Posts

Hero Civilian Who Fired Back at In-N-Out Shooter Trained in Self Defense after Witnessing another Mass Shooting

By New York Post. The good Samaritan being hailed as a “hero” for firing upon Idaho In-N-Out gunman Chad Williams in the middle of his deadly drive-thru rampage had trained for such a moment for years after witnessing another mass shooting.

Jordan Salinas, 35, a healthcare worker and the full-time caregiver of his brother, who uses a wheelchair, had been horseback riding with his girlfriend the morning of the shooting when the couple pulled into the Twin Falls In-N-Out location for lunch and immediately noticed something amiss.

[Photo credit: Facebook]

A large crowd of people was rushing through the exit doors of the restaurant, which he assumed was due to a kitchen fire until he heard the unmistakable pop of gunfire.

Operating on pure instinct, Salinas sprinted toward the sound of the gunfire – a response he’d later refer to as “automatic” and “mechanical,” he told the Idaho Statesman.

He drew his FN Five-Seven – a semiautomatic pistol equipped with a suppressor – and engaged Williams using the military’s four-step “Observe, Orient, Decide Act” approach. (Read more from “Hero Civilian Who Fired Back at In-N-Out Shooter Trained in Self Defense after Witnessing another Mass Shooting” HERE)

______________________________________________________

California native among 3 killed in mass shooting at Idaho In-N-Out, family says

By ABC News 7. One of the victims killed in a shooting at an In-N-Out restaurant in Idaho over the weekend was from California, according to the New York Times.

Authorities in Twin Falls, Idaho are still working to find a motive behind the deadly shooting on Saturday. The 24-year-old shooter, identified as Chad Williams, died by a self-inflicted gunshot wound at the scene, according to police.

Three people were killed and seven others were injured when the gunman shot at the In-N-Out restaurant, which had just opened about a week before, drawing big crowds.

The New York Times identified Christopher Claunch, a California native, as one of the victims killed in the shooting. His sister lives in Rosamond, north of Lancaster.

His sister told the Times that Claunch worked at Renaissance Ranch Recovery Center in Rupert, Idaho. He had lived in the state for about 30 years. (Read more from “California native among 3 killed in mass shooting at Idaho In-N-Out, family says” HERE)

Photo credit: X Screenshot

State Attorney General Warns of Online ‘Sextortion’ Network that Targets Children

Idaho Attorney General Raúl Labrador is sounding the alarm on a dangerous and deeply disturbing criminal network known as 764, which is targeting children through widely used online platforms. In a move that puts public safety over political correctness, Labrador is urging parents to stay vigilant as the FBI warns of the group’s growing reach and disturbing tactics.

Labrador stated that the 764 network preys on children aged 9 to 17, coercing them into sharing explicit content or participating in self-harm, which is then used for blackmail and ongoing exploitation. The name “764” comes from a Texas ZIP code where the first cases were discovered in 2021. The Attorney General expressed concern over the network’s global reach and its calculated targeting of vulnerable children. He made it clear that his office is dedicated to deploying every possible resource to expose these criminals and protect families in Idaho.

“The tactics often lead to victims suffering in silence, as the perpetrators exploit feelings of fear, shame, and isolation to keep their victims from seeking help,” Labrador’s office said.

According to Labrador’s office, the criminals typically reach out to victims through widely used gaming and messaging platforms like Discord, Telegram, and Roblox. They prey on the victims’ fear and shame, making it harder for them to ask for help. The FBI is actively investigating more than 250 cases linked to this network across the U.S. They have also noted that those behind the 764 network use tactics such as swatting, doxxing, and other forms of harassment to force victims into complying with their demands. (Read more from “State Attorney General Warns of Online ‘Sextortion’ Network that Targets Children” HERE)

Idaho Legislature Widely Approves Child Sex Abuse Death Penalty Bill, Sending It to Governor

A bill to allow the death penalty for adults who sexually abuse children age 12 and younger in Idaho is headed to Idaho Gov. Brad Little for final consideration.

House Bill 380, cosponsored by Rep. Bruce Skaug, R-Nampa and House Assistant Majority Leader Josh Tanner, R-Eagle, would allow the death penalty in a new criminal charge the bill creates: Aggravated lewd conduct with children age 12 and younger.

The bill also would add mandatory minimum prison sentences for cases of aggravated lewd conduct with minors — which would only apply to abuse of children age 16 and below — that don’t meet the bill’s proposed criteria for death penalty eligibility.

The Idaho Legislature widely passed the bill this year. The Idaho Senate passed the bill Monday on a 30-5 vote, with opposition from three Senate Democrats and two Senate Republicans. Last week, the Idaho House unanimously passed the bill, with 63 votes in favor and seven lawmakers absent.

When the bill is transmitted to Gov. Brad Little, he has five days, excluding Sundays, to decide on it. He has three options: sign it into law, allow it to become law without his signature, or veto it. (Read more from “Idaho Legislature Widely Approves Child Sex Abuse Death Penalty Bill, Sending It to Governor” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Trump Department Of Justice Ends Biden-Era Lawfare Targeting Idaho’s Pro-Life Protections

President Donald Trump’s Department of Justice is dismissing a lawsuit the Biden administration brought against Idaho in an attempt to force its abortion activism on the pro-life state, court filings reveal.

The DOJ’s decision to drop the lawfare should have opened the door for the Gem State to enforce its August 2022 Defense of Life Act. Idaho’s largest hospital system, however, filed a separate suit against the state after repeatedly claiming that it had to airlift women out of state to get emergency abortions. Despite previously failing to provide proof for that claim, St. Luke’s Health System was handed a temporary restraining order by U.S. District Judge B. Lynn Winmill, a President Bill Clinton nominee, one day before the Trump DOJ acted.

The Ronald Reagan administration enacted the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA) in 1986 to stop hospitals from turning away patients based on their inability to pay for their expenses. The law requires adequate treatment for an “unborn child” but also explicitly does “not preempt any State or local law requirement, except to the extent that the requirement directly conflicts with” EMTALA.

President Joe Biden’s regime, however, expanded EMTALA in the wake of the Supreme Court’s Dobbs v. Jackson ruling to include abortion as a “stabilizing” procedure in certain cases “irrespective of any state laws or mandates that apply to specific procedures.” The Democrat administration then used its redefinition to target Idaho over its lifesaving law, which prohibits abortion except in cases of rape or incest, or if a physician deems it necessary to save the mother’s life.

The U.S. Supreme Court had a chance in June of last year to shut down the Biden administration’s abortion activism. Even though U.S. Solicitor General Elizabeth Prelogar struggled during arguments to explain why a federal law that promotes preserving the health of a mother and her “unborn child” in medical emergencies should require Idaho hospitals to perform abortions outside of the exceptions outlined in its state law, the high bench instead ruled 6-3 to toss the case back to the leftist San Francisco-based Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. (Read more from “Trump Department Of Justice Ends Biden-Era Lawfare Targeting Idaho’s Pro-Life Protections” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Bar Offers Free Booze For ‘Heterosexual Awesomeness Month’

An Idaho bar has ignited a heated debate after announcing the celebration of “Heterosexual Awesomeness Month” in place of LGBTQ Pride Month. Old State Saloon in Eagle, Idaho, made the announcement on Facebook, inviting patrons to join a month-long festivity with special promotions for heterosexual individuals.

“Come join us all month to celebrate heterosexuals, for without them, none of us would be here!” the bar posted. As part of the celebration, the bar introduced themed days with various incentives. On “Hetero Male Mondays,” any heterosexual male dressed in stereotypically heterosexual attire will receive a free beer. The bar is even seeking a “professional” judge to verify the attire, offering $15 per hour plus free beer.

Wednesdays will be “Heterosexual Couple’s Night,” with couples receiving a 15% discount on their bills. Thursdays are designated “Her Hetero Happy Hour,” where straight women can enjoy happy-hour prices all day.

However, some users supported the bar’s initiative. One person commented, “Thank you for taking a stand for the rest of the community who has been too scared to do the right thing.” Another supporter added, “I love that you have the balls to do a Hetero Male Monday party.”

In response to the backlash, Old State Saloon posted a follow-up message emphasizing their inclusive policy and defending their right to celebrate heterosexuality. The bar stated, “We love our LGBTQ+ patrons! We will not be changing our mind and give into the group of those who are responding with vitriol. We love our Black patrons too. We love our White patrons. We love our patrons who work for USPS. But we aren’t doing special nights for those people. Nor are we doing special nights for LGBTQ+.”

The post continued, “We are choosing to celebrate heterosexuals. We should be able to do that without so many people being so nasty to us, lying about us, canceling us, attacking our business, and/or trying to get us to make something about themselves. If you want us to change who we are celebrating, get over it. It’s not happening. Hooray for heterosexuals!”

Oregon Sees 13th County Vote to Secede, Join Idaho as ‘Greater Idaho’ Gains Steam

Another rural county has voted to break off from blue-state Oregon and join its red-state neighbor by reconfiguring the state border, the latest victory for the grassroots movement called Greater Idaho.

Crook County voters approved by 53-47% the Greater Idaho resolution asking if they want to enter into negotiations to relocate the border, according to unofficial results from Tuesday’s election.

The vote made Crook the thirteenth county to approve the measure, a proposal rooted in frustration with the Democrat-controlled Legislature dominated by Portland and coastal lawmakers with little knowledge or appreciation of the priorities of eastern residents.

Mike McCaw, Greater Idaho executive director, said the “voters of eastern Oregon have spoken loudly and clearly about their desire to see border talks move forward.”

“With this latest result in Crook County, there’s no excuse left for the Legislature and governor to continue to ignore the people’s wishes,” he said. “We call on the governor, speaker of the House, and Senate president to sit down with us and discuss next steps toward changing governance for eastern Oregonians, as well as for the Legislature to begin holding hearings on what a potential border change will look like.”

(Read more from “Oregon Sees 13th County Vote to Secede, Join Idaho as ‘Greater Idaho’ Gains Steam” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

U.S. Supreme Court: State Can Enforce Ban on Sex Changes for Children

The United States Supreme Court awarded Idaho emergency relief that will allow the state to enforce its ban on doctors performing sex-change operations on children and providing them with sex-change drugs.

In a 6-3 decision on Monday, the Supreme Court ruled that the lower appellate court had gone too far when it blocked Idaho from enforcing the law altogether. The decision, however, does not settle the question of whether the law is constitutional.

The lower court had blocked the state from enforcing any part of the law in response to a lawsuit that challenged the constitutionality of the rules. The lawsuit is still ongoing, but the order had been preventing the law from going into effect while both sides litigated the constitutionality of the law in court.

Per the Supreme Court’s decision, Idaho can broadly enforce the law and is only blocked from enforcing it against the plaintiffs who are named in the lawsuit until the litigation is settled.

Idaho Attorney General Raúl Labrador, a Republican, praised the Supreme Court’s decision in a statement Monday. (Read more from “U.S. Supreme Court: State Can Enforce Ban on Sex Changes for Children” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Judge Claims Parents Have Right to Allow Children to Get Sex Change Procedures

An Idaho district judge blocked a law on Tuesday that protects minors from taking sex change drugs and undergoing sex-mutilating procedures.

Boise U.S. District Judge B. Lynn Winmill issued a preliminary injunction blocking House Bill 71, which was signed into law in April of 2023 and was set to go into effect in January of 2024. Winmill, a Clinton appointee, claimed in his order that parents have the right to allow their children to undergo sex change procedures and take sex change hormones under the Equal Protection and Due Process clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

“Transgender children should receive equal treatment under the law. Parents should have the right to make the most fundamental decisions about how to care for their children. As it turns out, case law applying the Fourteenth Amendment tracks with our intuition. Time and again, these cases illustrate that the Fourteenth Amendment’s primary role is to protect disfavored minorities and preserve our fundamental rights from legislative overreach,” Winmill wrote.

“That was true for newly freed slaves following the civil war. It was true in the 20th Century for women, people of color, inter-racial couples, and individuals seeking access to contraception. And it is no less true for transgender children and their parents in the 21st Century,” he continued. (Read more from “Judge Claims Parents Have Right to Allow Children to Get Sex Change Procedures” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Mother, Son Charged With Kidnapping Over Minor’s Out-of-State Abortion

An 18-year-old man and his mother have been arrested after police said he raped a 15-year-old girl and took her across state lines for an abortion.

According to the Idaho State Journal, Kadyn Leo Swainston, 18, and his mother, Rachael Swainston, of Pocatello, were each charged with several felony crimes following an investigation that began in June.

ISJ noted that Kadyn Swainston has been charged with rape, second-degree kidnapping and three counts of producing child sexually exploitative material. Rachael Swainston has been charged with second-degree kidnapping, trafficking in methamphetamine, two counts of possession of a controlled substance – one each for possessing fentanyl and psychedelic mushrooms — and one count of harboring a wanted felon.

Reportedly, the investigation started in June when the 15-year-old girl’s mother contacted authorities to report that her child had been raped. Additionally, the mother claimed that her child was taken to Bend, Oregon for an abortion without her permission. (Read more from “Mother, Son Charged With Kidnapping Over Minor’s Out-of-State Abortion” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Bryan Kohberger Could Face Firing Squad If Convicted of Idaho Students’ Murder

Bryan Kohberger could face a firing squad if convicted of killing four college students in Idaho.

Kohberger, 28, a criminal-justice doctoral student, has been charged in the Nov. 13 stabbing deaths of University of Idaho students Kaylee Goncalves, 21, Madison Mogen, 21, Ethan Chapin, 20 and Xana Kernodle, 20.

Prosecutors have not said whether they plan to pursue the death penalty against Kohberger if he is convicted, but it is certainly possible considering the heinous crime.

Enter GOP state lawmaker Rep. Bruce Skaug.

Skaug, chairman of the state House Judiciary, Rules and Administration Committee, last week introduced a bill that would bring back the firing squad as a legal form of execution in Idaho, according to the East Idaho News. (Read more from “Bryan Kohberger Could Face Firing Squad If Convicted of Idaho Students’ Murder” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.