Trump: 2020 Democratic Candidates ‘Trying to Punish Religious Believers’ (VIDEO)

President Trump warned members of his evangelical base that every 2020 Democratic presidential candidate poses a threat to their religious liberty.

“Our faith is needed now more than ever,” Trump said during a Friday “Evangelicals for Trump” rally in Miami. “While certain fads come and go, it’s an eternal truth that faith and family lead to the stability, happiness, and prosperity of nations.”

“Yet as we speak,” Trump continued, “every Democrat candidate running for president is trying to punish religious believers and silence our churches and our pastors.” . . .

“Our opponents want to shut out God from the public square so that they can impose their extreme anti-religious and socialist agenda on America,” Trump continued. The New York Times reported that “many supporters outside [the rally] were Cuban émigrés who said their primary concern was what they saw as the threat of socialism. Most said they were lifelong Republicans who were more concerned than ever about the Democratic Party gaining more power, citing fears that they would face more government mandates.”

(Read more from “Trump: 2020 Democratic Candidates ‘Trying to Punish Religious Believers'” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Methodist Christians Who Oppose Same-Sex Marriage Agree to Separate Into New ‘Traditionalist’ Denomination

The United Methodist Church announced an agreement to split into two separate denominations over the issue of same-sex marriage and the ordination of gay and lesbian clergy, according to the New York Times.

Those who hold to the belief that the church should not support same-sex marriage and should not ordain gay clergy will separate into a “traditionalist” denomination if the agreement is approved in May at the denomination’s annual conference.

The schism is the result of two three-day mediation sessions in Washington. A committee of church leaders determined that separating was “the best means to resolve our differences, allowing each part of the Church to remain true to its theological understanding.”

At last year’s conference, 53 percent of leaders and lay members voted to tighten the prohibition of homosexuality within the church, calling the practice “incompatible with Christian teaching.” (Read more from “Methodist Christians Who Oppose Same-Sex Marriage Agree to Separate Into New ‘Traditionalist’ Denomination” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Guess Who Obama Hosted at the White House? Hint, He’s a Terrorist Connected to the Recent U.S. Embassy Attack

By Townhall. It turns out $400 million in cash, delivered by an unmarked plane in the middle of the night on palettes and a nuclear deal that eventually leads to a bomb, aren’t the only things President Obama gave to the murderous Iranian regime during his tenure in the White House.

Earlier this week Iranian backed militia leader Hadi Al-Amiri, who is also an Iraqi government official, participated in the attack against the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad. . .

In 2011, Al-Amiri visited the White House. Not only that, he made it into the Oval Office.

(Read more from “Guess Who Obama Hosted at the White House? Hint, He’s a Terrorist Connected to the Recent U.S. Embassy Attack” HERE)

___________________________________________________

Aircraft Carrying U.S. Troops Take off From East Coast Bases After Drone Strike Kills Top Iranian General

By Newsweek. United States Air Force aircraft with combat troops and special forces on board took off from bases on the East Coast Thursday night after President Donald Trump ordered a drone strike that killed a top Iranian general, military officials told Newsweek. The officials could not say where the transport aircraft were headed.

U.S. military Patriot anti-Missile batteries also were put on alert in Bahrain, headquarters of the Navy’s 5th Fleet. The Green Zone in Baghdad, where the U.S. embassy is located, is on lockdown, sources told Newsweek.

The president was briefed at Mar-a-Lago and ordered the strike from the Florida resort, sources told Newsweek.

It was unclear Thursday whether Congress was notified of the strike or the deployment. A spokesperson for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell declined by email to answer whether McConnell was notified. (Read more from “Aircraft Carrying U.S. Troops Take off From East Coast Bases After Drone Strike Kills Top Iranian General” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Andrew McCabe Apologized for Lying to Investigators on Leak

Former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe apologized for lying to federal investigators concerning an October 2016 leak to The Wall Street Journal about the Hillary Clinton email probe, newly released transcripts indicate — underscoring McCabe’s legal jeopardy as U.S. Attorney John Durham continues the Justice Department’s criminal probe into bureau misconduct.

The transcripts specifically raised the possibility that McCabe, now a paid CNN commentator, could face a false statements charge similar to the one leveled against former national security adviser Michael Flynn. The account of McCabe’s remarks was released by the Department of Justice (DOJ) inspector general (IG) because of a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, D.C.

The IG concluded in 2018 that McCabe “lacked candor” when speaking to then-FBI Director James Comey and DOJ Oversight and Review (O&R) internal investigators about the leak to the Journal on May 9, 2017. In the transcripts, released Thursday, an unidentified O&R investigator asserted that McCabe had claimed “he did not grant anyone permission to divulge the information to the media” and that he “personally hadn’t shared the information” or “granted anyone else permission to.”

But on Aug. 18, 2017, McCabe’s story changed when he was confronted with other evidence, including emails and witness accounts, that conflicted with his prior statements. Asked again whether he was aware of the leak to the Journal and had personally authorized it, McCabe was unequivocal. . .

The Journal story — written just days before the presidential election – focused on the FBI announcing the reopening of the Clinton investigation after finding thousands of her emails on a laptop belonging to former Democratic Rep. Anthony Weiner, who at the time was married to Clinton aide Huma Abedin. (Read more from “Andrew McCabe Apologized for Lying to Investigators on Leak” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Marines Given Green Light to Carry Weapons on Bases for First Time

By Washington Examiner. Marines and civilian personnel in Marine Corps law enforcement roles will be allowed to carry their personal concealed firearms while on base, the head of Marine Corps policy announced on Tuesday.

Lt. Gen. George Smith sent a memo to the entire force telling them that military police, criminal investigators, and Marine Corps Law Enforcement Program police officers will be allowed to carry concealed weapons off-duty. Approximately 3,200 individuals will be eligible to carry their personal firearms under the new policy, Marine Corps spokesman Capt. Joseph Butterfield told the Washington Examiner.

Smith’s memo follows last month’s shootings at Naval Air Station Pensacola and at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam near Honolulu. The attacks left five dead and nine injured. Pearl Harbor gunman Gabriel Romero, a Navy sailor, killed himself at the scene. Pensacola shooter Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani, a Saudi Air Force second lieutenant, was shot and killed by sheriff’s deputies. . .

Only Marine Corps law enforcement personnel credentialed under the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act, known as the LEOSA, will qualify under the new directive. The LEOSA allows active and retired civilian law enforcement to carry concealed weapons across the country, regardless of local laws. Prior to the new directive, Marine Corps law enforcement officials were only allowed to carry service weapons in the course of their official duties. They now will be able to carry their personal concealed weapons when engaging in off-duty activities, like visiting a base commissary. (Read more from “Marines Given Green Light to Carry Weapons on Bases for First Time” HERE)

____________________________________________________

Starting Thursday, Nearly All Privately Owned Firearms Will Be Prohibited on Offutt AFB

By Stars and Stripes. Privately owned firearms will no longer be allowed on Offutt Air Force Base beginning Thursday, in a change to the Nebraska installation’s gun policy announced after a review conducted by the 55th Wing commander.

The new policy prohibits almost all personal firearms from base, ending a regulation that allowed individuals with Defense Department identification and concealed carry permits issued by Nebraska or certain other states to access the post with guns that were locked in their vehicles. The base announced the decision by 55th Wing commander Air Force Col. Gavin Marks on Monday in a Facebook post.

“Beginning Jan. 2, 2020, the 55th Wing commander has directed that the transportation of privately owned firearms on Offutt Air Force Base, with few exceptions, will be prohibited,” the Facebook post read. “… The commander’s intent for this change is that firearms will be effectively controlled and safely handled on Offutt AFB and is reflective of the full confidence in the 55th Security Forces Squadron’s ability to defend the installation and its personnel.”

Marks implemented the review of firearms policies on the post after taking command in June. Offutt, just south of Omaha, is home to some 8,000 troops, including the 55th Wing and the headquarters of U.S. Strategic Command, which oversees the U.S. nuclear enterprise among other responsibilities. (Read more from “Starting Thursday, Nearly All Privately Owned Firearms Will Be Prohibited on Offutt AFB” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

‘What the Hell Were You Thinking?’: Trump Berated White House Staff for Not Telling Him Putin Was Trying to Call Him

President Donald Trump berated his former national security adviser Michael Flynn and other senior staff members for holding off on arranging a phone call with the Russian president soon after taking office, according to a new book on the Trump administration’s contentious relationship with the Pentagon.

In “Trump and His Generals: The Cost of Chaos,” the national security reporter Peter Bergen recounted the tenuous conversation between the US president and his staffers, one of many intimate talks whose details were sourced from dozens of interviews with current and former White House officials and military officers.

On January 27, 2017, weeks after winning the presidency, Trump had his first official visit from a foreign leader at the White House, with British Prime Minister Theresa May. During lunch, May asked Trump if he had talked to Putin, according to Bergen. . .

Flynn, a former three-star US Army general, was nearby and leaned in to tell Trump: “Sir, we’re arranging that call now. President Putin called several days ago, but we haven’t been able to get it on your calendar yet.”

“Are you kidding me? Vladimir Putin tried to call me, and you didn’t put him through? What the hell were you thinking?” Trump said. (Read more from “‘What the Hell Were You Thinking?’: Trump Berated White House Staff for Not Telling Him Putin Was Trying to Call Him” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Indiana Asks Supreme Court to Uphold Parental Notice of Abortion Law

The attorney general of Indiana has asked the U.S. Supreme Court to uphold a state law that requires parents to be notified when a minor obtains an abortion. . .

The law pertains to minors who have already received an exemption from a juvenile court allowing them to have an abortion without parental permission. Parental notice, however, is still required except when the court indicates the child lives with abusive family members or some other reason that would be against the best interests of the minor.

The preliminary injunction against the enforcement of Indiana’s parental notice law by a three-judge panel of the Seventh Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals is still in place. That court declined the state’s petition for a rehearing of the matter by the full court.

In 2017, the ACLU challenged the law on behalf of Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky shortly after it passed and just before it was about to be enacted, reported WIBC News.

“This requirement would impose an undue burden on the recognized constitutional right of young women to obtain an abortion,” said ACLU lawyer Ken Falk. “In some cases, parents aren’t available or would put the woman in serious danger of either physical or emotional harm of blocking the abortion.” (Read more from “Indiana Asks Supreme Court to Uphold Parental Notice of Abortion Law” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Trump Administration Officially Announces Vape Ban

The Trump administration announced Thursday that it will ban most types of flavored e-cigarettes in an attempt to crack down on teenage smoking.

The ban outlaws most flavored vapes such as fruit and mint flavors, but it allows exceptions for certain types of flavors, including tobacco and menthol, according to the Associated Press.

The plan released Thursday by U.S. health officials deviates significantly from what the president said he wanted to do in September when he first floated a vaping ban. . .

A survey released at the end of 2018 showed that over 1.3 million high school students started using tobacco in 2017 and 2018, which some blamed on increased access to vaping products. The vaping epidemic reached a fever pitch earlier this year after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) published a report claiming that there have been over 450 cases of vaping-related deaths in the U.S. However, opponents of the administration’s ban have pointed to black market THC, a chemical used in Marijuana, as a source behind vaping-related deaths and illnesses. (Read more from “Trump Administration Officially Announces Vape Ban” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Hustler Sends Christmas Card to Lawmakers Featuring Picture of Donald Trump Being Shot

The pornographic publication Hustler sent GOP lawmakers a Christmas card featuring a cartoon depicting President Donald Trump being assassinated.

In the cartoon, the bleeding body of the president is lying in front of smiling onlookers dressed in holiday attire, one of whom is holding a smoking pistol. Inside, the shooter is depicted as saying, “I just shot Donald Trump on Fifth Avenue and no one arrested me.”

The card’s authenticity was verified by Politico reporter Melanie Zanona, who tweeted photos and a short quote from the outlet that, indeed, “the card was sent by HUSTLER and was our official holiday card for 2019.”

(Read more from “Hustler Sends Christmas Card to Lawmakers Featuring Picture of Donald Trump Being Shot” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE

Democrats, Media Attack Trump for Killing Terrorists Responsible for Killing U.S. Soldiers; Senator Signals America’s Next Move Against Iran

By Daily Wire. Democrats and journalists attacked President Donald Trump on Thursday for killing a notorious terrorist who was responsible for murdering hundreds of American soldiers in Iraq.

“U.S. forces killed Qassem Soleimani, leader of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ (IRGC) Qod’s Force — which is a designated terrorist organization — in an airstrike in Baghdad as he was traveling to Baghdad International Airport,” The Daily Wire reported. “Also killed in the strike was top Iraqi paramilitary commander Abu Mahdi al-Mohandes, who headed the Iranian-linked Popular Mobilization Forces.”

Fox News reporter Lucas Tomlinson noted that U.S. government statistics indicate that Iran was responsible for killing at least 608 U.S. troops during Iraq War and that Soleimani led all Iranian and Iranian-backed forces in those operations.

Numerous Democrats and journalists rushed to attack Trump for his decision to launch the strike, which was confirmed by the Department of Defense.

Socialist Democrat presidential candidate Bernie Sanders responded by tweeting, “Trump’s dangerous escalation brings us closer to another disastrous war in the Middle East that could cost countless lives and trillions more dollars. Trump promised to end endless wars, but this action puts us on the path to another one.”

(Read more from “Democrats, Media Attack Trump for Killing Terrorists Responsible for Killing U.S. Soldiers” HERE)

______________________________________________________

Lindsey Graham Signals America’s Next Move Against Iran

By Daily Wire. Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham signaled the United States’ next move against the Islamic Republic of Iran late on Thursday night, warning the Iranian oil refineries may be the next targets.

“U.S. forces killed Qassem Soleimani, leader of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ (IRGC) Qod’s Force — which is a designated terrorist organization — in an airstrike in Baghdad as he was traveling to Baghdad International Airport,” The Daily Wire reported. “Also killed in the strike was top Iraqi paramilitary commander Abu Mahdi al-Mohandes, who headed the Iranian-linked Popular Mobilization Forces.”

Graham responded to the news by tweeting, “If Iranian aggression continues and I worked at an Iranian oil refinery, I would think about a new career.”

Graham’s remark came in a series of tweets which began by him writing, “Wow – the price of killing and injuring Americans has just gone up drastically. Major blow to Iranian regime that has American blood on its hands. Soleimani was one of the most ruthless and vicious members of the Ayatollah’s regime. He had American blood on his hands.”

(Read more from “Lindsey Graham Signals America’s Next Move Against Iran” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE