North Carolina Hospital Celebrates Its Smallest-Surviving Baby Ever

Born three months premature at 10 ounces and 10-inches long, baby E’layah Faith is the smallest surviving baby born at Carolinas Medical Center, and one of the smallest surviving babies ever born anywhere in the world.

Tuesday would have been her due date, and to celebrate her medical team took a moment to congratulate her parents and reflect on this milestone.

“I was scared because she was so little,” Said E-layah’s mother, Megan Smith. “They had this mask on her for the oxygen, and her face was covered– it weighed more than her” . . .

To help keep E-layah breathing and growing, her medical team provided a special incubator with oxygen and intravenous nutrition until her body was finally ready for the outside world.

“We trickled in a tiny bit of breast milk,” said Dr. Andrew Herman with Levine Children’s Hospital. “It’s our job to get them to grow as quickly as we can, as safely as we can.” (Read more from “North Carolina Hospital Celebrates Its Smallest-Surviving Baby Ever” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Obama Just Banned Products Containing THIS Common Ingredient – You Probably Own One of Them…

Congress just passed, and President Barack Obama has signed, a bill that bans an environmentally harmful product ingredient included in many personal care products, an ingredient that is so common that nearly every American has it in their homes.

Congress has passed the Microbead-Free Waters Act of 2015, which puts a ban on “microbeads,” contained in many bodywashes, toothpastes and soaps.

Microbeads are tiny plastic balls that cleaning product makers say serve as skin exfoliants. But the problem with these little devices is that they never break down as they wash down the drain.

Scientists say the tiny beads flow through our sewer systems but are so small that they aren’t screened out before being dumped into our waterways. Worse, once in our lakes, streams and rivers, microbeads get eaten by fish and other wildlife. The beads cannot be digested and often end up killing the wildlife.

“In New York state alone, 19 tons of microbeads are washed down the drain each year,” Business Insider reports.

“Microbeads are highly damaging to the natural environment and the wildlife that live there,” a press release from the Wildlife Conservation Society says. “Because natural alternatives already exist, a ban on their use in personal care products makes perfect sense.” (Read more from “Obama Just Banned Products Containing THIS Common Ingredient – You Probably Own One of Them…” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

14-Year-Old Receives First 3-D Printed Nose in US

Reconstructive surgery on the human nose isn’t uncommon, but until now, doctors in the United States haven’t been able to replicate and restore the body part to its full functionality. Dallan Jennet, a 14-year-old boy from the Marshall Islands, a country that lies near the equator in the Pacific Ocean, is the first patient in the U.S. to undergo a procedure that does just that.

Jennet’s face became disfigured when he fell onto a live power line at age 9. Earlier this year he flew to New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai, in New York City, to undergo multiple surgeries that would restore his sense of smell and taste.

“The procedure is akin to a ‘nose transplant’ in that we were able to replace the nose with a functional implant,” lead physician Tal Dagan, associate adjunct surgeon, said in a Mount Sinai blog post. “This procedure may be a breakthrough in facial reconstruction because the patient will never have to deal with the standard issues of transplantation, such as tissue rejection or a lifetime of immunosuppressive therapies . . .

Benicia, Calif.-based nonprofit Canvasback Missions Inc., an organization that provides health care and health education to the Pacific Islands, funded Jennet and his mother’s travel and medical expenses to New York. To carry out the subsequent surgeries, Dagan and Dr. Grigoriy Mashkevich, assistant professor of Otolaryngology, Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Mount Sinai, collaborated with Oxford Performance Materials Inc., a Windsor, Connecticut-based 3-D printing company. (Read more from “14-Year-Old Receives First 3-D Printed Nose in US” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Bloomberg Business Just Said Something About 2016 Gun Control That Should Frighten Everyone

By Awr Hawkins. On December 28 Bloomberg Business explained what form Obama’s executive action on gun control will take and predicted it will come “soon after New Year’s Day.”

Breitbart News previously reported that the executive gun control was expected to be an expansion of background checks to cover gun shows or to cover more private sales by changing the legal language relating to private gun owners who sell firearms from their “personal collection,” the way Americans have been doing since 1791.

Bloomberg Business believes Obama has settled on going around Congress to expand background checks by changing the way current law covers private gun owners who sell guns. This approach allows Obama to kill two birds with one stone by expanding background checks to cover more private sales in a way that will also expand checks to private sellers at gun shows.

Would such an expansion have stopped high profile shootings like the Colorado Springs Halloween attack, the Umpqua Community College attack, the August on-air shooting of a reporter and cameraman in Virginia, or the Lafayette theater attack? No. Because all the gunmen and alleged gunmen in these instances passed background checks for their firearms. (Read more from “Bloomberg Business Just Said Something About 2016 Gun Control That Should Frighten Everyone” HERE)


_________________________________

State Lawmakers Prep Gun Control Policies for 2016

By Kerry Picket. State lawmakers are scheduled to consider stricter firearms policies when they return to their respective capitol buildings in January.

In Illinois, a bill introduced by a Democratic state lawmaker in late December would revoke a citizen’s firearms owner ID card and result in the seizure of the individual’s firearms, if the person’s name is added to the FBI terror watch list.

A Nevada Democratic state senator announced a similar bill on Dec. 14 that would “prohibit those on the Federal No-Fly List from purchasing firearms in Nevada.” The bill echoes legislation that recently failed to pass Congress.

Former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg’s operatives are also pushing to get an initiative on the 2016 Nevada ballot that would criminalize private transfers of firearms. Bloomberg-funded groups are heading to other states like Maine and Arizona to propose similar gun control initiatives. (Read more from “State Lawmakers Prep Gun Control Policies for 2016” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Christian Bakery Owners Who Refused to Make Homosexual Wedding Cake Just Had to Do This

Oregon bakery owners who denied service to a same-sex couple have paid $135,000 in state-ordered damages – after refusing to do so for nearly six months.

The Bureau of Labor and Industries says Aaron Klein, co-owner of the Portland-area bakery, dropped off a check Monday for $136,927.07. That includes accrued interest. Klein also paid $7,000 earlier this month.

Damages were awarded in July for emotional suffering caused by Sweet Cakes by Melissa, which two years ago refused to make a wedding cake for Laurel and Rachel Bowman-Cryer. The bakers said their refusal was prompted by religious beliefs. (Read more from “Christian Bakery Owners Who Refused to Make Homosexual Wedding Cake Just Had to Do This” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Muslim Family Goes out to Eat on Christmas Eve, 4 Words Left on Their Bill Blow Them Away

It often seems the media are attempting to condition Muslims to believe that all Americans hate them and will attack them over the least provocation. So, when one Muslim family decided to go out to eat at an Olive Garden restaurant near Augusta, Georgia they were guarded. But what they experienced that night shocked them and only in the best way possible.

Eslam S. Mohamed and his family decided to go out for a Christmas eve dinner at the chain Italian restaurant. Mohamed told the story of their Christmas eve dinner on his Facebook page where he noted that everyone in the place knew they were Muslims.

“Everyone in the restaurant was knowing that we were Arabs Muslims on the table coz [sic] of the language and the ladies were having scarves over their head (Hijab),” Mohamed wrote on Christmas Day.

The large family of twelve people sat down, had their dinner, and then asked for their bill to pay for the meal. Instead, they only were given a receipt that had already been paid.

Mohamed explained the surprising event on his page:

“After finishing we asked for the receipts and the waitress came to us with that receipt in the picture.” As shown on his page, the receipt had written across it “Paid Merry Christmas Beautiful Family.” (Read more from “Muslim Family Goes out to Eat on Christmas Eve, 4 Words Left on Their Bill Blow Them Away” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

China Blasts the U.S. About Anti-Terror Surveillance Law – They’re Brutally Honest

China accused the U.S. and other Western critics of hypocrisy and “double-standards” Tuesday as it defended a new counter-terrorism law that gives authorities greater powers to monitor private communication.

The law, passed over the weekend, would also require telecom and Internet companies to provide encryption and other technical assistance to China’s anti-terror efforts.

Chinese authorities insist the new powers are necessary to combat growing terrorist threat at home and abroad.

However, State Department spokesman Mark Toner expressed concern over the law’s “overreach,” saying it “could lead to greater restrictions on the exercise of freedoms of expressions, association, and peaceful assembly.”

That criticism is “hypocritical,” state-run Xinhua News Agency said in a commentary published Tuesday, adding that the U.S. and other countries also have required technology firms to cooperate in terror-related surveillance. (Read more from “China Blasts the U.S. About Anti-Terror Surveillance Law – They’re Brutally Honest” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

Watch: Legendary Comedian Slams Obama, Praises Donald Trump

Iconic American comedian Jerry Lewis slammed Barack Obama and praised Donald Trump in an interview on World Over with Raymond Arroyo.

“Refugees should stay where the hell they are,” said Lewis bluntly. “Hey, no one has worked harder for the human condition than I have, but they’re not part of the human condition. If 11 guys in the group of 10,000 are ISIS—how can I take that chance?”

Lewis is not alone in this feeling; as of last month at least 31 governors rejected President Obama’s push to accept Syrian refugees into their states. Reports of ISIS now having access to a machine that makes American passports and recent revelations of the holes in our vetting system, borne out in the horrific San Bernardino terror attack, are just a couple of the factors legitimizing such pushback from the American people.

Lewis then said that President Obama was “never prepared” for ISIS and suggested that he was not a real leader . . .

“I think he’s great,” said Lewis of Trump. “He’s a showman and we’ve never had a showman in the president’s chair.”

(Read more from “Legendary Comedian Slams Obama, Praises Donald Trump” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

NYC Businesses Face Huge Fines over Discrimination Towards ‘Gender Confused’ People

The tyranny of ridiculous political correctness is on full display in New York City, where a new update to anti-discrimination laws means being confused by someone else’s gender confusion could cost you $250,000.

The city’s Commission on Human Rights has updated “Discrimination on the Basis of Gender Identity or Expression” codes to implement huge fines for property of business owners who make the mistake of “misgendering” employees or tenants with non-traditional gender identities.

The language of the changes outlines just how careful New Yorkers will have to be:

The NYCHRL requires employers and covered entities to use an individual’s preferred name, pronoun and title (e.g., Ms./Mrs.) regardless of the individual’s sex assigned at birth, anatomy, gender, medical history, appearance, or the sex indicated on the individual’s identification. Most individuals and many transgender people use female or male pronouns and titles.

Some transgender and gender non-conforming people prefer to use pronouns other than he/him/his or she/her/hers, such as they/them/theirs or ze/hir.

(Read more from “NYC Businesses Face Huge Fines over Discrimination Towards ‘Gender Confused’ People” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.

It’s Time for Candidates to Discuss the Enemy Within

When Congress returns in January, there will be a robust debate over the authorization of use of military force (AUMF) in Syria and Iraq to fight ISIS. But while we debate a bunch of lousy options and the potential cost of lives and billions of dollars arming our enemies in endless Islamic civil wars, the politicians in both parties will never discuss the enemy within the United States. This is where the presidential candidates must lead by example.

Donald Trump and Ted Cruz have already drawn attention to the first half of the homeland security threat – the endless migration from the Middle East as manifest through our suicidal immigration policies. Unfortunately, Republicans didn’t listen, and despite the universally-accepted threat of the Syrian and Somali refugees, they gave Obama the full $1.67 billion for refugee resettlement in the Omnibus bill.

However, it is the second half of the equation – the most foundational threat to our homeland and society – that has garnered almost no attention from anyone in politics. That is the threat of the Muslim Brotherhood organizations in America that have so much influence both on the Obama administration and the Muslim communities in our country.

Three questions should automatically come to mind in light of the San Bernardino attack and the nearly daily incidents of Muslims being arrested for plotting terror attacks or attempting to join ISIS.

Why is our government expunging any mention of Islamic terror from their official documents and hampering investigations into connections to local radical Muslim Brotherhood groups?

Why are so few moderate Muslims speaking out against the growing trend of radicalization?

Why are so many Muslims in America, even those who were born here, being drawn into groups like ISIS and Al Qaeda?

The answer to all these questions, point to the Muslim Brotherhood and the influence of their three North American affiliates that were implicated in the Holy Land Foundation terror trial: the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR), the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), and the North American Islamic Trust.

Last Wednesday, I had the privilege of guest hosting the Sean Hannity show along with my colleague, Deneen Borelli, and we discussed why the Muslim Brotherhood represents a more foundational threat to our homeland than ISIS or Al Qaeda. They are the enemy within that radicalizes American Muslims (the ones that weren’t already radicalized), marginalizes and intimidates moderates, and influences the government to eschew any policy that even mentions Islamic terror much less policies that actually combat Islamic terror.

This is why we need the GOP candidates to step up to the plate. But until now they have largely been silent. Ted Cruz has introduced an important piece of legislation, which would designate the Muslim Brotherhood as a terror group, but he needs to make this issue more front and center in his campaign.

Just last week, U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron took the unprecedented step to designate the Muslim Brotherhood a terror group after his government launched an exhaustive study into their activities. They will now ban visas to Muslim Brotherhood officials and increase surveillance of their offices. If the liberal Europeans are willing to protect themselves and root out their enemy within, cannot our “conservative” leaders muster the same courage?

Not surprisingly, Obama condemned Cameron’s move as a needless de-legitimizing of a non-violent group. But their use of “non-violent” means of subversion in western countries to marginalize moderates and quietly radicalize the Muslim communities and mosques is exactly what will destroy both America and Europe from the inside.

It was recently reported that the U.K. is experiencing a sharp drop off in cooperation from local Muslims in rooting out terrorists from their communities. Undoubtedly, the Muslim Brotherhood intimidation is a big part of this deterrent against cooperating with the authorities.

Earlier this month, Phil Haney, a former DHS counterterrorism official, wrote an expose on how he was stifled from connecting the dots between some of the very same foreign terror groups Tafsheen Malik was affiliated with and local Muslim groups in America:

“But after more than six months of research and tracking; over 1,200 law enforcement actions and more than 300 terrorists identified; and a commendation for our efforts; DHS shut down the investigation at the request of the Department of State and DHS’ own Civil Rights and Civil Liberties Division. They claimed that since the Islamist groups in question were not Specially Designated Terrorist Organizations (SDTOs) tracking individuals related to these groups was a violation of the travelers’ civil liberties. These were almost exclusively foreign nationals: When were they granted the civil rights and liberties of American citizens?

Worse still, the administration then went back and erased the dots we were diligently connecting. Even as DHS closed my investigation, I knew that data I was looking at could prove significant to future counterterror efforts and tried to prevent the information from being lost to law enforcement.”

It’s not surprising that DHS’s Civil Rights and Civil Liberties Division (CRCL) was responsible for shutting down the investigation. CRCL is the nexus for the Muslim Brotherhood influence in our government. In 2008, under the Bush administration, then-DHS Secretary Michael Chertoff drafted a memo for CRCL that called on government officials to strip all references of Islamic supremacism from their training. This memo was drafted, in the words of Chertoff, based on “its discussions with a broad range of Muslim American community leaders and scholars.” In 2011, based on the same recommendations of these Muslim Brotherhood “scholars,” DHS published its training and guidance manual on the Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) agenda. The manual instructs the bureaucrats to use examples to “demonstrate that terrorists and violent extremists vary in ethnicity, race, gender, and religion.”

If ISIS is the new quarterback for Islamic terror, the Muslim Brotherhood is their all-star offensive linemen. In theory the United States should have a great defensive line capable of overwhelming ISIS’ strategy. But with our very own Department of Homeland Security playing ball for the Muslim Brotherhood, the fox appears to be guarding the henhouse. (For more from the author of “It’s Time for Candidates to Discuss the Enemy Within” please click HERE)

Watch a recent interview with the author below:

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.