Garland Accidentally Admitted Biden DOJ Thwarted Weiss’s Hunter Investigation

U.S. Attorney, now Special Counsel, David Weiss did not have full charging authority during the bulk of his federal investigation into Hunter Biden, Attorney General Merrick Garland slyly admitted in his testimony to the House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday.

Garland’s confession contradicts his previous under-oath insistence that Weiss possessed all of the authority he needed to properly charge President Joe Biden’s youngest son with various tax and gun crimes, some of which extended to other jurisdictions.

“You said [Weiss] had complete authority but he’d already been turned down. He wanted to bring an action in the District of Columbia and the U.S. attorney there said ‘no, you can’t.’ And then you go tell the United States Senate under oath that he has complete authority,” Chairman Jim Jordan explained during the hearing.

“No one had the authority to turn him down,” Garland claimed. One second later, Garland divulged that those U.S. attorneys in fact “could refuse to partner with him.”

(Read more from “Garland Accidentally Admitted Biden DOJ Thwarted Weiss’s Hunter Investigation” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Lawsuit: Democrats’ No-Excuse Absentee Voting Law Violates New York Constitution

New York’s new no-excuse absentee voting law violates its state constitution, a new lawsuit filed by a coalition of Republican groups and politicians alleges.

Filed on Wednesday by the Republican National Committee and other Republican-affiliated groups, the suit contends that a law signed by Democrat Gov. Kathy Hochul “allow[ing] any registered voter in the state to cast an early ballot by mail” breaches the New York Constitution. Under New York’s top legal document, absentee voting is strictly reserved for qualified voters who may be “absent from the county of their residence” or “unable to appear personally at the polling place because of illness or physical disability.”

The RNC alleges that New York’s new voting law ignores this provision by permitting “qualified voters to vote by mail rather than in person, even if they do not satisfy either of the two limited exceptions set forth” in the state constitution.

“The Mail-Voting Law was enacted by the Legislature in open and knowing defiance of Article II, § 2, ignoring and subverting the will of the People whom the Legislature is supposed to represent,” the lawsuit reads. The suit’s plaintiffs — who were brought together with the assistance of Restoring Integrity and Trust in Elections (RITE) — include Republican Reps. Elise Stefanik and Claudia Tenney, among others. (Read more from “Lawsuit: Democrats’ No-Excuse Absentee Voting Law Violates New York Constitution” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Guess What Iran Did Right After Biden Gave Them $6 Billion

Last week President Joe Biden announced the unfreezing of $6 billion in Iranian regime assets and the release of five Iranian prisoners in exchange for 5 five American hostages. White House officials claim the new infusion of cash is designated for humanitarian purposes and rejecting the classification the deal was a ransom payment.

The move has been widely criticized as an incentive for the Iranian regime, and other adversarial governments, to kidnap Americans. Lawmakers on Capitol Hill and former Trump admimitration officials warned the cash will only fuel bad behavior and terrorist attacks.

During remarks at the United Nations General Assembly in New York this week, Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi proved Biden’s critics correct and threatened to assassinate American officials. (Read more from “Guess What Iran Did Right After Biden Gave Them $6 Billion” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Ignorant, Pathetic Merrick Garland Wilts on the Hot Seat Before Congress; The Biggest Takeaways From Garland’s Testimony About the Hunter Biden Case

By New York Post. You would think that an attorney general who has presided over the embarrassing debacle of the Hunter Biden investigation would express contrition, or maybe a little anger at the underlings who have shamed him, when he is hauled before a congressional committee to explain his failures. . .

The nation’s chief law enforcement officer has no special insight into the malfeasance unfolding under his nose.

He is just an oblivious bystander, unperturbed by the tyrannical turn the DOJ has taken under his leadership, persecuting his boss’ political enemies and coddling the crooked president’s crooked relatives.

Even though Garland used to be a judge, he makes no judgments at all.

He professes to have no view about US Attorney David Weiss’ farcical five-year “investigation” of the president’s 53-year-old son, Hunter. (Read more from “Ignorant, Pathetic Merrick Garland Wilts on the Hot Seat Before Congress” HERE)

________________________________________________

The Biggest Takeaways From Merrick Garland’s Testimony About the Hunter Biden Case

By Daily Caller. Attorney General Merrick Garland testified before the House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday and responded to numerous questions surrounding the ongoing Hunter Biden case. . .

Republican Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan pressed Garland on his previous testimony to Republican Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley that Weiss had complete authority. Jordan emphasized Graves’ decision not to “partner” with Weiss on bringing charges against Hunter Biden.

“I’m going to say again that no one had the authority to turn him down, they could refuse to partner with him,” Garland testified in response to Jordan. . .

Republican Louisiana Rep. Mike Johnson questioned Garland on whether his office requested an investigation into the whistleblower testimony.

“There are well-known processes for how whistleblowers make their claims. I am a strong proponent of whistleblowers and a strong defender. We have an inspector general, we have the office of professional responsibility. that is the way in which complaints from whistleblowers should be, and are, appropriately handled,” Garland said.

(Read more from “The Biggest Takeaways From Merrick Garland’s Testimony About the Hunter Biden Case” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Senate Confirms Chairman of Joint Chiefs as GOP Senator Still Blocking Hundreds of Military Nominees

The Senate on Wednesday confirmed Gen. CQ Brown as the next chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, putting him in place to succeed Gen. Mark Milley when he retires at the end of the month.

Brown’s confirmation on a 83-11 vote, months after President Joe Biden nominated him for the post, comes as Democrats try to maneuver around holds placed on hundreds of nominations by Alabama Sen. Tommy Tuberville over the Pentagon‘s abortion policy. The Senate is also expected to confirm Gen. Randy George to be Army Chief of Staff and Gen. Eric Smith as commandant of the U.S. Marine Corps this week.

Tuberville has been blocking the Senate from the routine process of approving military nominations in groups, frustrating Democrats who had said they would not go through the time-consuming process of bringing up individual nominations for a vote. More than 300 nominees are still stalled amid Tuberville‘s blockade, and confirming them one-by-one would take months.

But Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., reversed course on Wednesday and moved to force votes on Brown, George and Smith. (Read more from “Senate Confirms Chairman of Joint Chiefs as GOP Senator Still Blocking Hundreds of Military Nominees” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Actor Says Democratic Elite ‘Sold Out the Working Class for Decades’: ‘Full of S–t’

John Cusack had some strong words for the Democratic Party elite, Monday, when he branded them as being “full of s—” and blasted them on social media for allegedly selling out the working class “for decades.”

“They have played a major part in creating the precise conditions for fascism to flourish – Obama corporatist democrats – are to the right of Richard Nixon on domestic policy – Don’t believe me – look it up – and Dems have sold out the working class for decades – and this kind of bought and paid-for betrayal of principals [sic], fairness – historical precedent -any sense of moral or intellectual honesty – The kind of brutal selfish horrific actions one only does – because they can get away with it,” he wrote in part on X, formerly Twitter, Monday.

The 57-year-old “Say Anything” and “High Fidelity” star’s lengthy post continued with a takedown of the party’s complacency with the wealthy, not-far-enough-left politics and neglecting certain principles. . .

“All your Yale and Harvard buddies will tell you how great and smart you all are – and they are all in bed with all the same big , big money power players- And we run the world – right ? – this kind of staggering amoral bulls— is one of the main reason ( yes there are others ) Trump’s demagoguery works on people. The Democratic elite ARE full of s—,” he continued. (Read more from “Actor Says Democratic Elite ‘Sold Out the Working Class for Decades’: ‘Full of S–t’ HERE)

Photo credit: Brave New Films via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

HHS Pulls All Federal Funding From Wuhan Institute of Virology

The Department of Health and Human Services on Wednesday issued a notice barring the Wuhan Institute of Virology from federal funding for 10 years due to conducting experiments with high potential for dangerous public health consequences.

“[T]he [National Institutes of Health] determined that the WIV may have conducted an experiment yielding a level of viral activity which was greater than permitted under the terms of the grant … which possibly did lead or could lead to health issues or other unacceptable outcomes,” the agency said in a letter sent on Wednesday to WIV Director General Yanyi Wang.

Researchers at the WIV received U.S. federal funding between 2014 and 2020 through a grant project between the NIH and the EcoHealth Alliance, which has been known as a preeminent coronavirus and gain-of-function research organization.

A declassified report released earlier this summer from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence explained that the illness of three WIV lab workers in late 2019 was likely unrelated to the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. The report found that “some of their symptoms” were consistent with COVID-19, but they were ultimately “not diagnostic” of the virus. (Read more from “HHS Pulls All Federal Funding From Wuhan Institute of Virology” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

F-35 Pilot Ejected From $100M Jet Due to ‘Bad Weather’ as Experts Reveal Why Plane Couldn’t Be Tracked

The pilot who ejected from a $100 million F-35 fighter jet claimed to have lost the plane in the weather — and likely bailed out before he could activate its tracking system, sources and experts said.

“He’s unsure of where his plane crashed, said he just lost it in the weather,” a voice can be heard saying of the pilot on a Charleston County Emergency Medical Services call posted Tuesday by a meteorologist.

The unidentified pilot landed in a North Charleston residential neighborhood and was taken to a local hospital for treatment. . .

Military officials have not yet released a specific reason for the pilot’s hasty exit, only referring to the incident as stemming from a “malfunction.”

Longtime military aviation expert and consultant Richard Aboulafia told The Post the pilot was likely operating the stealth fighter without any tracking capabilities activated — and ejected before he could do so. (Read more from “F-35 Pilot Ejected From $100M Jet Due to ‘Bad Weather’ as Experts Reveal Why Plane Couldn’t Be Tracked” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

‘Demolish the Deep State’: Trump Says It’s Him or the End of America in 2024

Former President Donald Trump declared 2024 the “final battle” against an array of forces ailing the United States.

Doubling down on a previous pronouncement, Trump raised the rhetorical stakes to the highest degree possible, going so far as to declare that a defeat in 2024 would mean the end of the country. The 2024 presidential election will be nothing less than the “final battle” for the U.S., Trump told his audience at a campaign event in Iowa.

The former president declared that 2024 “is our final battle. With you at my side, we will demolish the deep state. We will expel the warmongers from our government. They want to go to war with everybody. We will drive out the globalists, we will cast out the communist Marxists and fascists, and we will throw off the sick political class that truly hates our country. We will route the fake news media. We will defeat crooked Joe Biden, and we will end illegal immigration once and for all, just as we had it three years ago.”

“The great silent majority is rising like never before,” he continued. “And under our leadership, the forgotten man and woman will be forgotten no longer with your help, your love, and your vote. We will put America first, and we will make America great again, greater than ever before.” (Read more from “‘Demolish the Deep State’: Trump Says It’s Him or the End of America in 2024” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Biden DHS Clears Path for Thousands of Migrants to Find Work in US Amid Wave of Border Crossings

The Biden administration granted protections to hundreds of thousands of Venezuelans amid a surge in illegal immigration at the southern border and stresses on cities across the country, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced late Wednesday.

The program will allow 242,700 an existing temporary protection designation in addition to roughly 472,000 Venezuelans expected to qualify for the new designation to receive work permits and stay in the U.S. without fear of removal, DHS said. Venezuelans qualifying for the program must have arrived before July 31.

“Temporary protected status provides individuals already present in the United States with protection from removal when the conditions in their home country prevent their safe return,” DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said in Wednesday’s announcement.

“That is the situation that Venezuelans who arrived here on or before July 31 of this year find themselves in. We are accordingly granting them the protection that the law provides. However, it is critical that Venezuelans understand that those who have arrived here after July 31, 2023 are not eligible for such protection, and instead will be removed when they are found to not have a legal basis to stay,” Mayorkas added. (Read more from “Biden DHS Clears Path for Thousands of Migrants to Find Work in US Amid Wave of Border Crossings” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.