Fitness Club Sued After Employee Allegedly Tossed Toddler In Air, Didn’t Catch Him

Matthew and Elena Kittle filed a lawsuit July 2 against a fitness club in California after a childcare worker allegedly tossed their 23-month-old son six feet in the air and didn’t catch him.

The Kittles’ son, identified by the initials C.K., suffered a traumatic brain injury on March 17, 2025, after a Bay Club emloyee at its El Segundo Clubhouse location in El Segundo tossed him in the air, according to the lawsuit obtained by the Daily Caller. The toddler’s head allegedly struck the hardwood floor after the employee failed to catch him with the worker falling atop him. Matthew dropped C.K. off at 8:35 a.m. at the Clubhouse and informed the workers that he would be at The Bay Club Manhattan Country Club for approximately three hours, according to the lawsuit. The lawsuit was filed against The Bay Clubs Co. LLC and Bay Club South Bay LLC, the latter of which operates both the Clubhouse and the Manhattan Country Club. C.K. was 23 months old at the time.

A security video from the Bay Club appears to show a childcare worker picking up C.K.and throwing him in the air. She swings him between her legs, above her head, lets go of his hands, and he falls over her head, according to the footage. She appears to fall on top of him. The lawsuit said C.K. then began crying hysterically. The incident allegedly happened at 9:20 a.m.

After the incident, the Bay Club called Matthew at 9:30 a.m. after a previous missed call to his wife and said C.K had “fallen” but “calmed down,” according to the lawsuit. The employee allegedly asked whether the Kittles would like to pick up their child but told them she did not think they needed to. The lawsuit argues she downplayed the severity of the incident.

Matthew first said he would consult with his wife before calling back at 9:34 a.m. and being told he was not allowed to speak to the El Segundo Clubhouse staff directly, the lawsuit alleged. He told the Bay Club staff he would pick up C.K. after the allotted time, according to the documents. (Read more from “Fitness Club Sued After Employee Allegedly Tossed Toddler In Air, Didn’t Catch Him” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Army Officer Sentenced to 12 Years for Secretly Drugging Pregnant Soldier with Abortion Pills

An Army officer who secretly drugged a pregnant junior enlisted soldier with abortion pills has been sentenced to 12 years behind bars, Army officials said.

Capt. Brandon Jones-Adams, 34, pleaded guilty to several offenses, including intentionally killing an unborn child, domestic violence, fraternization and conduct unbecoming of an officer, Military.com reported on July 3. He was sentenced during a military trial at Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM) in Washington.

Officials said Jones-Adams admitted to covertly putting abortion drugs in the soldier’s drink. Investigators concluded he ordered the abortion drug mifepristone online using a fake name after trying multiple times to obtain the drug from other sources, per the report.

Jones-Adams and the victim met in November 2024 and had a consensual relationship while assigned to the same battalion, which included a nine-month stint in South Korea. The soldier became pregnant in May 2025, according to the report.

Jones-Adams poured the victim a drink on August 21, 2025, at his home in Puyallup, Washington. After she finished the drink, she noticed a residue in the cup and suspected he had drugged her, according to the report. Shortly after, she began having severe cramping and went to the emergency room at JBLM. While at the hospital, she told medical staff she was concerned she had been drugged. (Read more from “Army Officer Sentenced to 12 Years for Secretly Drugging Pregnant Soldier with Abortion Pills” HERE)

Nurse Arrested After 73 Dead Cats Found In Home

A Michigan nurse was arraigned on charges of animal cruelty Monday after authorities removed over 100 cats, 73 of which were dead, from her home.

Emily Karolski, 41, faces charges of animal cruelty to 25 or more animals and animal burial, according to court documents cited by The Detroit News. Fox 2 Detroit described Karolski as “a nurse practitioner who cares for newborns and noted that her house is located in Dryden Township, north of Detroit.

Township police responded to a package delivery driver’s report of a stench emerging from the house, according to Lapeer County Prosecutor John D. Miller, the Detroit News reported. The driver claimed that the odor, which he could smell 150 feet away from the building, made him think someone had died inside.

Officers initiated a welfare check and discovered approximately a dozen dead cats on a kitchen counter as they peered through a window. After police discovered she was not home, firefighters arrived at the scene to help them enter the home, the county prosecutor reported.

When first responders got into the house, they became dizzy and developed headaches because of the stench, causing them to leave the building immediately. They successfully reentered the home after putting on respirators. (Read more from “Nurse Arrested After 73 Dead Cats Found In Home” HERE)

Trans People Leaving Red States Drain Democrat-Run Seattle’s Nonprofits

Increasing numbers of transgender people are reportedly leaving red states for Democrat-run Seattle, Washington, and a nonprofit in the area is struggling to keep up with the demand.

The group called Traction has assisted over 1,000 transgender people in moving to the area since 2024 but it and other nonprofits, according to a Washington Post article published on Tuesday, are running out of resources.

“Though trans people make up just 1 percent of the population in Washington state, the nonprofits that help them say their budgets are drained and their staffs are stretched so thin that last month the Seattle LGBTQ Commission asked Mayor Katie Wilson (D) to declare a civil state of emergency. Such a declaration would free up general fund dollars to bolster the nonprofits’ finances as they help transplants find housing and jobs,” the outlet said.

The report also cited a poll that suggested about 400,000 transgender adults left red states not long after President Donald Trump beat former Vice President Kamala Harris in the 2024 election.

A poll in 2023 found one-third of Seattle’s residents were considering leaving mainly due to home prices and crime, while homelessness has also been a major issue plaguing the area. (Read more from “Trans People Leaving Red States Drain Democrat-Run Seattle’s Nonprofits” HERE)

Two US Soccer Staff Members Mysteriously Suspended by FIFA Ahead of World Cup Loss

Two U.S. soccer staff members were quietly suspended by FIFA for Monday’s match against Belgium.

Without public explanation from FIFA, team manager Sam Zapatka and U.S. Soccer Federation vice president of security Frank Pannell were banned.

The suspensions were announced on FIFA’s disciplinary previews for Monday’s game, but they did not make it until the third edition.

FIFA first posted about Folarin Balogun’s red card, then removed Balogun in the second edition, before adding the US staff members for the third.

These are the only two updates to a disciplinary preview so far this World Cup. (Read more from “Two US Soccer Staff Members Mysteriously Suspended by FIFA Ahead of World Cup Loss” HERE)

Teacher Receives Almost $300K Settlement over Charlie Kirk Assassination Post

Former Georgia teacher Michelle Mickens settled her lawsuit with the Oglethorpe County School District on Wednesday after claiming she was unfairly punished over quotes related to Turning Point USA founder Charlie Kirk after his assassination.

In October, the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) filed a lawsuit on behalf of Mickens after she was placed on indefinite leave and reportedly encouraged to resign for making controversial comments about Kirk’s assassination on her private Facebook page in September.

“I think it’s worth it. I think it’s worth to have a cost of, unfortunately, some gun deaths every single year so that we can have the Second Amendment to protect our other God-given rights.- Charlie Kirk,” her initial post read.

Mickens later took part in a discussion with a Facebook friend who disagreed with her post, where she condemned political violence but added that the world was “safer” without Kirk.

“Yeah, you took this way too far. You make a lot of horrible assumptions here, but that says more about you than it does about me. I don’t condone violence of any kind, and I certainly don’t condone this, but he was a horrible person, a fascist full of hate for anyone who was different,” Mickens wrote. (Read more from “Teacher Receives Almost $300K Settlement over Charlie Kirk Assassination Post” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Toddler’s Morgue Miracle after Pool Scare Leads to Possible Felony Charges

Arizona police have recommended felony child abuse charges against the parents of an 18-month-old boy who investigators say nearly drowned after they admitted using marijuana and failed to properly supervise him during a Super Bowl party earlier this year. The child later drew national attention after he was mistakenly declared dead before being found alive hours later in a hospital morgue. . .

Investigators say Vincent disappeared from his parents’ view during the gathering before guests found him floating face down in a backyard swimming pool. According to a police report obtained by AZFamily, both parents later admitted to smoking marijuana during the party. The report alleges Vincent’s fall into the pool went unnoticed because both parents were impaired by marijuana and/or other mind-altering substances.

After Vincent was pulled from the water, first responders transported him to Mercy Gilbert Medical Center, where a doctor pronounced him dead that evening, according to police. The case took an extraordinary turn hours later when medical personnel discovered the toddler was alive and breathing after he had already been transferred to the hospital’s morgue around 7:23 p.m., according to police. Vincent was immediately airlifted to Phoenix Children’s Hospital for treatment.

The police report alleges responding officers and Vincent’s parents questioned whether the toddler had actually died before he was pronounced dead, saying they believed he was still showing signs of life. Hospital staff reportedly told them Vincent was exhibiting agonal breathing, an involuntary reflex that can occur near death.

According to the report, a nurse later reported detecting a pulse after the child had been pronounced dead. Detectives allege the physician who made the initial determination maintained his assessment was correct and instructed hospital staff to stop lifesaving measures despite concerns from Vincent’s parents and responding officers that the toddler still appeared to be breathing. Police did not recommend criminal charges against the physician, according to AZFamily. (Read more from “Toddler’s Morgue Miracle after Pool Scare Leads to Possible Felony Charges” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

‘We’re Really Circling Back to This?’ U.S. City That Responded to AIDS Catastrophe by Banning Gay Bathhouses is Now Bringing Them Back

It was some 40 years ago that the AIDS catastrophe struck America, mostly in the homosexual community.

The Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome proved a lethal threat, and the response included a decision by the city of Minneapolis to ban gay bathhouses, the scenes of rampant sexual activity.

Now the city is bringing them back.

The Minneapolis City Council recently approved repealing a ban on adult bathhouses, with nine members of a 13-person council endorsing that action.

When the new locations open, “consenting adults can legally engage in sexual activity” there, according to reports. The plan also provides exemptions to existing “indecent conduct laws” so that that activity can happen.

The ban, back in the day, even had the support of Councilman Brian Coyle, the first-known gay Minneapolis city councilor who later died of AIDS-related illnesses. (Read more from “’We’re Really Circling Back to This?’ U.S. City That Responded to AIDS Catastrophe by Banning Gay Bathhouses is Now Bringing Them Back” HERE)

Three of Nine Supremes Believe in ‘Transgender Girls’

Three of the nine justices on the U.S. Supreme Court believe that boys can swap their legal sex to become girls by just saying so.

The endorsement of the revolutionary demands of transgenderism came from Justice Sonia Sotomayor, backed by Justice Elena Kagan and Ketanji Brown Jackson, who wrote:

[Male] Respondent B. P. J. is a transgender girl who wants to live her life consistent with her gender identity.

The three judges’ acceptance of the so-called “transgender” claim is based on the progressives’ political demand that people they favor can and should be liberated from biological, intellectual, and social constraints that they dislike. In contrast, conservatives believe that civic norms and laws should manage the competitive and unchanging nature of human biology, such as biological differences that would disadvantage nearly all women in mixed-sex sports competitions.

The faith in progressive self-liberation is described in the three judges’ dissent against the court’s majority decision that recognized the legal term “sex” has been based on unchangeable biology:

The term “sex” in Title IX, the Javits Amendment, and the Title IX regulations cannot plausibly be interpreted to refer to anything other than biological sex. The ordinary meaning of the term “sex” at the time of enactment in the early 1970s was biological sex and not gender identity, particularly in the sports context

(Read more from “Three of Nine Supremes Believe in ‘Transgender Girls’” HERE)

REPORT: 10-Year-Old Accused Of Shooting Baby In Head Execution-Style

Officials charged a 10-year-old Missouri boy with murder after he allegedly shot a 7-month-old baby in the head execution-style June 26, according to a report.

St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department (SLMPD) officers responded to the incident just after 4:00 p.m. and found the baby, identified as 7-month-old Kiyomi Parker, within the residence, according to an SLMPD press release. The baby died from her wounds. Homicide Detectives and Child Abuse Detectives later opened an investigation into the incident and learned that an unidentified 10-year-old boy shot the child, the SLMPD alleged. Witnesses said the 10-year-old retrieved a gun and shot the infant, according to court documents cited by First Alert 4. The boy confessed that he shot baby in the head, WTHR13 reported, citing a probable cause statement.

Officers transported Parker to a local hospital in a patrol SUV and administered emergency aid, the SLMPD said. The child was declared dead at the hospital, police said, First Alert 4 reported.

Officers allegedly learned that Ca’Marion Pawnell, the baby’s father, stored a gun beneath a mattress in one of the residence’s bedroooms by interviewing witnesses, including the 10-year-old. The minor confessed that he was aware of where the firearm was and had retrieved it before, according to the court documents.

Pawnell, 19, allegedly confirmed the gun belonged to him and he had placed it beneath the mattress. Pawnell has been charged with one count of second-degree felony murder, one count of endangering the welfare of a child resulting in death, and two counts of endangering the welfare of a child creating substantial risk, according to court documents. He remains held without bond, First Alert 4 reported. (Read more from “REPORT: 10-Year-Old Accused Of Shooting Baby In Head Execution-Style” HERE)