Knives Out for DeSantis: Top Republicans Rage Over His Comments About Ukraine

The Republican Party establishment erupted in anger at Florida Governor Ron DeSantis after he told Tucker Carlson Ukraine is not a vital interest of the U.S. and the White House should be trying to broker peace instead of offering a “blank check.”

Carlson, the Fox News host, asked several prominent potential 2024 GOP presidential candidates a half-dozen questions, including one about their stance on Ukraine. In his 369-word answer on Ukraine, DeSantis wrote that a secure southern border, military readiness, energy independence, and countering the threat posed by the Chinese Communist Party are among the nation’s vital national interests, but becoming further entangled in a “territorial dispute” between Russia and Ukraine is not.

“The Biden administration’s virtual ‘blank check’ funding of this conflict for ‘as long as it takes,’ without any defined objectives or accountability, distracts from our country’s most pressing challenges,” DeSantis told Carlson. “Without question, peace should be the objective.”

DeSantis had previously criticized the Biden administration, which has pledged at least $113 billion in aid to Ukraine, for providing a “blank check” with little or no accountability for how the money is spent. But his expanded comments in the answer to Carlson put him at odds with GOP hawks, including potential 2024 rivals Nikki Haley, Chris Christie, and Liz Cheney, as well as Republican Senators Marco Rubio, of Florida; Lindsey Graham, of South Carolina; Thom Tillis, of North Carolina; and John Cornyn, of Texas. (Read more from “Knives Out for DeSantis: Top Republicans Rage Over His Comments About Ukraine” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Biden 2020 Campaign Had ‘Surreptitious Involvement’ in Russian Disinfo Hoax Surrounding Post’s Hunter Laptop Story: FEC Complaint

Joe Biden’s 2020 presidential campaign had “surreptitious involvement” in organizing a letter written by 51 former intelligence officials that falsely claimed the New York Post’s story about Hunter Biden’s laptop was Russian disinformation, according to a complaint filed with the Federal Election Commission on Wednesday.

The complaint, from lawyers for former President Donald Trump, asks the FEC to record the infamous “Dirty 51” letter as an “in-kind contribution” to Biden’s campaign because it allegedly was used to influence the outcome of the election.

The Oct. 19, 2020, letter was signed by 51 ex-spooks, including five former or acting CIA directors — John Brennan, Leon Panetta, Mike Hayden, John McLoughlin and Mike Morell — as well as James Clapper, the one-time director of national intelligence.

It was delivered to Politico five days after The Post ran its exposé, and three days before the final presidential debate of the election campaign, where Biden cited the letter to discredit evidence from the laptop showing he met his son’s overseas business partners while he was vice president.

“The speed with which this letter was written, and the number of Individual Respondents involved, points directly to the surreptitious involvement of the Biden Campaign in soliciting or organizing the drafters of the letter in a clear violation of [the Federal Election Campaign Act],” claims the FEC complaint to be filed this week by attorney Timothy Parlatore. (Read more from “Biden 2020 Campaign Had ‘Surreptitious Involvement’ in Russian Disinfo Hoax Surrounding Post’s Hunter Laptop Story: FEC Complaint” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Trump, Desantis, and Others Answer Ukraine Questionnaire From Tucker Carlson — Here’s What They Said (VIDEO)

By The Blaze. As the 2024 presidential election cycle gets underway, several Republican figures have responded to a questionnaire from Tucker Carlson on the issue of Ukraine. . .

Trump asserted that Russia would not have attacked Ukraine if he were still president.

“Start by telling Europe that they must pay at least equal to what the U.S. is paying to help Ukraine. They must also pay us, retroactively, the difference,” Trump said. “Next, tell Ukraine that there will be little more money coming from us, UNLESS RUSSIA CONTINUES TO PROSECUTE THE WAR. The President must meet with each side, then both sides together, and quickly work out a deal.” . . .

“While the U.S. has many vital national interests — securing our borders, addressing the crisis of readiness within our military, achieving energy security and independence, and checking the economic, cultural, and military power of the Chinese Communist Party — becoming further entangled in a territorial dispute between Ukraine and Russia is not one of them,” DeSantis said.

“The Biden administration’s virtual ‘blank check’ funding of this conflict for ‘as long as it takes,’ without any defined objectives or accountability, distracts from our country’s most pressing challenges,” the governor declared. “The U.S. should not provide assistance that could require the deployment of American troops or enable Ukraine to engage in offensive operations beyond its borders. F-16s and long-range missiles should therefore be off the table. These moves would risk explicitly drawing the United States into the conflict and drawing us closer to a hot war between the world’s two largest nuclear powers. That risk is unacceptable.” (Read more from “Trump, DeSantis, and Others Answer Ukraine Questionnaire From Tucker Carlson — Here’s What They Said” HERE)

__________________________________________________

Ron DeSantis Says Protecting Ukraine Is Not a Key U.S. Interest

By The New York Times. Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida has sharply broken with Republicans who are determined to defend Ukraine against Russia’s invasion, saying in a statement made public on Monday night that protecting the European nation’s borders is not a vital U.S. interest and that policymakers should instead focus attention at home.

The statement from Mr. DeSantis, who is seen as an all but declared presidential candidate for the 2024 campaign, puts him in line with the front-runner for the G.O.P. nomination, former President Donald J. Trump. . .

On Mr. Carlson’s show, Mr. DeSantis separated himself from Republicans who say the problem with Mr. Biden’s Ukraine policy is that he’s not doing enough. Mr. DeSantis made clear he thinks Mr. Biden is doing too much, without a clearly defined objective, and taking actions that risk provoking war between the U.S. and Russia.

Mr. Carlson is one of the most ardent opponents of U.S. involvement in Ukraine. He has called President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine a corrupt “antihero” and mocked him for dressing “like the manager of a strip club.” (Read more form “Ron DeSantis Says Protecting Ukraine Is Not a Key U.S. Interest” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Dove Soap Brand Slams Oscar-Winning Film ‘the Whale’ for Using a Fat Suit: ‘We Want Better Representation’

Soap and hygiene company Dove took a moral stand on Monday against Academy Award-winning film, “The Whale,” slamming it for starring an actor in a fat suit rather than featuring an obese actor.

The toiletry company blasted the film in response to a tweet from an obese Twitter user, who called out “The Whale’s” hair and make-up team after it took home the Oscar for their work in the movie.

The disgruntled tweeter claimed, “Our identity is not your costume,” a declaration Dove endorsed. In its own tweet, the soap brand mentioned the desire to see “better representation in Hollywood.”

“The Whale” prompted the response for starring Hollywood actor Brendan Fraser as the titular character, an extremely obese man whose addiction to eating has strained his relationships with his loved ones and made normal life for him functionally impossible.

For Fraser to play the obese character, he had to wear “extensive prosthetic make-up” as he described it to U.K. talk show host Graham Norton. (Read more from “Dove Soap Brand Slams Oscar-Winning Film ‘the Whale’ for Using a Fat Suit: ‘We Want Better Representation’” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

DeSantis Defends Ban on ‘Mutilation of Minors’ After Biden Rips Florida’s ‘Cruel’ Trans Policies

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis came out swinging after President Biden blasted Florida’s initiatives on transgender youth as “cruel” and “close to sinful.”

“It is not ‘sinful’ to prohibit the mutilation of minors,” the Republican governor said in a Tuesday tweet. “It is not acceptable for the federal government to mandate that procedures like sex change operations be allowed for kids.”

Mr. Biden took a shot at Florida’s recent initiatives on transgender youth in an interview Monday with “The Daily Show” guest host Kal Penn, an actor and former Obama White House staffer.

“Transgender kids is a really hard thing,” Mr. Biden said. “What’s going on in Florida is, as my mother would say, close to sinful. I mean, it’s just terrible what they’re doing.”

Mr. Biden did not specify a particular policy, but Florida’s boards of medicine and osteopathic medicine adopted rules last month banning minors from accessing gender-transition drugs and surgeries over the objections of Democrats and LGBTQ advocates. (Read more from “DeSantis Defends Ban on ‘Mutilation of Minors’ After Biden Rips Florida’s ‘Cruel’ Trans Policies” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

China, Russia Deploying Space Weapons to Attack U.S. Satellites, Forces Warns Space Force Chief

China’s military has deployed 347 satellites, including 35 launched in the past six months, to target U.S. forces in a future conflict, the commander of the Space Force told a Senate hearing on Tuesday.

Space Force Gen. B. Chance Saltzman said Russia is also testing and deploying orbital anti-satellite weapons, extensive cyber capabilities and land-based anti-satellite missiles, electronic jammers and lasers.

China’s more advanced space warfare weapons pose “the most immediate threat” to attacks in space, while less-capable Russian space assets also pose “an acute threat” of attacks or disruptions on U.S. satellites.

Both “are intent on targeting perceived U.S. vulnerabilities and eliminating American advantage in the space domain,” the four-star general told a Senate Armed Services subcommittee on strategic forces hearing Tuesday. “Both expect space to be key to future warfare by enabling long-range precision strikes. Both seek information superiority through disabling an adversary’s space communication and navigation systems.”

Gen. Saltzman said China has been aggressively building space weapons and technology to attack space systems and ground components. Beijing is aiming to become the world’s leading space power by 2045 as part of what Chinese officials have called a “space dream,” deploying lasers that can attack satellite sensors and electronic warfare jammers that can disable GPS satellites and communications satellites. (Read more from “China, Russia Deploying Space Weapons to Attack U.S. Satellites, Forces Warns Space Force Chief” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Biden Claims High School Gay Marriage ‘Epiphany’ Despite His Record

President Biden has said that he experienced an “epiphany” while in high school that led him to support gay marriage — but his voting record as a senator and remarks made over the following decades suggest otherwise. ​

Biden, 80, was asked during an interview Monday by ​”The Daily Show” host Kal Penn about his evolving views on same-sex marriage and how the federal government could protect LGBTQ Americans.

The president answered Penn: “I can remember exactly where my epiphany was” before launching into a story about his father dropping him off when he was a high school senior.

“I remember about to get out of the car and I look to my right and two well-dressed men in suits kissed each other. ​… And I’ll never forget it, I turned and looked at my dad and he said ‘Joey, it’s simple. They love each other​,’​” Biden recalled. . .

But before Biden signed the ​​Respect for Marriage Act​ last December and ​made comments in support of gay marriage in 2012 that prompted President Barack Obama to adopt the same position, he had a long track record of opposing legal recognition of same-sex couples. (Read more from “Biden Claims High School Gay Marriage ‘Epiphany’ Despite His Record” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

CNN Poll Has DeSantis Leading 2024 GOP Candidates

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) leads the hypothetical 2024 Republican primary pack in the latest CNN Poll, straying from the results of several other national surveys as speculation continues to mount over the popular governor’s political future.

The survey provided a list of potential Republican candidates, including former President Donald Trump and Nikki Haley, both of whom are running, as well as Gov. DeSantis, Vice President Mike Pence, former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, South Carolina Sen, Tim Scott, New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu, Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin, and former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson.

Among registered voters who plan to participate in the 2024 Republican presidential primary or caucus, DeSantis takes the edge, leading the pack with 39 percent support. Trump follows two points behind with 37 percent support. Notably, that is within that sample’s 4.2 percent margin of error.

No other potential candidate garnered double digits, as Haley came in third place with seven percent support, followed by Pence with six percent. Every other candidate saw two percent support or less:

(Read more from “CNN Poll Has DeSantis Leading 2024 GOP Candidates” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

James Comer: Treasury Reports Show Biden Family Made Millions from Chinese Company After 2016

The Biden family business received a $3 million wire transfer from a Chinese energy company and subsequent payments after President Joe Biden left the vice presidency in 2017, House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer (R-KY) announced upon receiving suspicious activity reports from the Treasury this week.

U.S. banks have flagged over 150 SARs from Hunter and James Biden that included “large” amounts of money flagged for further review. According to a 2020 Senate report, SARs “often contain evidence of potential criminal activities, such as money laundering and fraud.”

“According to bank documents we’ve already obtained, we know one company owned by a Biden associate received a $3 million dollar wire from a Chinese energy company two months after Joe Biden left the vice presidency,” Comer said in a statement. “Soon after, hundreds of thousands of dollars in payouts went to members of the Biden family.”

The Biden family had previously negotiated a deal with CEFC from which Joe Biden (Big Guy) would receive a ten percent equity stake in the joint venture with Hunter’s former business partner Tony Bobulinski. In 2017, Hunter earned a $1 million legal retainer from the company’s chairman, Ye Jianming. Hunter also received a large diamond from Ye worth an estimated $80,000 in February 2017. (Read more from “James Comer: Treasury Reports Show Biden Family Made Millions from Chinese Company After 2016” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Florida University Prevents White Student From Attending Mental Health Meeting Because of His Race

A Florida university has been accused of preventing a white student from attending a mental health meeting on campus last fall because of his race.

According to an exclusive report from Campus Reform, officials at the University of South Florida prevented Andrew Davis, a white male USF student, from attending one of the “Understanding Self and Others” meetings last October because it had been designated for BIPOC — or, black, indigenous, and people of color — students only.

On October 3, Davis emailed the USF Counseling Center to inquire about attending the BIPOC-only meeting since the other meetings conflicted with his schedule. “I am interested in attending a USO group meeting after completing the pre-group appointment but the only day/time that works for me is Wednesdays during the BIPOC students-only group,” Davis wrote. “I am not a BIPOC student but was wondering if I would still be able to attend?”

The Counseling Center replied that he could not. “Unfortunately, we do need to keep this space specific to BIPOC folks, as the topics that come up are going to be unique to those identities,” the reply email stated. “Hopefully, you’ll be able to catch another one either during Winter break and/or next semester.” (Read more from “Florida University Prevents White Student From Attending Mental Health Meeting Because of His Race” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.