Citizen Journalist Kidnapped and Murdered Near Texas Border by Mexican Cartel

Photo Credit: BreitbartA citizen journalist in the border city of Reynosa, Mexico has fallen victim to the hands of the Gulf Cartel in the most brazen attempt to date to silence information about the worsening security situation on the Mexican side of the shared border with Texas.

Social media postings on Thursday morning mourned the passing of Maria Del Rosario Fuentes Rubio, a Reynosa doctor better known by her Twitter handle @Miut3.

Law enforcement sources in Tamaulipas, Mexico confirmed her kidnapping Wednesday afternoon and found her body overnight. Due to the early stages of her investigation authorities didn’t release details of the murder. Officials who spoke with Breitbart Texas said they are not only looking at social media but also at her work as a doctor and acquaintances before determining the motive for the murder.

On Thursday early morning the twitter handle @miut3 posted a farewell message identifying Fuentes by name, posting her picture and telling the community to remain quiet about Reynosa and not make her mistakes “you won’t get anything out of it” as well as warning other citizen journalists that criminals were on to them. The profile image of @Miut3 was changed from the Catwoman photo she always used to a photograph of Fuentes’ bloodied body.

Read more from this story HERE.

Judicial Watch: Fast and Furious AK-47 Used in Phoenix Assault

Government watchdog Judicial Watch said Thursday documents it obtained show an AK-47 rifle used in a gang-style assault in Phoenix last year was part of the Department of Justice’s botched Fast and Furious gunrunning operation.

In a statement, the group noted Iowa Republican Sen. Charles Grassley and California Republican Rep. Darryl Issa wrote to Deputy Attorney General James Cole, blasting the department for not providing Congress or the public with any information about the weapon.

Grassley is the ranking Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee, while Issa is the chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

“Based on the serial number [1977DX1654] from the police report obtained by Judicial
Watch and documents obtained during our Fast and Furious investigation, we can
confirm that the assault rifle recovered in the vehicle on July 30, 2013, was purchased by
Sean Christopher Stewart,” the lawmakers wrote.

During the controversial operation, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms allowed weapons from the United States to pass into the hands of gun smugglers so they could be traced to Mexican drug cartels. But instead, the release triggered violence that could be traced back to those weapons, critics charge.

Read more from this story HERE.

Twitter Blocked Campaign To Protect Pastors From Having To Hand Over Their Sermons and Emails To The Government

Photo Credit: APTwitter blocked a petition campaign Wednesday to protect Houston pastors from having to hand over to the city government all of their sermons and personal emails dealing with the issue of homosexuality.

The Christian organization Faith Driven Consumer’s Twitter hashtag campaign #HoustonWeHaveAProblem was censored by Twitter minutes after launching so that users could not Tweet the petition and a warning was placed on Twitter-based links to the petition website. The group’s previous campaign #iStandWithPhil defending Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson was also blocked by Twitter at one time.

Read more from this story HERE.

Beyond Bizarre! CDC Has a Zombie Apocalypse Training Manual

Photo Credit: CDCYou simply cannot make this stuff up. The accompanying photo is the cover page for a CDC publication called “Preparedness 101: Zombie Pandemic.” No doubt they thought they were being clever and creative, two words that are anathema to government bureaucrats. But yes, the CDC has a training manual using a “Zombie Pandemic” scenario. You know, because things like an Ebola pandemic are just too farfetched. Regardless. The guidance is the same. CDC recommends that:

*People distance themselves from anyone displaying symptoms
*Gather emergency supplies
*Make plans in case you are asked to evacuate
*Print out CDC’s Emergency Preparedness Kit

Wait a minute… something is wrong here. It’s not the same. Some of this actually makes sense. I mean, a preparedness kit, emergency supplies? Basic, but at least you can’t go wrong with it. Unlike what CDC has told us they think is best to “prepare” for Ebola, such as:

*Don’t restrict flights from affected nations
*Don’t restrict travel to affected nations
*Provide minimal, ineffective screening of passengers
*Send the 101st Airborne Division to Liberia to bag bodies
*On second thought, add the National Guard, just for good measure
*Don’t quarantine the Ebola-ravaged population, no, but we may have to quarantine U.S. troops!
*Don’t don heavy protective gear. All you need is some good gloves.
*Don’t restrict travel of exposed healthcare workers, let them travel with elevated temperature.

The thought of squandering the 101st Airborne, about 3,000 other soldiers, plus the Guard, is not merely insane, it is criminally negligent. These troops are not nurses or grave diggers! They have been fighting a battle rigged to lose thanks to Obama’s military “strategy.” And now to add insult to injury, Obama is putting them and the rest of the military, and by extension their families and our entire country at further direct risk of contracting and importing the disease.

Read more from this story HERE.

AIDS-Positive Alabama Pastor Who Slept with Congregants Banned from Church

Photo Credit: JAY REEVES / APA minister who confessed to having sex with church members and neglecting to tell them he had AIDS was temporarily banned from acting as pastor on Thursday.

Montgomery County Circuit Judge Charles Price issued a preliminary injunction, as sought by deacons and trustees of Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church. Price ruled that the Rev. Juan McFarland, 47, must turn in his church keys and his church Mercedes vehicle and then stay away from the church he led for 24 years.

Church members hugged and prayed after the ruling. “Now we’ve got the church back, and the healing can begin,” said Lois Caffey, a member for 21 years.

The judge scheduled a hearing Dec. 1 to decide whether to issue a permanent injunction.

Lee Sanford, chairman of the board of trustees, said the challenge now is to reunite the 170 active members of the congregation. “I’m confident with God’s help we will be able to do that,” he said.

Read more from this story HERE.

Attorney Denied Hearing Delay Appears with Baby

Photo Credit: AP / Stacy Ehrisman-MickleAn immigration judge in Atlanta denied an attorney’s request to delay a hearing that fell during her six-week maternity leave and then scolded her in front of a packed courtroom when she showed up with her 4-week-old strapped to her chest and the infant began to cry, the attorney said.

When Stacy Ehrisman-Mickle took on two young brothers as clients in early September, she immediately filed a request to postpone their next hearing, which was set for a month later, she said. In an order denying her request, Immigration Judge J. Dan Pelletier Sr. wrote, “No good cause. Hearing date set prior to counsel accepting representation.”

Reached by phone Thursday, Pelletier said immigration judges can’t make public comment and referred questions to the public affairs office of the Executive Office for Immigration Review, the branch of the Department of Justice that oversees immigration courts. That office said in an email it couldn’t comment on the judge’s action and that a complaint had been filed and was being processed.

Ehrisman-Mickle’s clients came to her in early July for a consultation, but they couldn’t afford to hire her right away, she said. They went to their first immigration court hearing on Sept. 2 without a lawyer and then came to Ehrisman-Mickle’s office with their mother four days later, on a Saturday, to hire her.

Ehrisman-Mickle told them she would take their case but that their next hearing on Oct. 7 fell during her maternity leave. She told them she’d have to file a motion to delay the hearing but that it shouldn’t be a problem because two other immigration judges had already granted similar motions based on letters from her doctor, she said.

Read more from this story HERE.

Threat of Extremist Attack in UK is Escalating, Say Police

Photo Credit: Jaime Turner / Rex FeaturesBritain’s most senior counter-terrorism officer has said that several plots this year to murder people on Britain’s streets “directed by or inspired by terrorism overseas” have already been disrupted, with police activity to prevent extremist attacks at its highest level for years.

Scotland Yard assistant commissioner Mark Rowley said Britain’s counter-terrorism network was battling increasing radicalisation via the internet, with fears that young British people are being brainwashed by material including depictions of beheadings, suicides, murder and torture.

About 50 people a week are being referred to deradicalisation programmes, the Guardian has been told. Activity to stop an attack was said by one source to be the highest since the aftermath of the 7 July 2005 attack on London’s transport system, with the threat level escalating as the year has worn on.

Rowley, head of specialist operations at Scotland Yard, has released one of the most comprehensive statements so far about the scale of the threat posed to Britain by the rise of Islamist extremism in Syria and Iraq, where Islamic State (Isis) has come to prominence and taunted the west with depictions of brutality using social media. “The volume, range and pace of counter-terrorism activity has undergone a step-change,” Rowley said.

Read more from this story HERE.

Hawaii Students Get Gift Cards for Participating in Controversial Sex-Ed Program

Photo Credit: Civil Beat / Creative CommonsMiddle school students who participated in a controversial sex education program in Hawaii were rewarded with gift cards from the University of Hawaii Center on Disability Studies.

The gift cards, valued at between $10 and $20 each, were issued to 11-, 12- and 13-year-olds who participate in Pono Choices. About $52,200 of a $5 million grant from the U.S. Office of Adolescent Health was used to buy the cards.

“The Pono Choices program provides gift cards to students who have taken the course as an incentive to complete student surveys,” said Donalyn Dela Cruz, a spokeswoman for the Hawaii State Department of Education. “Student opinion is the most powerful measure in the effectiveness of the program, and we support the efforts in seeking such feedback.”

The curriculum, developed by the University of Hawaii Center on Disability Studies, set off a firestorm over the past year. Some parents and lawmakers said the program, which taught children as young as age 11 about anal and homosexual sex, was inaccurate and inappropriate.

Read more from this story HERE.

Leaked DHS Document: 167,000 Convicted Criminal Aliens at Large in US

Photo Credit: BreitbartDeportations from the interior of the United States declined 34 percent this year from last, according to a new report from the Center for Immigration Studies, derived largely from an internal Department of Homeland Security document.

The CIS report released Wednesday and authored by the group’s director of policy studies, Jessica Vaughan, details the decline in immigration enforcement and reveals that there remain nearly 167,000 convicted criminal immigrants with final orders of removal still in the United States and “currently at large.”

“Prosecutorial discretion as practiced by the Obama administration has transformed immigration enforcement into a massive catch-and-release program that makes a joke of the law, fails to deter illegal settlement, and allows even illegal aliens who commit crimes to remain here,” Vaughan said Wednesday.

“These policies inflict real harm on Americans and legal immigrants,” she continued, “in the form of lost jobs, depressed wages, additional social services, and even lost lives. In addition, with the rise of ISIS and other terrorist groups around the world, our lax policies represent an unnecessary national security risk.”

Vaughn’s data originates from a Sept. 22 “Weekly Departures and Detention Report (WRD)”. The WRD, according to Vaugh’s footnote, is authored by the Statistical Tracking Unit of the Office of Enforcement and Removal Operations of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

Read more from this story HERE.

Statehouse Shootout: Pa. Lawmaker Exchanges Gunfire with Would-Be Robber

Photo Credit: APThey messed with the wrong lawmaker.

Two Pennsylvania state representatives escaped unharmed Tuesday night after they were involved in a shootout with a gunman who attempted to rob them near the state Capitol in Harrisburg.

State Rep. Marty Flynn, a former prison guard who’s licensed to carry a handgun, fired the shots after he and Rep. Ryan Bizzarro were accosted by the would-be robber. Flynn told the Associated Press he thinks he might have been killed if he had not been carrying a concealed pistol.

“We are used to fighting for the people in our districts every day,” Flynn said in a statement to the Philadelphia Inquirer. “We certainly are going to stand up for ourselves and not become victims.”

Read more from this story HERE.