As Deaths Mount, an Investigation Into Biden’s Maui Fire Decisions Opens

The House Oversight and Accountability Committee announced plans to investigate President Joe Biden’s handling of the recent Maui, Hawaii, wildfires.

In a statement, House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer (R-KY) said the federal response to the wildfire raises “serious questions” to which people “deserve answers.” He added that it is well within the scope of the committee, as it takes into account the efficacy of taxpayer dollars.

“The response by federal, state, and local officials to the catastrophic wildfire in Maui raises serious questions, and Americans, especially those impacted by this tragedy, deserve answers,” Comer said.

“As recovery efforts continue, the House Oversight Committee has a responsibility to ensure taxpayer dollars are being used efficiently and effectively. To minimize the risk of waste, fraud, and abuse of taxpayer dollars, the Oversight Committee will examine the federal government’s response in Maui and work with other committees of jurisdiction to ensure accountability,” he said. (Read more from “As Deaths Mount, an Investigation Into Biden’s Maui Fire Decisions Opens” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

House GOP Chairmen Demand DOJ Documents Related to Hunter Biden Special Counsel Appointment

The Justice Department “pulled punches” and “handicapped veteran investigators” over the course of its investigation into first son Hunter Biden, the Republican leaders of three House committees charge in a letter to Attorney General Merrick Garland, demanding documents related to the appointment of a special counsel in the probe.

House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Jason Smith (R-Mo.), House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) and House Oversight and Accountability Committee Chairman James Comer (R-Ky.) on Monday called on the Biden administration to provide their panels with all documents and communications referring or relating to Delaware US Attorney David Weiss’s appointment as special counsel earlier this month in the government’s 5-year-long investigation into President Biden’s 53-year-old son.

Weiss’s appointment “raises numerous concerns” because of previous statements by Garland indicating that the Delaware US attorney already had “ultimate” authority in the probe, the committee chairmen wrote in their seven-page letter to the attorney general, which was made public on Tuesday.

“Now, recently reported information raises additional concerns about the Department’s unusual actions in this matter, and suggests that the Department under your leadership has been attempting to circumvent the rule of law in favor of Hunter Biden, President Biden, and the Biden family. Given the extremely serious nature of these issues, the Committees expect unfettered cooperation with our oversight from both you and the Department,” the lawmakers wrote. (Read more from “House GOP Chairmen Demand DOJ Documents Related to Hunter Biden Special Counsel Appointment” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Middle-Schooler Kicked Out of Class for ‘Don’t Tread on Me’ Patch That Teacher Claims Originated With Slavery

A Colorado middle schooler was reportedly kicked out of class for having several patches on his backpack, including one of a Gadsden flag — sparking a social media uproar.

The 12-year-old student at The Vanguard School was ordered to remove the patch of the flag — which features a coiled rattlesnake and the phrase “Don’t tread on me” on a yellow background — before he was allowed to return to class, according to footage of a meeting between the child’s mother and an administrator posted to X, formerly Twitter.

The administrator at the public charter school tells the boy’s mom that he cannot display the patch due to the flag’s “origins with slavery and the slave trade,” the video of the meeting shows.

However, the mom replies that the Gadsden flag’s origins can actually be traced back to the Revolutionary War — not slavery.

The seventh-grader also reportedly had other patches depicting semi-automatic weapons, which the school said violated its dress code policy.

(Read more from “Middle-Schooler Kicked Out of Class for ‘Don’t Tread on Me’ Patch That Teacher Claims Originated With Slavery” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

State Pays Nonprofit Encouraging Kids to Identify as ‘Foxgender,’ Teaching Schools to Hide It

The state of California has awarded a nine-year grant to a group that encourages students to identify as a wide variety of bizarre genders, including “foxgender,” and teaches school districts how to hide it from parents.

The California Department of Public Health has awarded a total of $2.3 million to a nonprofit called Gender Spectrum for activities such as developing “concrete strategies for applying the lens of gender diversity to school practices,” according to an investigation from the watchdog group OpenTheBooks.

The grant is intended for Gender Spectrum to conduct a “rigorous evaluation” of whether its own programs work.

Among those programs is the development of a six-page form for students to submit school districts their pronouns and whether school staff needs to hide their use of those pronouns from their parents.

“It’s not always the case that caregivers are supportive of their child’s gender, their gender journey, in that case, if parents are not supportive or if the child is not out, that’s not necessarily someone who will be part of the gender support team,” said Director of Training Carla Pena at the group’s annual Gender Spectrum Family Conference last year. (Read more from “State Pays Nonprofit Encouraging Kids to Identify as ‘Foxgender,’ Teaching Schools to Hide It” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

As More Countries Link Arms With China, Is US Dollar Dominance Truly at Risk?

A growing number of major economies have recently criticized the status of the U.S. dollar as the primary currency for global trade, leaving experts to fear long-term danger for U.S. dollar dominance.

Several countries expressed a strong desire to change the global reserve currency at the Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS) summit last week, threatening current U.S. dollar dominance. While the global reserve currency is not going to change overnight, the future of the dollar as a global reserve currency could be endangered if U.S. adversaries can coordinate effectively, and the U.S. does not take appropriate action, experts told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

“The US is absolutely in danger of losing global reserve currency status,” E.J. Antoni, a research fellow at the Heritage Foundation’s Grover M. Hermann Center for the Federal Budget, told the DCNF. “The threat has increased because the Biden administration has devalued the dollar by an astonishing 16% and also weaponized the dollar abroad.”

If the dollar is replaced as the global reserve currency, experts warn that the U.S. could be faced with hyperinflation as the dollars that are currently being used in the international market come back home, flooding the market. Additionally, the loss of global reserve status would weaken the dollar compared to other countries, decreasing the borrowing power of the U.S. government, which could lead to a need to cut spending.

BRICS will be admitting six new countries—Saudi Arabia, Iran, Ethiopia, Egypt, Argentina and the United Arab Emirates—to its coalition starting Jan. 1, 2024, which could add power to the calls of the other BRICS countries to supplant the U.S. dollar. Following their admission, the coalition will encompass 3.7 billion people. (Read more from “As More Countries Link Arms With China, Is US Dollar Dominance Truly at Risk?” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Mystery Solved: We Now Know Who Was Buying Up $1B Worth of Land Near Calif. Military Base — And What They Want It For

The mystery buyers of nearly $1 billion of undeveloped land abutting a California military base were revealed to be Silicon Valley heavyweights — and not a network of Chinese spies as some lawmakers feared.

The land grab near Travis Air Force Base by Flannery Associates — which has become the largest landowner in Solano County, about 60 miles northeast of San Francisco — had prompted concern that a foreign entity could be using the investment to harm US national security.

However, it turns out Flannery’s backers are a who’s who list of tech titans and investors that includes LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman and Emerson Collective philanthropist Laurene Powell Jobs, according to the New York Times.

The deep-pocketed investors reportedly plan to turn the land into their vision of an ideal city, featuring sustainable energy and a pedestrian-friendly layout.

Aside from Hoffman and Powell Jobs, Flannery’s investors reportedly include Marc Andreessen of the private venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz, former Sequoia Capital partner Michael Moritz and Stripe co-founders Patrick and John Collison, as well as entrepreneurs Nat Friedman and Daniel Gross. (Read more from “Mystery Solved: We Now Know Who Was Buying Up $1B Worth of Land Near Calif. Military Base — And What They Want It For” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Silence Over Drowning of Obama Chef Sparks Conspiracy Theories Including His Relationship With the Unidentified Woman Who Witnessed His Death

Police in Massachusetts are continuing to cover up information about the death of Obama personal chef Tafari Campbell even after declaring the case closed this week, DailyMail.com can reveal.

The response has prompted an outcry from First Amendment advocates who have been left asking: ‘What do they have to hide?’

And it has also sparked a plethora of conspiracy theories including the role of the former president’s family in the cover-up and Campbell’s relationship with the unidentified woman who witnessed his death.

Earlier this month state police had withheld information under the guise of an ‘ongoing investigation’, citing a Public Records Law exemption that allows authorities to keep details on grounds that it could jeopardize an active investigation.

But after the 45-year-old’s death was officially ruled an accidental drowning earlier this week, authorities are yet to address how an apparently capable swimmer, paddle boarding near the ex-president’s summer home in Martha’s Vineyard, could have drowned in shallow water. (Read more from “Silence Over Drowning of Obama Chef Sparks Conspiracy Theories Including His Relationship With the Unidentified Woman Who Witnessed His Death” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Woke State Wages Legal War Against School District’s Gender Identity Parental Notification Policy

California Attorney General Rob Bonta, a Democrat, has announced a legal challenge against a Chino Valley Unified School District policy that requires schools to notify parents if their child seeks to identify as a member of the opposite sex.

The commonsense policy stipulates that schools must inform parents within three days of learning that a student is seeking to be recognized as a gender that does not match their birth certificate or other official records.

The policy states that the parent must be notified if a student asks “to be identified or treated, as a gender … other than the student’s biological sex or gender listed on the student’s birth certificate or any other official records. This includes any request by the student to use a name that differs from their legal name (other than a commonly recognized diminutive of the child’s legal name) or to use pronouns that do not align with the student’s biological sex or gender listed on the student’s birth certificate or other official records.”

Parental notification is likewise required if the student uses a restroom designated for members of the opposite sex, or participates in athletic activities meant for members of the opposite gender.

Bonta blasted the policy as “destructive,” “discriminatory,” and “dangerous,” and said that the policy “tramples on students’ rights.” He said that the policy “has already harmed and continues to threaten their mental, emotional, and physical well being.” He described it as “a forced-outing policy.” (Read more from “Woke State Wages Legal War Against School District’s Gender Identity Parental Notification Policy” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Here’s Why a Leftist Restaurant Is Refusing to Serve Uniformed Police Officers

A police union in San Francisco, California, lambasted a bakery and restaurant that refused to serve a police officer in uniform.

“NO COPS ALLOWED. That’s the confirmed policy of the bakery chain Reem’s. One of our officers was denied service last weekend because he was in uniform,” said the San Francisco Police Officers Association on social media.

“Reem’s confirms that they will not serve anyone armed and in uniform. Presumably, this includes members of the US Military,” the group added.

Police union president Lt. Tracy McCray told KNTV-TV that an officer was refused service at the restaurant, and the union reached out to clarify the official policy of the business.

“I politely left because I believe that police officers and community members should spend more time listening to each other than shouting at each other,” said Officer Vincent Fontela. “But you can’t do that when your presence isn’t wanted and your money is no good.” (Read more from “Here’s Why a Leftist Restaurant Is Refusing to Serve Uniformed Police Officers” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

National Archives Admits It Has 5,400 Biden Pseudonym Emails From His Vice Presidency

The National Archives and Records Administration has admitted that it is in possession of nearly 5,400 emails, electronic records and documents that potentially show President Biden using a pseudonym during his vice presidency, it was revealed on Monday.

NARA confirmed the existence of the trove in response to a June 2022 Freedom of Information Act request by the Southeastern Legal Foundation, a nonprofit constitutional legal group.

The request asked for emails pertaining to the accounts of Robin Ware, Robert L. Peters, and JRB Ware – pseudonyms the 80-year-old president was known to use in the White House during his time as President Obama’s vice president.

The Southeastern Legal Foundation on Monday filed suit against NARA for the release of the records, which the group claims may show that Biden forwarded government information and discussed government business with his son, Hunter Biden, and others. (Read more from “National Archives Admits It Has 5,400 Biden Pseudonym Emails From His Vice Presidency” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.