Trump Plans to Skip GOP Debate for Interview With Tucker Carlson

Former President Donald J. Trump plans to upstage the first Republican primary debate on Wednesday by sitting for an online interview with the former Fox News host Tucker Carlson, according to multiple people briefed on the matter.

In the past 24 hours, Mr. Trump has told people close to him that he has made up his mind and will skip the debate in Milwaukee, according to two of the people briefed on the matter.

Mr. Trump is notoriously mercurial, and left himself something of an out to change his mind with an ambiguous post on his website, Truth Social, on Thursday. He wrote that he’s polling well ahead of his rivals and added, “Reagan didn’t do it, and neither did others. People know my Record, one of the BEST EVER, so why would I Debate?”

For weeks, the former president has been quizzing aides, associates and rally crowds about what he should do. Until earlier this week, Mr. Trump had been giving people the impression he was considering a last-minute surprise appearance on Wednesday. (Read more from “Trump Plans to Skip GOP Debate for Interview With Tucker Carlson” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

GOP Senator’s Hold on Pentagon Nominees Is Keeping Out Left-Wing ‘Diversity’ Advocates

A number of the Pentagon’s military nominees currently blocked by Republican Alabama Sen. Tommy Tuberville are full-throated advocates for “diversity” initiatives and other parts of the Biden administration’s agenda to reform the military, according to a Daily Caller News Foundation review of reports and Pentagon materials.

Tuberville has successfully stonewalled over 300 military nominations in the Senate since February in protest of the Pentagon’s policy that funds female service members’ out-of-state travel to seek an abortion. Many of these high-level nominees have vocally supported the Biden administration’s left-wing agenda, such as supporting diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) initiatives.

For example, Air Force Col. Benjamin R. Jonsson, who was selected for the Brigadier General position in January, wrote an op-ed to “white colonels” in 2020 after the death of George Floyd and called on them to address “racial disparity” within Air Force ranks.

“In a meeting with other white colonels, I drew attention to the reality that racial tension remains an important issue to address,” Jonsson wrote. “As white colonels, you and I are the biggest barriers to change if we do not personally address racial injustice in our Air Force. Defensiveness is a predictable response by white people to any discussion of racial injustice.”

(Read more from “GOP Senator’s Hold on Pentagon Nominees Is Keeping Out Left-Wing ‘Diversity’ Advocates” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Biden Admin Crackdown on Legal Gun Dealers Leads to 350% Rise in License Loss

Gun dealers are crying foul as the Biden administration pursues an apparent crackdown on legal firearms sellers, whose licenses have been revoked at an unprecedented rate over the last two years.

“This policy is designed to be a backdoor violation of the Second Amendment,” Anthony Navarro, a Greeley, Colorado, dealer who lost his license last year, told the Wall Street Journal.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has taken away the licenses of 122 gun dealers since October — up from just 27 revocations in all of fiscal year 2021, a 350% increase in the first nine months of this fiscal year alone.

Dealers complain that many of the violations leading to the loss of their businesses amount to little more than paperwork errors.

Navarro, for example, said he informed the ATF immediately when he found that a lax employee had been mishandling buyers’ purchase documents — and lost his license as a result. (Read more from “Biden Admin Crackdown on Legal Gun Dealers Leads to 350% Rise in License Loss” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Christian Publication Goes After Oliver Anthony’s Working Man’s Anthem Because It’s Too Mean

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and they can write about it all they want. Conversely, we’re also allowed to argue against whatever they happened to post if we disagree, and I wholeheartedly disagree with Christianity Today‘s recent article that took offense to Oliver Anthony’s song, “Rich Men North of Richmond.”

Specifically, the author didn’t like the lines where Anthony lambasts obese people on welfare buying “fudge rounds” while others starve on the streets. Is it harsh? Maybe. But I believe Anthony wasn’t blasting everyone on welfare, just those who shouldn’t be but are taking advantage of the system.

Here are the lyrics the author from Christianity Today didn’t like:

Lord, we got folks in the street, ain’t got nothin’ to eat
And the obese milkin’ welfare
Well, God, if you’re 5-foot-3 and you’re 300 pounds
Taxes ought not to pay for your bags of fudge rounds

The story reveals the author’s personal experience in the past with being on food stamps, which is why she doesn’t like the song. That’s fine. Where I take exception is that she claims other Christians shouldn’t like it, either. (Read more from “Christian Publication Goes After Oliver Anthony’s Working Man’s Anthem Because It’s Too Mean” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

President Biden ‘Very Obsessed’ With Coverage of Hunter, but Aides Afraid to Bring Him up in Meetings: Report

CNN’s John Avlon said Thursday that President Biden was “very obsessed” with the coverage of his son Hunter and his allies don’t want to bring it up because it would “derail a conversation.”

Avlon said that Republicans have had a “difficult time demonizing Joe Biden” and said doing it with Hunter Biden creates “some sense of moral equivalence with the Trump family’s challenges.”

“There’s deep reluctance, as this reporting shows, to raise this with President Biden because he has stuck by his sole surviving son and he will. And in private also, I’ve heard reports that he’s very obsessed with the negative coverage of Hunter. He’s concerned about it, it’s an irritant. And that’s understandable. But not one that allies around him want to raise because it will derail a conversation,” Avlon continued.

The CNN panel discussed new reporting that said Biden’s aides rarely bring up his son during campaign meetings because it’s a sensitive topic. (Read more from “President Biden ‘Very Obsessed’ With Coverage of Hunter, but Aides Afraid to Bring Him up in Meetings: Report” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Sobering U.S. Intelligence Assessment Reportedly Undercuts Zelensky’s Upbeat Hopes of Ukrainian Victory This Year

The headline on this morning’s Washington Post is bound to infuriate Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and embolden Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“U.S. expects Kyiv to fall short, UNLIKELY TO RETAKE VITAL CRIMEA HUB, Dug-in Russian defenses stymie counteroffensive,” screams the headline in the print edition that landed on driveways and doorsteps of Washington homes this morning. The report cites a classified assessment from the U.S. intelligence community that Ukrainian forces are unlikely to reach the Russian-occupied city of Melitopol, a principle objective of the counteroffensive aimed at severing Russia’s land bridge by year’s end.

“The grim assessment is based on Russia’s brutal proficiency in defending occupied territory through a phalanx of minefields and trenches, and is likely to prompt finger pointing inside Kyiv and Western capitals about why a counteroffensive that saw tens of billions of dollars of Western weapons and military equipment fell short of its goals,” the report says.

Ukrainian forces are slowly advancing south from the town of Robotyne toward Melitopol, which is a key logistics hub with major highways and rail lines, but U.S. officials told the Washington Post that they’re not expected to be able to retake the city. (Read more from “Sobering U.S. Intelligence Assessment Reportedly Undercuts Zelensky’s Upbeat Hopes of Ukrainian Victory This Year” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Joe Biden Used Email Pseudonyms While VP to Loop in Hunter on Ukraine, Government Business

President Biden used at least three pseudonyms during his vice presidency to send messages to his son Hunter concerning both family and official government business — including meetings with Ukrainian leaders, emails found on the first son’s abandoned laptop show.

Then-Vice President Biden emailed Hunter under the aliases “Robin Ware,” “Robert L. Peters” and “JRB Ware” between 2014 and 2016, keeping his son abreast of scheduled talks with then-Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko and Kyiv Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman, among other communications The Post first revealed in 2021.

The elder Biden had one of his aides, John Flynn, send his daily schedule to the private email address “[email protected]” at least 10 times between May 18 and June 15, 2016, copying Hunter on a May 26 message with a note about an “8.45am prep for 9am phonecall [sic] with Pres Poroshenko.”

Biden had pressured Poroshenko five months earlier to fire Ukrainian prosecutor general Viktor Shokin, who was investigating the natural gas company Burisma Holdings, where Hunter earned roughly $1 million per year while serving on the board between 2014 and 2019.

The vice president, who was in charge of Ukraine policy at the time, discussed reforms to Shokin’s office after the prosecutor’s ouster, according to an archived readout of the May 27 conversation. (Read more from “Joe Biden Used Email Pseudonyms While VP to Loop in Hunter on Ukraine, Government Business” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Report Charges Maui Death Toll Close to 500 and Rising

The official death toll for the wildfire catastrophe on the island of Maui is running at about 111 now, and is expected to rise.

But a published report on Friday charged that the toll now is closer to 500 – and still rising.

The report in the Daily Mail cites claims from local residents who “have been forced to carry out their own search and recovery efforts in the aftermath of the deadly Lahaina wildfires.”

A source, Maui resident Allisen Medina, 24, told the publication, “I know there are at least 480 dead here in Maui and I don’t understand why they’re not saying that.”

She said the horror has included family members “being left to find the charred corpses of their loved ones themselves.” (Read more from “Report Charges Maui Death Toll Close to 500 and Rising” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

FBI Arrests 10 Police Officers in ‘Wide Ranging’ Federal Corruption Case

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has filed charges against 10 present and former police officers from the California cities of Antioch and Pittsburg Thursday in a major federal corruption case.

“Today is a dark day in our city’s history, as people trusted to uphold the law, allegedly breached that trust and were arrested by the FBI,” Antioch Mayor Lamar Thorpe said in a statement.

The charges range from cheating on training courses to serious violations of civil rights, Mercury News reported. The focus of the allegations is mainly on Antioch Police Department (APD), which has reportedly faced complaints about excessive force and a scandal involving racist text messages.

Three officers, two currently serving and one former, are accused of committing civil rights violations, per Mercury News. The charges alleged they planned violence against specific people, kept “trophies” of their actions and lied in official reports to cover up their deeds.

Text messages exchanged between the officers reportedly reveal conversations discussing violent plans and sharing pictures of the people they targeted. In one instance, officers discussed a plan for violence, Mercury News noted. (Read more from “FBI Arrests 10 Police Officers in ‘Wide Ranging’ Federal Corruption Case” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Poll: Ramaswamy Surges to Second Place Over DeSantis, Trump Up 40 Points

While former President Donald Trump maintains a commanding 40-point lead over his Republican primary challengers, Vivek Ramaswamy has surged over Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to take second place, a new Echelon Insight poll found.

Trump is the clear frontrunner for the GOP nomination, with 55 percent of likely primary voters supporting the former president. However, the longstanding second-place option, DeSantis, continued his descent in the poll, falling into third place.

Ramaswamy received 15 percent support, while DeSantis received just 12 percent in the RNC debate qualifying poll. Ramaswamy’s second-place stance aligns with a Kaplan Strategies poll released Monday that also found him above DeSantis.

Republican Main Street Partnership president and CEO Sarah Chamberlain said Ramaswamy “has risen well above expectations and is currently leading the pack of challengers.” (Read more from “Poll: Ramaswamy Surges to Second Place Over DeSantis, Trump Up 40 Points” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.