State Department Says 363 Americans Still Trapped in Afghanistan; Biden Admin Lied Claiming Only 100 Left Behind After Botched Withdrawal

At least 363 Americans are still trapped in Afghanistan — far above the administration’s initial estimate — weeks after the Biden administration’s botched withdrawal from the jihadist-controlled country, according to the State Department.

The State Department reportedly relayed the information to congressional staff Thursday, admitting it is in contact with 363 Americans stranded in Afghanistan. Of those, 176 reportedly want to come home.

This figure is far greater than the estimate offered by Secretary of State Antony Blinken last month, insisting that roughly 100 Americans were left in the country.

“We believe the number of those who have American citizenship, many of them dual-nationals, who remain in Afghanistan is somewhere around a hundred,” he told reporters in Qatar in September, claiming the department to be in “direct contact with virtually all of them.”

“We are working around the clock to help U.S. citizens, to help lawful permanent residents, to help at-risk Afghans to whom we have a special commitment depart Afghanistan if they so choose,” he said at the time, claiming that they had “successfully done that already.”

(Read more from “State Department Says 363 Americans Still Trapped in Afghanistan; Biden Admin Lied Claiming Only 100 Left Behind After Botched Withdrawal” HERE)

Follow Joe Miller on Twitter HERE and Facebook HERE