FDA Recalls Pet Food After After at Least 28 Dogs Die From Toxic Mold

The Food and Drug Administration has recalled some pet foods from Sportmix after at least 28 dogs died and eight others fell ill from products with high levels of toxic mold.

The agency warned pet owners and animal specialists Wednesday that certain varieties of the brand’s pet food “may contain potentially fatal levels of aflatoxin.”

Aflatoxin is a mold that can grow on corn and other grains used in pet foods, the agency said.

Symptoms from aflatoxin poisoning include sluggishness, loss of appetite, diarrhea and vomiting, the agency said. (Read more from “FDA Recalls Pet Food After After at Least 28 Dogs Die From Toxic Mold” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE