Intimidation Tactic? DOJ Official Reportedly Approached IRS Whistleblower About Hunter Biden Accusations Before He Testified

A top Department of Justice (DOJ) official reportedly approached IRS whistleblower Gary Shapley in April about potentially investigating his allegations that DOJ prosecutors gave Hunter Biden special treatment.

Shapley was contacted by Associate Deputy Attorney General Bradley Weinsheimer, who said he wanted to look into Shapley’s assertions that the DOJ slow-walked and obstructed the Hunter Biden investigation, the whistleblower’s attorneys told the Daily Mail. . .

Weinsheimer, an aide to Deputy Attorney General Lisa Monaco, emailed Lytle on April 24 asking to set up a phone call after Shapley came forward anonymously with allegations of misconduct in the Hunter Biden case, the Daily Mail reported. Lytle told the outlet he spoke with Weinsheimer the next day and provided a brief overview of Shapley’s accusations.

Shapley’s plans to come forward to Congress were first reported by the Wall Street Journal in April prior to his identity being revealed. He said in a letter to Congress that he wanted to blow the whistle on “special treatment” toward Hunter Biden. Shapley revealed his identity in a May 24 interview with CBS News just before he testified to the House Ways and Means Committee.

(Read more from “Intimidation Tactic? DOJ Official Reportedly Approached IRS Whistleblower About Hunter Biden Accusations Before He Testified” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Tucker Carlson to Interview Obama’s ‘Gay Lover’

Tucker Carlson is now teasing a potentially explosive interview with a man purporting to be Barack Obama’s homosexual lover when the former president was a state senator in Illinois.

During an appearance on “The Adam Carolla Show,” Carlson dug up the case of Larry Sinclair, who was ridiculed by many in the national news media after allegations he smoked crack cocaine and had sex with Obama in 1999.

“In 2008, it became really clear that Barack Obama had been having sex with men and smoking crack,” Carlson began.

“A guy came forward, Larry Sinclair, and said ‘I’ll sign an affidavit’ and he did, ‘I’ll do a lie detector’ and he did,” Carlson added. “‘I smoked crack with Barack Obama and had sex with him.’ Well, that was obviously true.”

“Nobody reported it not because they were squeamish about sex or drugs but because the Obama campaign said anyone who reports on this gets no access to the Obama campaign,” he said. “So, they didn’t report on it.” (Read more from “Tucker Carlson to Interview Obama’s ‘Gay Lover'” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Five Pro-Lifers Found Guilty of FACE Act Violations for Protesting at Late-Term Abortion Facility

Five pro-life activists were found guilty Tuesday in a federal court for violating the Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances (FACE) Act, a Clinton-era law passed to stop sit-ins at abortion facilities. They were also charged and found guilty of one count of conspiracy to block the entrance to the Washington Surgi-Clinic in Washington, D.C.

The defendants, Lauren Handy, Will Goodman, John Hinshaw, Heather Idoni, and Herb Geraghty, were part of a group of pro-life activists who participated in an October 2020 rescue and protest at the Washington Surgi-Clinic, operated by the late-term abortionist Cesare Santangelo.

Handy’s lawyers at the Thomas More Society described the pro-life activists’ actions that day: “Some simply kneeled and prayed at Santangelo’s facility, some passed out pro-life literature and counseled abortion-minded women, and others roped and chained themselves together inside the facility.” The defendants could face up to 11 years in prison, three years of supervised release, and fines of up to $350,000.

In 2013, Live Action released footage of Santangelo stating he would deny medical care to babies born alive after a failed abortion. When Lauren Handy took the stand last week, she cited that video as the impetus for organizing the October 2020 rescue at Santangelo’s facility. . .

The charges of violating the FACE Act and conspiracy to do so come on the heels of other federal authorities using the law as “a weapon for federal law enforcement to unconstitutionally brandish against its political dissidents.” Last fall, the FBI used the FACE Act to terrorize and arrest pro-life Catholic father Mark Houck in front of his wife and children, even though the FACE Act was ultimately not applicable to his altercation outside a Planned Parenthood. (Read more from “Five Pro-Lifers Found Guilty of FACE Act Violations for Protesting at Late-Term Abortion Facility” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Pope Francis Calls US Catholic Church ‘Backwards’ for Putting Political Ideologies Ahead of Faith

Pope Francis accused some leaders of the US Catholic Church of “backwardness,” saying they have abandoned Christian doctrines in favor of political ideologies.

“Doing this, you lose the true tradition and you turn to ideologies to have support. In other words, ideologies replace faith,” the pope said during a private meeting with a Jesuit order in Lisbon earlier in August.

The transcripts from that meeting were just made public Monday, revealing the 86-year-old pope’s unfiltered opinion about a rift growing between some US religious leaders and the Vatican over his initiatives to modernize the Catholic Church.

Francis’ comments came after a Jesuit described encountering a number of Catholics and bishops who were critical of his papacy and the Vatican during a recent year-long stay in the US.

In response, the pope called the US church “backward,” and said it had “a very strong, organized, reactionary attitude” which he warned could lead to a climate of closure that would be the antithesis of Christian values. (Read more from “Pope Francis Calls US Catholic Church ‘Backwards’ for Putting Political Ideologies Ahead of Faith” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Hurricane Makes Landfall in Florida as Strong Category 3 Storm

Hurricane Idalia has made landfall in Florida’s Big Bend region Wednesday as a strong Category 3 storm.

Idalia made landfall near Keaton Beach in the Florida Big Bend around 7:45 a.m. It maintained its status as a “major” hurricane at the time of landfall with maximum sustained winds of 125 mph, according to the National Hurricane Center (NHC).

Hurricane-force winds extend 25 miles out from the storm’s center, but tropical storm-force winds are extending up to 175 miles out from there. However, as of 9:00 a.m., Idalia’s maximum sustained winds had diminished to 110 mph.

(Read more from “Hurricane Makes Landfall in Florida as Strong Category 3 Storm” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Arizona Secretary of State Says Trump Cannot Be Kept off State Ballot

Democratic Arizona Secretary of State Adrian Fontes claimed Wednesday that he does not have the power to keep former President Donald Trump off the ballot next year as critics argue Trump violated a constitutional amendment that would disqualify him.

Some legal scholars and critics of the former president claim Trump violated the 14th Amendment during the Jan. 6 Capitol riot. The amendment bars those who’ve taken an oath to support the Constitution from holding office again if they’ve “engaged in insurrection” against the United States or “given aid or comfort” to its enemies.

Fontes referred to a state Supreme Court ruling last year that determined the disqualification clause of the Constitution can only be enforced through Congress.

“Does a 25-year-old get to be on the ballot in Arizona for president?” Fontes asked the Arizona Republic. “According to the logic of the Arizona Supreme Court, they do. That having been said, can the Arizona Supreme Court be overturned? If somebody brings a lawsuit? Well, any law can be overturned in a judicial action. Now, I’m not inviting someone to sue me, although it probably will end up happening.” (Read more from “Arizona Secretary of State Says Trump Cannot Be Kept off State Ballot” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Security Guard Who Claimed Ex-Navy SEAL Called Him N-Word Revealed to Be a White Man

The hotel security guard who claimed former Navy SEAL Robert O’Neill assaulted him and called him the N-word during a dispute in Texas was revealed to be a white man, The Post has learned.

Johnny Loomis, 61, a loss prevention officer at The Omni Hotel in Frisco, claimed that O’Neill made the disparaging remarks and slugged him after passing out at the hotel bar on Aug. 23.

The security guard helped O’Neill back up to the fifth floor when the melee began, according to documents from the Frisco Police Department.

O’Neill, who claims to have fired the fatal shots that killed Osama bin Laden, was attempting to open the hotel room door with his credit card when he allegedly “struck Johnny on the chest with his right palm.”

Then the former special ops “called Johnny a ‘fu–ing n—er,’” the police arrest warrant states. The warrant also states that Loomis is a white man. (Read more from “Security Guard Who Claimed Ex-Navy SEAL Called Him N-Word Revealed to Be a White Man” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Country Issues US Travel Advisory Over LGBTQ Laws

By Washington Times. . . “Some states have enacted laws and policies that may affect 2SLGBTQI+ persons,” the advisory says, using an abbreviation that also uses the letters for Intersex persons and the Canadian Indian-specific term “two-spirited” (2S).

“Check relevant state and local laws,” the Canadian government warned, without specifying the states to which it was referring.

According to Reuters news agency, Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland said her government tries “to look carefully around the world and to monitor whether there are particular dangers to particular groups of Canadians.”

When asked by reporters whether the advisory had been made in consultation with the Biden administration, she declined to answer.

CBS News reported that a Global Affairs Canada spokesperson cited laws passed in various state capitals restricting drag performances in schools, restricting sex changes for minors and banning biological men from women’s sports. (Read more from “Canada Issues US Travel Advisory Over LGBTQ Laws” HERE)

________________________________________________

Canada Issues Travel Advisory to LGBT People Visiting US

By Washington Examiner. Canada is warning LGBT community members traveling to the United States to check state laws regarding how they could affect their visit. . .

Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland told the press that “travel advisories are done very professionally,” adding there are “professionals in the government whose job is to look carefully around the world and to monitor whether there are particular dangers to particular groups of Canadians, that’s their job.” Freeland said the travel advisory is “the right thing to do.”

Canada’s government advisory does not clarify which states specifically LGBT travelers need to take precautions in, but several conservative-led states have enacted LGBT-related laws this year. Republican lawmakers in Florida, Alabama, Missouri, Texas, and other red states have legislation on transgender issues, including bathroom laws and bans on hormone treatments and surgeries.

In June, the Human Rights Campaign, America’s largest LGBT advocacy organization, declared its first national state of emergency, releasing a guideline for LGBT community members “traveling through some of the most hostile regions of the country,” providing safety information and resources. (Read more from “Canada Issues Travel Advisory to LGBT People Visiting US” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Half of Male Inmates Pretending to Be Female Are Guilty of Sex Crimes, State Data Shows

More than 50 percent of men who identify as transgender held at the Wisconsin Department of Corrections have been convicted of sexual assault or sexual abuse, according to a shocking new report from The Daily Signal, based on data obtained through a 2022 public records request by the Heritage Foundation.

According to the report, 81 of the 161 male inmates who claim to be transgender have been convicted of at least one count of sexual assault or sexual abuse. As The Daily Signal reported, sexual crimes could include “sexual exploitation of a child, sexual exploitation by a therapist, forced viewing of a sexual act, rape, sexual intercourse without consent, incest, sexual intercourse with a child, indecent behavior with a child, enticing a child, and more.”

The Department of Corrections would not disclose whether these male inmates were incarcerated in a male or female facility, but state policy indicates transgender-identified inmates can be placed in the wrong-sex facility in some cases.

These problems aren’t confined to Wisconsin. In January 2021, a law went into effect in California that could permit male serial rapists into women’s prisons. Transfers could be based on “individual preference,” meaning there is no need for male criminals to take hormones or amputate their genitals to be moved. Hundreds of inmates requested to be transferred in the months following the law, almost all men looking to be moved to women’s prisons. In fact, following the law’s passage, inmates were reportedly given contraceptives such as condoms and Plan B — which wouldn’t make much sense if it were really just a women’s prison — to deal with potential fallout.

Furthermore, studies reveal disproportionately high criminal patterns among male inmates who claim to be women compared to their female counterparts. Data shows that anecdotes of men assaulting women in historically all-female spaces are not one-offs, but rather, a trend. (Read more from “Half of Male Inmates Pretending to Be Female Are Guilty of Sex Crimes, State Data Shows” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Biden, Obama Must Approve Release of Alias Emails

The National Archives and Records Administration is withholding more than 5,000 White House emails that used aliases for then-Vice President Joseph R. Biden as it awaits approval from him and former President Barack Obama to make them public.

Mr. Biden used at least three email aliases while serving as vice president, and House investigators sought access to the messages this month as part of their probe into whether he engaged in illegal influence peddling.

Some of the emails to Mr. Biden inexplicably copy in his son, Hunter Biden, including a scheduling email about a May 2016 call between the vice president and then-Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko. Hunter Biden was serving on the board of a Ukrainian energy company at the time.

Officials from the National Archives have acknowledged they possess 5,138 White House emails that used one of Mr. Biden’s three known aliases, but they won’t provide the records to House investigators until they receive permission from him and Mr. Obama, a spokeswoman for House Oversight and Accountability Committee Chairman James Comer told The Washington Times.

“National Archives officials have indicated they have sent some of the records to representatives for former President Obama and Joe Biden for their approval to be released,” spokeswoman Jessica Collins said. “President Biden promised the most transparent administration in history, and we fully expect him to approve the release of these records.” (Read more from “Biden, Obama Must Approve Release of Alias Emails” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.