Nurse Arrested After 73 Dead Cats Found In Home

A Michigan nurse was arraigned on charges of animal cruelty Monday after authorities removed over 100 cats, 73 of which were dead, from her home.

Emily Karolski, 41, faces charges of animal cruelty to 25 or more animals and animal burial, according to court documents cited by The Detroit News. Fox 2 Detroit described Karolski as “a nurse practitioner who cares for newborns and noted that her house is located in Dryden Township, north of Detroit.

Township police responded to a package delivery driver’s report of a stench emerging from the house, according to Lapeer County Prosecutor John D. Miller, the Detroit News reported. The driver claimed that the odor, which he could smell 150 feet away from the building, made him think someone had died inside.

Officers initiated a welfare check and discovered approximately a dozen dead cats on a kitchen counter as they peered through a window. After police discovered she was not home, firefighters arrived at the scene to help them enter the home, the county prosecutor reported.

When first responders got into the house, they became dizzy and developed headaches because of the stench, causing them to leave the building immediately. They successfully reentered the home after putting on respirators. (Read more from “Nurse Arrested After 73 Dead Cats Found In Home” HERE)

ICE Arrests Foreign National Charged With Voting In Multiple Federal Elections

United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has arrested an Australian national who is now charged with voting in multiple federal elections.

Denise Nataly Migliore, a lawful permanent resident (LPR) from Australia, is accused of knowingly making false claims of U.S. citizenship to register to vote in federal elections, according to information provided to the Daily Caller.

Authorities allege Migliore then cast ballots in the 2022 and 2024 federal elections in Louisiana, according to a press release from the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Louisiana.

A federal grand jury indicted Migliore on June 11 in the Eastern District of Louisiana on charges of illegal voting in a federal election and making false statements to register to vote.

Agents with Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) New Orleans arrested Migliore at the federal courthouse in New Orleans on July 1 following an HSI investigation. (Read more from “ICE Arrests Foreign National Charged With Voting In Multiple Federal Elections” HERE)

Pastor Freed from Chinese Prison after Trump Raised His Case with Xi Jinping

The pastor of a prominent underground church in China who was imprisoned by Chinese authorities last year has been released and reunited with his family in the U.S., according to reports.

Ezra Jin, founder of Zion Church, was one of nearly 30 Zion Church pastors and staff members detained in October during one of China’s largest crackdowns on evangelical churches in decades, according to the nonprofit advocacy group Luke Alliance.

Jin was released from detention and arrived in Los Angeles on Friday, ChinaAid reported. According to the Christian human rights organization, Chinese authorities told Jin he was being released due to negotiations between President Donald Trump and Chinese leader Xi Jinping.

During a high-profile state visit to Beijing in May, Trump raised Jin’s case directly with the Chinese leader. On his flight back to the U.S., Trump told reporters that Xi promised to “strongly consider” the pastor’s release.

“We are feeling so overwhelmed with joy. We thank God for this tremendous miracle,” his daughter Grace Jin Drexel said in a family statement to CNN. (Read more from “Pastor Freed from Chinese Prison after Trump Raised His Case with Xi Jinping” HERE)

Feds Smash Indian Criminal Gangs in U.S.

Cops in the United States, Canada, and Europe arrested 24 Indian criminals from three different murderous drug gangs who were welcomed by progressive governments as they imported millions of wage-cutting Indian migrants.

Americans were already dealing with migrant Central American gangs, such as MS-13, and the Venezuelan Tren de Aragua gang welcomed by prior presidents.

The Justice Department reported the huge 50-site sweep on Tuesday:

Law enforcement in the United States, Canada, and Europe have arrested 24 defendants – 11 of them in California – connected to three India-based transnational organized crime groups charged with a litany of criminal acts, including the assassination in Canada in 2023 of a prominent Indian political and religious figure, the Justice Department announced today.

“Three defendants have been arrested in Canada, one defendant was arrested in Spain, and … Law enforcement is looking for 10 fugitives – seven in the United States, two in India, and one in Europe,” the statement said. (Read more from “Feds Smash Indian Criminal Gangs in U.S.” HERE)

President Zelensky Opens NATO Summit With Plea For Missiles and Alliance Membership

NATO would be wise to welcome Ukraine as a member of the alliance and should hurry to send more missiles to Kyiv, President Volodymyr Zelensky told the Ankara Summit on Tuesday.

World leaders have arrived in Ankara, Turkey, for the two-day North Atlantic Treaty Organisation summit, including U.S. President Donald Trump who flew from Washington with both Air Force One aircraft, disembarking from the new red-white-and-blue refurbished Boeing 747-8 on Tuesday afternoon. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky was one of the first world leaders to address the summit and spoke at the NATO Defence Industry Forum after his personal jet touched down, using his time at the podium to call for more missiles for Ukraine, and for NATO membership.

While membership of the alliance has been frequently discussed for Ukraine since Russia’s 2022 invasion, the difficulties of admitting a new member that is already at war and one-fifth occupied by Russia has so necessarily precluded any progress on the matter. Nevertheless, it is something Ukraine has persistently raised — often as leverage against other wants — and that continued on Tuesday afternoon, with a pitch to the floor from the national President that attempted to portray admitting Kyiv as a slam-dunk.

President Zelensky said:

…we have raised our interception rate against Russian Shahed drones to over 90-per-cent… and with all due respect no other country has the capability to defend against attack drones at this scale… I have a question for you. Do you really believe it would be right to leave outside NATO a country and a people with this level of defensive capability?

If we already have these capabilities, if Ukrainians already know how to fight like this, then it does make sense for these capabilities to become part of the alliance’s collective defence. That would make all of us stronger. And we already see each other as reliable partners, and it would only be natural to become part of one common security community.

(Read more from “President Zelensky Opens NATO Summit With Plea For Missiles and Alliance Membership” HERE)

Email Suggests Mitch McConnell Health Response Is Coordinated Effort

Republican Kentucky Sen. Mitch McConnell’s office sent an email Tuesday that included a compilation of statements from senators and acquaintances claiming they spoke to the former majority leader for similar lengths of time and discussed related topics.

McConnell’s office provided no new details on his health despite his nearly month long hospitalization. Several of McConnell’s colleagues and acquaintances, including Senate Majority Leader John Thune and CNN senior political commentator Scott Jennings, made similar statements about McConnell that McConnell’s staff later shared in an email obtained by the Daily Caller News Foundation.

“As the Senator continues to recover, we will be sure to keep you updated. Wanted to flag the following tweets for you. And I’m sure you have the latest statement from a McConnell spokesperson: ‘Senator McConnell appreciates the outpouring of support he’s receiving while he continues his recovery in the hospital. The Senator continues to improve, and is working closely with his staff on Kentucky and Senate matters while the Senate is out of session,’” the email read.

The statements in the email included similar details, including the length of the conversations with McConnell and what they discussed. Thune claimed he spoke to McConnell on the phone Monday, where they had a “lengthy and substantive conversation” about several topics such as national security, a source familiar told the DCNF.

Senate Majority Whip John Barrasso and Jennings claimed Tuesday they spoke to McConnell for “roughly 20 minutes” about a variety of political topics, including the Maine Senate race and the Iran war. (Read more from “Email Suggests Mitch McConnell Health Response Is Coordinated Effort” HERE)

Trans People Leaving Red States Drain Democrat-Run Seattle’s Nonprofits

Increasing numbers of transgender people are reportedly leaving red states for Democrat-run Seattle, Washington, and a nonprofit in the area is struggling to keep up with the demand.

The group called Traction has assisted over 1,000 transgender people in moving to the area since 2024 but it and other nonprofits, according to a Washington Post article published on Tuesday, are running out of resources.

“Though trans people make up just 1 percent of the population in Washington state, the nonprofits that help them say their budgets are drained and their staffs are stretched so thin that last month the Seattle LGBTQ Commission asked Mayor Katie Wilson (D) to declare a civil state of emergency. Such a declaration would free up general fund dollars to bolster the nonprofits’ finances as they help transplants find housing and jobs,” the outlet said.

The report also cited a poll that suggested about 400,000 transgender adults left red states not long after President Donald Trump beat former Vice President Kamala Harris in the 2024 election.

A poll in 2023 found one-third of Seattle’s residents were considering leaving mainly due to home prices and crime, while homelessness has also been a major issue plaguing the area. (Read more from “Trans People Leaving Red States Drain Democrat-Run Seattle’s Nonprofits” HERE)

US Reinstates Sanctions On Iran After Multiple Ships Reportedly Attacked In Strait Of Hormuz

The United States reimposed oil sanctions on Iran following reports of unprovoked attacks on ships in the Strait of Hormuz late Monday night and early Tuesday morning.

A letter from the U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), the license that temporarily lifted oil sanctions on Iran issued June 21 has been “revoked,” with the effective date listed as July 7, 2026. Earlier Tuesday, Reuters reported that the U.S. government was “revoking a general license that authorized the sale of Iranian oil,” with a U.S. official calling the attacks in the Strait of Hormuz “wholly unacceptable.”

The Daily Caller reached out to President Donald Trump’s White House, which confirmed Reuters’ earlier reporting.

A U.S. official explained to the Daily Caller that OFAC is, in fact, revoking GL X, “which authorized the sale of Iranian oil.”

“The MOU in effect with Iran is entirely performance-based,” the official emphasized.

“Iran will only reap benefits if they exhibit good behavior. Iran’s actions in the Strait were wholly unacceptable to the United States and will be met with consequences. Our negotiators continue to work in good faith towards a final deal,” the U.S. official added. (Read more from “US Reinstates Sanctions On Iran After Multiple Ships Reportedly Attacked In Strait Of Hormuz” HERE)

Two US Soccer Staff Members Mysteriously Suspended by FIFA Ahead of World Cup Loss

Two U.S. soccer staff members were quietly suspended by FIFA for Monday’s match against Belgium.

Without public explanation from FIFA, team manager Sam Zapatka and U.S. Soccer Federation vice president of security Frank Pannell were banned.

The suspensions were announced on FIFA’s disciplinary previews for Monday’s game, but they did not make it until the third edition.

FIFA first posted about Folarin Balogun’s red card, then removed Balogun in the second edition, before adding the US staff members for the third.

These are the only two updates to a disciplinary preview so far this World Cup. (Read more from “Two US Soccer Staff Members Mysteriously Suspended by FIFA Ahead of World Cup Loss” HERE)

The Terror Network Slaughtering Nigerian Christians Has Escaped America’s Blacklist

Experts and policy change-makers tell the Daily Caller that the Nigerian and U.S. governments are failing to confront the primary threat responsible for the killing of Christians in Nigeria.

Between 2020 and 2025, more than 22,800 Christians were killed, and nearly 16,000 more were abducted in Nigeria, according to a new report by the Observatory for Religious Freedom in Africa. The report found that the group responsible for most of those attacks is not the one drawing the primary focus of either the Nigerian government or the Trump administration.

That group, the Fulani Ethnic Militia (FEM), is responsible for 44 percent of civilian killings during that period, according to the Observatory. Yet U.S. and Nigerian counterterrorism operations remain focused on the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) and Boko Haram, which together account for just 12 percent of civilian killings.

Mark Lipdo, a Nigerian national and founder of the Stefano Foundation, which works with Christian survivors of persecution, said that although he has worked with U.S. officials across the political spectrum, Republicans were the ones who took his warnings seriously.

“We were hopeful that now that Republicans are reigning, we will have results,” Lipdo said, adding that “The unfortunate thing is that the Republicans are targeting the wrong people, the wrong direction.”

(Read more from “The Terror Network Slaughtering Nigerian Christians Has Escaped America’s Blacklist” HERE)