[Editors Note: The following list was sent to us last night by conservative researcher Steve Baldwin. It is sure to spark controversy, and I wanted to bring it to your attention.]
Newt Gingrich is a political chameleon that has inexplicably managed to fool conservatives for 30 years. He is a globalist to the bone and supports every opportunity to erode American sovereignty and the constitution. He disguises his statist positions with an abundance of flip-flopping and pandering as needed. He has a long history of expanding the Federal Government and deficit spending. He is the very definition of an Establishment Insider.
– Card-Carrying member of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), a globalist think tank
– “Distinguished member” of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies (neocon, pro-interventionism group)
– Member of Bohemian Grove
– Member of the World Future Society
– Voted for NAFTA, a blatant circumvention of Congress’ exclusive power to regulate commerce with foreign nations. Took power from American people and put it into the hands of unelected Binational panels, made mostly of foreigners.
– Supported GATT
– Supported WTO
– Continually supported increased federal spending.
– Supported the National Endowment for the Arts;
– Voted for the creation of the Federal Dept. of Education in 1979 under Jimmy Carter.
– Big supporter of Foreign Aid — even to Soviets through the Export-Import Bank.
– In one year (1994-1995) Gingrich voted for nearly $45 billion in foreign aid.
– He helped push through Federally-funded loan guarantees to Communist China.