Archaeologists Unearth Fourth-Century Roman Mosaic

Archaeologists have uncovered a stunning Roman mosaic hidden beneath farmland in the UK.

Made up of thousands of colorful stone cubes arranged in a floral pattern, the fourth-century mosaic was found among the ruins of a Roman villa in Devon, England.

The ruins date back to England’s time as part of the Roman Empire, which spanned from around 43 to 410 A.D.

Researchers also discovered an elaborate bathhouse nearby with multiple plunge pools and painted plaster walls, along with other artifacts.

The discoveries were shared last month after a two-month dig on farmland between the villages of Halberton and Sampford Peverell, led by archaeologists at the University of Exeter and Cotswold Archaeology, according to a press release from Exeter. Volunteers worked alongside experts to uncover the site. (Read more from “Archaeologists Unearth Fourth-Century Roman Mosaic” HERE)

Thousands of Illegal African Migrants Overrun Spanish Enclave, turn Streets into Open Toilets and Bathe in Fountains: ‘An apocalypse’

An unprecedented wave of 60,000 illegal migrants from Africa flooded the Spanish enclave of Ceuta this week, prompting Spain to deploy its military – as terrified locals likened the invasion to an “apocalypse.”

Harrowing local media reports reveal residents and business owners in Ceuta – a Spanish territory located on the north African coast – are too afraid to open their doors amid the rush of migrants, many of whom arrived wearing nothing but swimwear, without a penny or possession to their name.

“Businesses closed. Shops shut because if you open a business, it gets overrun … We’re scared. The streets are packed. There are no measures in place. It’s every man for himself. They’re not giving us any help,” a frightened downtown restaurant owner who didn’t want to give their name told state-owned Spanish media outlet RTVE.

Ceuta’s president estimated Friday that around 60,000 people had crossed by sea and land from Morocco over the past 24 hours — a sea of humanity representing nearly 70% of Ceuta’s population of 85,000.

Spain’s Interior Ministry, meanwhile, estimated that about 50,000 migrants had crossed the border – but in a stunning reversal by 6 p.m. Friday, 48,300 had already returned home. (Read more from “Thousands of Illegal African Migrants Overrun Spanish Enclave, turn Streets into Open Toilets and Bathe in Fountains: ‘An apocalypse’” HERE)

Iran Denies Reports of Peace Talks with U.S.: Only Talking to Oman

By Breitbart. The Iranian Foreign Ministry claimed during its regular briefing on Monday that its officials were not engaged in any direct negotiations with the administration of President Donald Trump, but rather working out a plan for the Strait of Hormuz with the government of Oman.

The statements out of Tehran followed President Trump announcing this weekend that he had allegedly planned a major military strike on Iran, but canceled it to allow for more peace conversations with the rogue terrorist state. Trump described the alleged agreement to end hostilities as “imminent,” requiring a pause in American military action for it to be completed.

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baqaei told reporters that Iran is engaged in negotiations, but only with neighboring Oman on how to manage the Strait of Hormuz. As a result of the ongoing conflict between Iran and America that began in February, Iranian armed forces have maintained a campaign of belligerent action against commercial shipping in the Strait of Hormuz, significantly damaging the ability for neighboring Gulf states to sell their fossil fuels and sending oil prices skyrocketing worldwide.

“Stating that there had been no third party in the talks with Oman, he [Baqaei] noted the issues related to the United States and its implementation of commitments would be reviewed later, in accordance with the circumstances,” the state-run Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA) reported on Monday. The spokesman described the talks with Oman in optimistic terms, but insisted Washington played no role in them.

Baqaei reportedly stated that Iran was “not negotiating with the U.S. at the moment.” (Read more from “Iran Denies Reports of Peace Talks with U.S.: Only Talking to Oman” HERE)

______________________________________________________

Trump gives Iran ‘last chance’ to sign deal before ‘decapitation’ — sets target date for Strait of Hormuz to reopen

By New York Post. President Trump declared on Monday he’s giving Iran one “last chance before decapitation” – betting on lucky No. 13 for his final ultimatum.

Speaking from the Oval Office, Trump claimed negotiations are underway to reopen the Strait of Hormuz as soon as Tuesday after he called off a large-scale “World War II” intensity military operation over the weekend to give Iran a final chance to avoid destruction.

“This is a last chance,” Trump said. “This is the last chance for them to sign a good document.”

“I want to give them every last chance before decapitation,” he added.

The president has given Iran at least a dozen chances since the war began on Feb. 28, threatening strikes or imposing deadlines for major actions by Tehran only to reverse course or extend time limits, according to a review by The Post of prior statements. (Read more from “Trump gives Iran ‘last chance’ to sign deal before ‘decapitation’ — sets target date for Strait of Hormuz to reopen” HERE)

Seven Dead after Ukrainian Drone Strikes Popular Russian Beach

At least seven people, including three children, have been killed after a Ukrainian drone crashed onto a popular beach on the Russian Black Sea coast, according to Russian authorities.

Another 40 people were injured after a drone crashed into the busy holiday resort near the town of Gelendzhik on Monday.

Footage on social media shows the moment the drone veered towards the beach before slamming into it and causing a large explosion, which sent people fleeing from the water.

Officials said 17 people were rushed to the hospital following the incident and a specialist medical disaster team had been dispatched to the scene of the explosion.

Veniamin Kondratyev, the governor of Russia’s ‌southern Krasnodar region, which includes the resort, described the incident as a tragedy. (Read more from “Seven Dead after Ukrainian Drone Strikes Popular Russian Beach” HERE)

Aggressive HOAs are Running out of Money and Foreclosing on More Residents than ever Before

America’s homeowners associations are running out of money — and patience.

Amid rising insurance premiums, drained reserve funds and increased safety measures in the wake of the Surfside condominium collapse, the country’s hundreds of thousands of homeowners associations are cracking down on delinquent residents.

Even more startling, HOAs are skipping grace periods and handing delinquent accounts over to attorneys.

HOA foreclosures spiked nearly 40% in two years to 6,376 properties in the first quarter, according to real estate analytics firm Attom, as reported by the Wall Street Journal, putting its pace ahead of overall mortgage foreclosure rates.

These foreclosure sales are “like most foreclosures in that they are typically an auction,” attorney Kirk Pearson, who represents homeowners in HOA disputes, told The Post. (Read more from “Aggressive HOAs are Running out of Money and Foreclosing on More Residents than ever Before” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Fed-up Spaniards Lash out at Socialist Prime Minister after Migrant Invasion: ‘A third-world country’

Outraged Spaniards lashed out at their socialist Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez for turning the country into a “third-world” hellhole overrun with migrants.

Furious locals booed Sánchez and dubbed him a “son of a b—h” as he arrived Friday in the country’s North African enclave of Ceuta the day after an unprecedented 60,000 migrants flooded in from neighboring Morocco.

“Everybody hates him,” a 21-year-old Spanish-Italian entrepreneur who is studying in upstate New York told The Post.

“Do you think it’s normal that people have to barbed wire the terrace of their apartments? We’re talking about Spain — now it looks like a third-world country,” he fumed.

The student, who did not want to be identified, added that his grandparents in the mainland city of Malaga think the situation is “an absolute disgrace.”

“They’ve told me Spain has gotten out of control,” he said. (Read more from “Fed-up Spaniards Lash out at Socialist Prime Minister after Migrant Invasion: ‘A third-world country’” HERE)

Argentine Leader Calls Brazilian President a ‘Thief’ and a ‘Convict’

Brazil has recalled its ambassador to Argentina in protest over what it said were “insults” levelled by Argentine President Javier Milei against his Brazilian counterpart, Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, during a visit to Brazil.

Milei was speaking at a rally in São Paulo to launch the campaign of Flávio Bolsonaro, who will be running against Lula in Brazil’s presidential election in October.

While Milei did not use Lula’s name, he railed against “the thief” and “the convict”, referring to the time Lula spent in jail before his corruption convictions were annulled and he successfully ran for president in 2022.

Milei is a political ally of Flávio Bolsonaro, son of jailed ex-president Jair Bolsonaro.

Jair Bolsonaro was sentenced to more than 27 years in jail for plotting a coup aimed at keeping him in power after he lost the 2022 election to Lula. (Read more from “Argentine Leader Calls Brazilian President a ‘Thief’ and a ‘Convict’” HERE)

Ukraine Attacks Iranian Vessel in Caspian Sea, Tehran Furious, Says Zelensky Trying to Drag Europe into Gulf War

Iran summoned a Ukrainian diplomat in Tehran on Sunday to protest an attack on an Iranian commercial vessel in the Caspian Sea, as the war in the Middle East threatened to overlap with the Ukraine conflict.

Iran said the attack left one sailor dead and injured several others. The country’s foreign ministry complained to Ukraine’s chargé d’affaires in Tehran early on Sunday and “conveyed Iran’s strong protest over the ‘hostile and criminal act.’” Iran’s Islamic Republic News Agency reported.

In a post on X highlighting Ukraine’s attacks on distant Russian targets, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said Saturday that his country’s forces “also achieved very strong results with long‑range strikes in the Caspian Sea – including vessels used in military cargo shipments involving Iran, as well as a warship.”

Russia has long used Iranian-designed Shahed drones in its war on Ukraine, a weapon that analysts sometimes refer to as “the poor man’s cruise missile.”

But the latest attacks by Ukraine, combined with Saudi military strikes on Iran-backed Houthi targets in Yemen following the rebel group’s attacks on Red Sea shipping in recent days, represent a widening of the Middle East conflict. (Read more from “Ukraine Attacks Iranian Vessel in Caspian Sea, Tehran Furious, Says Zelensky Trying to Drag Europe into Gulf War” HERE)

Israeli Security Minister Joins Jewish Extremists as they Storm Temple Mount

By The Guardian. Israel’s far-right minister of national security, Itamar Ben-Gvir, joined thousands of Jewish extremists who stormed Jerusalem’s most sensitive holy site on Thursday.

Escorted by armed police, they prayed, waved the Israeli flag and sang the national anthem in a provocative display of political power.

Under a fragile, decades-old agreement known as the status quo, non-Muslim prayer is banned at the site, known to Muslims as al-Haram al-Sharif compound and to Jews as the Temple Mount.

Ben-Gvir has eroded the agreement in recent years through a series of inflammatory visits to the compound, and unilateral changes to rules for Jewish visitors, including allowing them to bring prayers and printed religious material to the site. . .

In a statement, the Palestinian ministry of religious endowments and affairs said: “These provocative practices, emanating from the highest political levels of the occupying government, seek to ignite a religious war throughout the entire region.” (Read more from “Israeli Security Minister Joins Jewish Extremists as they Storm Temple Mount” HERE)

______________________________________________________

Israel’s Ben-Gvir visits flashpoint Al-Aqsa Mosque compound

By Reuters. Israeli far-right police minister Itamar Ben-Gvir visited the flashpoint Al-Aqsa Mosque compound in Jerusalem on Thursday, praising Jewish visitors he ​said had prayed at the site in breach of arrangements ‌that allow only Muslim prayer there.

His visit drew condemnation from Jordan and Palestinian officials. . .

Jordan’s foreign ministry and the Palestinian religious affairs ministry both condemned Ben-Gvir’s ​visit, which they said violated the status-quo agreements.

Jordan ​said Ben-Gvir’s ⁠visit was “a desecration of the sanctity of the mosque, an escalation, a barbaric act, and unacceptable provocation.”

There was no immediate comment from Netanyahu’s office. ⁠Previous such ​visits and statements by Ben-Gvir have prompted ​announcements from Netanyahu saying that there is no change in Israel’s policy of keeping the ​status quo. (Read more from “Israel’s Ben-Gvir visits flashpoint Al-Aqsa Mosque compound” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

US Launches New Wave of Strikes Against Iran for Ninth Straight Night; CENTCOM Announces 3 US Service Member Deaths in Jordan, Iraq

U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) launched another round of strikes against Iran on Sunday, extending its military campaign into a ninth straight night.

“CENTCOM began conducting a new wave of strikes against Iran at 7 p.m. ET today for the ninth consecutive night,” the command said in a post shared on X. . .

President Donald Trump said Sunday that the U.S. military campaign against Iran is focused on ensuring Tehran has no path to obtaining a nuclear missile.

“We were doing a little job and stopping them from having a certain capability,” Trump told reporters at Joint Base Andrews.

“Now we’re just ending it, so it’s really not the same thing. What we’re doing now is we’re ending any chance that they can have a nuclear missile,” he added. . .

President Donald Trump on Sunday paid tribute to U.S. service members killed in recent attacks linked to Iran, saying American forces launched another round of strikes “in honor” of them.

At Joint Base Andrews, Trump also said the service members had sacrificed their lives to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon.

“Well, we feel very badly. But you know, those great people, those great patriots were out there fighting so that Iran could not have a nuclear weapon,” Trump said.

“Iran has been very, very badly damaged. They’ve lost everything almost militarily. They’ve got very little left,” he added. (Read more from “US Launches New Wave of Strikes Against Iran for Ninth Straight Night; CENTCOM Announces 3 US Service Member Deaths in Jordan, Iraq” HERE)