Elizabeth Warren’s Debate Stage Antics Prove Her Dishonesty Once Again

By Washington Examiner. On the CNN debate stage Tuesday night, Bernie Sanders flat-out denied that he ever told Elizabeth Warren that a woman couldn’t be president, a hard-to-believe rumor reported this week.

But the debate moderator next asked Warren to respond to Sanders’s statement that a woman can’t win — essentially, accepting the premise of the rumor as if it were established fact. Warren responded, “I disagree,” implying, without any evidence and despite the denial, that he did ask it and saying, “This question has been raised, and it’s time for us to attack it.”

These are just shady underhanded tactics on Warren’s part. She knows Sanders is not a sexist, they’ve been friends for decades, and he’s been publicly saying a woman could be president since 1988. It’s just sad and dishonest that Warren would let this mischief stand, but unfortunately, dishonest politicking is more of the same from the Massachusetts Democrat.

Warren lied, for years, about having Native American heritage, despite being whiter than Wonder Bread and having no valid claim to tribal membership. She also lied about her father being a “janitor” as part of her blue-collar background. This was not true, and Warren’s brother told reporters the false claim made him “furious.” (Read more from “Elizabeth Warren’s Debate Stage Antics Prove Her Dishonesty Once Again” HERE)

_______________________________________________

Sanders Camp Admits Anti-Warren Script Was Deployed in Multiple Early States

By Politico. The controversial talking points attacking Elizabeth Warren that Bernie Sanders’ campaign deployed were given to teams in at least two early voting states on Friday, three Sanders campaign officials confirmed.

Volunteers and staffers used the script on Saturday while canvassing for votes, meaning the talking points were more official than what Sanders previously suggested after POLITICO reported on the language.

The campaign pulled back the script — which described Warren’s appeal as limited to the highly educated and financially well off — later on Saturday after the story published. Sanders initially appeared to blame the controversy on rogue employees. (Read more from “Sanders Camp Admits Anti-Warren Script Was Deployed in Multiple Early States” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Democrats Block Resolution Supporting Iranian Protesters

House Democrats on Tuesday blocked a vote on a resolution introduced by House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, California Republican, that expressed support of anti-government protesters in Iran and condemned Iran’s role in the downing of a Ukrainian civilian aircraft last week.

While details behind the blockage remain unclear, Democrats were reportedly drafting their own version of the resolution to compete with Mr. McCarthy’s resolution. . .

As tensions between the U.S. and Iran came to a head amid a U.S. fatal strike on top Iranian general last week and Tehran’s response with an attack on two American bases in Iraq, Republicans and Democrats have been sparring over the administration’s justification for military action. (Read more from “Democrats Block Resolution Supporting Iranian Protesters” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

California Lawmakers Kill Ban on ‘Intersex’ Surgery for Young Children

Lawmakers in California have killed a bill that would ban most surgeries on “intersex” infants and young children – those born with ambiguous sex characteristics.

The measure would have prohibited surgeries on children, aged six and under, born with sex characteristics that cannot easily be categorized as “male” or “female,” unless the Medical Board of California determined they were medically necessary.

A majority of state lawmakers – three Democrats and one Republican on the state Senate Business, Professions and Economic Development Committee, voted to reject the bill, proposed by Democrat State Sen. Scott Wiener, that would have banned most of the intersex procedures, reported the Associated Press (AP).

Wiener claimed the bill addresses a civil rights issue and seeks to “ensure that people who are born intersex are able to make their own choices about their health and their gender identity instead of having other people make those irreversible surgical choices for them.” . . .

The committee heard the testimony of Dr. Hillary Copp, a pediatric urologist at the University of California, San Francisco, who said she opposed the bill because it would remove “all flexibility for trained medical professionals and their [sic] loved ones to do what is in the best interest of the patient.” (Read more from “California Lawmakers Kill Ban on ‘Intersex’ Surgery for Young Children” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Leftists Freakout After Liberal Stephen King for Saying Quality Matters in the Arts, Not Diversity

Author and Trump hater Stephen King is feeling the heat from fellow liberals following his tweets about the Academy Award nominations, in which he said that quality is more important than diversity when it comes to creating works of art.

Filmmaker Ava DuVernay hit back at King, calling his comments “backward and ignorant.” Author Laura Lippman also called out King, saying that the Hollywood system is “rigged.” . . .

Roxane Gay, the author and contributing opinion writer at The New York Times, expressed her disappointment in King, saying that “most industries only believe in quality from one demographic.”

King has become a darling among left-wing Hollywood types and the cultural elite for his vehement anti-Trump stance. The author of The Shining and Misery has repeatedly insulted President Donald Trump and his supporters on social media, calling him a “horse’s ass” and a “vile, racist, and incompetent bag of guts.”

Hollywood journalists turned their knives on the the Academy for what they saw as a lack of diversity among this year’s acting categories. Harriet actress Cynthia Erivo was the only non-white acting nominee this year, prompting journalists to resurrect the #OscarsSoWhite hashtag.

(Read more from “Leftists Freakout After Liberal Stephen King for Saying Quality Matters in the Arts, Not Diversity” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

WATCH: Only One Dem at Debate Would Pull All U.S. Troops out of the Middle East; Did Sanders Diss Women?; Biden, Sanders Clash Over Iraq War

By Daily Caller. Massachusetts Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren was the only 2020 primary candidate at CNN’s Tuesday night debate who supported a full withdrawal of U.S. combat troops from the Middle East.

“I think we need to get our combat troops out,” Warren told moderator Wolf Blitzer when asked if the U.S. should withdraw from the region. “We have to stop this mindset that we can do everything with combat troops.”

“Our military is the finest military on Earth. And they will take any sacrifice we ask them to take, but we should stop asking our military to solve problems that cannot be solved militarily.”

“Our keeping combat troops there is not helping,” she continued. “We need to work with our allies. We need to use our economic tools. We need to use our diplomatic tools.”

Warren criticized some of her fellow candidates, and South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham in particular, for talking about “leaving troops there for a hundred more years.” (Read more from “Only One Democrat at the Debate Said They Would Pull All U.S. Troops out of the Middle East” HERE)

__________________________________________________

Feisty Sanders Clashes With Biden, Warren – and the Moderators – at Last-Chance Iowa Debate

By Fox News. The final Democratic presidential debate before the pivotal Feb. 3 Iowa caucuses erupted Tuesday night, as Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren sparred over the disputed reports that Sanders had privately told Warren in December 2018 that a woman could not realistically become president.

“Well as a matter of fact I didn’t say it,” Sanders insisted, when one of the debate’s moderators asserted the conversation had occurred.

“That is correct,” he flatly said later, when asked whether he was still unequivocally denying that the conversation took place. Bizarrely, one of the CNN debate’s moderators then immediately and matter-of-factly asked Warren, “What did you think when Sen. Sanders told you a woman could not win the election?”

That prompted laughter in the debate hall, and a bewildered chuckle from Sanders. Some commentators have suggested the disputed reports of Warren and Sanders’ alleged 2018 conversation, which cited sources who were not present for Sanders’ alleged remarks, were a leak from the Warren campaign intended to blunt Sanders’ surge in recent polls.

(Read more from “Feisty Sanders Clashes With Biden, Warren – and the Moderators – at Last-Chance Iowa Debate” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Michael Flynn Seeks to Withdraw Guilty Plea, Accuses Prosecutors of ‘Retaliation’

Former national security adviser Michael Flynn filed a court motion Tuesday seeking to withdraw his guilty plea in a case that originated with the special counsel’s investigation.

Flynn’s legal team accused prosecutors of acting in “bad faith” and out of “vindictiveness” when they recommended in a court filing on Jan. 7 that Flynn receive up to six months in prison in his case.

Flynn pleaded guilty on Dec. 1, 2017 to making false statements during a Jan. 24, 2017 meeting with FBI agents regarding his interactions with Sergey Kislyak, who served at the time as Russia’s ambassador to the U.S.

Prosecutors recommended in December 2018 that Flynn receive a sentence of probation with no jail time because of “substantial” assistance he provided the special counsel’s team. Flynn also gave interviews to prosecutors in Virginia who charged Flynn’s former business partner, Bijan Rafiekian, with acting as a foreign agent of Turkey.

Flynn appeared in federal court on Dec. 18, 2018 to receive his sentencing but pulled out of the hearing after Judge Emmet Sullivan indicated he might hand down a sentence that included jail time. (Read more from “Michael Flynn Seeks to Withdraw Guilty Plea, Accuses Prosecutors of ‘Retaliation’” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Mitch McConnell Leaves Door Open for Republicans to Call Hunter Biden to Testify in Impeachment Trial; Democrats Release New Documents on Eve of Impeachment

By The Blaze. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) left the door open for Republicans to call key witnesses, including Hunter Biden, in the upcoming Senate impeachment trial against President Donald Trump, NBC News reported Tuesday.

Speaking with reporters Tuesday afternoon, McConnell remarked that if witnesses are called, “I can’t imagine” only the Democrats having people they would like to hear from appear before Congress.

In other words, if those who favor impeachment call someone they believe will help the case against Trump, such as former national security adviser John Bolton, it can be expected that those opposed to impeachment would be able to call on witness of their own, including Hunter Biden, who Republicans believe has relevant information validating Trump’s concern about corruption in Ukraine involving former Vice President Joe Biden.

NBC News Capitol Hill correspondent Kasie Hunt broke the news when she asked McConnell whether he would back calling Hunter Biden to the witness stand, as Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) has recently suggested.

(Read more from “Mitch McConnell Leaves Door Open for Republicans to Call Hunter Biden to Testify in Impeachment Trial” HERE)

____________________________________________________

Democrats Release New Documents on Eve of Impeachment Trial

By AP News. House Democrats have released a trove of documents they obtained from Lev Parnas, a close associate of President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, including a handwritten note that mentions asking Ukraine’s president to investigate “the Biden case.”

The documents, obtained as part of the impeachment investigation, show Parnas communicating with Giuliani and another attorney before the removal of Marie Yovanovitch, who was the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine. A man named Robert F. Hyde disparaged Yovanovitch in messages to Parnas and gave him updates on her location and cell phone use, raising questions about possible surveillance.

Democrats released the files Tuesday as they prepared to send articles of impeachment to the Senate for Trump’s trial. The documents add new context to their charges that Trump pressured Ukraine to investigate Democrats as he withheld military aid. (Read more from “Democrats Release New Documents on Eve of Impeachment Trial” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Gun-Toting Woman Confronts Man Allegedly Masturbating in Women’s Restroom

Stacey Crawford told WJBK-TV she’s been visiting the salon in Macy’s at the Fairlane Mall in Dearborn, Michigan, for the last decade — but her experience in a women’s restroom Friday night is one she’d prefer to forget. . .

Crawford noted to WJBK that as she was going into the restroom, another woman was in there “wrapping up” — and soon enough, things got scary.

“I’m in the stall, she’s beating on the stall [saying], ‘Ma am, ma’am.’ and I hear the urgency in her voice,” Crawford told WJBK. “I’m like, ‘What’s going on?'” . . .

Crawford then told the station when she opened the stall door, she saw a man touching himself and looking at the other woman — who became so terrified that she pulled out her gun. . .

Crawford and the other woman screamed for security and blocked one of the exit doors, but the station said the man casually took another way out of the restroom, made it through Macy’s — and into the mall.

(Read more from “Gun-Toting Woman Confronts Man Allegedly Masturbating in Women’s Restroom” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Airplane Injures Dozens After Dumping Fuel on School in Emergency Landing

A Delta flight was forced to make an emergency landing shortly after taking off from Los Angeles International Airport on Tuesday and upon returning to the airport apparently dumped jet fuel which hit over two dozen people at an elementary school. . .

“70 firefighters and paramedics on-scene and committed to providing care for those injured. FFs working to confirm substance dropped by aircraft, although initial reports stated smell of jet fuel in area,” The Los Angeles County Fire Department tweeted. “17 children and 6 adults (23 patients total) all complaining of minor injuries being triaged by LACoFD Paramedics and Firefighters.” . . .

The Los Angeles Police Department noted that three schools were sprayed with the fuel, including Park Avenue Elementary, Jordan High School, and 93rd Street Elementary.

The Federal Aviation Administration responded the incident by issuing the following statement: “Delta Air Lines Flight 89 declared an emergency after departing from LAX, returned to the airport and landed without incident. The FAA is aware of and looking into reports that children at a school east of LAX are being treated for fuel exposure.”

The Los Angeles County Fire Department later tweeted: “The All minor injuries w/ no transports to local hospital from school. There are no evacuation orders for the immediate area. Substance was confirmed JET FUEL. Refer to school regarding plans for child pick-up.” (Read more from “Airplane Injures Dozens After Dumping Fuel on School in Emergency Landing” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Warren’s Donors Ask for Their Money Back After Bernie Accusations

The hashtag, “#RefundWarren,” trended Monday night and Tuesday morning as supporters of Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) encouraged donors to Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s (D-MA) presidential campaign to demand a refund through the Democrats’ online fundraising platform, ActBlue.

The move came in response to a report that Sanders told Warren, during a private meeting sometime in 2018, that a woman couldn’t become president. The Warren campaign was, initially, silent on the matter, refusing to refute the allegations. Later Monday night, however, Warren released a statement essentially confirming the story, but saying that Sanders told her a female candidate couldn’t beat President Donald Trump, not that a woman could never win the White House.

“Among the topics that came up was what would happen if Democrats nominated a female candidate. I thought a woman could win; he disagreed. I have no interest in discussing this private meeting any further because Bernie and I have far more in common than our differences on punditry,” Warren said in a statement. “I’m in this race to talk about what’s broken in this country and how to fix it—and that’s what I’m going to continue to do. I know Bernie is in the race for the same reason. We have been friends and allies in this fight for a long time, and I have no doubt we will continue to work together to defeat Donald Trump and put our government on the side of the people.” . . .

That was just the beginning, though, for Warren’s online troubles. Newsweek reports that “[s]ome Twitter users posted screenshots purporting to show ActBlue processing refunds of their donations to Warren, a Massachusetts Democrat. Several screenshots of refund request emails appeared to show ActBlue stating that they were ‘currently experiencing high volumes.’”

One user, “On This I Am One” even shared a tutorial for Warren supporters who might be looking to get their money back, instructing donors to go to the “contact us” page and locate the “refund” option in a hidden drop-down menu.

(Read more from “Warren’s Donors Ask for Their Money Back After Bernie Accusations” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE