Here’s Why Authorities Waited for Months to Raid the Muslim-Extremist Compound
The owner of the New Mexico property raided by authorities last week said he had notified police about seeing a child that appeared to be the Georgia toddler who had gone missing last year, NBC News reported, raising questions about why it took so long for authorities to raid the compound and discover the appalling conditions.
Jason Badger owns the land in Taos County where investigators discovered child remains on Monday following Friday’s raid of the compound where 11 children were found starving. Badger said he called police about four months ago after he realized that a missing child poster of Abdul-Ghani Wahhaj he had seen looked like a boy who lived on the remote compound.
Remains, possibly belonging to Abdul-Ghani Wahhaj, were found on what would have been the boy’s fourth birthday. His mother, Hakima Ramzi, said she has not seen her son since his father disappeared with him from Jonesboro, Georgia, in December. . .
The Taos County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Steve Fuhlendorf told NBC News that officers had followed up Badger’s tip, but that Abdul-Ghani Wahhaj wasn’t spotted in aerial and ground photos taken.
“It’s not that it was being ignored at all, but there are certain things under those circumstances that under the law, that they’re allowed to do,” Fuhlendorf said. “We still don’t know if they actually saw the boy in question. All we know is that they thought they saw somebody that may have looked like him, and that was not sufficient to be able to get a search warrant and go in and proceed from there.” (Read more from “Here’s Why Authorities Waited for Months to Raid the Muslim-Extremist Compound” HERE)
Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE.




