Posts

Betrayal Complete: Mike Johnson Teams With Dems, Violates House Rule to Pass $61B Ukraine Aid

Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) delivered President Joe Biden a $61 billion gift on Saturday afternoon, reversing his months-long pledge to never advance foreign aid without first securing America’s border.

Multiple Democrats — and possibly a few Republicans — cheered; shouted, “Ukraine;” and waived Ukrainian flags as the Ukraine aid vote closed.

“It is in violation of decorum to waive flags on the floor,” Johnson scored Democrats.

The Ukraine portion of the foreign aid passed 311 to 112. One representative, Republican Dan Mauser (R-PA), voted present.

Johnson, once again, violated the Hastert Rule. Only 101 Republicans voted with Johnson, while 112 — a clear majority — opposed. (Read more from “Betrayal Complete: Mike Johnson Teams With Dems, Violates House Rule to Pass $61B Ukraine Aid” HERE)

Senator Sullivan Slams Biden for ‘Despicable’ Action He Took in Alaska

Sen. Dan Sullivan (R-AK) slammed President Joe Biden over the weekend for taking action to restrict energy exploration and mining in his state while not enforcing sanctions against some of America’s top adversaries.

Sullivan made the remarks during a Sunday CBS News interview with Margaret Brennan on “Face the Nation.”

“I know you’re also passionate about this and what the Biden administration just announced about your state of Alaska,” Brennan said. “He has limited oil and gas drilling in parts in the National Petroleum Reserve to protect polar bears and other things. And then he also blocked a road crucial to operating a copper and zinc mine.”

“You said this is ‘suicidal’ and ‘lawless,’” Brennan noted. “Those are strong words.”

Sullivan responded: “Well, it’s lawless. He doesn’t have the authority to do it. And I could go into all the laws that support me on that. It’s, as I say, national security suicide. Look, this president won’t sanction the Iranian oil and gas regime. You may have seen Senator Blumenthal and I put a – sent a letter to the president on Friday, saying you need to do that.” (Read more from “Senator Sullivan Slams Biden for ‘Despicable’ Action He Took in Alaska” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Who Is the Self-Described ‘Investigative Researcher’ Max Azzarello Who Set Self on Fire Outside Trump Trial After Spewing Conspiracy Theories

By New York Post. The Florida man who lit himself on fire outside the Manhattan courthouse where former President Donald Trump’s hush money trial was unfolding Friday is a self-described “investigative researcher” who appeared to become more erratic over the last year and spewed conspiracy theories about the “elites” in a lengthy manifesto.

Max Azzarello, 37, of St. Augustine, Fla., tossed a stack of pamphlets into the air, which included links to a Substack newsletter apparently authored by the self-immolator called “The Ponzi Papers” moments before he doused himself in gasoline and set himself ablaze in Collect Pond Park.

At the top of the site is an article with the headline “I have set myself on fire outside of the Trump Trial,” followed by a rambling manifesto riddled with conspiracy theories on everything from cryptocurrency and Hollywood actors to COVID and former President Bill Clinton.

“My name is Max Azzarello, and I am an investigative researcher who has set himself on fire outside of the Trump trial in Manhattan,” the nearly 2,700-word posting begins.

“This extreme act of protest is to draw attention to an urgent and important discovery: We are victims of a totalitarian con, and our own government (along with many of their allies) is about to hit us with an apocalyptic fascist world coup.” (Read more from “Who Is the Self-Described ‘Investigative Researcher’ Max Azzarello Who Set Self on Fire Outside Trump Trial After Spewing Conspiracy Theories” HERE)

___________________________________________________________

Man Who Set Himself On Fire Outside Trump’s Trial Reveals Shocking Motive In His Political Manifesto

By Yahoo News. A man set himself on fire outside the Manhattan courthouse where former President Donald Trump’s trial took place today, citing political motives in a manifesto. . .

Identified as Max Azzarello, he allegedly maintains a Substack page titled “The Ponzi Papers,” with his latest entry titled: “I have set myself on fire outside the Trump Trial.”

In the opening lines, Azzarello declares his extreme act as a means to spotlight a pressing revelation, writing: “My name is Max Azzarello, and I am an investigative researcher who has set himself on fire outside of the Trump trial in Manhattan. This extreme act of protest is to draw attention to an urgent and important discovery.”

He continued, boldly asserting: “We are victims of a totalitarian con, and our government (along with many of their allies) is about to hit us with an apocalyptic fascist world coup.”

The manifesto includes references to a complex conspiracy involving cryptocurrencies and governmental collusion, echoing themes from Azzarello’s recent social media activity. (Read more from “Man Who Set Himself On Fire Outside Trump’s Trial Reveals Shocking Motive In His Political Manifesto” HERE)

Biden Administration to Withdraw U.S. Forces from Niger

President Joe Biden’s administration faced a setback on the global stage this week as reports emerged indicating the United States is preparing to withdraw its forces from Niger and abandon key military bases in the region.

The decision to pull out approximately a thousand American troops from Niger marks a significant shift in U.S. counterterrorism efforts and security policy in the politically volatile Sahel region of Africa. Stretching across the northern central part of the continent, the Sahel encompasses a vast expanse of territory, including countries such as Senegal, Gambia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, and others. It is known for its instability and serves as a breeding ground for various major Islamic terrorist groups, including ISIS and Al-Qaeda.

According to The New York Times, the Biden administration has opted to withdraw troops in the wake of Niger’s democratically elected government being ousted by its own military. This development underscores broader trends in the region, with countries increasingly turning away from Western alliances and forging closer ties with other global powers.

Niger’s pivot towards Russia has been particularly notable, with the country receiving military support and personnel from Moscow’s paramilitary forces. Furthermore, there are indications that Niger is exploring potential agreements with Iran regarding its uranium reserves, while also deepening economic cooperation with China.

For the United States, Niger held strategic importance due to its geographic location, which facilitated critical counterterrorism operations in the region.

Photo credit: Flickr

Joe Biden Claims His Uncle Was ‘Shot Down’ Where There Were Cannibals: ‘Never Recovered His Body’ (VIDEO)

President Joe Biden told reporters on Wednesday that his uncle, Ambrose J. Finnegan, was “shot down in an area where there were a lot of cannibals,” and authorities “never found his body.”

Biden “misstated key details about his uncle’s death,” the Associated Press reported. Finnegan died on May 14, 1944, according to the Pentagon’s Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency. Finnegan was a passenger on an Army Air Forces plane that he ditched “for unknown reasons” in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of New Guinea, the agency reported.

On the tarmac, while traveling to a campaign stop in Scranton, Pennsylvania, Biden told a story about his uncle, alleging his Air Force plane was “shot down” during a “reconnaissance flight over New Guinea” during World War II. . .

“Ambrose Finnegan — we called him Uncle Bosie — he was shot down. He was in the Army Air Corps before there was an Air Force, flew single-engine airplanes, reconnaissance flights over New Guinea,” Biden continued.

“[He] got shot down in an area where there were a lot of cannibals at the time. They never recovered his body,” Biden said. “But the government went back when I was down there, and they checked and found parts of the plane and the like.” (Read more from “Joe Biden Claims His Uncle Was ‘Shot Down’ Where There Were Cannibals: ‘Never Recovered His Body’” HERE)

Anti-Trump Groups Are Quietly Planning for a Deepfake Election Crisis

Dozens of prominent U.S. and state government officials, advocacy groups, and executives from big tech companies gathered in New York last month to participate in an important simulated election exercise.

The war game exercise imagined a fictional crisis in which AI-generated photos and videos are released on social media immediately before the 2024 election. The images appear to show election officials in Florida dumping ballots, in an apparent attempt to manipulate the election’s outcome.

The simulation also included phone calls to elderly voters in Arizona that featured AI-generated voices. The calls asked elderly voters to stay away from polling centers due to threats from radical militia groups.

Participants role-played how the Biden administration should respond to the simulated deepfake event. They gathered in a mock “White House Situation Room,” with each player taking on the role of a prominent figure in government, civil society, or corporate America, including the Department of Homeland Security, FBI, big tech companies, and even the CIA.

Participants engaged in lengthy debates about how government should address the problem, including whether Joe Biden should personally get involved, one of the “big debates in the room,” according to a report by NBC News. Participants were apparently concerned that if Biden made any statements, it would be used as proof that he was attempting to rig the election in his favor. (Read more from “Anti-Trump Groups Are Quietly Planning for a Deepfake Election Crisis” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

First 6 Jurors Chosen in Trump Hush Money Trial Following Questioning About Anti-Trump Social Media Posts

The process of selecting jurors for former President Donald Trump’s hush money trial commenced on Tuesday afternoon, resulting in the selection of the initial six jurors from a pool of 96 potential candidates.

Monday saw over 50 potential jurors disqualified after expressing an inability to remain impartial. However, some remaining candidates faced scrutiny due to their past social media activity, which included negative remarks about Trump.

For instance, one prospective juror had shared a post on social media predicting “Republicans projected to pick up 70 seats in prison,” alongside expressing concerns about her ability to be fair. Despite being retained until Tuesday, she was not among the six selected jurors.

Similarly, another candidate had recently shared a parody video featuring Trump, titled “I’m dumb as f-ck,” generated by artificial intelligence, leading to their dismissal from consideration. Another individual disclosed involvement in a political action committee supporting grassroots organizations but admitted to holding critical views of Trump.

Another potential juror’s social media activity included posts celebrating legal setbacks for Trump and advocating for his imprisonment. Despite retracting his stance during questioning, his past statements drew attention, with Trump reportedly reacting with a smirk.

Further proceedings will involve the selection of an additional six jurors and six alternates in the coming days.

__________________________________________________

Trump Hush Money Trial Enters Day Two as Jury Selection Continues

By Fox News. . .The jurors include two lawyers, an IT worker, an English teacher, an oncology nurse, a sales professional, and a software engineer.

The jurors are picked by process of elimination in a system that will repeat until a full jury is selected: Eighteen prospective jurors are brought to the jury box and then lawyers move to have certain prospective jurors eliminated “for cause.”

They then eliminate some with peremptory challenges, which don’t require a reason. . .

Former President Trump said the criminal trial is having a “reverse effect,” during a campaign visit Tuesday evening to an Upper Manhattan bodega, while vowing to “straighten out New York” by working with the Democrat mayor and governor if elected to another term in the White House.

Trump visited an Upper Manhattan bodega Tuesday evening after spending hours in downtown New York City courtroom for the second day of his criminal trial stemming from charges brought against him by Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg. (Read more from “Trump Hush Money Trial Enters Day Two as Jury Selection Continues” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

How States Are Punching Back on Biden’s Federal Election Takeover

During a conference call with White House officials, top state election officials wanted to know how the Biden administration intended to implement its government-backed get-out-the-vote effort in 2024.

The White House answer essentially was that “those plans are not public and they never intended for them to be public,” according to two secretaries of state who were on the call last week.

“The sad part is, that answer should have been a surprise but it wasn’t,” Mississippi Secretary of State Michael Watson, a Republican, told The Daily Signal.

Secretaries of state typically are their states’ chief election officials. Their growing frustration comes as more than two dozen state lawmakers in Pennsylvania, a major battleground state, ask the Supreme Court to block President Joe Biden’s executive order to increase voter registration.

Mississippi’s Watson noted that in 2020, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and his wife spent $400 million for election administration grants targeting key jurisdictions that would drive up the Democrat vote. (Read more from “How States Are Punching Back on Biden’s Federal Election Takeover” HERE)

Biden Declines Invite to Testify for Impeachment Inquiry

President Joe Biden informed the House on Monday that he was turning down an invitation to testify as part of a corruption-focused impeachment inquiry.

His special counsel, Richard Sauber, conveyed the message to House Oversight Chairman James Comer (R-KY) ahead of the proposed April 16 date for a hearing. The letter claimed the “impeachment investigation is over” and claimed the oversight panel has turned up evidence showing that Biden “has done nothing wrong.”

The House should “focus on the issues that matter to the American people rather than continuing to waste time and taxpayer resources on this partisan charade,” Sauber wrote, adding, “we decline your invitation for President Biden to testify.”

Not mentioned in the letter was whether Biden answered a series of questions in which Comer asked Biden to respond in writing about whether he met or otherwise interacted with specific foreign business executives, as well as details on the context of the contacts. But a release from the House Oversight Committee said Biden refused to answer the questions.

“The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree in the Biden family. Like his son, Hunter Biden, President Biden is refusing to testify in public about the Bidens’ corrupt influence peddling. This comes as no surprise since President Biden continues to lie about his relationships with his son’s business partners, even denying they exist when his son said under oath during a deposition that they did,” Comer said in a statement. (Read more from “Biden Declines Invite to Testify for Impeachment Inquiry” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Migrants Thank Biden After Release From Processing Centers 245% Above Capacity: Report

Illegal migrants in the San Diego area of the U.S. border with Mexico thanked President Joe Biden after being released into the country from the area’s overburdened migrant processing facilities, the New York Post reported Friday.

“Thank you America, thank you American president,” an Indian migrant said after the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) dropped him off, allowing him to enter the U.S., according to the outlet.

Other migrants being dropped off reportedly told the outlet they were from various countries, including China, India, Egypt, Jordan, Mauritania and Colombia.

The San Diego Sector’s processing facilities are experiencing carrying capacities of 245%, with facilities designed to hold 750 migrants at most now holding 1,812 migrants, the outlet reported. The sector has eight stations, according to CBP.

As U.S. policy states migrants may not be held for more than 72 hours, they are soon released into the country, with over 125,000 migrants reportedly released onto San Diego’s streets since September 2023. (Read more from “Migrants Thank Biden After Release From Processing Centers 245% Above Capacity: Report” HERE)