DeSantis Officially Declaring Presidential Run During Event With Elon Musk

Florida Republican Governor Ron DeSantis is officially entering the 2024 presidential race this week during a special event with Twitter owner Elon Musk.

The conversation between DeSantis and Musk will take place on Twitter at 6 p.m. ET on Wednesday, according to multiple reports. The conversation will be moderated by Republican donor David Sacks, who is supporter of DeSantis and a close ally of Musk. . .

Musk seemingly confirmed the report on the platform by retweeting a Fox News reporter who shared the news.

A source close to Musk told NBC News that Musk believes that former President Donald Trump is not capable of winning the White House in 2024 and that DeSantis is. “He’s interested in the future, and he’s interested in winning again,” the person said. (Read more from “DeSantis Officially Declaring Presidential Run During Event With Elon Musk” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

State Assembly Passes Bill Banning Chemicals Found in Skittles

The California Assembly passed a bill last week which would ban five allegedly toxic chemicals commonly found in candies like PEZ, Skittles, and Hot Tamales.

This is the first bill in the nation which would ban red dye No. 3, titanium dioxide, potassium bromate, brominated vegetable oil, and propyl paraben, California Globe reported. Assemblyman Jesse Gabriel (D) introduced Assembly Bill 418 in February, and he modeled the restrictions after the European Union’s ban on the five chemicals.

Gabriel said in a press release:

Today’s strong vote is a major step forward in our effort to protect children and families in California from dangerous and toxic chemicals in our food supply. It’s unacceptable that the U.S. is so far behind the rest of the world when it comes to banning these dangerous additives. We don’t love our children any less than they do in Europe, and it’s not too much to ask food and beverage manufacturers to switch to the safer alternative ingredients that they already use in Europe and so many other nations around the globe.

(Read more from “State Assembly Passes Bill Banning Chemicals Found in Skittles” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Non-Binary, Ex-Biden Official Sam Brinton to Be Held in Men’s Jail Over Suitcase Theft Charges: Sheriff

Non-binary former nuclear official Sam Brinton is to be placed in a men’s jail in Maryland while waiting to be sent to Virginia over suitcase theft charges.

A Montgomery County Sheriff’s deputy told The Post Tuesday that Brinton is in a “pre-placement” hold at the county jail and should be housed with the “general population” of the men’s jail sometime next week.

Under the Montgomery County Department of Correction and Rehabilitation policy, inmates are processed and housed according to their biological sex.

The policy states: “Although MCDOCR does not consider anatomical changes brought about by hormonal therapy to be changes that constitute a change of anatomical sex, the classification of an arrestee/inmate will depend on whether the arrestee/inmate has male or female genitalia, whether they present a management or security problem, and whether their health and safety can be ensured.

“Once an inmate is classified, they will be given a housing assignment based on that classification.” (Read more from “Non-Binary, Ex-Biden Official Sam Brinton to Be Held in Men’s Jail Over Suitcase Theft Charges: Sheriff” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Wealthy Tech Mogul’s Desperation to Remain Young Has Him Using His Son as a ‘Blood Boy’

In an effort to delay or possibly even reverse decrepitude, 45-year-old tech mogul Bryan Johnson has tapped his son’s veins.

Johnson sold his digital payments company Braintree to PayPal for $800 million in 2013, then started the brain-machine interface company Kernel.

The technologist’s millions reportedly did not bring him peace. Instead, he was left depressed, bordering on suicidal, haunted by the inevitability that the march of progress would one day leave him behind.

TheBlaze reported earlier this year that Johnson had assembled a team of 30 doctors and was poised to spend $2 million a year on his body, admitting, “What I do may sound extreme, but I’m trying to prove that self-harm and decay are not inevitable.”

According to Bloomberg, the technologist hopes to have “the brain, heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, tendons, teeth, skin, hair, bladder, penis and rectum of an 18-year-old” via the execution of his Project Blueprint, “an algorithm that takes better care of me than I can myself.” (Read more from “Wealthy Tech Mogul’s Desperation to Remain Young Has Him Using His Son as a ‘Blood Boy’” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Conservative Professor Sues University for Excluding White Students From Summer Internship Program — And May Have Scored a Victory

A professor at an Ivy League school in New York may have scored a victory against the University of Minnesota after he sued the school for discriminating against white students in one of its summer internship programs.

This spring, UMN pitched its Multicultural Summer Research Opportunities Program to undergraduate “students of color and Native Americans” in the hopes that many of those who complete the program would someday choose to attend graduate school. According to screenshots reportedly taken of the UMN website, qualified applicants for MSROP, which begins on June 5 and continues until August 11, had to “identify as a Student of Color or Native American” and provide “demographic information” which would support that racial identification. Those admitted into the program would pair up with a mentor professor and earn a $6,000 stipend as they engaged in more challenging academic research. The application process was closed in early March, and the successful candidates were notified in early April.

However, William Jacobson, a self-identified “conservative” who works as a securities law professor at Cornell University, got wind of the program and soon afterward filed a lawsuit against the school for barring white students from applying. “There is an increasing trend where people think it’s OK to discriminate on the basis of race as long as the discrimination is against whites or Asians or others, and we don’t accept that,” Jacobson said.

By “we,” Jacobson likely meant his conservative nonprofit group, the Equal Protection Project. On behalf of the EPP, Jacobson and colleague Ameer Benno sent a letter to the Office for Civil Rights in the U.S. Department of Education, alerting officials to the discriminatory program at UMN and asking the OCR to intervene. “Discrimination against white applicants is just as unlawful as discrimination against black or other non-white applicants,” the letter stated. “There is no good form of racial discrimination.

“Because UMN receives federal funding,” it continued, “OCR had the power and obligation to make UMN stop and to impose whatever remedial relief is necessary.” The letter than lists possible steps that the OCR could take, from “imposing fines” to “referring the case to the Department of Justice.” (Read more from “Conservative Professor Sues University for Excluding White Students From Summer Internship Program — And May Have Scored a Victory” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Debt Limit Default Could Cost California More Than 840,000 Jobs: Analysts

With the debt limit debate raging in Washington, D.C., some experts are projecting significant impacts on regional economies if no deal is reached before the June 1 deadline, with more workers in California expected to lose their job than in any other state if the breach is prolonged, according to a recently released report from Moody’s Analytics.

“The timing could not be worse for the economy; even without the specter of a debt limit breach many CEOs and economists believe a recession is dead ahead,” the authors wrote.

Based on a summary report released by the White House on May 3 detailing various debt ceiling scenarios, the Biden administration agrees with the dim assessment.

“An actual breach of the U.S. debt ceiling would likely cause severe damage to the U.S. economy,” the report declared.

If default occurs, and the debt breach cannot be resolved within a week, analysts expect California to be the hardest hit of all states by number of jobs lost totaling more than 840,000, with Texas’s 562,000 a distant second. (Read more from “Debt Limit Default Could Cost California More Than 840,000 Jobs: Analysts” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Manhattan Judge Sets Trump’s Hush-Money Criminal Case Trial for Middle of Primary Season

A Manhattan judge set former President Donald Trump’s criminal trial date for the middle of the primary season, The Associated Press reported Tuesday.

Trump appeared virtually in a court hearing regarding the criminal investigation into whether alleged hush money payments were made via forged business records, according to the AP. Judge Juan Merchan scheduled Trump’s criminal trial to March 25, forcing the former president to come before the Manhattan court room amid the highly contentious primary season.

The former president expressed frustration during his appearance, and threw his hands up when Merchan ordered him to cancel all other plans for the newly-scheduled court appearance, which could last for weeks, according to the AP. Trump took to Truth Social following his virtual courtroom visit, and argued the judge infringed on his First Amendment rights.

“Just had New York County Supreme Court hearing where I believe my First Amendment Rights, ‘Freedom of Speech,’ have been violated, and they forced upon us a trial date of March 25th, right in the middle of Primary season,” Trump wrote. “Very unfair, but this is exactly what the Radical Left Democrats wanted. It’s called ELECTION INTERFERENCE, and nothing like this has ever happened in our Country before!!!”

(Read more from “Manhattan Judge Sets Trump’s Hush-Money Criminal Case Trial for Middle of Primary Season” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Corporate Media Is Hiding the Real Reason Disney Canceled Its New Florida Investment

Disney scrapped its plan to build a new office complex in Florida that would have cost the company nearly $1 billion. While the move is likely part of an overall cost-cutting plan, the corporate media framed the story as a virtuous rebuke of Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis’ policies.

In The New York Times’ coverage, reporter Brooks Barnes lamented the 2,000 jobs that the Lake Nona region of Florida was set to lose due to Disney’s decision. The project would have re-located mostly high-paid Disney employees from the current California office to a new campus 20 miles from Disney World.

However, Barnes spent the bulk of the article framing the move around Disney’s, as well as the Democrats’ preferred narrative. He blamed the move on DeSantis’ “scorched-earth attempt” to reign in Disney’s foray into left-wing gender politics. He discussed a memo, viewed by the Times, that blamed the “changing business conditions” in Florida for forcing Disney to reconsider further investment in the state.

The memo did not mention DeSantis by name, but it didn’t have to. There was no need for Disney CEO (and prominent Biden supporter) Bob Iger to get his hands dirty and spark another public sparring match with DeSantis. Disney executives let the media do the dirty work for them. Two anonymous sources confirmed to the Times that Disney’s “battle with the governor and his allies in the Florida Legislature figured prominently into Disney’s decision to cancel the Lake Nona project.” That is all the corporate press needed to justify sparking the latest anti-DeSantis narrative. (Read more from “Corporate Media Is Hiding the Real Reason Disney Canceled Its New Florida Investment” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Charge Against Shareholder Activist Detained After Invoking Epstein Dropped

A trespassing charge against a conservative activist investor who was arrested at Berkshire Hathaway’s recent shareholder meeting after bringing up dead pedophile Jeffrey Epstein has been dropped.

The Daily Wire has learned that a prosecutor in Omaha, Nebraska, informed Peter Flaherty, chairman of the National Legal and Policy Center (NLPC), last week that he reviewed the case and declined prosecution.

While the prosecutor could not immediately be reached for comment, Flaherty said in a phone call on Tuesday that it was “the weakest case imaginable” and is “glad” the charge is no more.

At the annual meeting in Omaha earlier this month, Flaherty had been recognized to speak in support of a proposal to require the roles of CEO and chairman be held by two different people. Both of those titles are held by Warren Buffett, and Flaherty argued the Omaha-based company would be less identified with Buffett’s political activities if the chair was independent.

After getting into how Buffett donated billions of dollars to Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates’ foundation, as well as efforts supporting Critical Race Theory and gender ideology, Flaherty said a Berkshire official approached to tell him to stay on topic. Buffett gave him the go-ahead to continue, and that’s when Flaherty mentioned Gates’ ties to Epstein. (Read more from “Charge Against Shareholder Activist Detained After Invoking Epstein Dropped” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Poll: Most Voters Believe Joe Biden Engaged in ‘Illegal Influence Peddling Scheme’ With Hunter

Most registered voters think President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden partook “in an illegal influence peddling scheme while he was Vice President,” according to a Harvard/Harris poll.

The poll, conducted between May 17-18, asked participants, “From what you know, do you think Hunter Biden was involved in illegal influence peddling and tax evasion, or do you think he was not involved in such crimes?”

Of the registered voter respondents, 63 percent, including 83 percent of Republicans and 65 percent of voters outside of the two major parties, believe Hunter Biden “was involved in illegal influence.” More than four in ten Democrats believe the same.

A majority of 53 percent of respondents say that President Biden engaged “in an illegal influence peddling scheme” with his son when he served as vice president. This included most Republicans (79 percent) and independents (58 percent), while a majority of 75 percent of Democrats think the opposite.

Moreover, 55 percent of all participants say that the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is “not really fully investigating” Hunter Biden’s laptop or “foreign business dealings,” including most Republicans and third-party and unaffiliated voters, while 66 percent of Democrats think the agency is “fully investigating” the device. (Read more from “Poll: Most Voters Believe Joe Biden Engaged in ‘Illegal Influence Peddling Scheme’ With Hunter” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.