Elon Musk Calls for Release of ‘QAnon Shaman’; Top Democrat on J6 Committee: We Actually Didn’t Review Any of the Surveillance Video

By Washington Times. Twitter CEO Elon Musk called for the release of Jan. 6 inmate Jacob Chansley, who was convicted and sentenced in November 2021 to a 41-month jail sentence for one felony count of obstruction of an official proceeding.

Best known as the fur- and horn-helmeted “QAnon Shaman,” Mr. Chansley was portrayed immediately after the attack on the U.S. Capitol as a dangerous figure who burst into the Senate chamber with his bullhorn.

“Free Jacob Chansley,” Mr. Musk quote-tweeted above a tweet of a resurfaced video of Mr. Chansley outside the capitol doors on Jan. 6, 2021. Mr. Chansley is telling protesters to listen to President Trump, who had tweeted that he wanted everyone to leave the Capitol grounds peacefully.

In a subsequent tweet, Mr. Musk said, “Chansley got 4 years in prison for a non-violent, police-escorted tour!?” He noted, “Dave Chapelle was violently assaulted on stage by a guy with a knife. That guy got a $3000 fine & no prison time.”

“Everybody go home. We made our points,” Mr. Chansley told the crowd through his bullhorn. He went on to read Mr. Trump’s tweet that implored the crowd to go home. (Read more from “Elon Musk Calls for Release of ‘QAnon Shaman’” HERE)

_________________________________________________

Top Democrat on J6 Committee: We Actually Didn’t Review Any of the Surveillance Video

By The Federalist. After Fox News host Tucker Carlson aired Capitol surveillance footage this week exposing yet more falsehood from the House Select Committee on Jan. 6 and leaving Democrats and their media allies irate, the committee chair on Wednesday said the panel never actually analyzed the crucial footage.

On Monday’s edition of “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” Fox News aired the footage of the riot on Jan. 6, 2021, undermining the select committee’s narrative of a “deadly insurrection.” Given access to the video by Republican House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, Carlson’s team reviewed over 40,000 hours of footage, which offered proof the committee manipulated audio and video to dramatize the riot for its made-for-TV hearings in an election year.

But in a Wednesday night statement to CNN, select committee Chairman Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., claimed the panel never analyzed the blockbuster footage Fox News aired this week.

“I’m not actually aware of any member of the committee who had access,” Thompson said. “We had a team of employees who kind of went through the video.”

Hiring investigators who “kind of went through the video” doesn’t sound like a very thorough investigation. (Read more from “Top Democrat on J6 Committee: We Actually Didn’t Review Any of the Surveillance Video” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Poll: Nearly Two-Thirds of Americans Believe FBI Has Become ‘Weaponized’ (VIDEO)

A new poll by Rasmussen Reports finds that nearly two-thirds of those polled believe the FBI has been “weaponized, starting from the top in Washington.”

Rasmussen said in a press release Friday: “Former FBI Special Agent Nicole Parker testified to a House subcommittee last month that the FBI has become ‘politically weaponized, starting from the top in Washington.’ Sixty-four percent of voters agree with that statement, including 44% who Strongly Agree that the FBI has been “politically weaponized. Thirty percent disagree, including 17% who Strongly Disagree.”

Half of those polled said they have a favorable impression of the FBI, while “45 percent now view the FBI unfavorably, including 24% who have a ‘very unfavorable’ impression of the bureau” — findings similar to what Rasmussen reported last October.

Nevertheless, Rasmussen’s head pollster Mark Mitchell said the poll’s results are “down incredibly” from 2020, when 60 percent of “likely voters” polled said they viewed the FBI favorably.

(Read more from “Poll: Nearly Two-Thirds of Americans Believe FBI Has Become ‘Weaponized’ (VIDEO)” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Biblical Drama Centering Around ‘Controversial’ Passage in Scripture Enjoys Crowdfunding Success

A biblical drama hitting theaters just in time for Easter is breaking records for its successful crowdfunding model.

“His Only Son,” releasing March 31, bills itself as a “Biblically accurate” and “authentic” film based on the story of Abraham and Isaac.

“This is the first time a theatrical release has been crowdfunded in entertainment history,” distributor of the film, Angel Studios, said. . .

Director David Helling revealed that it took five years to make the film on one of the most “controversial” passages in Scripture, the one in which God asks Abraham to sacrifice his son as a burnt offering.

Angel Studios, the distributor and platform that is also behind “The Chosen” series, said the newest biblical drama received a positive response from their tens of thousands of investors, who they call “angels.” (Read more from “Biblical Drama Centering Around ‘Controversial’ Passage in Scripture Enjoys Crowdfunding Success” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Pope Francis Suggests He’ll Review Catholic Church’s Vow of Celibacy for Priests

Pope Francis has hinted that he would review the Roman Catholic Church’s rule of priestly celibacy, describing it as an individual “discipline” rather than a “contradiction” to the church.

Francis, who previously opposed the idea that celibacy was an option for leaders of the church, appeared to make a U-turn during his latest interview with Argentine outlet Infobae in celebrating the 10-year anniversary of his election as pope.

“There is no contradiction for a priest to marry. Celibacy in the western Church is a temporary prescription,” Francis, 86, remarked. “It is not eternal like priestly ordination, which is forever, whether you like it or not. Whether you leave or not is another matter, but it is forever. On the other hand, celibacy is a discipline.”

Celibacy was made a requirement in the Catholic Church around the 11th century, following centuries of tradition for priests to embrace the practice along with vows of abstinence.

Despite the rule sparking conflict within the church for nearly 1,000 years, the Vatican has continually enforced the rules, including Francis’s predecessor, Benedict XVI. (Read more from “Pope Francis Suggests He’ll Review Catholic Church’s Vow of Celibacy for Priests” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Trickle-Down Economics: Bank Customers Will Pay For SVB Bailouts Through Higher Fees, Cuts in Services

Experts are warning that US bank customers will face a financial burden from a Biden administration-approved bailout of Silicon Valley Bank — despite assurances from President Biden that taxpayers won’t be responsible for the bill.

In an extraordinary move, the feds announced plans Sunday to use the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.’s Deposit Insurance Fund (DIF) to cover all deposits at the doomed SVB and another failed firm, Signature Bank in New York, with “no losses” incurred by taxpayers.

President Biden insisted that taxpayers wouldn’t be burdened in his Monday speech on the crisis.

However, if the banking crisis escalates and the DIF’s reserve runs dry, taxpayers would be on the hook for the difference, experts told The Post.

Even if it does not come to that, the FDIC-insured banks that fund the DIF through quarterly payments are likely to pass along their costs to customers. (Read more from “Trickle-Down Economics: Bank Customers Will Pay For SVB Bailouts Through Higher Fees, Cuts in Services” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

VIDEO: Trump and J6 Prison Choir Hit No. 1 on iTunes, Boot Miley Cyrus

. . .Donald Trump knocked pop star Miley Cyrus off the top of the iTunes chart over the weekend.

The former president’s duet with the J6 Prison Choir called “Justice for All” features Trump reciting the Pledge of Allegiance while his group of background singers — made up of people jailed for their involvement in the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot — sing the “Star-Spangled Banner.”

The collaboration was No. 1 on iTunes’ Top 100 list Saturday, booting Cyrus’s “Flowers” from the coveted spot.

The 2-minute and 20-second ditty remained No. 1 on Sunday.

Trump, 76, who announced in November he is running for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, touted “Justice for All” on his Truth Social platform Saturday after it climbed into the top spot. (Read more from “Trump and J6 Prison Choir Hit No. 1 on iTunes, Boot Miley Cyrus” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Dad Accused of Killing Sex Offender With Shovel, Moose Antler

A 27-year-old Minnesota man is accused of fatally beating an elderly sex offender to death on Wednesday, using a shovel and moose antler.

Officials charged Levi Axtell with second degree murder in the death of 77-year-old Lawrence Scully, who was killed inside his Grand Marais home, NBC Los Angeles reported Saturday.

The elderly victim was convicted of molesting a six-year-old girl in the late 1970s, according to Fox News.

Following the killing, the suspect went to the Cook County Sheriff’s Office where he told authorities what happened, all while he was covered in blood.

(Read more from “Dad Accused of Killing Sex Offender With Shovel, Moose Antler” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

McConnell Staffer Reveals Injury the Lawmaker Suffered Last Week

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky has been released from the hospital and will do physical therapy at an in-patient facility, the lawmaker’s communications director David Popp said in a statement on Monday.

Popp noted last week that McConnell had been hospitalized and was being treated for a concussion after tripping — but in the new statement on Monday, Popp noted that the Republican lawmaker had also suffered a rib fracture.

“Leader McConnell’s concussion recovery is proceeding well and the Leader was discharged from the hospital today. At the advice of his physician, the next step will be a period of physical therapy at an inpatient rehabilitation facility before he returns home,” Popp noted in the Monday statement. “Over the course of treatment this weekend, the Leader’s medical team discovered that he also suffered a minor rib fracture on Wednesday, for which he is also being treated.”

“The Leader and Secretary Chao are deeply thankful for the skilled medical care, prayers, and kindness they have received,” Popp added. (Read more from “McConnell Staffer Reveals Injury the Lawmaker Suffered Last Week” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Suspicions Arise That Wuhan Labs Double-Billed U.S. Government for Research

Suspicions have arisen that the U.S. government may have paid tens of millions of dollars in superfluous payments to labs in Wuhan, China.

The payments were ostensibly made through the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), CBS News reports.

“What I’ve found so far is evidence that points to double billing, potential theft of government funds. It is concerning, especially since it involves dangerous pathogens and risky research,” former federal investigator Diane Cutler, who examined 50,000 documents including U.S. government grants for high risk research in China.

Sen. Roger Marshall (R-KS), who hired Cutler to investigate, wants to crerate a 9/11 type commission to ascertain what actually happened. “I think there’s 1.1 million reasons that American taxpayers should care,” he said. “You’ll have a plane [crash]. We want to find out why the plane crashes. We go to any lengths to do that. And the hope is we don’t have another plane crash for the same reason.” (Read more from “Suspicions Arise That Wuhan Labs Double-Billed U.S. Government for Research” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Trump Has ‘No Plans’ to Testify in Grand Jury Investigation as Likelihood of Being Indicted Increases: Report

Former President Donald Trump has “no plans” to testify in the grand jury investigation into his involvement in the $130,000 hush payment made to former pornstar Stormy Daniels during the 2016 presidential election, according to his lawyer.

“We have no plans on participating in that proceeding,” Trump attorney Joe Tacopina told ABC News on Monday. “Decision needs to be made still. There’s been no deadline set, so we’ll wait and see.”

The criminal investigation into Trump’s payment to Daniels, who says that she had an affair with the former president, has lasted five years. The case involves a payment that former Trump attorney Michael Cohen, who pled guilty to felony charges related to the payment, made to Daniels during the presidential race.

The New York Times reported that Cohen is set to testify this week, describing the move as a “sign that prosecutors are poised to indict the former president for his role in paying hush money.” (Read more from “Trump Has ‘No Plans’ to Testify in Grand Jury Investigation as Likelihood of Being Indicted Increases: Report” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.