY) ahead of the proposed April 16 date for a hearing. The letter claimed the “impeachment investigation is over” and claimed the oversight panel has turned up evidence showing that Biden “has done nothing wrong.”

The House should “focus on the issues that matter to the American people rather than continuing to waste time and taxpayer resources on this partisan charade,” Sauber wrote, adding, “we decline your invitation for President Biden to testify.”

Not mentioned in the letter was whether Biden answered a series of questions in which Comer asked Biden to respond in writing about whether he met or otherwise interacted with specific foreign business executives, as well as details on the context of the contacts. But a release from the House Oversight Committee said Biden refused to answer the questions.

“The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree in the Biden family. Like his son, Hunter Biden, President Biden is refusing to testify in public about the Bidens’ corrupt influence peddling. This comes as no surprise since President Biden continues to lie about his relationships with his son’s business partners, even denying they exist when his son said under oath during a deposition that they did,” Comer said in a statement. (Read more from “Biden Declines Invite to Testify for Impeachment Inquiry” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

FBI Opens Criminal Probe Into Baltimore Bridge Collapse: Reports

The FBI has opened a criminal investigation into the ship crash that caused a deadly bridge collapse in Baltimore last month, according to multiple reports on Monday.

Sources told The Washington Post the federal inquiry is reviewing events leading up to the collision, including whether the crew left port knowing the transport had problems with its systems.

The vessel’s owner, operators, and attorneys did not immediately respond to the news outlet’s request for comment.

Federal agents appeared to be on the ship conducting a search on Monday morning. The bureau acknowledged in a statement that agents were on the Dali performing “court authorized law enforcement activity.”

Erek Barron, the U.S. attorney for Maryland, said the “public should know, whether it’s gun violence, civil rights abuse, financial fraud, or any other threat to public safety or property, we will seek accountability for anyone who may be responsible.” (Read more from “FBI Opens Criminal Probe Into Baltimore Bridge Collapse: Reports” HERE)

Migrants Thank Biden After Release From Processing Centers 245% Above Capacity: Report

Illegal migrants in the San Diego area of the U.S. border with Mexico thanked President Joe Biden after being released into the country from the area’s overburdened migrant processing facilities, the New York Post reported Friday.

“Thank you America, thank you American president,” an Indian migrant said after the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) dropped him off, allowing him to enter the U.S., according to the outlet.

Other migrants being dropped off reportedly told the outlet they were from various countries, including China, India, Egypt, Jordan, Mauritania and Colombia.

The San Diego Sector’s processing facilities are experiencing carrying capacities of 245%, with facilities designed to hold 750 migrants at most now holding 1,812 migrants, the outlet reported. The sector has eight stations, according to CBP.

As U.S. policy states migrants may not be held for more than 72 hours, they are soon released into the country, with over 125,000 migrants reportedly released onto San Diego’s streets since September 2023. (Read more from “Migrants Thank Biden After Release From Processing Centers 245% Above Capacity: Report” HERE)

Rand Paul ‘Not So Sure There’s a Difference’ Between Speaker Johnson and Democrats: ‘Completely Changed’

Sen. Rand Paul said House Speaker Mike Johnson has “completely changed” his conservative principles since taking the gavel and ripped the speaker over his recent backing of a government surveillance program.

Paul (R-Ky.) — who has rarely criticized Johnson — excoriated the speaker during an interview on Fox News’ “Sunday Morning Futures,” suggesting he may be no different than the Democrats.

“People have to be strong in their convictions. He was seen as a conservative before he came to the speakership,” Paul said. “He’s completely changed and lost all his principles on the idea that we shouldn’t spy on Americans without a warrant.”

“Johnson hasn’t held his ground. He has power. He has a majority. Use the power of the purse, Speaker Johnson. Do something to make us think you are different than the Democrats, but so far, I don’t see a lot of difference.”

Last week, Johnson rankled hardliners within the Republican Party by wrangling legislation through the House of Representatives to reauthorize the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act Section 702 warrantless surveillance authority for two more years. (Read more from “Rand Paul ‘Not So Sure There’s a Difference’ Between Speaker Johnson and Democrats: ‘Completely Changed’” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

House Speaker Mike Johnson Will Push Aid for Israel, Ukraine

House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) said he will be pushing aid for Israel and Ukraine this week as part of a national security package he has been working on for several months.

“The Republican speaker has sat for two months on a $95 billion supplemental package that would send support to the U.S. allies, as well as provide humanitarian aid for civilians in Ukraine and Gaza and funding to replenish U.S. weapons provided to Taiwan,” noted the Associated Press (AP). . .

“In anticipation of the attack, Israel’s Home Front Command canceled school for the next two days and ordered demonstrations in favor of the hostages still in Gaza — a Saturday night tradition in much of the country — to disperse. Other large gatherings were also banned,” it added.

Speaking with Fox News on Sunday, Johnson said that he and other Republicans “understand the necessity of standing with Israel,” adding that he would be advancing the aid this week.

“The details of that package are being put together right now,” he said. “We’re looking at the options and all these supplemental issues.” (Read more from “House Speaker Mike Johnson Will Push Aid for Israel, Ukraine” HERE)

The U.S. Is Basically Facing World War III — But Biden & Co. Aren’t Acting Like It

Gen. Omar Bradley is often credited with the saying, “Amateurs talk strategy. Professionals talk logistics.” The Biden administration does neither.

In September 2022, we argued that Russian President Vladimir Putin’s “Arsenals of Evil” — North Korea and Iran — couldn’t help the Kremlin retrieve its faltering position in Ukraine. . .

The two rogue states, each as anti-American as it gets, are providing Putin with drones, artillery and cruise missiles to defeat the United States and our NATO allies in Ukraine, all while pursuing their nuclear weapons programs unabated.

To underscore the extent to which America has fallen behind, Gen. Michael E. Kurilla, head of US Central Command, testified before Congress that “the Russians are firing five times as many artillery shells as the Ukrainians.” . . .

Russia is outproducing the US and NATO — churning out 250,000 artillery munitions per month, while NATO’s artillery coalition, led by France and the Czech Republic, is forced to scrounge on the open market to secure a one-time purchase of 800,000 rounds. (Read more from “The U.S. Is Basically Facing World War III — But Biden & Co. Aren’t Acting Like It” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Gordon Ramsay’s Pub Taken Over by Squatters: ‘Absolute Nightmare Scenario’

Gordon Ramsay once said he doesn’t “run restaurants that are out of control” — but that’s apparently not the case at one of his London eateries.

A swarm of squatters have shacked up inside the celebrity chef’s $16.1 million pub — using Ramsay’s own kitchen appliances to barricade themselves inside, according to a report.

Shocking photographs taken by The Sun show the “professional squatters” holed up inside York & Albany pub, which the “Hell’s Kitchen” host was about to sign over to new partners in a multi-million dollar deal.

One person was seen barefoot and sprawled across on a black leather sofa inside the restaurant, with their personal belongings and debris, including empty wine bottles, strewn across the floor.

What appears to be a filthy plush dog toy is seen tossed on the floor near the swanky front bar that months earlier had been adorned with fresh flowers and pricey cocktails. (Read more from “Gordon Ramsay’s Pub Taken Over by Squatters: ‘Absolute Nightmare Scenario’” HERE)

Trump, Johnson Link Arms in a Move to Require Proof of Citizenship to Vote

House Speaker Mike Johnson and former President Donald Trump on Friday projected unity and vowed to push election integrity legislation requiring every voter to prove they are a U.S. citizen.

Speaking at a joint press conference at Mr. Trump’s Mar-A-Lago estate, they said something must be done to ensure the nation’s elections are on the up-and-up and to stop illegal immigrants from casting ballots that could swing elections.

“We cannot wait for widespread fraud to occur,” Mr. Johnson said.

The Lousiana Republican said a vote on the measure would show voters where elected leaders stand on the issue.

“You will see Republicans stand for election integrity,” he said. “Democrats are going to have to go on the record.” (Read more from “Trump, Johnson Link Arms in a Move to Require Proof of Citizenship to Vote” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr