Study: Significant Weight Loss in Older Adults Associated With Risk of Death

Weight loss in older adults may increase their risk of death, according to new research.

A cohort study published in the journal JAMA Network Open Monday looked at more than 16,000 adults in the U.S. and Australia.

The authors from the University of Melbourne, Monash University and others said weight loss in healthy older individuals was found to be associated with an increased risk of cancer, cardiovascular disease and “other life-limiting conditions.” . . .

The adults were weighed annually, with researchers warning physicians to be aware of the “significant association” between relatively minor weight loss of more than 5% and mortality.

Older men who lost between 5%-10% of weight — compared to those who had stable weight — had a 33% higher risk of mortality, and those who lost more than 10% of weight had a 289% higher chance of mortality. (Read more from “Study: Significant Weight Loss in Older Adults Associated With Risk of Death” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

DA Alvin Bragg Sues Rep. Jim Jordan Over Trump Indictment Subpoenas

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg on Tuesday filed a federal lawsuit against Rep. Jim Jordan, alleging that the Republican lawmaker is trying to wage a campaign of intimidation over his prosecution of former President Donald Trump.

In his lawsuit, the Democratic D.A. said he’s taking legal action “in response to an unprecedently brazen and unconstitutional attack by members of Congress on an ongoing New York State criminal prosecution and investigation of former President Donald J. Trump.”

Bragg is asking a judge to invalidate subpoenas that Jordan, the chair of the House Judiciary Committee, has or plans to issue as part of an investigation of Bragg’s handling of the Trump case.

“Chairman Jordan’s subpoena is an unconstitutional attempt to undermine an ongoing New York felony criminal prosecution and investigation,” Bragg said. “As our complaint details, this is an unprecedented, illegitimate interference by Congress that lacks any legal merit and defies basic principles of federalism.” . . .

In recent weeks, the Judiciary Committee issued a subpoena seeking testimony from a former prosecutor, Mark Pomerantz, who previously oversaw the Trump investigation. The committee has also sought documents and testimony about the case from Bragg and his office. Bragg has rejected those requests. (Read more from “DA Alvin Bragg Sues Rep. Jim Jordan Over Trump Indictment Subpoenas” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Bible Exhibit Challenges Belief That Faith and Science Have Nothing to Do With Each Other

In these times of advanced technology, AI and scientific discovery, many people feel their faith is not compatible with science.

A recent Pew survey even found that six in 10 adults believe science and faith have nothing to say to each other.

But a new exhibit at the Museum of the Bible in Washington, D.C., directly challenges that idea.

NASA astronaut Col. Jeff Williams, who has spent more time in space than almost any other U.S. astronaut, is one of the voices endorsing the “Scripture and Science” exhibit. . .

History proves that a belief in a God of order and law was the compelling reason behind so much scientific discovery, particularly in the last 2,000 years. (Read more from “Bible Exhibit Challenges Belief That Faith and Science Have Nothing to Do With Each Other” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Trump Delivers Blistering Easter Message While Melania Breaks Silence After Arrest

Melania Trump on Sunday broke her silence for the first time since her husband’s indictment and arrest, while hubby Donald delivered a blistering message to critics.

“Happy Easter!” the former first lady tweeted above a photo of a pink rose, the first time she has posted something online since the Manhattan criminal firestorm engulfing her husband took off. . .

Meanwhile, on Sunday, the former president wrote in a snarky all-caps message posted on his Truth Social site, “Happy Easter to All” — including “weak & pathetic RINOS [Republicans in Name Only]” and “radical left Democrats, socialists Marxists, & communists” and others who oppose stricter border security and voting laws.

Trump last week pleaded not guilty to 34 felony counts of falsifying business records related to alleged hush-money payments made to porn star Stormy Daniels, as well as a “catch and kill” reporting scheme involving the National Enquirer and another purported Trump mistress, Karen McDougal, in a case brought by Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg.

The unprecedented indictment comes as Trump, 76, is attempting to regain the White House for a third time, running for the 2024 Republican nomination. It follows a five-year investigation by the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office into Trump and his business dealings — a probe that Republicans have blasted as a politically motivated crusade. (Read more from “Trump Delivers Blistering Easter Message While Melania Breaks Silence After Arrest” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Everything We Know About Louisville Bank Shooter; Shooter Connor Sturgeon’s Pronouns Spark Outrage; Shooter Was BLM, Anti-Trump Twitter Activist

By New York Post. A lone gunman stormed a bank in downtown Louisville, Kentucky, on Monday morning, killing four people and injuring eight others before dying in a confrontation with police.

Officials later identified the suspect as Connor Sturgeon, 23.

Sturgeon worked as a summer intern for the bank for three consecutive years, eventually joining as a commercial development professional in 2021 and a full-time associate and portfolio banker last year, according to his LinkedIn account. . .

Sturgeon had been told he was going to be fired from the bank, according to CNN, who also reported he had left a note for his parents and a friend saying he was going to shoot up the bank. . .

Sturgeon was a graduate of the University of Alabama, where he earned a master of science in finance in 2020. (Read more from “Everything We Know About Louisville Bank Shooter” HERE)

__________________________________________________

Louisville Shooter Connor Sturgeon’s Pronouns Spark Outrage

By Newsweek. The use of pronouns on LinkedIn by the suspected Louisville, Kentucky, shooter has drawn outrage on social media. . .

Police said the shooter was fatally shot by responding officers. Before his identification by police, social media users shared screenshots of a LinkedIn profile associated with Sturgeon that showed the use of the pronouns he/him, which has brought some criticism online.

Sebastian Gorka, a conservative commentator and ex-adviser to former President Donald Trump, wrote on Twitter that Sturgeon was “proudly displaying his “pronouns” online” and called this a “#RedFlag.”

(Read more from “Louisville Shooter Connor Sturgeon’s Pronouns Spark Outrage” HERE)

__________________________________________________

Louisville Shooting: What We Know About the Bank Employee Who Killed 5 People

By Forbes. . .Police identified the shooter as Connor Sturgeon, who they say live-streamed his killing of four Old National Bank employees: 64-year-old market executive Jim Tutt, 63-year-old senior vice president Tommy Elliott, 57-year-old commercial banking agent Juliana Farmer and 40-year-old senior vice president of commercial real estate Josh Barrick. . .

The outlet also reported Sturgeon appeared to operate two since-removed Twitter accounts where he posted about sports, along with support for the Black Lives Matter movement in 2020 and criticism of then-President Donald Trump.

An essay in Sturgeon’s name on his “Personal Code of Ethics” was uploaded to CourseHero in 2018, where he outlined self-esteem issues that he said gave him “a somewhat negative self-image,” though he indicated it was improving. (Read more from “Louisville Shooting: What We Know About the Bank Employee Who Killed 5 People” HERE)

__________________________________________________

Louisville Shooter Connor Sturgeon Was Star Athlete but Suffered ‘Multiple Concussions’

By New York Post. The man suspected of killing four and injuring nine at the Old National Bank in downtown Louisville, Kentucky, was a star athlete in high school who allegedly suffered so many concussions he wore a helmet at basketball games. . .

Back when he was a freshman at the Floyd Central High School in Floyds Knobs, Indiana, Sturgeon was an all-round athlete, playing basketball, football and running track.

As his father was the head coach of the team, a former classmate told The Daily Beast Sturgeon was known as “Mr. Floyd Central.”

However, the classmate, who asked to remain anonymous, noted Sturgeon oddly wore a helmet while playing basketball due to multiple concussions he suffered while playing football. . .

“We played football together in eighth grade. He was out most of the year because he had multiple concussions,” he said. “Then he had a couple more in high school.” (Read more from “Louisville Shooter Connor Sturgeon Was Star Athlete but Suffered ‘Multiple Concussions’” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

The FBI Tried to Get Informants Inside Catholic Churches

The House Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government has released new details about the FBI’s targeting of Catholic churches and First Amendment rights violations of worshippers.

“From this limited production, it is apparent that the FBI, relying on information derived from at least one undercover employee, sought to use local religious organizations as ‘new avenues for tripwire and source development,'” the Committee released Monday afternoon. “For example, in a section of a January 23, 2023, domain perspective document entitled ‘Opportunities,’ The document itself shows that its contents, including its proposal to develop sources in Catholic churches, were reviewed and approved by two senior intelligence analysts and even the local Chief Division Counsel. Whistleblowers have advised that the FBI distributed this document to field offices across the country.”

According to Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan, which oversees the weaponization subcommittee, the FBI sought to use confidential informants inside a number of Catholic congregations in order to look for “radicalization.”

“In addition to [redaction], engage in outreach to the leadership of other [Society of Saint Pius X] chapels in the FBI Richmond [area of responsibility] to sensitize these congregations to the warning signs of radicalization and to enlist their assistance to serve as suspicious activity tripwires,” the FBI wrote, adding the Bureau’s goal to “sensitize the congregation to the warning signs of radicalization and enlist their assistance to serve as suspicious activity tripwires” and “leverag[ing] existing sources and/or initiat[ing] Type 5 Assessments to develop new sources with the placement and access” to report on suspicious activity.”

(Read more from “The FBI Tried to Get Informants Inside Catholic Churches” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

White House Warns Journalists Not to Report on Leaked Pentagon Papers

White House National Security spokesman John Kirby warned Monday that the details surrounding the leaked Pentagon documents should not be reported out.

Several classified documents, some of which reportedly pertain to how the U.S. spies on foreign nations such as Israel, Ukraine and South Korea, were leaked over recent weeks, prompting officials to worry the leak could jeopardize international relations.

Kirby spoke about matter during Monday’s press briefing.

“Again, without confirming the validity of the documents, this is information that has no business in the public domain. It has no business – if you don’t mind me saying – on the pages of … front pages of newspapers or on television. It is not intended for public consumption and it should not be out there,” Kirby said. (Read more from “White House Warns Journalists Not to Report on Leaked Pentagon Papers” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Biden Signs Measure to End COVID-19 National Emergency

More than three years after then-President Donald Trump proclaimed the COVID-19 outbreak a national emergency, President Joe Biden on Monday signed a measure to terminate the national emergency.

When the H.J. Res. 7 measure passed the House chamber earlier this year, only 11 Democrats voted to approve it, but a larger number of Senate Democrats voted for passage when the measure cleared the Senate chamber in a 68-23 vote.

The Biden administration had opposed the measure that the president signed on Monday.

“The Administration strongly opposes enactment of H.R. 382 and H.J. Res. 7, which would be a grave disservice to the American people,” a statement of administration policy dated January 30, 2023 noted.

“The COVID-19 national emergency and public health emergency (PHE) were declared by the Trump Administration in 2020. They are currently set to expire on March 1 and April 11, respectively. At present, the Administration’s plan is to extend the emergency declarations to May 11, and then end both emergencies on that date,” the administration’s statement said, warning that “an abrupt end to the emergency declarations would create wide-ranging chaos and uncertainty throughout the health care system.” (Read more from “Biden Signs Measure to End COVID-19 National Emergency” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Survivors of the Trans Panic: Detransitioner Reveals Horrors of Gender ‘Cyber-Sect’

Transgenderism is being portrayed as a progressive form of self-expression by the political, media, and business complex, but it is also damaging and marring — in many cases irreparably — the girls who come into contact with it. This series is exploring some of the cruelty experienced by people who have interacted with the “cyber-sect” of radical gender ideology, through testimony in their own words.

About 20 percent of Generation Z is likely to identify on the “LGBTQQIP2SAA” spectrum, and “LGBTQIA+” identification overall has become much more common in the United States in the past decade, according to 2022 polling by Gallup. Over five percent of Americans from 18 to 30-years-old identify as “transgender” or “nonbinary,” according a Pew Research Center survey published in June. . .

“Oftentimes, people are looking for an escape. There’s a lot of escapism in my generation, and this is especially true with the trans ideology,” Estella Suarez-Hamilton, a young woman who “transitioned” as a teenager and presented herself as a man, told Breitbart News. “It was a distraction that I needed, to not look at the parts of my life and the relationships in my life that I was not succeeding in, and were falling apart.”

“I was looking for escape — and the political, kind of spiritual, aspects of trans ideology, when they’re combined with the online [community], that offers a type of escapism,” she continued. “A lot of times people will say that it’s a ‘cult,’ and in a way, that could be applied, but I think a more accurate term is a ‘cyber sect’.” . . .

“If you are thinking about how to describe the sect, it is very much connected to, like, the modern Gnostic principles. This is a syncretic cyber sect of modern Gnosticism,” Estella said, “and I love how complicated it sounds, because the trans community loves language, and they love to complicate language to the nth degree. So, I think that this term is just very — from my experience — very accurate to explain what I went through, that’s what I think happened, and that’s how I can articulate it.” (Read more from “Survivors of the Trans Panic: Detransitioner Reveals Horrors of Gender ‘Cyber-Sect’” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Bad News for Budweiser: Another Celeb Joins Boycott Over ‘Trans’ Influencer

As if a viral video-tweet of Kid Rock shooting up cases of Bud Light wasn’t enough of a PR disaster for Anheuser-Busch, country music star Travis Tritt announced Wednesday that he is banning all A-B products from his tour to protest against the “woke” brewing corporation’s hiring of a “trans” fake “girly-girl” as a spokesman.

The femmy pretend-woman who has generated a gigantic backlash against A-B is Dylan Mulvaney, a 26-year-old biological man who has lived one year as a faux “woman” and whose antics on TikTok (10.8 million followers) range from co-opting children’s book characters (he plays a six-year-old girl on one video while shilling for a famous hotel) to advocating for “trans health” coverage as he dishes on his “facial feminization surgeries” designed to rework his naturally male features to look more feminine.

(Read more from “Bad News for Budweiser: Another Celeb Joins Boycott Over ‘Trans’ Influencer” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.