Posts

UK Has Run Out of Vital Weapons to Give Ukraine

The hits just keep coming: a senior British military source has told The Telegraph that the UK has depleted available military equipment to give to Ukraine. Unlike the US or Poland at this point, it’s not a question of funding or political will, but the British military has simply run out of vital arms and ammo to give, apparently.

“We’ve given away just about as much as we can afford,” the official told the paper, explaining that all along the UK had encouraged other allies to keep arming Kiev.

“We will continue to source equipment to provide for Ukraine, but what they need now is things like air defense assets and artillery ammunition, and we’ve run dry on all that,” the official added.

The shortage was revealed after controversial remarks given by recent Defence Secretary Ben Wallace:

The comments come after Ben Wallace revealed that he asked Rishi Sunak to spend £2.3 billion more on support for Ukraine before he resigned as defence secretary last month.

Mr Wallace warned that the UK had been overtaken by Germany as the biggest European military donor to Ukraine as he called for the 50 per cent increase on funding that the UK has committed so far.

(Read more from “UK Has Run Out of Vital Weapons to Give Ukraine” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Ukraine Brands China’s Biggest Oil and Gas Companies ‘Sponsors of War’

Ukraine’s National Agency on Corruption Prevention (NACP) announced on Tuesday that it had decided to add China’s three largest oil and gas companies to its list of “international sponsors of war” for their lucrative business interests in Russia, potentially driving a wedge between Kyiv and Beijing.

China is one of Russia’s closest international allies and has dramatically increased its imports of Russian fossil fuels since the government of strongman Vladimir Putin announced a “special operation” to invade Ukraine in February 2022. Russia overtook Saudi Arabia and China’s top source of oil in June 2022 and has rerouted ships into the Arctic to more efficiently meet China’s demand for its products — at a time in which Europe imposed sanctions on Moscow in response to the invasion.

The Chinese Communist Party also enjoys close ties to the government of Ukraine, however. Ukraine is a member of China’s Belt and Road Initative (BRI), a debt-trap scheme in which Beijing offers predatory loans to poor countries that serve to erode their sovereignty and increase Chinese influence. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has encouraged Chinese businesses to help rebuild a post-war Ukraine and invited dictator Xi Jinping to maintain communication lines open. Xi and Zelensky last spoke in April, in a phone call Zelensky described as “long and meaningful.”

The Chinese government has repeatedly described itself as a neutral party in the war despite refusing to support sanctions on Russia. It published an alleged “peace plan” to end the Russian invasion in which Beijing advised both Russia and Ukraine to “calm down as soon as possible.” (Read more from “Ukraine Brands China’s Biggest Oil and Gas Companies ‘Sponsors of War’” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Report: Biden Administration ‘Scrambling’ to Assure Allies That Ukraine Aid Will Continue

The Biden administration is “scrambling” to try to assure U.S. allies that American aid to Ukraine will continue despite growing Republican opposition to it, according to a report.

Four sources told Axios that President Joe Biden and Secretary of State Antony Blinken plan to call several of their counterparts in Europe and will hold a conference call with leaders of the G7 countries and several other European allies.

A European diplomat told the outlet that the Biden administration told allies it is working on an agreement with Congress to allow continued military aid to Ukraine.

The outreach began Sunday after Congress passed a short-term funding measure that was stripped of any funding for Ukraine. Biden had signed the measure into law, calling it “good news” since it kept the government funded, and said he fully expected McCarthy to “keep his commitment to the people of Ukraine and secure passage of the support needed to help Ukraine at this critical moment.” Biden also said that he had “just made” a deal with McCarthy about continuing Ukraine funding. (Read more from “Report: Biden Administration ‘Scrambling’ to Assure Allies That Ukraine Aid Will Continue” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Biden Admin Secretly Worried About Corruption in Ukraine: Report

President Joe Biden’s administration is reportedly secretly worried about corruption in Ukraine despite putting on brave face for the public over the situation.

Politico obtained a confidential U.S. strategy document in which U.S. officials discuss objectives that they have for helping Ukraine “root out malfeasance and otherwise reform an array of Ukrainian sectors,” the report said.

The document warns that corruption in the country could cause nations to pull their support from the country as it battles the Russian military.

The report said that the administration wants to “press Ukraine to cut graft, not least because U.S. dollars are at stake.”

The administration is reportedly concerned about being too loud about pressuring Ukraine to tackle its corruption issues because they are worried Republicans will use the issue to cut back funding to Ukraine which could then spark other countries to do the same. (Read more from “Biden Admin Secretly Worried About Corruption in Ukraine: Report” HERE)

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

The Missile That Killed 2 Poles Last Year Was Ukrainian, Confirms Polish Investigation

Despite a lack of cooperation from Ukraine, Polish investigators have established beyond a doubt that the missile that fell on Polish territory on Nov. 15, 2022, killing two farm workers, was Ukrainian and not from Russia.

The prosecutors remain tight-lipped, according to daily Rzeczpospolita, saying they cannot reveal the details of the investigation. They only revealed that they have asked Ukraine for assistance with more information and that the investigation in Poland itself was now complete.

The details the newspaper obtained indicate that the missile was a Russian-made, S-300-type object used by Ukrainian air defenses.

On Nov. 15, last year, during a Russian missile assault on western Ukraine, the Ukrainian side used air defense missiles to intercept the attacks. One of these missiles, which are meant to self-destruct if they do not hit their targets, failed to do so and ended up flying into Poland.

The investigators are certain that the missile was not fired by Russia or Belarus, as Russian positions were farther away from the impact location than the range of the S-300 rockets. (Read more from “The Missile That Killed 2 Poles Last Year Was Ukrainian, Confirms Polish Investigation” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

House Dems ‘Expect’ Ukraine Aid Vote After Shutdown Averted

Leaders of the House Democrats said they “expect” House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) to queue up a Ukraine aid vote following the passage of a short-term spending bill that averted a government shutdown.

The joint statement, released by the office of House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY) on Saturday, was quickly referred to as a “side deal” with Democrats by some Republicans who opposed the 45-day continuing resolution.

“When the House returns, we expect Speaker McCarthy to advance a bill to the House Floor for an up-or-down vote that supports Ukraine, consistent with his commitment to making sure that Vladimir Putin, Russia and authoritarianism are defeated,” the joint statement said. “We must stand with the Ukrainian people until victory is won.”

The statement was issued by Jeffries, Democratic Whip Katherine Clark (D-MA), Caucus Chair Pete Aguilar (D-CA), and Vice Chair Ted Lieu (D-CA). (Read more from “House Dems ‘Expect’ Ukraine Aid Vote After Shutdown Averted” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Democrats Fake Trump-Zelensky Phone Call, Again, in First Impeachment Hearing

Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-MD) repeated a fake version of the infamous 2019 Trump-Zelensky phone call in the first impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden at the House Oversight and Accountability Committee Thursday.

Raskin, the ranking minority member of the committee, claimed in his opening statement that the entire inquiry was a recapitulation of claims of corruption made by Republicans in 2019, of which he said there was no evidence.

In the process, Raskin claimed that Trump associates traveled to Ukraine to dig up dirt on Joe Biden, which he said “culminated in the infamous phone call that then-President [Donald] Trump made to Ukrainian President [Volodymyr] Zelensky, in which Trump threatened to withhold hundreds of billions of dollars in economic, strategic, and military security assistance to Ukraine unless Zelensky embraced their ridiculous fabrication and falsely advertised to the world that Ukraine was investigating Joe Biden.”

Raskin’s version of events repeats a fake version of the phone call, which Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) performed when he conducted his 2019 impeachment inquiry into Trump, and which formed the basis for Democrats’ subsequent arguments for impeaching and removing Trump.

But the transcript of the call, declassified and released by Trump, did not include any threats to withhold aid at all. Nor did it include any “quid pro quo” in which the president made aid conditional on any investigation of Biden. (Read more from “Democrats Fake Trump-Zelensky Phone Call, Again, in First Impeachment Hearing” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Canadian House Speaker Resigns Over Celebrating Nazi Soldier

The Speaker of the House of Commons in the Canadian parliament resigned on Tuesday after taking responsibility for celebrating a 98-year-old Ukrainian who served in a Nazi-controlled unit in World War II during a reception for President Volodymyr Zelensky.

Announcing his resignation as speaker, Liberal MP Anthony Rota said per public broadcaster CBC: “I have acted as your humble servant, carrying out the important responsibilities of this position to the very best of my abilities. The work of this House is above any of us. Therefore, I must step down as your Speaker,” Rota said at 2 p.m. ahead of Tuesday’s question period.

“I reiterate my profound regret for my error in recognizing an individual in the House.”

The resignation came hours after Justin Trudeau’s Liberal government called on him to step down on Tuesday morning. Rota has attempted to take the blame for inviting Waffen SS soldier Yaroslav Hunka to the Parliament, where he was given a resounding round of applause and a standing ovation from the entire house, including from Prime Minister Trudeau and President Zelensky.

However, others, including Conservative opposition party leader Pierre Poilievre said that Trudeau should accept part of the blame for the scandal, arguing that it is his government’s responsibility to vet all guests of the parliament for a state visit such as Zelensky’s last week. (Read more from “Canadian House Speaker Resigns Over Celebrating Nazi Soldier” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Shock: Zelensky, Trudeau Give Soldier Who Reportedly Fought for Nazi Germany a Standing Ovation

By Breitbart. The Canadian parliament, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky have been reported to have given a standing ovation to a reported former member of a Nazi military division.

Following addresses to the parliament in Ottowa on Friday from both Trudeau and Zelensky, the Speaker of the House of Commons Anthony Rota prompted a standing ovation as he honoured a “veteran from the Second World War who fought for Ukrainian independence against the Russians and continues to support the troops today even at his age of 98.”

“His name is Yaroslav Hunka… he is a Ukrainian hero, a Canadian hero, and we thank him for all his service,” Rota continued before a second round of applause.

In the caption of a picture published by the Associated Press showing Zelensky and Trudeau standing and applauding Hunka, the news wire service identified Hunka as a former member of the “First Ukrainian Division in World War II”. The division is also known as the 14th Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS (1st Galician), a division comprised mostly of Ukrainian volunteers after being established by Nazi Germany in 1943.

Despite the International Military Tribunal in Nuremberg in 1946 concluding that the Waffen-SS was guilty of “many massacres and atrocities in occupied territories,” the government of Canada in 1950 decided to allow Ukrainians who served in the Waffen-SS to be admitted into the country from the UK. “These Ukrainians should be subject to special security screening, but should not be rejected on the grounds of their service in the German army,” the Canadian cabinet said at the time. (Read more from “Shock: Zelensky, Trudeau Give Soldier Who Reportedly Fought for Nazi Germany a Standing Ovation” HERE)

_____________________________________________

Jewish Group Slams Canadian Parliament for Honoring Nazi During Zelensky Visit

By Breitbart. Friends of the Simon Wiesenthal Center, a Canadian Jewish human rights organization, slammed the Canadian parliament Sunday for giving a standing ovation to a Ukrainian Nazi during President Volodymyr Zelensky’s visit Friday. . .

Rota’s historical illiteracy, however, tripped him up: some nationalist movements in Eastern Europe who fought against the Soviets later aligned with the invading Nazi forces, including in Ukraine. . .

The Friends of the Simon Wiesenthal Center, a Canadian group supporting the Los Angeles-based, Nazi-hunting organization, noted in a statement:

Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center (FSWC) is deeply disturbed over the Canadian Parliament’s recognition of a Ukrainian veteran who served in a Nazi military unit during the Second World War implicated in the mass murder of Jews and others. FSWC is further outraged that parliamentarians in the House of Commons gave a standing ovation to the former soldier on Friday.

Yaroslav Hunka, a 98-year-old immigrant from Ukraine, was introduced by Anthony Rota, Speaker of the House of Commons, as “a Ukrainian Canadian war veteran from the Second World War who fought for Ukrainian independence against the Russians” and “a Ukrainian hero and a Canadian hero,” ignoring the horrific fact that Hunka served in the 14th Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS, a Nazi military unit whose crimes against humanity during the Holocaust are well-documented.

(Read more from “Jewish Group Slams Canadian Parliament for Honoring Nazi During Zelensky Visit” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.

Report: Zelensky Asks Occult Artist to Be Ambassador for Ukraine

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has allegedly asked occult “Spirit Cooking” performance artist Marina Abramović to serve as an ambassador for his country, according to a report from London’s Daily Telegraph.

Ahead of debuting her first solo exhibition in Britain, the controversial 76-year-old Serbian claimed that President Zelensky has asked her to become an ambassador for Ukraine and to help the country rebuild its school system.

In comments reported by The Telegraph, Abramović said: “I have been invited by Zelensky to be an ambassador of Ukraine, to help the children affected by rebuilding schools and such.”

The Serbian artist went on to claim that she has also been invited to join the board of the Babyn Yar organisation to help protect the Holocaust memorial centre for Jews killed by Nazis in Ukraine, which was damaged in a Russian missile attack shortly following last year’s invasion of the country.

Abramović, an ardent opponent of Vladimir Putin, has previously worked in Ukraine, installing the ‘Crystal Wall of Crying‘ at the Babyn Yar centre just months prior to the invasion. Visitors to the forty-metre-long structure are encouraged to “interact with the crystals and meditate”. Her latest show in London will reportedly ask attendees to squeeze two naked models in order to enter. (Read more from “Report: Zelensky Asks Occult Artist to Be Ambassador for Ukraine” HERE)

Delete Facebook, Delete Twitter, Follow Restoring Liberty and Joe Miller at gab HERE.