Biden Authorizes Pentagon to Deploy 3K Reserve Troops to Europe in Response to Ukraine War

President Biden on Thursday authorized US military leaders to deploy as many as 3,000 reservists to Europe in response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

The order is intended to augment US troops already overseas as part of Operation Atlantic Resolve, the president said in a statement released by the White House after his five day trip to Europe, during which he attended a two-day NATO summit in Lithuania.

“By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America . . . I hereby determine that it is necessary to augment the active Armed Forces of the United States for the effective conduct of Operation Atlantic Resolve in and around the United States European Command’s area of responsibility,” the 80-year-old president said.

Biden’s order specifies that no more than 3,000 total members can be activated at any one time, of whom no more than 450 may be members of the Individual Ready Reserve, which consists of trained soldiers who have previously served in the Active Army or Selected Reserve.

Operation Atlantic Resolve is an initiative that was launched in the wake of Russia’s 2014 invasion of the Crimean Peninsula, designed to enhance the deterrence posture along the eastern flank of the US’s NATO allies. (Read more from “Biden Authorizes Pentagon to Deploy 3K Reserve Troops to Europe in Response to Ukraine War” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

100 Female Track Athletes Have Been Displaced by One Trans-Identifying Male in This State

West Virginia officials have filed a legal motion asking a court to reinstate a state law that blocked males from participating on female sports teams, saying that one boy who identified as a girl had displaced 100 female track and field athletes.

On Tuesday, attorneys for the state of West Virginia and the Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) filed a motion with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, asking the court to suspend an injunction that has partially blocked a law restricting athletic team participation on sports teams by sex.

“When you ignore biological reality and allow males to compete on girls’ sports teams, girls are harmed and denied athletic opportunities — even in middle school,” said ADF Senior Counsel Christiana Kiefer. “This male athlete’s athletic success demonstrates that the injunction against West Virginia’s women’s sports law is undeniably causing multiple girls to suffer, and we urge the 4th Circuit to take immediate action and restore a fair playing field for female athletes.”

The motion comes after an injunction was placed against the 2021 law after Becky Pepper-Jackson, a 12-year-old male who identifies as female, and the American Civil Liberties Union sued the state, saying that the law violated the 14th Amendment. (Read more from “100 Female Track Athletes Have Been Displaced by One Trans-Identifying Male in This State” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

GOP Rep. Says Cocaine Not First Drug Discovered at White House Under Biden

Colorado GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert said on Thursday that cocaine was not the first drug discovered at the White House during the Biden administration, according to a new report.

Boebert said that marijuana had been found at the White House twice since 2022, according to Just the News. Boebert’s comments come after the Secret Service announced that it had closed the probe into the cocaine found at the White House without any suspects.

“This is the third time that drugs have been found on the White House property since 2022, and we did not even hear about the marijuana,” she said. “I certainly did not hear about the marijuana that was found in 2022, two times, and now there’s cocaine on the property. So everything they do is to move along to the next story. They know there will be another Biden crime crisis.”

NBC News reported that uniformed division officers had previously found marijuana possessed by two White House guests. The marijuana was reportedly in quantities under Washington, D.C.’s legal limit, and the visitors were still instructed not to bring marijuana back to the White House. (Read more from “GOP Rep. Says Cocaine Not First Drug Discovered at White House Under Biden” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

‘Joe Biden Will Have to Answer’: Comer Promises to Reveal Identity of Whistleblower X

House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer (R-KY) said next week’s IRS whistleblower hearing will raise “questions that Joe Biden will have to answer” while revealing a witness’s identity.

“The American people are going to get to watch live both whistleblowers, including ‘Whistleblower X,’ who has never revealed his identity. He’ll do that the day of our hearing, and everyone can see,” Comer told Hannity.

“We have specific substantive questions about many of these wires, about many of these shell companies, about potential money laundering, about potential racketeering, and I believe that these two witnesses are going to be able to anchor those questions,” he added.

Comer said he expects the whistleblowers’ testimony will make for a “very productive” step forward in the Oversight Committee’s investigation into the alleged “criminal bribery scheme” between Hunter Biden, then-Vice President Joe Biden, and “foreign national” Mykola Zlochevsky, the Ukrainian owner of Burisma. (Read more from “‘Joe Biden Will Have to Answer’: Comer Promises to Reveal Identity of Whistleblower X” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

House Tees up NDAA Fight Over Pentagon’s Woke Policies, Military Abortion, Ukraine Cluster Bombs

The annual Pentagon policy bill is back on track after a House panel advanced a slew of hot-button amendments, signaling that House Speaker Kevin McCarthy struck a deal with hardline conservatives.

The House Rules Committee worked into the wee hours of Thursday morning to hammer out a final round of amendments for the National Defense Authorization Act that sets up a vote on the House floor.

Of the more than 1,200 amendments left to parse through, the House panel advanced 80. In all, 70 are from GOP members, four from Democrats, and the rest are bipartisan.

Most of the 80 amendments were drafted by the House Freedom Caucus, with some threatening to divide the Republican conference and guaranteeing a showdown with the Democrat-run Senate.

The amendments include ending the Pentagon’s policy of paying transportation for service members to get out-of-state abortions, halting defense money going toward transgender-related medical services, and gutting equity, diversion and inclusivity training in the military. (Read more from “House Tees up NDAA Fight Over Pentagon’s Woke Policies, Military Abortion, Ukraine Cluster Bombs” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Poll: Most Republicans Say Donald Trump Is the ‘Strongest Candidate’

Most Republicans believe former President Donald Trump is the “strongest candidate” for the party in 2024, the latest survey from the Economist/YouGov found.

The survey, taken July 8-11, 2023, asked respondents, “Do you think that Donald Trump is the strongest candidate that Republicans could nominate for president in 2024?”

Most Republicans, 55 percent, expressed the belief that Trump is, indeed, the strongest candidate the GOP could nominate for president in the upcoming presidential election. Another 30 percent said he is not, and 15 percent remained unsure.

Notably, the results from this week’s survey represent a one-point increase from the 54 percent of Republicans who said, “Yes,” Trump is the strongest candidate, in May.

That coincides with over half of Republicans, 52 percent, who choose Trump as their candidate of choice in the crowded 2024 presidential field. That figure drops to 48 percent among registered Republicans and independents who lean Republican. Even so, Trump is still 26 points ahead of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who garnered 22 percent support in this particular survey among registered Republicans and independents who lean Republican.

(Read more from “Poll: Most Republicans Say Donald Trump Is the ‘Strongest Candidate’” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Over-The-Counter Birth Control Pills Coming to a Store Near You in 2024

Women nationwide will no longer need a doctor’s prescription for birth control pills — by next year, they will be able to pick them up off the shelves at any drug store.

On Thursday the Food Drug and Administration (FDA) approved the hormonal birth control pill Opill for over-the-counter (OTC) sale, the New York Times reported. By early 2024, the United States will join over 100 different countries that offer over-the-counter birth control pills, NBC News noted.

“This is a monumental decision,” Dr. Melissa Simon, a professor of clinical gynecology at Northwestern University, told NBC.

The move has long been supported by health organizations like the American Medical Association, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, and the American Academy of Family Physicians as a way to remove barriers to accessing contraceptives for women of all ages and socioeconomic backgrounds.

Following the overturning of Roe v. Wade, ending a federal “right” to abortion, the hope is that OTC birth control pills will help reduce the rate of unintended pregnancies. Currently, 50 percent of pregnancies in the United States are unintended, according to the Times. (Read more from “Over-The-Counter Birth Control Pills Coming to a Store Near You in 2024” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Bromance: Years of Emails Between Jeffery Epstein and JPMorgan Exec Show Cozy Relationship

Former JPMorgan Exec Jes Staley described his friendship with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein as “profound.”

Years of email correspondence between Staley and the late Epstein have been scrutinized as Staley faces lawsuits from JPMorgan and the British regulatory probe, Bloomberg reported.

Two months after Jeffrey Epstein was registered as a sex offender in 2011, Staley wrote him an email expressing his gratitude for their friendship.

“You have paid a price for what has been accused,” Staley wrote. “But we know what you have done for us. And we count you as one of our deepest friends. And most honest of people.”

Staley worked for JPMorgan for more than 30 years until departing in 2013, and Epstein had been a client of the bank since 1998. In 2004, Epstein helped Staley land a $7 billion stake in a hedge fund known as Highbridge Capital Management. This boosted Staley’s career at the bank. (Read more from “Bromance: Years of Emails Between Jeffery Epstein and JPMorgan Exec Show Cozy Relationship” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Veteran Feds Cry Foul on White House Cocaine Probe: ‘This Is a Cover-Up’

The conclusion of an 11-day Secret Service probe that failed to find which White House staff member or visitor left cocaine in the West Wing looks like a whitewash, former federal investigators told The Post Thursday.

“This is a cover-up. How can they say they have no leads?” one ex-agent said. “It is a restricted area and they have a log book, you don’t have to be Columbo to figure out who was there.

“Suppose it was anthrax,” the same person raged. “Would they have the same answer?”

“We have a tale of two countries,” another former fed said. “They identified hundreds of people who were in the Capitol building on Jan. 6 after an extensive investigation, but they don’t know who left something in an 8 x 10 room in the White House?”

The Secret Service concluded its inquiry Thursday without identifying a suspect, citing “a lack of physical evidence” after FBI forensic testing yielded no fingerprints and insufficient DNA evidence. (Read more from “Veteran Feds Cry Foul on White House Cocaine Probe: ‘This Is a Cover-Up’” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Hunter Informant Charges Make Anti-Biden Case ‘Stronger’: McCarthy

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) argued Thursday that the unsealing of an indictment against a key informant in the Hunter Biden investigation only buttresses Republicans’ case against the first son.

Democrats have needled the GOP over the indictment of Gal Luft on eight counts — including acting as an unregistered foreign agent of Beijing — by suggesting Republicans got taken by a fugitive out to save himself by leveling wild accusations against the first family.

“It wouldn’t undermine that case because if you extrapolate that even further, the Justice Department went after him,” McCarthy told reporters. “Well, Hunter Biden received more money from the same foreign CEFC company than this informant did.

“So it would only make the case stronger that the government didn’t look at the Hunter Biden [situation].”

McCarthy’s assertion echoes that of House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer (R-Ky.) who highlighted the first son’s dealings with the Chinese energy conglomerate after the Luft indictment was unsealed in the Southern District of New York Monday. (Read more from “Hunter Informant Charges Make Anti-Biden Case ‘Stronger’: McCarthy” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.