Archaeologists Unearth Fourth-Century Roman Mosaic

Archaeologists have uncovered a stunning Roman mosaic hidden beneath farmland in the UK.

Made up of thousands of colorful stone cubes arranged in a floral pattern, the fourth-century mosaic was found among the ruins of a Roman villa in Devon, England.

The ruins date back to England’s time as part of the Roman Empire, which spanned from around 43 to 410 A.D.

Researchers also discovered an elaborate bathhouse nearby with multiple plunge pools and painted plaster walls, along with other artifacts.

The discoveries were shared last month after a two-month dig on farmland between the villages of Halberton and Sampford Peverell, led by archaeologists at the University of Exeter and Cotswold Archaeology, according to a press release from Exeter. Volunteers worked alongside experts to uncover the site. (Read more from “Archaeologists Unearth Fourth-Century Roman Mosaic” HERE)

Hero Civilian Who Fired Back at In-N-Out Shooter Trained in Self Defense after Witnessing another Mass Shooting

By New York Post. The good Samaritan being hailed as a “hero” for firing upon Idaho In-N-Out gunman Chad Williams in the middle of his deadly drive-thru rampage had trained for such a moment for years after witnessing another mass shooting.

Jordan Salinas, 35, a healthcare worker and the full-time caregiver of his brother, who uses a wheelchair, had been horseback riding with his girlfriend the morning of the shooting when the couple pulled into the Twin Falls In-N-Out location for lunch and immediately noticed something amiss.

[Photo credit: Facebook]

A large crowd of people was rushing through the exit doors of the restaurant, which he assumed was due to a kitchen fire until he heard the unmistakable pop of gunfire.

Operating on pure instinct, Salinas sprinted toward the sound of the gunfire – a response he’d later refer to as “automatic” and “mechanical,” he told the Idaho Statesman.

He drew his FN Five-Seven – a semiautomatic pistol equipped with a suppressor – and engaged Williams using the military’s four-step “Observe, Orient, Decide Act” approach. (Read more from “Hero Civilian Who Fired Back at In-N-Out Shooter Trained in Self Defense after Witnessing another Mass Shooting” HERE)

______________________________________________________

California native among 3 killed in mass shooting at Idaho In-N-Out, family says

By ABC News 7. One of the victims killed in a shooting at an In-N-Out restaurant in Idaho over the weekend was from California, according to the New York Times.

Authorities in Twin Falls, Idaho are still working to find a motive behind the deadly shooting on Saturday. The 24-year-old shooter, identified as Chad Williams, died by a self-inflicted gunshot wound at the scene, according to police.

Three people were killed and seven others were injured when the gunman shot at the In-N-Out restaurant, which had just opened about a week before, drawing big crowds.

The New York Times identified Christopher Claunch, a California native, as one of the victims killed in the shooting. His sister lives in Rosamond, north of Lancaster.

His sister told the Times that Claunch worked at Renaissance Ranch Recovery Center in Rupert, Idaho. He had lived in the state for about 30 years. (Read more from “California native among 3 killed in mass shooting at Idaho In-N-Out, family says” HERE)

Photo credit: X Screenshot

Trump Slams Jeanine Pirro for Dropping Reflecting Pool Vandalism Cases, says She “Choked”

President Trump on Monday publicly rebuked Jeanine Pirro, his handpicked U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia, for dropping the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool vandalism cases, but ignored questions about whether he intends to fire her.

The Justice Department submitted a court filing Friday moving to dismiss vandalism charges against 67-year-old former Olympian David Hearn, saying the Interior Department incorrectly attributed damage in the pool’s lining to vandalism and that evidence showed “contractor error” and a “botched installation” were to blame.

That move did not rest well with Mr. Trump, who said Pirro “choked” and “made a mistake.”

“I was disappointed with Jeanine Pirro,” Mr. Trump told reporters in the Oval Office on Monday. “Really disappointed with Jeanine Pirro. She folded like an umbrella.”

“Frankly, I think she choked,” he said. “…I guess she choked. I don’t know what the hell happened.” (Read more from “Trump Slams Jeanine Pirro for Dropping Reflecting Pool Vandalism Cases, says She “Choked” HERE)

Thousands of Illegal African Migrants Overrun Spanish Enclave, turn Streets into Open Toilets and Bathe in Fountains: ‘An apocalypse’

An unprecedented wave of 60,000 illegal migrants from Africa flooded the Spanish enclave of Ceuta this week, prompting Spain to deploy its military – as terrified locals likened the invasion to an “apocalypse.”

Harrowing local media reports reveal residents and business owners in Ceuta – a Spanish territory located on the north African coast – are too afraid to open their doors amid the rush of migrants, many of whom arrived wearing nothing but swimwear, without a penny or possession to their name.

“Businesses closed. Shops shut because if you open a business, it gets overrun … We’re scared. The streets are packed. There are no measures in place. It’s every man for himself. They’re not giving us any help,” a frightened downtown restaurant owner who didn’t want to give their name told state-owned Spanish media outlet RTVE.

Ceuta’s president estimated Friday that around 60,000 people had crossed by sea and land from Morocco over the past 24 hours — a sea of humanity representing nearly 70% of Ceuta’s population of 85,000.

Spain’s Interior Ministry, meanwhile, estimated that about 50,000 migrants had crossed the border – but in a stunning reversal by 6 p.m. Friday, 48,300 had already returned home. (Read more from “Thousands of Illegal African Migrants Overrun Spanish Enclave, turn Streets into Open Toilets and Bathe in Fountains: ‘An apocalypse’” HERE)

House Ethics Committee Refuses To Say If GOP Congressman Will Be Investigated For Domestic Violence Allegations

The House Ethics Committee refused to say Friday whether it would investigate Republican Ohio Rep. Max Miller in connection with domestic abuse allegations.

Miller’s ex-wife, Emily Moreno, accused the congressman of domestic abuse against her and their two-year-old daughter and filed for restraining orders. The House Ethics Committee declined to tell the Daily Caller News Foundation whether it would investigate these allegations.

“No comment,” the Ethics Committee told the DCNF.

Miller’s office did not respond to the DCNF’s request for comment.

House Speaker Mike Johnson said in May that he does not “get involved in the personal lives of members.”

“I don’t get involved in the personal lives of members and those things. You know, he’s refuted some of these allegations, and he’s got to work that out,” Johnson told NBC News. (Read more from “House Ethics Committee Refuses To Say If GOP Congressman Will Be Investigated For Domestic Violence Allegations” HERE)

Trump DOJ Gives School District 7-Day Ultimatum over Student Trans Policy that Keeps Parents in the Dark

Assistant Attorney General Harmeet Dhillon demanded in a letter sent July 29 that a school district in Maryland stop hiding information about student gender transitions from parents or face litigation from the Justice Department.

“By categorically withholding ‘(i)nformation about a student’s gender identity’ from parents except where ‘legally required,’ AACPS appears to have adopted a blanket, district-wide practice of nondisclosure untethered to FERPA’s enumerated exceptions … parents were denied access to their child’s full record, information was disclosed without parental consent, and the parents were denied a hearing to correct the record,” she wrote, aimed at the Anne Arundel County school system.

“Comply with the law or face us in court,” Dhillon later added on X.

The demand marks the Trump administration’s latest effort to challenge school policies that allow students to socially transition without their parents’ knowledge, testing whether federal education privacy law requires districts to disclose gender-identity records. Anne Arundel County now faces possible litigation — and potentially the loss of federal funding — unless it reverses the policy within seven days, escalating a national dispute over parental rights, a significant plank in the president’s policy agenda.

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is designed to give parents the legal right to access their children’s educational records, which the Trump administration argues includes information related to changes in their gender identity. The law has previously been used by the DOJ in attempts to overturn similar policies in Maine and California. (Read more from “Trump DOJ Gives School District 7-Day Ultimatum over Student Trans Policy that Keeps Parents in the Dark” HERE)

The Once-Weekly Workout that Burns Nearly as Much Fat as Exercising 3 Times a Week

. . .The CDC and other health agencies recommend adults aim for at least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity, along with two muscle-strengthening sessions a week.

However, research suggests you may need much less than that to shed as much fat as through three weekly workouts.

Excess belly fat, namely visceral fat around the abdomen, is closely linked to several health issues like cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes and even inflammatory skin conditions.

A study published in the journal Nature Communications found the effects of one weekly session of high intensity interval training on heart health and body fat were comparable to three days of the same exercise.

Researchers at the University of Hong Kong compared adults with abdominal obesity who did one 75-minute session of interval training on a treadmill per week, or split the 75-minute session into three workouts across the week. (Read more from “The Once-Weekly Workout that Burns Nearly as Much Fat as Exercising 3 Times a Week” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

25 States Sue over Trump’s New Tariffs, Calling them ‘Pretext’ to Replace His Old Ones

Twenty-five states sued the Trump administration Monday over its latest tariffs, calling them a pretext for replacing import taxes the Supreme Court struck down in February.

The United States last month imposed double-digit tariffs on 59 countries and the European Union, charging that they had not done enough to crack down on imports produced by forced labor. The new tariffs took effect just as the clock ran out on temporary tariffs President Donald Trump had turned to after the Supreme Court defeat.

“After losing at the Supreme Court, the administration is once again trying to illegally raise taxes on families and businesses with a new round of tariffs,” said New York Attorney General Letitia James.

Joining New York in the lawsuit announced Monday are Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia, Vermont, Washington and Wisconsin. (Read more from “25 States Sue over Trump’s New Tariffs, Calling them ‘Pretext’ to Replace His Old Ones” HERE)

Trump Lashes out at Big Oil for ‘Making too Much Money’ During Iran War: ‘They ought to give some of that back’

President Trump bristled Monday at Big Oil’s huge windfall amid the war in Iran, arguing that the country’s largest oil companies should give some of their record profits to the American public.

“I don’t like it,” Trump said in the Oval Office, when asked about the eye-popping earnings reported by ExxonMobil and Chevron last week.

ExxonMobil reported making $14.5 billion in the second-quarter of 2026 – double what it made over the same period of time last year – and the $12 billion Chevron raked in was the most the company has made in a single quarter in six years.

Their soaring earnings came as the Iran war pushed oil prices at times to above $100 a barrel – and gasoline skyrocketed up to an average of $4.56 per gallon this spring.

“They’re making too much money, okay, based on a shortage,” Trump fumed.

“I don’t like it, and I should be the last one to say it because I’m a big free enterprise guy,” he continued. “Nobody bigger.” (Read more from “Trump Lashes out at Big Oil for ‘Making too Much Money’ During Iran War: ‘They ought to give some of that back’” HERE)

Iran Denies Reports of Peace Talks with U.S.: Only Talking to Oman

By Breitbart. The Iranian Foreign Ministry claimed during its regular briefing on Monday that its officials were not engaged in any direct negotiations with the administration of President Donald Trump, but rather working out a plan for the Strait of Hormuz with the government of Oman.

The statements out of Tehran followed President Trump announcing this weekend that he had allegedly planned a major military strike on Iran, but canceled it to allow for more peace conversations with the rogue terrorist state. Trump described the alleged agreement to end hostilities as “imminent,” requiring a pause in American military action for it to be completed.

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baqaei told reporters that Iran is engaged in negotiations, but only with neighboring Oman on how to manage the Strait of Hormuz. As a result of the ongoing conflict between Iran and America that began in February, Iranian armed forces have maintained a campaign of belligerent action against commercial shipping in the Strait of Hormuz, significantly damaging the ability for neighboring Gulf states to sell their fossil fuels and sending oil prices skyrocketing worldwide.

“Stating that there had been no third party in the talks with Oman, he [Baqaei] noted the issues related to the United States and its implementation of commitments would be reviewed later, in accordance with the circumstances,” the state-run Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA) reported on Monday. The spokesman described the talks with Oman in optimistic terms, but insisted Washington played no role in them.

Baqaei reportedly stated that Iran was “not negotiating with the U.S. at the moment.” (Read more from “Iran Denies Reports of Peace Talks with U.S.: Only Talking to Oman” HERE)

______________________________________________________

Trump gives Iran ‘last chance’ to sign deal before ‘decapitation’ — sets target date for Strait of Hormuz to reopen

By New York Post. President Trump declared on Monday he’s giving Iran one “last chance before decapitation” – betting on lucky No. 13 for his final ultimatum.

Speaking from the Oval Office, Trump claimed negotiations are underway to reopen the Strait of Hormuz as soon as Tuesday after he called off a large-scale “World War II” intensity military operation over the weekend to give Iran a final chance to avoid destruction.

“This is a last chance,” Trump said. “This is the last chance for them to sign a good document.”

“I want to give them every last chance before decapitation,” he added.

The president has given Iran at least a dozen chances since the war began on Feb. 28, threatening strikes or imposing deadlines for major actions by Tehran only to reverse course or extend time limits, according to a review by The Post of prior statements. (Read more from “Trump gives Iran ‘last chance’ to sign deal before ‘decapitation’ — sets target date for Strait of Hormuz to reopen” HERE)