US Reveals Concern That China Now Has Top Chip Making Tools

The Trump administration is reportedly concerned that a cutting-edge European chipmaking tool may have ended up in Beijing’s hands.

Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick told semiconductor company ASML in a recent meeting that he worried one of their chip-printing machines was sold to China, sources familiar with the discussions told Bloomberg. ASML has never been allowed to ship the extreme ultraviolet lithography (EUV) machines to China due to export controls enacted during President Donald Trump’s first term.

ASML has denied reports that it shipped any EUV machinery to China, Reuters reported on Friday.

“ASML has never ​shipped an EUV machine to China nor have we shipped to China any component, ​module or equipment specially designed to be used in an EUV machine,” the ⁠company told Reuters in a statement.

An ASML spokesperson and the Commerce Department each did not immediately respond to the Daily Caller News Foundation’s request for comment. (Read more from “US Reveals Concern That China Now Has Top Chip Making Tools” HERE)

US Coast Guard Helicopter Crashes In Alaska, Search And Rescue Underway

A search and rescue operation is underway after a U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) helicopter crashed Monday in Sitka, Alaska, authorities said.

“The U.S. Coast Guard is actively responding to a reported crash involving a Coast Guard MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter that occurred today in Sitka, Alaska,” the USCG Arctic District said in a statement. “First responders and search and rescue assets are currently responding. The safety, well-being, and rescue of our crew members is our absolute, immediate priority.”

“The cause of the incident is not yet known. A formal investigation will be conducted to determine the circumstances surrounding the event,” they added.

The USCG Arctic, headquartered in Juneau, Alaska, is responsible for the Alaskan maritime region and polar waters. They cover nearly 4 million square miles and 47,000 miles of shoreline. (Read more from “US Coast Guard Helicopter Crashes In Alaska, Search And Rescue Underway” HERE)

Democrats Are Turning Out In Droves — Even In MAGA Country

Democrats are boasting a major uptick in voter turnout for key races, even in districts that trend towards Republicans.

Primaries and special elections have seen a far greater turnout among Democrats than among Republicans, which may reflect higher turnout in the high-stakes midterms this November, according to an analysis by the Washington Post.

Democrats are outperforming Republicans even in low-stakes races, with Democrats overall casting 12.6 million ballots in House primaries so far this year compared to just 8.6 million in Republican primaries.

In this year’s primaries so far, over 90 percent of Democrat House primaries saw higher voter turnout than in 2022, when the GOP flipped the House, according to the Post’s analysis.

Democrats aren’t just turning out to vote in deep-blue cities but also in races where Republicans are favored to win. (Read more from “Democrats Are Turning Out In Droves — Even In MAGA Country” HERE)

Ebola Spreads in Congo Refugee Camps, Cases Top 1,000

The Ministry of Health for the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) said on Sunday that over 1,000 cases of Ebola have now been confirmed, with 254 deaths.

At least 30 of those fatalities occurred in a single camp for internally displaced persons (IDPs) in the northeastern Congo, increasing fears that Ebola will run wild in crowded and unsanitary refugee camps.

The good news from the DRC Ministry of Health was that 100 people have recovered from Ebola infections – an encouraging recovery rate for the deadly disease amid conditions of poverty, insurgent conflict, and public distrust of health officials. The ministry said at least 365 patients were currently receiving treatment in hospitals and isolation wards.

The worst of the bad news came from the Kigonze refugee camp near Bunia, capital of Ituri province, which is the epicenter of the Ebola Bundibugyo outbreak.

The Kingonze camp has about 15,000 residents, and according to administrators, many of them have refused to be tested for Ebola. At least 30 people have died since the beginning of May after exhibiting symptoms consistent with Ebola, and given the resistance to testing, officials simply have no idea how many people are infected. (Read more from “Ebola Spreads in Congo Refugee Camps, Cases Top 1,000” HERE)

DOJ: No Grants for Amnesty-Pushing ‘Sanctuary’ Cities

The Department of Justice is set to put in place rules that would deny $1 billion in grants to so-called “sanctuary” cities, counties, and states that offer amnesty-like treatment for illegal migrants.

The Department of Justice has announced a new round of $1 billion in public safety grants to cities, counties, and states, but there is one provision Democrats won’t like. To get the grants, localities must agree to work with immigration officials.

The new provision comes as part of the Trump administration’s push to continue growing its immigration enforcement capacities across the board, NPR reported.

The provision is a new wrinkle in grants that have been doled out by the feds to local municipalities for years. And some officials may be required to forgo the long-standing grants due to rules from Democrat politicians preventing local officials from working with federal immigration officers.

For instance, one of the programs consists of $700 million in grants from the Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, which has awarded its “COPS” grants since 1994. These grants have been one of the largest federal funding sources for local police departments for decades. COPS has handed out more than $20 billion to local police departments since the program began. (Read more from “DOJ: No Grants for Amnesty-Pushing ‘Sanctuary’ Cities” HERE)

Fed-Up Trump Threatens to ‘blow the s–t’ Out of Iran — Prompting Tehran to Storm out of US Peace Talks

By New York Post. Iranian negotiators stormed out of the high-level peace talks with the US in Switzerland on Sunday after a frustrated President Trump unleashed his fury on the regime — threatening to seize the Strait of Hormuz and “blow the s–t out of them.”

The talks were abandoned after just 80 minutes when the discussions entered a “difficult phase” following “an insulting message by the US president,” Iran’s state news agency reported.

Vice President JD Vance, who was spearheading the negotiations, had earlier said the US hoped to “turn over a new leaf” with the Islamic Republic.

The talks in the Qatari-owned mountaintop resort of Buergenstock in Switzerland were the first to be held under the terms ‌of a memorandum of understanding (MOU) agreed a week ago.

But hopes of progress were swiftly dashed, and the diplomatic efforts were cut off when Trump, who had been criticized for being too soft on the regime with the MOU, warned that the US would hammer Iran if it didn’t open the Strait of Hormuz and rein in its terrorist proxies. (Read more from “Fed-Up Trump Threatens to ‘blow the s–t’ Out of Iran — Prompting Tehran to Storm out of US Peace Talks” HERE)

_________________________________________________________

Major dispute to threaten Trump’s Iran deal over billions in frozen Tehran funds: expert

By Fox News. As U.S. and Iranian negotiators met in Switzerland on Sunday, a regional analyst warned that a dispute over billions in potentially unfrozen Iranian assets could quickly test the durability of a fledgling interim agreement.

The disagreement is emerging, they say, as Washington and Tehran begin implementing the memorandum of understanding signed June 17, with negotiators holding the first round of talks at Bürgenstock, near Lucerne, Switzerland.

According to Iran International, President Masoud Pezeshkian had signaled Tehran’s expectations early Sunday, saying, “$6 billion of our funds in Qatar will be returned. Trump, who tried to deny Iran its rights, acknowledged them in his recent speech.”

The dispute traces back to discussions at the G7 summit in Évian-les-Bains, France, where world leaders debated the issue.

“We have taken their money, it isn’t our money, it is their money, and we froze it,” President Donald Trump said. “At a certain point in time, I guess we’re going to have to give it back.” (Read more from “Major dispute to threaten Trump’s Iran deal over billions in frozen Tehran funds: expert” HERE)

The Iran War Is Reportedly Bleeding The Pentagon Dry

If the expenses from the Iran War continue to grow, the Pentagon could run out of operational funds during the summer unless Congress passes an emergency wartime spending bill.

The Pentagon needs $80 billion to cover expenses from the Iran War and other expenses, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the discussions. The details of the funding constraints were reportedly unveiled by Deputy Defense Secretary Stephen Feinberg during phone calls with lawmakers.

The $80 billion figure is not yet a formal supplemental request under Congressional consideration. Any such request would first need approval from the White House Office of Management and Budget before being sent to Capitol Hill.

“… we think it [spending on the Iran War] is closer to 29 [billion dollars],” Jules W. Hurst III, who formerly performed the duties of under secretary of war (comptroller) and chief financial officer, said during a May 12 House Appropriations Subcommittee hearing. That estimate, however, has not been publicly updated, and the real cost is likely much higher.

The White House, the Office of Management and Budget, the Senate Appropriations Committee, the Senate Armed Services Committee, the House GOP press office, and the House Armed Services Committee Majority Staff did not immediately respond to a Daily Caller News Foundation request for comment. The Department of War declined to comment. (Read more from “The Iran War Is Reportedly Bleeding The Pentagon Dry” HERE)

The Anthony Fauci, COVID-19 Origins Cover-Up Runs ‘Deep’ into Our Intelligence Community

On her final day as director of national intelligence Friday, Tulsi Gabbard released damning declassified evidence accusing Dr. Anthony Fauci of causing the COVID-19 pandemic, engaging in a cover-up about the virus origins in China and lying to Congress about it.

Perhaps most disturbingly, he was assisted by the US intelligence community.

“It’s time you know the truth,” said Gabbard when she released “never-before-seen communications and documents exposing how Dr. Fauci provided millions in US taxpayer dollars to fund dangerous gain-of-function research at the Wuhan lab, worked with politicized elements within the Intelligence Community to suppress the truth about his actions and hide the virus’ lab-leak origins, and lied to Congress while under oath in 2024 . . . The tactics used to hide the truth are straight from the deep state playbook.”

Right on cue, two days after the bombshell release, on Sunday, The Washington Post ran a 9,000-word hit piece accusing Gabbard of taking instructions from a Hindu “cult leader” described in the headline as her “guru.”

It was a gratuitous exercise in guilt-by-association masquerading as an investigation, another tactic straight from the deep state playbook. (Read more from “The Anthony Fauci, COVID-19 Origins Cover-Up Runs ‘Deep’ into Our Intelligence Community” HERE)

One Question May Reveal Whether Your Body is Getting the Rest it Needs, Study Finds

Feeling older than your actual age could be a sign that you’re not getting enough quality sleep, according to new research.

A study led by researchers at the National Sleep Foundation and published in the journal Sleep found that adults who felt older than their chronological age were more likely to report insomnia symptoms, irregular sleep patterns and daytime fatigue.

The study involved more than 3,100 adults, who were asked a simple question: “How old do you feel?”

Researchers then compared participants’ answers with measures of sleep quality, sleep consistency and daytime functioning.

People who felt older than their actual age consistently reported poorer sleep and greater sleep-related impairment than those who felt younger or closer to their chronological age.

Researchers also found that people who felt older than their age were more likely to report poorer physical health. (Read more from “One Question May Reveal Whether Your Body is Getting the Rest it Needs, Study Finds” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Senate Wades Even Deeper Into Bloody Years-Long Proxy War In New Defense Bill

As the Trump administration looks for an off-ramp to the Ukraine-Russia conflict, the Senate appears to be heading in the opposite direction as it floats continued “intelligence support” to help Kyiv take back Crimea and other Russian-held territories.

The language is buried in Section 1223 of the proposed Senate version of the 2027 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), “Intelligence Support for Ukraine.” The provision is being proposed as the Russia-Ukraine conflict continues to escalate, with Moscow threatening strikes on Western Europe in response to drone attacks from Kyiv that have brought the battlefield home.

Ukraine launched the largest drone attack on Moscow since the beginning of the war shortly after the proposed legislation was released on Thursday, Reuters reported, citing Andrei Vorobyov, ​the governor of Moscow Oblast. Russian air defense systems shot down 555 drones during the attack, state-funded TASS Russian News Agency reported, citing the Russian Ministry of Defense.

“The Secretary of Defense shall provide intelligence support, including information, intelligence, and imagery collection authorized under title 10, United States Code, to the Government of Ukraine for the purpose of supporting military operations of the Government of Ukraine that are intended to defend and retake the territory of Ukraine,” Section 1223 of the proposed Senate version of the 2027 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) reads.

The language proposed in the Senate version of the 2027 NDAA specifies that Crimea is among these goals. Notably, the 2023 and 2026 NDAA also offer “intelligence” support for Ukraine, but do not go as far as formally recognizing Crimea as Ukrainian territory to be reclaimed. (Read more from “Senate Wades Even Deeper Into Bloody Years-Long Proxy War In New Defense Bill” HERE)