Wendy Davis Tweets A Pic Of ‘Supporters…’ Turns Out They’re College Republicans

Democratic Texas gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis has landed herself in yet another embarrassing situation when she tweeted a picture she claimed were her supporters… but turned out to be a group of Virginia College Republicans.

Davis posted what would appear to be an innocuous tweet on October 21:

But one of the comments on the tweet complained. “This is a picture of me and I am a proud conservative,” tweeted college student Lauren McCue, “Idk how you got it. Please take down immediately.”

Read more from this story HERE.

Illustration to be Handed Out at Public Schools: Human Bible Sexually Assaulting Woman

Photo Credit: AP[Editor’s Note: This story includes a lewd image–embedded after the last paragraph–that some readers may find disturbing.]

The Freedom From Religion Foundation, an atheist group, is planning to hand out in several Florida public high schools a pamphlet that features an illustration on its cover depicting a humanized Bible sexually assaulting a young woman.

The pamphlet is entitled: “An X-Rated Book: Sex and Obscenity in the Bible.”

The front cover of the small purple booklet is illustrated with a cartoon Bible–which has arms, legs, face and drooling mouth–sexually assaulting a screaming woman as she tries to escape its grasp.

According to a news release posted on its website, FFRF plans to distribute the pamphlet, along with several other brochures and a few books, in 11 public high schools in Orange County, Florida, in January. Orange County is in central part of the state and includes the city of Orlando.

The materials will be available at the high schools of the Orange County Public Schools (OCPS) on National Religious Freedom Day, which is Jan. 16. Each year, on this day, the OCPS allows outside religious groups to set up a table with pre-approved literature—including Bibles–that students can take if they choose.

Read more from this story HERE.

Feds Getting Ready for Executive Action on Immigration

Photo Credit: WNDBy SUZANNE GAMBOA.

León Rodríguez, the new head of Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), recalled how he was put on the “wait list” and eventually denied admission to Georgetown Law School, where he spoke Tuesday.

He tried to persuade the school’s officials to let him in and was told he was lucky to be on a wait list. The story is a metaphor for immigration policy, he said.

“What we do in immigration policy is decide who we want to admit to the U.S. and who we don’t,” he said.

Now Rodríguez is heading Citizenship and Immigration Services, a part of the Department of Homeland Security.

Read more from this story HERE.

______________________________________________________________

Green cards on the table

By THE WASHINGTON TIMES.

The White House intended to remain silent about its plans for immigration. Revealing a scheme to open the floodgates of amnesty would be disastrous on the eve of the critical midterm elections. But this is the gang that can’t shoot straight.

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services on Friday threw open the door to as many as 100,000 Haitians, who will now move into the United States without a visa. Sen. Chuck Grassley, Iowa Republican, rightly and accurately denounced enabling Haitians awaiting a U.S. visa to enter the country and legally apply for work permits as “an irresponsible overreach of the executive branch’s authority.”

That was just the beginning. The immigration agency earlier this month had solicited a printer able to handle a “surge” of 9 million green cards “to support possible future immigration-reform initiative requirements.” In an ordinary year, about 1 million green cards are issued, and over the life of this contract the company is expected to produce up to 34 million cards, a figure representing an increase of the population of the United States by 10 percent.

Read more from this story HERE.

CONFUSION: U.S. Air Dropped Weapons to Islamic State by Accident (+video)

Photo Credit: YouTube At least one bundle of U.S. weapons airdropped in Syria appears to have fallen into the hands of ISIS, a dangerous misfire in the American mission to speed aid to Kurdish forces making their stand in Kobani.

An ISIS-associated YouTube account posted a new video online Tuesday entitled, “Weapons and munitions dropped by American planes and landed in the areas controlled by the Islamic State in Kobani.” The video was also posted on the Twitter account of “a3maq news,” which acts as an unofficial media arm of ISIS. The outfit has previously posted videos of ISIS fighters firing American made Howitzer cannons and seizing marijuana fields in Syria.

ISIS had broadly advertised its acquisition of a broad range of U.S.-made weapons during its rampage across Iraq. ISIS videos have showed its fighters driving U.S. tanks, MRAPs, Humvees. There are unconfirmed reports ISIS has stolen three fighter planes from Iraqi bases it conquered.

The authenticity of this latest video could not be independently confirmed, but the ISIS fighters in the video are in possession of a rich bounty of American hand grenades, rounds for small rockets, and other supplies that they will surely turn around and use on the Kurdish forces they are fighting in and around the Turkish border city.

Read more from this story HERE.

Peak America: Man Plays Star Spangled Banner With Gun (+video)

A man has managed to play the Star Spangled Banner with a Ruger 10/22 and a bunch of steel targets.

Video of the remarkable performance was posted to the YouTube account of the company that made the unique steel targets, Musical Targets, and has racked up more than 25,000 views since its debut.

Read more from this story HERE.

‘Bonkers’: Constitutional Experts Reply to Obama’s Belief that the Constitution Protects Gay ‘Marriage’

Photo Credit: Shutterstock.comAs one state after another sees their marriage protection laws fall to activist judges citing the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment as justification for redefining marriage, President Barack Obama has gone further than the Supreme Court, insisting there is a constitutional “right” to same-sex “marriage” in an interview with The New Yorker.

“Ultimately, I think the Equal Protection Clause does guarantee same-sex marriage in all 50 states,” Obama told the magazine. But he said he respects the Supreme Court for avoiding a final ruling on the issue, saying he sees their procrastination as a “strategic” move to allow public support for same-sex marriage to build before making a decision.

“[Y]ou know, courts have always been strategic,” Obama said. “There have been times where the stars were aligned and the Court, like a thunderbolt, issues a ruling like Brown v. Board of Education, but that’s pretty rare. And, given the direction of society, for the Court to have allowed the process to play out the way it has may make the shift less controversial and more lasting.”

He made a similar argument in a 2001 public radio interview, in which he endorsed judicial and executive activism.

But two constitutional scholars with the Ruth Institute Circle of Experts strongly disagree with the president’s assessment of the courts – and his assertion that the Constitution protects homosexual “marriage.”

Read more from this story HERE.

Obama: Let's Face It, These Vulnerable Democrats Support Me and My Agenda

Photo Credit: TownHallIn which the President of the United States serves up another damaging soundbyte on a platter for national Republicans. Several weeks ago, Barack Obama informed the nation that although he may not be on the ballot this fall, his policies most certainly are, in the persons of Democratic candidates. That remark birthed a flurry of GOP ads warning (accurately) that a vote for Democrats is an endorsement of an unpopular president. With two weeks remaining until election day, Obama expounded further on his political standing vis-a-vis vulnerable Democrats in an interview with Al Sharpton:

“The bottom line is, though, these are all folks who vote with me. They have supported my agenda in Congress, and they are on the right side [of issues]…these are folks who are strong allies and supporters of me.”

Read more from this story HERE.

Rwanda to Screen Visitors from United States, Spain for Ebola

Photo Credit: APBy MARY CHASTAIN.

On Tuesday, Rwanda announced all visitors from United States and Spain will be screened for Ebola. The new system was implemented just a few days after a New Jersey school banned two students from Ebola-free Rwanda.

“On October 19, the Rwandan Ministry of Health introduced new Ebola Virus Disease screening requirements,” said the US Embassy in Rwanda in a statement. “Visitors who have been in the United States or Spain during the last 22 days are now required to report their medical condition—regardless of whether they are experiencing symptoms of Ebola—by telephone by dialing 114 between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. for the duration of their visit to Rwanda (if less than 21 days), or for the first 21 days of their visit to Rwanda.”

The Embassy continued: “The Government of Rwanda screens each visitor entering Rwanda for symptoms of Ebola at its land borders and at the Kigali International Airport. The screening includes taking each visitor’s body temperature via a laser thermometer. Each visitor must also complete a detailed questionnaire concerning whether they have any symptoms of illness and where they have traveled in the past 22 days.”

There are no cases of Ebola in Rwanda. The country is 2,600 miles east of Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Guinea where the Ebola outbreak is the worst. Liberian Thomas Eric Duncan died of Ebola in Dallas, TX and two nurses tested positive for the disease after they treated him. Two missionaries in Spain died after they visited West Africa. A nurse recently tested positive.

Read more from this story HERE.

_________________________________________________________________

Freelance cameraman free of Ebola, can leave Nebraska hospital

By Ralph Ellis, Holly Yan and Ashley Fantz.

Freelance cameraman Ashoka Mukpo no longer has the Ebola virus in his bloodstream and will be allowed to leave Nebraska Medical Center, the hospital said Tuesday.

“Just got my results,” Mukpo tweeted. “3 consecutive days negative. Ebola free and feeling so blessed. I fought and won, with lots of help. Amazing feeling.”

The 33-year-old was working for NBC News when he tested positive for Ebola in Liberia. Mukpo was among a team working with Dr. Nancy Snyderman, the network’s chief medical correspondent.
Mukpo spent about two weeks at the hospital in Omaha, Nebraska. The hospital said he can head back home to Rhode Island on Wednesday.

“Recovering from Ebola is a truly humbling feeling,” the hospital quoted Mukpo as saying. “Too many are not as fortunate and lucky as I’ve been. I’m very happy to be alive.”

Read more from this story HERE.

Russia Prepares Militarization of Arctic

Photo Credit: CC/ NOAARussia has begun a large-scale militarization of the Arctic Ocean region, with a military command structure planned by 2017.

It comes after recent discoveries of oil and natural gas reserves under the ocean floor, and the possibility a potential Northern Sea Route — an alternative to the Suez Canal — could soon be established as global climate change causes melting of Arctic ice.

Former Soviet bases are being reactivated, a 6,000-soldier permanent military force will be established in the northwest Russia’s Murmansk region, and radar and guidance systems are planned in the area, the Russian news agency RIA Novosti reported.

Col. Oleg Salyukov said, “For the defense of national interests in the Arctic, a multiservice task force will be formed. A motorized rifle arctic brigade is now being formed in the Murmansk region. The second arctic brigade will be formed in 2016 and will be stationed in the Yamal-Nenets autonomous region,” a reference to the Arctic Circle area east of the Ural Mountains, RIA Novosti reported earlier this month.

Read more from this story HERE.

ISIS Massacred Every Man And Boy Over 15 In Muslim Town

Photo Credit: ReutersThe Islamic State in Iraq and Syria’s (ISIS) single bloodiest operation to date — the execution of over 700 Shaitat tribesman over a three day period in August — received little to no coverage from western media outlets, The Washington Post reports.

The massacre targeted all men and boys older than 15, and was in response to an uprising.

After years of rejecting the central Syrian government, the Shaitat tribe was forced to sign a July truce with ISIS after jihadist forces captured the massive supply of U.S. munitions stockpiled in the Iraqi city of Mosul.

When ISIS descended upon the Syrian town of Abu Hamam, “we realized we had no hope. We were surrounded. We wanted to save our people,” said one Shaitat fighter.

But the uneasy cease-fire between the Sunnis and ISIS’s extreme jihadist faction quickly decayed into violence.

Read more from this story HERE.