Posts

Wasserman Schultz Aide in Pakistan Still Liquidating Assets in U.S.

Imran Awan, a congressional aide arrested by the FBI after wiring $300,000 to Pakistan and misrepresenting the purpose, had previously wired money to the Muslim country and was frantically liquidating multiple real estate properties on the day he was arrested, The Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group has learned.

Imran’s real estate properties provide a source of money that could be sent directly to Pakistan when two upcoming home sales close. Prosecutors have since filed paperwork saying they fear “the dissipation of the proceeds of the fraud and destruction of evidence in other locations.”

Imran was arrested July 24 — four months after the FBI says his wife Hina Alvi moved to Pakistan after learning the family was the subject of a criminal investigation into their work as IT administrators for House Democrats. On the day of Imran’s arrest, the couple accepted a buyer for one house owned by Hina with an asking price of $618,000 (Hawkshead Dr.) and listed another property for sale at $200,000 (Pembrook Village), real estate records show.

On June 20, a third house his wife owned was “sold” to his brother-in-law for $360,000 (Sprayer St.). In November 2016, a fourth home his wife owned was “sold” to his brother Jamal for $620,000 (Linnett Hill Dr.). In both cases, the bank financed nearly all of the purchase. (Read more from “Wasserman Schultz Aide in Pakistan Still Liquidating Assets in U.S.” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

D.C. Scrubs ‘ISIS Genocide Against Christians’

The Obama administration repeatedly fudged on the issue of Islam.

Barack Obama himself said Muslims were a key to the founding of the nation and after all, the U.S. wasn’t a Christian nation . . .

Now, a report is confirming that those left in the government, and there are many, from Obama’s tenure are busy trying to erase the references to ISIS’ “genocide” of Christians in the Middle East.

“In a startling revelation, news is breaking this week that Obama holdovers within the State Department are actively attempting to scrub its records to remove any mention of the ISIS genocide against Christians,” the [American Center for Law and Justice] reported.

“This is outrageous and the ACLJ has had enough, so we are preparing a new set of Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests to find out why – and to expose deep state operatives who would use the delay of confirming new State Department officials as cover to strip legal protections from Christians facing genocide.” (Read more from “D.C. Scrubs ‘ISIS Genocide Against Christians'” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Calls for U.S. Imam’s Arrest Following Brazen Anti-Semitic Sermon

A chorus of evangelical leaders, Jewish groups and national security experts are calling for the arrest of an imam for inciting violence against Jews during a July 21 sermon he delivered at his mosque in northern California.

In a sermon last Friday, the Egyptian-born imam Ammar Shahin of the Islamic Center of Davis, or ICD, cited an anti-Semitic hadith, prayed for annihilation of the Jews, then called for liberating al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem “from their filth.”

A pro-Israel, evangelical Christian leader issued a statement Wednesday calling upon the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to immediately shut down the ICD and arrest its imam, Ammar Shahin, after a video of a sermon given by Shahin surfaced on YouTube.

In the video, initially presented by Middle East Media Research Institute, Shahin is seen praying for death to Jews everywhere:

Laurie Cardoza-Moore, an evangelical Christian who is president of the pro-Israel group Proclaiming Justice to the Nations, said Shahin is “a ticking time-bomb that should not be permitted to hide behind a veil of so-called religious freedom to promote genocide against Jews.” (Read more from “Calls for U.S. Imam’s Arrest Following Brazen Anti-Semitic Sermon” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Actress Pleads for Ban on Mutilation of Girls

When the news broke in April that federal investigators in Detroit had arrested two doctors in the nation’s first case of female genital mutilation, it was widely reported in the local and national media that the cases were part of a “tiny sect” of Islam . . .

While American feminists have been largely silent about the atrocity of female genital mutilation, stressing the need for “cultural sensitivity,” the cause of banning the procedure in all 50 states has gained a new high-profile ally in Kelly Carlson, a Hollywood actress with family ties to Maine.

Carlson, who is best known for her role as Kimber Henry on the FX drama series “Nip/Tuck,” pulls no punches in championing the cause against FGM, calling out the American Civil Liberties Union for its support of the practice.

Carlson pointedly takes on the ACLU, which has made various excuses for legislators’ inaction in Minnesota and Maine.

One such excuse is that there is no need for a state-level prohibition of FGM, given that it is already a crime under federal statute. In fact, in testimony earlier this year on behalf of the Maine Prosecutors Association, Kennebec and Somerset Counties District Attorney Maeghan Maloney argued strongly that she and her colleagues need lawmakers in Augusta to adopt a state law criminalizing female genital mutilation. (Read more from “Actress Pleads for Ban on Mutilation of Girls” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Pro-Rape Books at U.K.’s 1st State-Funded Muslim School

England’s first state-funded Muslim secondary schools – that segregated boys and girls and had books promoting domestic violence and marital rape – is to be taken over by the Government.

The Al-Hijrah School in Birmingham, which became state-funded in 2001, was put into special measures last summer after the pro-rape texts were found in the institution’s library and a child died from an allergic reaction.

In a report published in May, the inspector Ofsted also identified bullying, said the playground was chaotic, teaching was poor, pupils were not safe and some staff did not know what to do in medical emergencies. The school was given an “inadequate” judgment, the lowest ranking.

The damning report also criticised the school’s policy of segregating boys and girls, sparking a lengthy legal battle, which is still ongoing. The school attempted to suppress the report’s findings with funding from Birmingham city council.

The appeal court judges were asked last week to make a definitive ruling in the case. If Ofsted wins, up to 20 faith schools that teach boys and girls separately will be reinspected and may have to change their arrangements. (Read more from “Pro-Rape Books at U.K.’s 1st State-Funded Muslim School” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Christian Slapped With $12,000 ‘Shariah Fine’ for Not Removing Shoes

. . .John Alabi, 53, is a Christian and a landlord who lives in the Toronto area and is being ordered to pay a fine of $12,000 by the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal because he failed to remove his shoes when he entered the apartment he was renting to a Muslim couple.

His crime? Religious discrimination, according to the tribunal.

The tenants were planning to move out of his rental home, and he says he gave the couple the required 24-hours notice that he would be showing the apartment to another tenant.

They told him not to come while they were praying, and to text first. He agreed. But when they stopped answering his text messages, he showed the apartment.

The Muslim tenants waited eight months before filing their grievance with the human rights tribunal, where they receive free representation, the Toronto Sun reported. The couple even searched his Facebook page and found a joke they considered offensive and used to bolster their case. The tribunal agreed he harassed them and failed in his duty to accommodate their religious needs – and awarded them $6,000 each – plus interest. (Read more from “Christian Slapped With $12,000 ‘Shariah Fine’ for Not Removing Shoes” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Muslim Activist: Trump Supporters ‘I Am You Worst Nightmare’

Muslim activist Linda Sarsour is lashing out at her critics in the conservative media for reporting on her recent speech before the Islamic Society of North America.

She says her call for “jihad” against the Trump administration was taken out of context by “Islamophobes” and “white supremacists.”

As a powerful Muslim woman who wears a hijab, “Islamophobes are attacking me because I’m their worst nightmare,” Sarsour, co-organizer of the Woman’s March on Washington, wrote in a stinging op-ed Sunday for the Washington Post.

Sarsour told her Muslim audience at the July 1-3 ISNA convention that they should remain constantly in a state of “rage” against Trump. She encouraged them not to assimilate into American society and said she hoped Allah would find their resistance against Trump as an acceptable form of jihad.

“I hope, that when we stand up to those who oppress our communities, that Allah accepts from us that as a form of jihad,” Sarsour said. “That we are struggling against tyrants and rulers, not only abroad in the Middle East or on the other side of the world, but here in these United States of America. (Read more from “Muslim Activist: Trump Supporters ‘I Am You Worst Nightmare'” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

‘Bloodiest Ramadan in Recent History’

Ramadan, the month of fasting that forms one of the five “pillars” of Islam, in recent years frequently drew mention from President Obama.

Attacks and threats against Muslims have been reported during the most recent holiday, including a threat of violence at a Manhattan mosque, an assault of a woman on a Boston train, pellet gun vandalism at a New York mosque, hateful phone calls at Denver mosques and harassment of girls wearing hijabs in Chicago.

The Christian ministry Barnabas Fund, however, highlighted another statistic.

It noted 1,629 people were killed by Muslims during their holy month this year.

“On 26 May, just as Ramadan was about to start, jihadists attacked buses carrying Egyptian Christians to a monastery, killing 29 – some of them young children,” the worldwide ministry to persecuted Christians reported. (Read more from “‘Bloodiest Ramadan in Recent History'” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Muslims Offended at Hearing Bible Verses, so Christians Prosecuted

After Muslims had a violent reaction as two street preachers cited quotes from the Bible, the preachers were brought to court by prosecutors in the United Kingdom – and now they’ve both been cleared of charges.

However, a British Christian organization warns the message the prosecutors sent throughout the dispute is alarming: Submit to Islam’s Shariah law, and the government will “enforce the Islamist agenda of prohibiting any criticism of Islam.”

According the international Christian ministry Barnabas Fund, street preachers Michael Stockwell and Michael Overd were convicted in a lower court but then found not guilty of inciting public disorder at Bristol Crown Court.

The lower-court decision, from Bristol Magistrates Court, founded them guilty of an offense under the Crime and Disorder Act, and although the appeals court cleared them, the message left by the prosecution is concerning, the Christian organization explained.

The two were confronted and badgered by passersby while they were preaching and citing quotations from the King James Bible, the group said. (Read more from “Muslims Offended at Hearing Bible Verses, so Christians Prosecuted” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Linda Sarsour Says Muslims Should Wage a Form of ‘Jihad’ Against Trump

Linda Sarsour, a Palestinian-American activist who has expressed support for terrorists, recently called on Muslims to wage a form of “jihad” against the Trump administration.

Speaking at the 54th annual convention of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) last week, Sarsour said that she was not advocating for a violent form of jihad.

“A word of truth in front of a tyrant ruler or leader, that is the best form of jihad,” she said, quoting the Islamic prophet Muhammad.

“I hope, that when we stand up to those who oppress our communities, that Allah accepts from us that as a form of jihad, that we are struggling against tyrants and rulers not only abroad in the Middle East or the other side of the world, but here in these United States of America where you have fascists and white supremacists and Islamophobes reining in the White House,” said Sarsour, who was named a “Champion of Change” by the Obama administration in 2012. (Read more from “Linda Sarsour Says Muslims Should Wage a Form of ‘Jihad’ Against Trump” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.