Third Round of Jan. 6 Subpoenas Target More Citizens Exercising Their Right to Protest; Biden Blocks Trump Executive Action

By The Federalist. House Democrats with GOP Reps. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., and Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., unveiled the third round of subpoenas Thursday in their witch hunt over the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol. The three new subpoenas target Stop the Steal LLC., along with Ali Alexander and Nathan Martin, who were both organizers of the protest.

“The rally on the Capitol grounds on January 6th, like the rally near the White House that day, immediately preceded the violent attack on the seat of our democracy,” wrote Committee Chair Bennie Thompson of Mississippi on the heel of the new trove of subpoenas, in a statement reported by Politico. “The Select Committee needs to understand all the details about the events that came before the attack, including who was involved in planning and funding them. We expect these witnesses to cooperate fully with our probe.”

Since its inception, however, the Select Committee on Jan. 6 has served as a show trial for Democrats in partnership with a pair of leading NeverTrump Republicans to seek retribution against political dissidents. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi tapped Kinzinger and Cheney to serve on the probe after the Democrat barred Republicans Jim Banks, R-Ind., and Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, from the panel.

The committee’s first hearing in July featured a slate of Capitol police officers airing a public vendetta against the former president while lawmakers manufactured tears. One officer, Harry Dunn, had also previously defended the riots that engulfed the nation’s capital last year. The devastation from the two weeks of rioting in the immediate aftermath of George Floyd’s death alone cost an estimated 66 times more than the damage at the Capitol on Jan. 6. (Read more from “Third Round of Jan. 6 Subpoenas Target More Citizens Exercising Their Right to Protest” HERE)

_________________________________________________________

Biden Rejects Trump’s Request To Withhold Documents From House Committee Investigating Jan. 6 Attack

By Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. . .President Joe Biden rejected Mr. Trump’s request to block documents from the House committee investigating the insurrection, citing the gravity of the assault on democracy.

“The president’s dedicated to ensuring that something like that could never happen again, which is why the administration is cooperating with ongoing investigations,” White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Friday.

Mr. Trump swiftly responded by formally claiming executive privilege over about 50 documents requested initially by the select committee and issuing a statement calling Democrats “drunk on power” and insisting that “this assault on the constitution and important legal precedent will not work.”

Meanwhile, urged on by Mr. Trump, his longtime adviser Stephen Bannon told the committee he will not comply with the panel’s sweeping request for documents and testimony.

Members of the committee responded with a threat Friday to pursue criminal charges against Mr. Bannon for refusing to comply with its subpoena, announcing they would consider initiating contempt of Congress proceedings. (Read more from “Biden Rejects Trump’s Request To Withhold Documents From House Committee Investigating Jan. 6 Attack” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE