Arms Dealer Viktor Bout Urges Trump to Seek Refuge in Russia as His Life Is ‘in Peril’

Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout, freed from a U.S. jail last year, on Friday urged U.S. ex-president Donald Trump to seek refuge in Russia as his life was “in peril.”

Bout, also known as the “Merchant of Death,” was swapped for U.S. basketball star Brittney Griner in a high-profile prisoner exchange between Moscow and Washington in December.

“I believe your life is in peril,” Bout wrote in a telegram sent to Trump and shown to the press in Moscow.

“The Biden administration will not stop just by dragging you through the court/prison industrial complex,” he said, referring to Trump’s successor Joe Biden.

“They would sooner end your life than let you stand in their way.”

Bout told Trump, whom he has long admired, that he would find a “safe haven and from here you can lead the fight for the American people.” (Read more from “Arms Dealer Viktor Bout Urges Trump to Seek Refuge in Russia as His Life Is ‘in Peril'” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Justice Clarence Thomas Responds to Report Alleging He Took Improper Gifts

Associate Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas denied wrongdoing in a response to an article alleging that he accepted improper gifts from a longtime friend and conservative donor.

“Harlan and Kathy Crow are among our dearest friends, and we have been friends for over twenty-five years. As friends do, we have joined them on a number of family trips during the more than quarter century we have known them. Early in my tenure at the Court, I sought guidance from my colleagues and others in the judiciary, and was advised that this sort of personal hospitality from close personal friends, who did not have business before the Court, was not reportable,” Thomas said in a statement.

ProPublica reported that Thomas and his wife traveled on the Crows’ yacht and on their private jet on numerous occasions over Thomas’ tenure on the Court. The article quoted several ethics experts who alleged that Thomas violated disclosure rules that require judges and justices to disclose large gifts. (Read more from “Justice Clarence Thomas Responds to Report Alleging He Took Improper Gifts” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Pentagon Probing Release of Alleged Secret U.S./NATO Plans to Arm Ukraine

The Pentagon is investigating how alleged secret U.S. and NATO plans for building up Ukraine’s military ahead of a planned offensive against Russia leaked online.

Versions of documents dating back to March 1 on assessments of Ukraine’s military strength and what Ukraine is expected to need before the offensive have surfaced on Twitter and Telegram, a messaging app with wide reach in Russia. The documents do not include battle plans or a date for when the push against Russia is expected to begin, but they contain a wealth of other information that had not been made public, according to The New York Times. . .

Since the war between Russia and Ukraine broke out last year, intelligence sharing between the United States and Ukraine has increased substantially. The documents that have appeared online, if authentic, represent a serious intelligence breach that could harm that intelligence sharing relationship.

Some of the documents appear altered to show the number of Ukrainian casualties much higher and Russian casualties much lower, according to the Times. The documents also include some information that has never been made public before, such as the Ukrainian military’s burn rate of HIMARS munitions, supplied to Ukraine by the U.S. military. . .

Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov did not comment on the authenticity of the documents that have appeared online, but told CNN: “We don’t have the slightest doubt about direct or indirect involvement of the United States and NATO in the conflict between Russia and Ukraine.” (Read more from “Pentagon Probing Release of Alleged Secret U.S./NATO Plans to Arm Ukraine” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Wannabe Shooter William Whitworth Owned ‘Communist Manifesto,’ Called Trump a ‘Con Man’

A Colorado teen who was arrested last month for allegedly planning to commit a mass shooting at [his] former middle school owned a copy of “The Communist Manifesto” — and blasted former President Donald Trump as a “con man” in [his] own writings, authorities said.

Lilly Whitworth, 19, wrote a detailed manifesto and possessed floor plans of [his] intended target before she was busted on March 31 for making threats to various schools, including Timberview Middle School, which [he] once attended, according to an arrest affidavit obtained by news station KRDO.

[He] also owned a copy of “The Communist Manifesto” by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels, according to an arrest affidavit. . .

The affidavit also detailed the contents of several notebooks, which included rants calling Trump a “con man,” the outlet said.

Whitworth — who previously went by [his] legal name, William — also reportedly wrote that Columbine High School shooters Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were “losers” and Sandy Hook Elementary School shooter Adam Lanza was “smart.” (Read more from “Wannabe Shooter William Whitworth Owned ‘Communist Manifesto,’ Called Trump a ‘Con Man’” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Kamala Harris Meeting With Expelled Dem Lawmakers in Tennessee

Vice President Kamala Harris is planning to stop in Nashville, Tennessee, to meet with two Democratic state lawmakers expelled from the Republican-controlled General Assembly after participating in a gun-control protest in the chamber.

The vice president’s trip on Friday follows the chamber’s vote on Thursday to expel Reps. Justin Jones and Justin Pearson, a move that drew swift condemnation from President Biden and Democrats nationwide.

The White House said in addition to meeting with state lawmakers, Ms. Harris will also meet with young people and advocates who are demanding action to address gun violence in the wake of the Covenant School shooting, in which a transgender person killed three 9-year-olds and three adults.

“While in Tennessee, the Vice President will make clear what happened in Nashville, continue to call on Congress to renew the assault weapons ban and ensure that in Tennessee and across the nation, the voices of our young people are heard,” a White House official said.

The Tennessee House voted to expel the two Democratic lawmakers Thursday for rule violations, but failed to oust a third. (Read more from “Kamala Harris Meeting With Expelled Dem Lawmakers in Tennessee” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Donald Trump: ‘Almost $10 Million Raised for the Campaign’ in Wake of Indictment

Almost $10 million was raised for former President Donald Trump’s campaign in the wake of his indictment, Trump announced on Truth Social this week.

Citing his rising poll numbers and the influx of campaign donations, Trump wrote:

As much as I can enjoy a day like Tuesday, where the Radical Left Lunatics, Maniacs, and Perverts had me Indicted and ARRESTED for no reason whatsoever, there was no Crime, it was an unbelievable experience, perhaps the Best Day in History for somebody who had just suffered Unjustifiable Indictment!

“My Poll Numbers have never been better, almost $10 Million was raised for the Campaign and, the day was capped off with a very important Speech. If we don’t stop the Radical Left, America is DEAD!” he exclaimed:

(Read more from “Donald Trump: ‘Almost $10 Million Raised for the Campaign’ in Wake of Indictment” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Biden Blames Trump for Messy Afghanistan Withdrawal — Then Sneaks Away to Camp David

The White House Thursday released its first after-action review of the disastrous 2021 US withdrawal from Afghanistan – without taking responsibility for its role in the rushed evacuation mission blighted by the deaths of 13 US service members and hundreds of Afghans in an ISIS suicide bombing.

As National Security Council spokesman John Kirby took questions from reporters about the 12-page document — released moments before he met the media — President Biden himself slipped out the front door of the White House to a waiting helicopter, departing Washington to spend the Easter holiday weekend at Camp David.

The review blames former President Donald Trump’s administration for pledging to the Taliban that the US would leave Afghanistan by May 2021 as part of the Doha agreement — a move that supposedly left his successor no option but to pull American forces out. In fact, the deal also gave the US the right to withdraw from the accord if Afghan peace talks failed — which they did.

“During the transition from the Trump Administration to the Biden administration, the outgoing administration provided no plans for how to conduct the final withdrawal or to evacuate Americans and Afghan allies,” the document states. “There were no such plans in place when President Biden came into office, even with the agreed-upon full withdrawal just over three months away.” (Read more from “Biden Blames Trump for Messy Afghanistan Withdrawal — Then Sneaks Away to Camp David” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

FBI Had ‘at Least 40’ Undercover Informants Instigating Trouble on January 6th

Law enforcement agencies had at least 40 undercover FBI informants participating in surveillance work among defendants during the January 6 Capitol Hill protests.

Roger Roots, the lawyer for defendant American Proud Boys member Dominic Pezzola, filed a motion to reveal all undercover informants related to the January 6 case.

According to the filed document, several undercover law enforcement officers were at the Capitol that day, with at least 40 undercover informants or agents walking among them, which Roots claims were instigating trouble.

“Some of these undercover Metro officers marched with the Proud Boy march, and some appear to have played roles of instigators, in that they are seen on body-worn videos chanting ‘Go! Go!,’ ‘Stop the Steal!,’ and ‘Whose house? Our house!’ on January 6. Others generally followed demonstrators toward the Capitol,” Roots said.

On Tuesday, the government admitted that eight FBI confidential agents were embedded among the Proud Boys on January 6. Roots allege that the Homeland Security Investigations (HIS) agency had about 19 informants active at the time. In addition, at least 13 undercover plain-clothes DC Metro police agents were among the Proud Boys. (Read more from “FBI Had ‘at Least 40’ Undercover Informants Instigating Trouble on January 6th” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Kansas Lawmakers Override Dem Governor’s Veto to Ban Trans Athletes From Women’s Sports

On Wednesday, lawmakers in Kansas overrode Democrat Gov. Laura Kelly’s veto and banned transgender athletes from participating in women’s and girls’ sports, kindergarten through high school.

Another measure approved by Kansas lawmakers this week would prevent students who identify as transgender from using public restrooms and other facilities that align with their gender identity instead of their biological sex. Reportedly, Kelly is expected to veto the legislation. Other legislation would ban irreversible transgender care, dubbed by the left as “gender-affirming care,” for children.

On Twitter, Kansas Sen. Roger Marshall (R), who is a doctor, praised the legislation.

In Kansas, we believe in science. We believe women are born women. We will never waiver in our fight to stand up for biological women in sports and never accept men competing in women’s sports,” he wrote.

(Read more from “Kansas Lawmakers Override Dem Governor’s Veto to Ban Trans Athletes From Women’s Sports” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

U.S. Needs More Air Power to Avoid ‘Bloodbath’ With China, General Says

U.S. Air Force officials lack the air power needed to prevent a potential war with China from settling into “the kind of bloodbath” on display in Ukraine.

“We’ve got to get to the ability, maybe not all times in all places … to attain and maintain air superiority,” Air Force Lt. Gen. Richard G. Moore, the deputy chief of staff for plans and programs, said Thursday. “We don’t want the kind of bloodbath that’s going on in Ukraine right now. And so therefore, we have to get to the advanced capabilities that it takes to change the battlefield.”

Air Force planners have budgeted to purchase 72 new fighter jets in the upcoming fiscal year, comprised of a mix of vaunted fifth-generation F-35 stealth fighters and the F-15EX. Yet the Air Force’s ability to continue acquiring six dozen warplanes per year could be tested by defense manufacturing constraints.

“The defense industrial base can only support so much procurement and the ability right now to go beyond 72 — there are some challenges,” Moor said. “You know that it’s great to think that COVID is over, but supply chain and workforce issues are not over at all.” (Read more from “U.S. Needs More Air Power to Avoid ‘Bloodbath’ With China, General Says” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.