What You Should Know About the New York Judge Assigned to Trump Case

Acting New York Supreme Court Justice Juan Merchan will preside over the hush money prosecution of former President Donald Trump despite his history of rulings against the businessman-turned-politician’s associates. . .

Trump contended last week that Merchan was “hand picked” by Bragg to preside over the case and said that Merchan “hates” him in a post to his social media platform Truth Social. Another all-caps post to Truth Social on Tuesday morning asserted that Merchan is “highly partisan” and contended that his family is composed of “well known Trump haters.”

Merchan, a Colombian-born immigrant who moved to the United States as a 6-year-old, earned a law degree from Hofstra University in 1994, according to a report from the Associated Press. He served in the state attorney general’s office before his 2006 appointment by former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg as a family court judge. Merchan has worked as an acting justice on the New York Supreme Court since 2009.

Merchan ruled against the Trump Organization earlier this year, finding the real estate conglomerate guilty of 17 charges related to a years-long tax evasion scheme under which the firm distributed various gifts and perks to executives. He imposed a $1.6 million fine, the legal maximum, against the company. (Read more from “What You Should Know About the New York Judge Assigned to Trump Case” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Donald Trump Pleads Not Guilty to 34 Counts of Falsifying Business Records in the First Degree; Former President Addresses the Nation From Mar-a-Lago

By Breitbart. Former President Donald Trump pleaded not guilty to 34 counts of falsifying business records in the first degree Tuesday afternoon during his historic arraignment.

Trump was arrested around 1:35 p.m. and appeared before the judge, who charged him with 34 counts of falsifying business records, at 2:45 p.m.

Trump pleaded not guilty to indictment No. 71543-23.

Per the judge’s orders, the media was not allowed to live stream the court proceedings. Photographers, however, were allowed to enter the courtroom to take photos before the proceedings began. The photographers captured images for a few minutes before they were seen leaving the courtroom. (Read more from “Donald Trump Pleads Not Guilty to 34 Counts of Falsifying Business Records in the First Degree” HERE)

_________________________________________________

Former President Addresses the Nation From Mar-a-Lago After Pleading Not Guilty

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

‘Harry Potter’ Star Daniel Radcliffe Promotes Gender Transitions for Children

Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe promoted gender transitions for children in a new video for the Trevor Project in which he sat down for a roundtable discussion on transgender and “non-binary” youth.

“We can trust kids to tell us who they are,” Radcliffe said.

In the video, Radcliffe spoke to a group of transgender teens and young adults — some of whom began transitioning as early as six years old. They discussed their experiences transitioning, why they think trans pronouns are “non-negotiable,” and their belief that children can choose their sex at any age.

“I don’t understand why I can’t just decide that I’m a girl,” said Dayley, a male-t0-female transgender. “If it’s a big decision to decide I’m a girl, it’s a big decision to decide I’m a boy. It’s the same thing. There’s no age. You don’t have to be 18 to decide that, ‘oh, I am who I am.’ ”

(Read more from “‘Harry Potter’ Star Daniel Radcliffe Promotes Gender Transitions for Children” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

James Comer ‘Concerned’ About Gov’t Doc Hunter Biden Sent Burisma Potentially From Joe Biden’s Classified Info

House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer (R-KY) said Monday he is “concerned” about a government document Hunter Biden sent Burisma officials that could have originated from the troves of classified information that President Joe Biden mishandled.

Speaking with Fox Business’s Maria Bartiromo, Comer raised concerns that the family’s “influence peddling” could be connected to Joe Biden’s mishandling of classified information.

“We don’t the know the true extent of what he [Joe Biden] has done,” Comer said. “All we know is he had classified documents scattered all over the place dating back to the time as U.S. senator.”

“There is one document in particular that I can tell you from my investigation of Biden family influence peddling that we are very concerned about with respect to the document that Hunter Biden sent to officials at Burisma in Ukraine,” Comer said.

“It was a government document. We are concerned that it may have been one of the classified documents,” he added. (Read more from “James Comer ‘Concerned’ About Gov’t Doc Hunter Biden Sent Burisma Potentially From Joe Biden’s Classified Info” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Trump Campaign Raised ‘Record’ $7M in Three Days Since Indictment: Adviser

Former President Donald Trump’s presidential campaign raised a “record” $7 million in the three days following his indictment, according to a campaign adviser.

Jason Miller, who serves as a senior adviser to Trump’s campaign, announced the apparent record shortly after Trump left for New York City. He will be arraigned in the city on Tuesday.

(Read more from “Trump Campaign Raised ‘Record’ $7M in Three Days Since Indictment: Adviser” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Bryan Kohberger May Have Known University of Idaho Victims in 2021: Ex-FBI Agent

Newly released court documents suggest police investigating the University of Idaho quadruple murder believe suspect Bryan Kohberger made contact with his victims on social media as far back as 2021, according to a former FBI agent.

Search warrants recently executed by Idaho authorities demanded TikTok and Google hand over the user history dating back to January 2021 of three of the four victims: Madison Mogen, 21, Kaylee Goncalves, 21, and Xana Kernodle, 20.

Police did not appear to ask for Ethan Chapin’s history, who along with the three young women, was stabbed to death in Moscow, Idaho last November.

Retired FBI agent Jennifer Coffindaffer said the warrants suggest police could be searching for a connection between Kohberger, 28, and his alleged victims that far pre-dates the murders.

“Interesting how far the [search warrants] went back in time? Why 1/2021? Did Bryan Kohberger somehow meet Kaylee or Maddie on a possible school visit early on?” she wrote on Twitter. (Read more from “Bryan Kohberger May Have Known University of Idaho Victims in 2021: Ex-FBI Agent” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Astonishing 77% Of American Youth Unqualified as Military Recruits

A whopping 77 percent of American youth in the optimal military recruitment age of 17 to 24 years old are disqualified due to being too fat, abusing drugs and/or alcohol, or for being in poor medical health, according to a resurfaced Defense Department study.

The stunning data was first reported in September 2022 but came from a 2020 Department of Defense, or DOD, “Qualified Military Available,” or QMA, study of youth ages 17-24 years old. The study was published by the DOD’s office of personnel and readiness.

The numbers represent a 6 percent increase in “disqualified” youth from the previous QMA assessment of data ending in 1997, which found that a whopping 71 percent of recruitment-aged youth were disqualified. . .

A further problem is that the Biden administration’s emphasis on “woke” policies in the military, such as supporting homosexual and “transgender” agendas, is alienating potential recruits within the smaller pool of those still qualified to serve.

The slide reports the following as the source of the data: the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or CDC’s, “National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey”; the Department of Health and Human Services, or HHS’s, “National Survey on Drug Use and Health”; a DOD Youth Poll; and the “Profile of American Youth 1997.” (Read more from “Astonishing 77% Of American Youth Unqualified as Military Recruits” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Woman Sues State for Rejecting Adoption Application Over Opposition to Child Gender Transition

Jessica Bates was driving to work in southeast Oregon when she heard a Christian radio broadcast that, she said, caused a “really strong nudge in my spirit.”

It was the story of a single dad who had adopted a child. Bates, a single mother of five, felt a calling from God to do the same. It was, she said, a four-word message: Those Are My Children. . .

But while Bates’s Christian faith is the reason she felt called to adopt in the first place, that same faith is the reason she is not being allowed to, according to a lawsuit filed Monday against leaders of Oregon’s Department of Human Services in federal court.

According to the lawsuit, state officials denied Bates’s application to adopt, not because of a lack of financial resources or any history of abuse or neglect, but because she acknowledged that her Christian faith informs her that gender and sex aren’t a choice. She was also denied because she said she would be unwilling to use pronouns that don’t align with a child’s sex or to take a child to an appointment to receive a cross-sex hormone treatments. (Read more from “Woman Sues State for Rejecting Adoption Application Over Opposition to Child Gender Transition” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

China Expert Predicts Where U.S. Will ‘See the Next War Start’

China is ready for war and America is ill-prepared for it, according to one foreign policy expert who also warned it could happen on U.S. soil.

“The one thing that we know is that China is making fast preparations for war now,” Gatestone Institute senior fellow and “The Great U.S.-China Tech War” author Gordon Chang said on “Mornings with Maria” Monday.

“Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, just about 24 hours ago said all of this was overheated rhetoric, the way he put it. But the point is, China is preparing to kill Americans and we’ve got to prepare to defend ourselves,” Chang continued. “And the Defense Department is making slow, really slow, molasses-slow preparations to oppose China.”

Chang’s comments were made just before an NBC News report revealed the Chinese spy balloon which traversed the continental U.S. earlier this year gathered sensitive information as it flew over American military sites, despite the White House’s efforts to block it, according to two senior officials and one former Biden administration official. . .

“The real risk here is at the Darién Gap,” the expert said referring to the peninsula which connects North to South America. “Michael Yon, a war correspondent, is saying that he is seeing [Chinese] males of military age who are unattached to family groups. Those, I believe, are saboteurs. And on the first day of a war in Asia, that will be fought on American soil as these saboteurs try to take down our grid, poison our water, detonate bombs in shopping centers.” (Read more from “China Expert Predicts Where U.S. Will ‘See the Next War Start'” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Obama-Appointed Judge Orders County to Replace Library Books With Controversial Transgender and Racial Content

A judge ordered officials of a Texas county to replace books that had been removed from libraries over controversial content related to transgender and racial issues.

The lawsuit against Llano County was filed in April by seven Llano County residents who opposed the removal of the books.

Among the 12 books removed were “Being Jazz: My Life as a (Transgender) Teen” by Jazz Jennings and “Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents” by Isabel Wilkerson.

The lawsuit claims that the actions by county officials constituted a violation of their First and 14th Amendment rights.

U.S. District Judge Robert Pitman ordered officials to return the books to libraries and online in digital format. (Read more from “Obama-Appointed Judge Orders County to Replace Library Books With Controversial Transgender and Racial Content” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.