Return of the Pronoun Police: Elon Musk’s X/Twitter Reinstates Rules Against Misgendering, ‘Deadnaming’

Elon Musk’s platform X/Twitter has reinstated woke rules against “misgendering” and “deadnaming” transgender people after dropping the rules to great fanfare last year.

Ars Technica reports that X/Twitter recently updated its abuse and harassment policy page to include a new section explaining its rules against intentionally using the wrong pronouns for a person or referring to them by a name they no longer use — called “deadnaming” by woke LGBT radicals. The new “Use of Prior Names and Pronouns” section states that X/Twitter will “reduce the visibility of posts” that incorrectly gender a person or use their old name rather than their new one adopted during transition.

This move comes after X/Twitter dropped its longstanding prohibition on deadnaming and misgendering of transgender users back in April 2023. At the time, GLAAD CEO Sarah Kate Ellis criticized the change as “the latest example of just how unsafe the company is for users and advertisers alike” under the ownership of Elon Musk, who has a history of liking and sharing anti-trans content.

Under the updated policy, X/Twitter will take action when it hears directly from the target of the misgendering or deadnaming, “given the complexity of determining whether such a violation has occurred.” GLAAD senior director Jenni Olson told Ars this unfairly places the burden on targets to report their own abuse. However, she acknowledged that explicit policies against deadnaming and misgendering are preferable to vague ones that leave violators unsure if they’re breaking rules. (Read more from “Return of the Pronoun Police: Elon Musk’s X/Twitter Reinstates Rules Against Misgendering, ‘Deadnaming’” HERE)

After Years of Denials, Hunter Biden Finally Acknowledged Joe Was ‘The Big Guy’ in $5M China Deal; Biden Only Remembers One Thing About Meetings He ‘Can’t Recall’

By New York Post. At long last, first son Hunter Biden affirmed during his Wednesday impeachment inquiry deposition that his father, Joe, was “the big guy” referenced in an email about a business deal with a Chinese state-linked energy firm that yielded millions for Biden family members and other associates, more than three years after The Post broke the story — but rejected the notion that the president was ever penciled in for a 10% stake.

The deposition represents the first time the 54-year-old Hunter has admitted that his former business partner James Gilliar was referring to Joe Biden when he raised the prospect on May 13, 2017, of the first son holding a 10% stake in the lucrative joint venture involving CEFC China Energy “for the big guy.”

“I truly don’t know what the hell that James was talking about,” the first son said when asked about the reference, according to a transcript released Thursday.

“All I know is … what actually happened.”

The email, found on Hunter Biden’s abandoned laptop, was first reported by The Post in October 2020 as part of a bombshell series of reports on the first son’s influence-peddling schemes. (Read more from “After Years of Denials, Hunter Biden Finally Acknowledged Joe Was ‘The Big Guy’ in $5M China Deal” HERE)

__________________________________________________

Hunter Biden Only Remembers One Thing About Meetings He ‘Can’t Recall,’ And It’s That His Dad Wasn’t Involved

By Daily Caller. President Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, noted that he could not recall information about his business dealings at least 29 times during a closed-door deposition with House Republicans Wednesday. What he could remember, as he explained to members of Congress, was that his dad was not involved in any of his foreign business ventures.

Hunter Biden appeared for a closed-door deposition with the House Oversight Committee as part of House Republicans’ impeachment inquiry into his father. The first son agreed to testify in front of Congress after previously defying a subpoena in January. Hunter Biden repeatedly appeared to contradict himself throughout the testimony and seemed to have a faulty memory.

Despite having the president’s son behind closed-doors, the transcript failed to produce any significant, new lines of inquiry for Republicans desperate to find a smoking gun in the palm of the president.

“I am here today to provide the committees with the one uncontestable fact that should end the false premise of this inquiry: I did not involve my father in my business, not while I was a practicing lawyer, not in my investments or transactions, domestic or international, not as a board member, and not as an artist, never,” Biden said in his opening statement before going on to note that he “did not recall” information about certain business meetings. . .

Other lapses and contradictions in Hunter Biden’s deposition centered around foreign business affairs, the transcript shows. Hunter Biden claimed that he never “fully read” an email sent to him from James Gilliar, who detailed the equity structure of the Oneida Holdings joint venture with CEFC, a Chinese Energy company, the testimony shows. In the email, according to the committee, Gillar appeared to suggest that Hunter hold 10% equity for “the big guy.” (Read more from “Hunter Biden Only Remembers One Thing About Meetings He ‘Can’t Recall,’ And It’s That His Dad Wasn’t Involved” HERE)

Trump Says He Spoke to Laken Riley’s Parents, Bashes Biden for Not ‘Saying Her Name’

Former President Donald Trump said he spoke with the parents of murdered nursing student Laken Riley Thursday while visiting Eagle Pass, Texas.

Trump visited the illegal immigration hotspot Thursday while President Joe Biden was in Brownsville, Texas, to give remarks on the border situation. During his remarks, Trump ripped Biden for not mentioning Riley, whose alleged killer, Jose Antonio Ibarra, an immigrant from Venezuela who crossed the U.S.-Mexico border illegally, was arrested by University of Georgia police Saturday and charged with murdering the 22-year-old nursing student.

“Just one week ago, a beautiful 22-year-old nursing student from Georgia was barbarically attacked, almost unrecognizable while she was out on her morning run. She was on a morning run,” Trump said. “She was a beautiful young woman, she was a great person, best nursing student there was. I spoke to her parents yesterday, they’re incredible people that are devastated beyond belief. She was beautiful in so many ways and brutally assaulted, horrifically beaten, kidnapped and savagely murdered.”

“The monster charged in her death is an illegal alien migrant who was let into our country and released into our communities by crooked Joe Biden,” Trump continued. “He is crooked, I took the name away from Hillary because she’s no longer relevant. I guess she was terrible, but what he’s doing is just unbelievable… Joe Biden will never say Laken Riley’s name, but we will say it and we will remember we’re not going to forget her.” (Read more from “Trump Says He Spoke to Laken Riley’s Parents, Bashes Biden for Not ‘Saying Her Name'” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Air Force Academy Highlights Transgender Officer at Leadership Summit

The United States Air Force Academy showcased a transgender-identifying activist and military service member who seeks to embed far-left gender ideology in the armed forces for a speech on leadership and inclusion.

Lieutenant Colonel Bree Fram, an engineer with the United States Space Force and activist for transgenderism in the military, spoke at the National Character and Leadership Symposium, the theme of which was “Embrace Culture, Empower People.” The military official states that he is a co-leader of the Department of the Air Force LGBTQ+ Initiatives Team, which he says is “dedicated to eliminating barriers to LGBTQ+ military service in the Air and Space Force.”

Fram was introduced at the Air Force Academy event as “one of the highest-ranking out transgender officers in the United States military” and a “featured speaker on leadership, diversity, and inclusion.” He is also an activist on behalf of transgenderism, previously serving as the president of SPARTA, “a non-profit that advocates and educates about transgender military service.”

“Inclusion takes action, inclusion requires asking, inclusion requires understanding, and it is more work, it is a lot more work for a leader but I need you to be willing to do it,” Fram said to the crowd while wearing a patch on his uniform bearing a rainbow flag. “In the future, we are going to fight and win war with brain power, and if those brains happen to be in a trans body … you should want them serving alongside you. Because they might be the ones that revolutionize the way we fight in space, in cyber or in any other domain of war.” (Read more from “Air Force Academy Highlights Transgender Officer at Leadership Summit” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Armed and Dangerous: Alec Baldwin Used Gun as ‘A Pointing Stick’ in ‘Rust’ Set Footage Shown at Hannah Gutierrez-Reed Trial, Veteran Armorer Says

Alec Baldwin used a gun as “a pointing stick” while on the set of “Rust” and rushed the film’s armorer to reload his weapon for a second take, according to behind-the-scenes production footage.

The clips taken during the filming of the country western — before the tragic Oct. 21, 2021, on-set fatal shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins — were played for the first time during the involuntary manslaughter trial against armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed on Thursday.

Baldwin rapidly fires blanks from a pistol after busting through a wooden shed before the director yells “Cut” in one scene shown to jurors. Immediately the actor wanted to do a second take.

“One more, one more, one more!” he shouts. “Right away, right away! Let’s reload. Here we go, c’mon!”

Gutierrez-Reed, 26, can then be seen hurriedly reloading the weapon with blanks from a fanny pack as Baldwin complains that they should have had a second loaded and ready to go. (Read more from “Armed and Dangerous: Alec Baldwin Used Gun as ‘A Pointing Stick’ in ‘Rust’ Set Footage Shown at Hannah Gutierrez-Reed Trial, Veteran Armorer Says” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Judge Holds Ex-Fox Reporter in Contempt for Not Divulging Sources

U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper has held renowned investigative journalist Catherine Herridge in civil contempt Thursday, Associated Press (AP) reported.

The decision comes after Herridge’s refusal to reveal her confidential source behind a Fox News investigative series, according to AP. The stories in question shed light on Yanpin Chen, a Chinese American scientist who was investigated by the FBI but never charged. Cooper sanctioned Herridge to a daily fine of $800 to enforce compliance.

However, this penalty is on hold to allow Herridge time to appeal. Cooper acknowledged the vital role of a free press and the necessity of confidential sources in journalism, the outlet stated. Yet, he emphasized the court’s duty to uphold legal standards and maintain its authority.

“Herridge and many of her colleagues in the journalism community may disagree with that decision and prefer that a different balance be struck, but she is not permitted to flout a federal court’s order with impunity,” wrote Cooper, AP reported. (Read more from “Judge Holds Ex-Fox Reporter in Contempt for Not Divulging Sources” HERE)

Groundbreaking Study Links These Popular Foods to 32 Harmful Health Conditions

In a significant breakthrough, a comprehensive peer-reviewed study, considered the largest of its kind, has uncovered alarming connections between ultra-processed foods (UPFs) and 32 harmful health conditions. Published in the British Medical Journal (BMJ), the study reveals a direct association between the consumption of UPFs and heightened risks of cancer, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and overall mortality.

Conducted as a systematic meta-analysis, the study involved experts from renowned institutions, including Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and Sorbonne University in France. Analyzing findings from 14 meta-analysis studies published over the past three years, incorporating 45 distinct pooled analyses, the research offers a comprehensive examination of the health impacts associated with UPF consumption.

The study relies on the definition of “ultra-processed foods” as outlined in the Nova food classification system. Unlike processed foods, which include primary plant or animal substances with added culinary ingredients, UPFs are characterized as industrial composites often created through chemical manipulation and extracted substances from foods.

The global shift towards UPFs is evident, with the study noting that the present share of dietary energy derived from ultra-processed foods ranges from 42% to 58% in countries like Australia and the United States. These foods, found in almost every grocery store aisle, encompass items such as packaged snacks, soft drinks, instant noodles, sweetened cereals, and ready-made meals.

Researchers discovered consistent associations between UPF exposure and 32 adverse health outcomes. These include all-cause mortality, cancer-related deaths, cardiovascular diseases, mental disorders, obesity, hypertension, and type 2 diabetes. Notably, certain adverse health outcomes maintained statistical significance even when a more stringent threshold was applied.

The study highlighted “convincing” evidence indicating that higher UPF exposure is linked to a roughly 50% increase in cardiovascular-related death, a 48-53% higher risk of anxiety and mental disorders, and a 12% increased risk of diabetes.

In a corresponding editorial in BMJ, Brazilian academics emphasized the engineered desirability of UPFs, likening them to addictive substances. The editorial suggests national dietary guidelines cautioning against UPF consumption, restrictions on sales near educational and healthcare institutions, and regulation of UPF marketing as potential strategies to address the health risks associated with ultra-processed foods.

Photo credit: Flickr

Trump at Texas Border: ‘This is a Joe Biden Invasion’

Former President Donald J. Trump visited the small Texas border town of Eagle Pass on Thursday, offering his assessment of the current border situation. Trump began by describing the horrible murder of Laken Riley, a nursing student at the University of Georgia at Athens. The former President blamed the murder of Riley and other crime victims on what he referred to as the “Joe Biden Invasion.”

Trump’s remarks included details concerning his plan to regain control of the border as he lamented the deliberate destruction of the most secure border in history. The destruction occurred on January 21, 2021, with President Joe Biden canceling the former president’s strict and successful border policies. Trump’s statement described his assessment of the border, saying, “Three years ago, we had the most secure border in history, people weren’t coming because they knew they couldn’t get in, we weren’t promising free education, free medical, free everything.”

Trump went on to tout the progress towards securing the border under his administration, saying, “We ended catch and release, we built 571 miles of border wall, much more than I promised I would build.” Trump added, “We purchased another 200 miles (of wall materials), and they sold that — much of it for five cents on the dollar.”

Trump went on to describe the removal policies canceled President Biden’s watch, including “Remain in Mexico,” Asylum Cooperative Agreements (ACA’s) to speed asylum adjudication while migrants wait in Central American northern triangle countries, and the Title 42 COVID-19 expulsion mechanism. (Read more from “Trump at Texas Border: ‘This is a Joe Biden Invasion’” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Hollywood Celebrities Freak as SCOTUS Takes Up Trump Immunity Case: ‘F**k The Supreme Court’

The day after the Supreme Court ruled that it would take up former President Donald Trump’s immunity case, Hollywood celebrities appear to have received their marching orders — to smear and delegitimize the court in the mind of the American public.

With alarming ferocity, Hollywood stars are trying to gin up popular outrage, using the ruling as an opportunity to push the Democrats’ agenda of packing the court and singling out Justice Clarence Thomas for more political persecution.

“Fuck the Supreme Court,” wrote Ellen Barkin.

“Thomas needs to be in jail,” rocker Steven van Zandt posted. . .

On Wednesday, the Supreme Court granted former President Donald Trump’s request to decide if he is immune from criminal prosecution for acts taken during his time in office. The ruling represents a significant blow to Special Counsel Jack Smith’s case since it would mean the trial potentially wouldn’t happen until after the November election.

(Read more from “Hollywood Celebrities Freak as SCOTUS Takes Up Trump Immunity Case: ‘F**k The Supreme Court’” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Poll Reveals American’s Top Worry: Border Invasion

A recent Gallup poll has unveiled a notable spike in concerns among Americans regarding illegal immigration, with a record-high 55 percent considering it a “critical threat” to the nation’s vital interests. The survey, conducted from February 1-20 and encompassing more than 1,000 participants, sheds light on the public’s growing apprehensions over the issue.

The poll indicates an 8 percentage point increase from the previous year, with more than half of U.S. respondents expressing heightened concerns about the impact of “large numbers of immigrants entering the United States illegally.” This surpasses the highest recorded percentage of 50 percent in 2004.

Immigration has now taken the forefront as the most commonly cited problem, with 28 percent of participants naming it as the most important issue facing the U.S. This represents a notable shift from the prior month when only 20 percent expressed similar sentiments.

Gallup’s findings showcase a historic low in congressional job approval, plummeting to 12 percent. This dissatisfaction is further compounded by concerns over the government’s handling of immigration issues.

President Joe Biden’s approval rating on immigration has hit a personal low at 28 percent. Additional polls from CBS and Harvard CAPS/Harris also underscore declining approval for the administration’s approach to border security.

The poll coincided with the setback of a controversial border “reform” bill in the U.S. Senate, facing criticism for its perceived ulterior motives and failing to secure broad support.

A notable development amidst rising immigration concerns is the support of half of the nation’s governors for Texas Governor Greg Abbott’s initiatives to counter the surge of illegal immigrants. The Biden administration has faced backlash for its response to the border situation.

President Biden, grappling with declining poll numbers, reportedly placed responsibility on governors during a meeting, asserting that his hands are tied in addressing the border crisis.

Ira Mehlman, media director for the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), criticized Biden’s response, contending that the president had the authority to address security concerns at the southwest border from the moment he assumed office.