Investigators Hunting for 60,000 Pounds of Missing Explosives

Images of that gaping hole in the multi-story Murrah federal building in Oklahoma City, after Timothy McVeigh detonated a ton of ammonium nitrate fertilizer, which explodes, in the nearby street and killed 168 people are ingrained in America’s memory.

Now a report reveals that federal investigators are trying to figure out what happened to 30 tons of the same material that disappeared en route to California.

The Daily Mail reveals that the material “vanished” during a journey from Cheyenne, Wyoming, to Saltdale, California.

The report explained the material, in pellet form, was from a Dyno Nobel manufacturing site and left April 12. It was reported missing when the train arrived on May 10.

Union Pacific says it does not believe “criminal” activity was involved and some reports suggest it simply leaked from the rail car. (Read more from “Investigators Hunting for 60,000 Pounds of Missing Explosives” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

McCarthy Threatened With GOP Rebellion Over Rumored Debt-Limit Deal With Biden

House Republicans left Washington on Thursday without a deal on the debt limit and with a brewing revolt against Speaker Kevin McCarthy because of a rumored compromise with President Biden.

Ultra-conservative lawmakers are up in arms over alleged details of a compromise that leaked out of the negotiations. Rep. Tim Burchett shared with fellow members of the House Freedom Caucus a document purporting to detail a list of spending compromises agreed to by negotiators.

“We’ve heard rumors that there may be some sort of a deal that would be less than desirable to a majority of Republicans,” said Rep. Bob Good, Virginia Republican.

Mr. McCarthy’s negotiating team said the document was not authentic. They said nothing has been agreed to yet.

The document outlines a potential deal to lift the debt ceiling until after the 2024 election while clawing back unspent coronavirus relief. It also incentivizes congressional leaders to start negotiating budget cuts through appropriations. The size of the cuts and the fate of expanded work requirements are still being negotiated. (Read more from “McCarthy Threatened With GOP Rebellion Over Rumored Debt-Limit Deal With Biden” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Disney Gives ‘Little Mermaid’ the Progressive-Live Action Treatment

Disney has made billions remaking its classic animated films into live-action versions sanitized so as not to offend modern cultural sensibilities, and by the initial accounts, “The Little Mermaid” is no different.

The much-anticipated remake, which premiered Friday to varied critical reviews, features a boatload of tweaks to the plot and lyrics intended to bring the 1989 original in line with contemporary social mores.

Scuttle the male sea gull is now Scuttle the female gannet. Ariel, played by Halle Bailey, is Black and hails from a mixed-race family of mermaids and mermen. King Triton checks the environmental box by denouncing humans for polluting the ocean.

Melissa McCarthy, who plays Ursula the sea witch in the remake, told Deadline earlier this month that her performance was modeled — as the original animated character was — on the late drag queen celebrity Divine.

“I just hope to do every incredible drag queen proud,” Ms. McCarthy said. (Read more from “Disney Gives ‘Little Mermaid’ the Progressive-Live Action Treatment” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Oath Keepers Leader Sentenced to 18 Years for Role in Jan. 6 Riot

Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes was given an 18 year prison sentence Thursday for his involvement in the Jan. 6 riot, the longest sentence given to date for defendants involved, according to Politico.

Rhodes, one of 14 Jan. 6 defendants to plead guilty to or be convicted of seditious conspiracy, is the first to be sentenced, Politico reported. Four Proud Boys members were found guilty of the same charge early May, including former Proud Boys national chairman Enrique Tarrio and members Ethan Nordean, Joseph Biggs and Zachary Rehl.

“The moment you are released, whenever that may be, you will be ready to take up arms against your government,” U.S. District Judge Amit Mehta told Rhodes before giving his sentence, according to AP.

Prosecutors urged Mehta to hand Rhodes a minimum sentence of 25 years, arguing that he encouraged Oath Keepers members to assemble weapons that could be used in the city and prepare for violence if former President Donald Trump did not prevent Congress from certifying the 2020 election results, per Politico.

Mehta applied enhanced terrorism penalties to Rhodes, though judges resisted doing so in previous sentences for other Jan. 6 defendants, according to the AP. He said Rhodes presents “an ongoing threat and a peril to this country, to the republic and to the very fabric of our democracy,” according to Politico. (Read more from “Oath Keepers Leader Sentenced to 18 Years for Role in Jan. 6 Riot” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Bizarre Noises Coming From Carry-on Bag Lead Officials to Make Smuggled Goods Discovery

A man allegedly confessed to smuggling 29 parrot eggs through the Miami airport on his way from Nicaragua to Taiwan after officers heard faint chirping noises coming from a carry-on bag, the Associated Press (AP) reported.

A U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer detected faint chirping inside a carry-on bag, AP News reported. The officer found a temperature controlled cooler containing multiple eggs, some newly hatched. The suspect, Szu Ta Wu, allegedly confessed to lacking the necessary documentation for transporting the birds.

Wu pleaded guilty to charges of smuggling birds into the United States. Wu could face up to 20 years in prison if convicted, AP reported. Wu apparently claimed he had been paid by a friend to travel to Nicaragua to collect the eggs, reportedly unaware of the specific bird species involved.

Federal officials called Paul Reillo, Director of Florida International University’s (FIU) Rare Species Conservatory Foundation to assist with the hatching eggs, AP News reported. (Read more from “Bizarre Noises Coming From Carry-on Bag Lead Officials to Make Smuggled Goods Discovery” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Poll: Trump Holds 30-Point Lead Over DeSantis in Nevada

Former President Donald Trump holds a 30-point lead over Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) in Nevada as the Republican primary field continues to grow.

The poll, which Vote TXT conducted and Nevada Newsmakers sponsored, found that Trump holds 51 percent of support among Republican primary voters, while 21 percent back DeSantis. No other candidate or potential candidate eclipses double digits, with former Gov. Nikki Haley (R-SC) at five percent, followed by entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy with three percent and former Vice President Mike Pence, who has two percent of support. Another 11 percent are undecided.

Vote TXT pollster Bryan Bedera told Newsmakers that Trump has considerable advantages in name recognition and “campaign infrastructure” versus the rest of the field.

“He has been talking to his voters consistently for nearly eight years, and that puts him so far ahead of anyone else in the race,” he added. “They may not be able to catch him, especially if it appears Trump is impervious to negative attacks on his character.”

The survey comes as the Republican primary field continues to expand, with DeSantis announcing he was entering the fray on Wednesday night and Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC) launching his campaign on Monday. Former Gov Chris Christie (R-NJ) is reportedly expected to enter the race, while Gov. Doug Bergum is weighing a “likely” bid, as NBC News noted. Gov. Glenn Youngkin (R-VA) is also reportedly “reconsidering” a White House run.

(Read more from “Poll: Trump Holds 30-Point Lead Over DeSantis in Nevada” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Poll: 63% Believe Trump-Russia Smear Was ‘Hit Job,’ Majority Want Involved FBI Officials Prosecuted

Two-thirds of voters believe former President Donald Trump was the target of a political “hit job” over allegations that his campaign colluded with Russia, and a majority want the FBI officials involved “criminally prosecuted,” according to a Rasmussen poll released after Special Counsel John Durham released his report on the origins of Russiagate.

Last week, Durham released his long-awaited report, which found the FBI should never have launched an investigation into Trump’s campaign over its alleged ties with Russia.

“Based on the review of Crossfire Hurricane and related intelligence activities, we conclude that the Department and the FBI failed to uphold their important mission of strict fidelity to the law in connection with certain events and activities described in this report,” the 300-page report concluded.

Duram’s report also revealed that top leaders at the FBI shut down four criminal investigations into Hillary and Bill Clinton, among other findings.

Sixty-three percent of voters told Rasmussen they believe the Trump-Russia narrative was a political “hit job,” orchestrated by Hillary Clinton’s campaign. (Read more from “Poll: 63% Believe Trump-Russia Smear Was ‘Hit Job,’ Majority Want Involved FBI Officials Prosecuted” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

The Tide Is Turning: Prominent Christians Talk Effective Target and Bud Light Boycotts

Conservative consumers have finally figured out how to make their money talk when it comes to companies that peddle LGBT ideology including transgenderism, and Wall Street is taking notice.

Following backlash from the Right, retail giant Target said this week that it will remove some of its LGBT Pride merchandise aimed at both children and adults, including “tuck-friendly” women’s bathing suits, and designs from a company that sells satanic-themed LGBTQ+ clothing. The backtracking comes amid a devastating boycott against beer brand Bud Light over that company’s decision to team up with Dylan Mulvaney, a 26-year-old transgender activist who pretends to be a “girl” in online videos.

“We were sold a false bill of goods, that this was just gonna be kind of a live-and-let-live kind of libertarian approach to ordering our life together in society,” theologian and Christian Ethics Professor Andrew Walker told The Daily Wire of the LGBT movement.

“I think what we’re seeing is this kind of the metastasizing, outworking, and growth of the sexual revolution just doing what it’s naturally prone to do, which is to be all-consuming and to say that there are no limits whatsoever,” Walker said. “I believe in something like the natural law that every single person has some type of access to a general moral knowledge, and I think that that moral knowledge tells us that preying on children, sexualizing children is beyond the boundaries of a decent society. I think we’re seeing a reaction to that.”

Matt Fradd, Catholic apologist and host of the popular podcast “Pints with Aquinas,” told The Daily Wire that any group promoting the LGBT movement “ought not be patronized if there be another alternative.” (Read more from “The Tide Is Turning: Prominent Christians Talk Effective Target and Bud Light Boycotts” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Elon Musk’s Neuralink Startup Receives FDA Approval for First In-Human Brain Chip Implant Clinical Study

Elon Musk’s Neuralink neurotechnology startup company received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on Thursday to launch its first in-human clinical study.

“This is the result of incredible work by the Neuralink team in close collaboration with the FDA and represents an important first step that will one day allow our technology to help many people,” the company said on Twitter.

Musk has touted that over the years, the experimental brain-chip implant could treat neurological disorders such as paralysis and blindness by bridging signals between existing neurons, and would allow humans to save and replay memories, saying that “the future is going to be weird.”

Neuralink received FDA breakthrough designation for its technology three years ago, and Musk repeatedly claimed that human trials would begin immediately. However, the company had its application rejected in early 2022 by the FDA over safety concerns.

Seven current and former FDA employees told Reuters earlier this year that the agency’s major safety concerns involved “the device’s lithium battery; the potential for the implant’s tiny wires to migrate to other areas of the brain; and questions over whether and how the device can be removed without damaging brain tissue.” (Read more from “Elon Musk’s Neuralink Startup Receives FDA Approval for First In-Human Brain Chip Implant Clinical Study” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

‘We Can’t Trust the FBI’: Marjorie Taylor Greene Claims FBI ‘Protecting Joe Biden’ by Withholding Document

FBI Director Christopher Wray is “probably doing everything he can” not to give the House Oversight Committee a document related to President Joe Biden, Republican Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene told the Daily Caller in an exclusive interview.

The FBI knows “what’s on the document. And the thing is, we know what’s on the document too. And they shouldn’t be withholding it. It’s unclassified, so they have no excuse,” said Greene, a member of the Oversight Committee.

Republican Kentucky Rep. James Comer, Chairman of the House Oversight Committee, has threatened to hold Wray in contempt of Congress if the agency keeps refusing to comply with a subpoena to disclose the FD-1023 document. He is giving Wray until May 30 to comply with the committee’s subpoena and turn over the document.

The document allegedly details how President Biden was involved in a “pay-to-play” scheme with a foreign national while he was vice president, according to a whistleblower who spoke to the committee, Greene said.

“We know exactly what’s on the document and I can’t release any of that information. Our whistleblower is very credentialed and a solid source. We’re doing everything we can to protect our whistleblower. Our whistleblower actually fears for their life,” she stated. Greene noted that Comer is meeting with Wray next week and that the FBI director “should be handing it over.” (Read more from “‘We Can’t Trust the FBI’: Marjorie Taylor Greene Claims FBI ‘Protecting Joe Biden’ by Withholding Document” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.