Christian Councillor Suspended After Tweeting ‘Pride Is Not a Virtue but a Sin’

A Christian councillor who tweeted “Pride is not a virtue but a sin” is being investigated by Conservative headquarters.

King Lawal, a Northamptonshire councillor, has been suspended from the Conservative Party and said he has been “cancelled” by six other organisations after expressing his religious beliefs on social media.

Responding to images of pride parades organised by LGBT groups at the end of last month, he wrote: “When did Pride become a thing to celebrate. Because of Pride Satan fell as an arch Angel. Pride is not a virtue but a Sin. Those who have Pride should Repent of their sins and return to Jesus Christ. He can save you. #PrideMonth #Pride23 #PrideParade.’”

The post included an image with a verse from Isaiah 3 verse 9, which said: “Whatever God calls ‘Sin’ is nothing to be Proud of.”

Cllr Lawal, 31, said that soon after posting the tweet he was suspended by the local Conservative group, pending an investigation involving CCHQ. (Read more from “Christian Councillor Suspended After Tweeting ‘Pride Is Not a Virtue but a Sin’” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Joe Biden Allegedly Attended Meeting With Chinese Company That Paid Hunter Biden, House Oversight Says

Joe Biden allegedly attended a meeting shortly after his vice presidency with a Chinese energy company that was doing business with Hunter Biden, the House Oversight Committee said Tuesday.

House Oversight released a timeline of events detailing the Biden family’s alleged influence peddling with foreign business interests. Joe Biden allegedly met in May 2017 with officials from CEFC China Energy, a Chinese energy firm linked to the Chinese Communist Party, according to a Biden family associate, the House Oversight timeline says

An alleged email between Biden business associates on May 13 described “10 held by H for the big guy?” referring to Hunter Biden allegedly holding a 10% ownership stake for Joe Biden, House Oversight disclosed. Joe Biden’s alleged “big guy” nickname is shown in emails from the Hunter Biden laptop archive with other business associates of the younger Biden.

Biden family business associate Tony Bobulinski said leading up to the 2020 presidential election that he spoke with FBI agents about Joe Biden potentially earning 10% of the money from the CEFC venture, the New York Post reported. Republican Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley referenced Bobulinski’s FBI interview in October 2022 when he requested more records from the FBI about the Biden family’s alleged arrangement with CEFC. (Read more from “Joe Biden Allegedly Attended Meeting With Chinese Company That Paid Hunter Biden, House Oversight Says” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

DeSantis Defends Trump After Latest Criminal Indictment, Vows Action

Republican presidential candidate Ron DeSantis said during an interview on Tuesday that as President of the United States, he will clean house at the FBI and Department of Justice following a series of investigations that have been criticized as being politically motivated.

DeSantis made the remarks during an interview on CNN with host Jake Tapper when asked about the former president saying earlier in the day that he has received a letter informing him that he is the target in an investigation into his efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.

“If Jack Smith has evidence of criminality, should Donald Trump be held accountable?” Tapper asked.

“So, here’s the problem. This country is going down the road of criminalizing political differences,” DeSantis responded. “I think that’s wrong. Alvin Bragg stretched the statute in Manhattan to be able to try to target Donald Trump. Most people, even people on the Left, acknowledge if that wasn’t Trump, that case would not have likely been brought against a normal civilian.”

“And so you have a situation where the Department of Justice, FBI had been weaponized against people they don’t like, and the number one example that happened to be against Donald Trump with the Russia collusion,” he said. “That was not a legitimate investigation; that was being done to try to drive Trump out of office. And so what I’ve said, as president, my job is to restore a single standard of justice to end weaponization of these agencies.”

(Read more from “DeSantis Defends Trump After Latest Criminal Indictment, Vows Action” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

‘Absolute Bulls**t’: GOP Lawmakers React as Trump Targeted in January 6 Probe

Many Republican lawmakers defended former President Donald Trump after his announcement of being a target in the Justice Department’s January 6 probe.

Trump said he must appear before the grand jury in four days, noting his appearance likely means “deranged” Special Counsel Jack Smith will indict him.

“Nothing like this has ever happened in our Country before, or even close…THIS WITCH HUNT IS ALL ABOUT ELECTION INTERFERENCE AND A COMPLETE AND TOTAL POLITICAL WEAPONIZATION OF LAW ENFORCEMENT! It is a very sad and dark period for our Nation!” Trump posted on Truth Social. . .

“It’s absolute bulls**t,” Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) said about the news. “That’s the only way the Democrats have to beat President Trump”:

(Read more from “‘Absolute Bulls**t’: GOP Lawmakers React as Trump Targeted in January 6 Probe” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

GOP Stands With Trump Against Biden’s ‘Unamerican Weaponization’ of DOJ

Republican officials blasted the Justice Department’s January 6 probe and the reportedly imminent indictment of former President Donald J. Trump, expressing support for Trump in the face of the “weaponization” of the justice system against President Joe Biden’s opponents.

Following Trump’s announcement of being a target in the DOJ’s probe, GOP members slammed special counsel Jack Smith’s “corrupt” investigation.

“President Trump just increased his lead in the polls. So what does the Biden Administration do next? Weaponize government to go after President Biden’s number one opponent,” wrote House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA).

“This is not equal justice. It’s wrong, and the American public is tired of it,” he added.

(Read more from “GOP Stands With Trump Against Biden’s ‘Unamerican Weaponization’ of DOJ” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Woman Who Stopped to Help Toddler on Highway Was Kidnapped and Fought for Her Life, Boyfriend Says

The boyfriend of an Alabama woman who mysteriously turned up home two days after vanishing when she stopped to help a toddler in the middle of a busy highway says she was kidnapped and spent the time “fighting for her life.”

Carlethia “Carlee” Nichole Russell, 25, was reported safe at home on Saturday night following a two-day search prompted by her screams over the phone when she pulled over to assist a child wandering the I-459, police said.

Thomar Latrell Simmons, Russell’s boyfriend, claims the good Samaritan was actually kidnapped and is currently recovering after having gone through the awful ordeal.

“She was literally fighting for her life for 48 hours, so until she’s physically & mentally stable again, she is not able to give any updates or whereabouts on her kidnapper at this very moment,” Simmons wrote on Facebook Sunday.

His post echoes what Russell’s parents alleged earlier Sunday, that the child their daughter tried to help was actually used as “bait” to lure her out of her car and kidnap. (Read more from “Woman Who Stopped to Help Toddler on Highway Was Kidnapped and Fought for Her Life, Boyfriend Says” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

U.S., NATO Weapons Stockpile at “Dangerously Low” Levels: Top Air Force General

The weapons stockpile of the United States and its North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) allies are becoming “dangerous low” with no “short term” solutions, according to a top U.S. Air Force commander.

Gen. James Hecker, the commander of U.S. Air Forces Europe and Air Forces Africa, made the remarks at the Chief of the Air Staff’s Global Air & Space Chiefs’ Conference in London, reported Breaking Defense.

The air force general urged NATO allies to think seriously about their stockpiles.

“I think it’s very important that we kind of take stock of where we are in our weapons state across the 32 nations of NATO, and we’re getting way down compared to where we were,” Gen. Hecker said on a panel with the air chiefs of the United Kingdom and Sweden at the conference, reported the outlet.

“And it’s probably not going to get better—well, it’s not in the short term—but we’ve got to make sure in the long term we have the industrial base that can increase what we have,” he said at the July 12-13 event, urging all NATO nations to start making deeper investments.

(Read more from “U.S., NATO Weapons Stockpile at “Dangerously Low” Levels: Top Air Force General” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

U.S. Chip Makers Quietly Lobbying Biden Admin Against Imposing More Restrictions on Exports to China

Three top U.S. semiconductor manufacturers are quietly meeting with Biden administration officials Monday to discuss new export restrictions that are being considered related to the ongoing competition between the U.S. and China, according to Reuters.

Intel, Qualcomm and Nvidia are meeting with several Biden administration officials including Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo, National Economic Council Director Lael Brainard and National Security Council Director Jake Sullivan, according to Reuters. The Biden administration is considering updating rules put in place in October that aim to restrict China’s chip industry by limiting U.S. companies’ cooperation with Chinese chip manufacturers.

“We urge the administration to refrain from further restrictions until it engages more extensively with industry and experts to assess the impact of current and potential restrictions to determine whether they are narrow and clearly defined, consistently applied, and fully coordinated with allies,” The Semiconductor Industry Association, a lobbying group for the industry, said in a press release Monday. (Read more from “U.S. Chip Makers Quietly Lobbying Biden Admin Against Imposing More Restrictions on Exports to China” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Veteran Sues Police Officer After Being Arrested for Holding ‘God Bless the Homeless Vets’ Sign

A third lawsuit was filed Monday against the police officer who arrested a veteran for holding a “God Bless the Homeless Vets” sign outside of a city hall building in Georgia, according to the watchdog group that filed the lawsuit.

The Foundation for Individual Rights and Expression (FIRE), a free speech advocacy group that provides legal defense, filed a lawsuit on behalf of Jeff Gray alleging that Port Wentworth police officer Robert Hemminger knew that Gray was within his constitutional rights to protest when he arrested him in 2021, according to the lawsuit. This marks the third lawsuit that FIRE has filed on behalf of Gray after the organization previously challenged another arrest of his and a citation he received.

“In Port Wentworth, Georgia, my rights were violated upon the whim of government employees,” Gray said, according to FIRE. “Now I am honored to be working with FIRE to ensure that never happens again.”

“Port Wentworth Police Sgt. Robert Hemminger knew that Jeffrey Gray wasn’t doing anything wrong or unlawful when Gray stood outside of Port Wentworth’s City Hall displaying a sign reading ‘God Bless the Homeless Vets,’ the lawsuit states. “Sgt. Hemminger told Gray as much, and he told the employees inside City Hall the same thing: Gray was not doing anything wrong.”

Gray’s activity was within his First Amendment rights as well as a declaration of the space outside the city hall as a public forum, according to the lawsuit. The lawsuit is also seeking compensatory and punitive damages for Gray along with attorney’s fees in an amount to be decided at trial. (Read more from “Veteran Sues Police Officer After Being Arrested for Holding ‘God Bless the Homeless Vets’ Sign” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Jim Jordan Threatens FBI Chief Wray With Contempt Over Parent, Catholic Targeting

House Judiciary Committee chairman Jim Jordan threatened Monday to hold FBI Director Christopher Wray in contempt if he doesn’t provide details of the bureau’s focus on parents upset about school policies and its proposed infiltration of Catholics who oppose abortion.

Jordan (R-Ohio) wrote to Wray that he was outraged by the FBI’s “wholly inadequate” response to legally binding subpoenas issued in February and April by the Judiciary Committee’s subcommittee focused on the “weaponization” of the government, which Jordan also chairs.

“After several accommodations, months of persistent outreach by the Committee, and attempts to negotiate and work with the FBI in good faith, we write to notify you that if the FBI does not improve its compliance substantially, the Committee will take action—such as the initiation of contempt of Congress proceedings—to obtain compliance with these subpoenas,” Jordan wrote.

The threat to hold Wray in contempt follows a similar threat successfully used in May by House Oversight Committee chairman James Comer (R-Ky.) to force the bureau to share an informant file accusing President Biden of accepting a $5 million bribe from a Ukrainian energy executive while he was vice president.

In that prior case, the FBI at first refused to provide the informant file — before Wray scrambled to avoid a looming contempt vote by agreeing in early June to allow Oversight Committee members to see a redacted version of the tipoff. House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) had backed up Comer’s threat. (Read more from “Jim Jordan Threatens FBI Chief Wray With Contempt Over Parent, Catholic Targeting” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.