Seven Dead after Ukrainian Drone Strikes Popular Russian Beach

At least seven people, including three children, have been killed after a Ukrainian drone crashed onto a popular beach on the Russian Black Sea coast, according to Russian authorities.

Another 40 people were injured after a drone crashed into the busy holiday resort near the town of Gelendzhik on Monday.

Footage on social media shows the moment the drone veered towards the beach before slamming into it and causing a large explosion, which sent people fleeing from the water.

Officials said 17 people were rushed to the hospital following the incident and a specialist medical disaster team had been dispatched to the scene of the explosion.

Veniamin Kondratyev, the governor of Russia’s ‌southern Krasnodar region, which includes the resort, described the incident as a tragedy. (Read more from “Seven Dead after Ukrainian Drone Strikes Popular Russian Beach” HERE)

US Military Fighter Jet Crashes At Air Base, Pilot Ejected

A U.S. military F-35 stealth fighter jet crashed near the Marine Corps Air Station Miramar in California Friday, causing the pilot to be ejected.

“The pilot ejected, was transported to a local medical facility in stable condition for evaluation and treatment of non-life-threatening injuries,” the U.S. Marine Corps announced, according to The Associated Press (AP). The aftermath of the crash was captured on film from several angles, which depict smoke coming from the area of the wreckage site somewhere in a California dirt tract inside the base. . .

A concrete worker close to the scene named Wade Lott told The AP that he witnessed the military air mishap while he was on his way to work.

“It just blew up, it was crazy,” said Lott, 36, who watched from his truck as two jets descended toward the runway together.

(Read more from “US Military Fighter Jet Crashes At Air Base, Pilot Ejected” HERE)

Major University Requires ‘Business Suit And Proper Shoes’ Under New Dress Code For Students

Tuskegee University announced plans to roll out a new dress code this upcoming semester at the historically black college.

The dress code announcement came directly from the top in an email to students from Tuskegee University President Dr. Mark A. Brown. “The Student Handbook requires students to arrive on campus with a business suit and proper shoes for a business meeting,” the email read.

The new dress code also bars “revealing clothing in class, to the cafeteria or in official settings like Convocation,” and prohibits “bedroom shoes, bonnets, or du-rags to class or the cafeteria,” according to the email.

The university president assured the coeducational campus community that students will derive long-term benefits from these dress policies.

“The goal here is not meant to restrict you from enjoying the Tuskegee Experience, but to prepare you with a solid foundation for the workforce you will enter once you leave Tuskegee,” Brown noted. (Read more from “Major University Requires ‘Business Suit And Proper Shoes’ Under New Dress Code For Students” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

Dem Leader goes Scorched-Earth on ‘Anti-American’ Socialists for Trying to ‘Hijack’ Party

A leading House Democrat went scorched-earth on insurgent socialists rising within his party, repeatedly telling them to start their own party and accusing them of trying to “hijack” the Democratic Party as a “vessel” for their communist, “anti-American,” open-border platform.

House Intelligence Committee member Josh Gottheimer, D-N.J., a leader of the moderate Blue Dog Coalition, told Fox News on Sunday that the Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) is “not Democrats” and rejected the idea that its platform is compatible with the Democratic Party’s.

“Obviously, I’m a very proud, common-sense Democrat, and I don’t think DSA members are Democrats. They’re socialists, right? And I’m all for them having their own party if they want one, but if they’re trying to take over our party, that’s unacceptable to me,” Gottheimer said on “The Big Weekend Show.”

“Their values, their ideas are certainly not in line with ours, and they don’t support our leadership. They’re trying to use the Democratic Party as a vessel for their ideas. And as you heard in some of these conventions, literally, they’re supporting the Communist Manifesto and [Leon] Trotsky, they’re anti-American, they are anti-cop, they don’t believe in borders.”

Gottheimer was referring to man-on-the-street clips of DSA members at the group’s Chicago convention. One socialist said they are organizing a front to get “ICE off our campuses,” while a member of the DSA’s National Political Committee said people such as Gottheimer who call them anti-American do not understand that their platform is the “most American thing you can do.” (Read more from “Dem Leader goes Scorched-Earth on ‘Anti-American’ Socialists for Trying to ‘Hijack’ Party” HERE)

US Manufacturing Hits 4-year High, with AI Buildout a Major Driver of Growth, though Price Volatility Looms: Survey

Manufacturing activity in July hit a four-year high, with massive AI infrastructure investment a major driver of growth — even as industry leaders sounded the alarm over price volatility, according to a survey released Monday.

The Institute for Supply Management’s July manufacturing gauge jumped to 55.6 – expanding at its fastest pace since May 2022 and marking its seventh consecutive month of growth, the survey said.

Any reading above 50 in the ISM’s monthly survey indicates growth while any measure below 50 signals contraction.

Susan Spence, chair of the ISM Manufacturing Business Survey Committee, said increased certainty around President Trump’s tariff policy and hopes for a more permanent deal to end the war in Iran helped encourage the boost in manufacturing.

“My gut is, it’s not just a one- or two-month trend,” Spence told reporters. “Companies are seeing six or more months of these solid demand factors going in the right direction.” (Read more from “US Manufacturing Hits 4-year High, with AI Buildout a Major Driver of Growth, though Price Volatility Looms: Survey” HERE)

Aggressive HOAs are Running out of Money and Foreclosing on More Residents than ever Before

America’s homeowners associations are running out of money — and patience.

Amid rising insurance premiums, drained reserve funds and increased safety measures in the wake of the Surfside condominium collapse, the country’s hundreds of thousands of homeowners associations are cracking down on delinquent residents.

Even more startling, HOAs are skipping grace periods and handing delinquent accounts over to attorneys.

HOA foreclosures spiked nearly 40% in two years to 6,376 properties in the first quarter, according to real estate analytics firm Attom, as reported by the Wall Street Journal, putting its pace ahead of overall mortgage foreclosure rates.

These foreclosure sales are “like most foreclosures in that they are typically an auction,” attorney Kirk Pearson, who represents homeowners in HOA disputes, told The Post. (Read more from “Aggressive HOAs are Running out of Money and Foreclosing on More Residents than ever Before” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

What Do Pro-2A Groups Think About Trump Admin Defending This Gun Law?

Pro-Second Amendment groups have mixed reactions to the Department of Justice (DOJ) asking a federal judge to grant summary judgement in a legal challenge to the National Firearms Act (NFA).

The reconciliation bill signed into law by President Donald Trump in July 2025 contained provisions that reduced the taxes on suppressors, short-barreled rifles, short-barreled shotguns and guns described as “any other weapon” to $0 after the Senate parliamentarian struck language that removed those items from any coverage of the NFA. Some pro-Second Amendment groups have argued that the new figure makes the provisions unconstitutional.

“GOA is already challenging the NFA’s burdensome registration requirements for newly untaxed firearms in federal court in Texas. In both cases, the Department of Justice is defending a law that has no basis in the Constitution, its text, or our nation’s history,” Gun Owners of America Senior Vice President Erich Pratt told the Daily Caller News Foundation. “Instead of wasting taxpayer dollars defending an unpopular and unconstitutional law, the Administration should have sided with the plaintiffs and acknowledged that the NFA violates the Second Amendment.”

While some Second Amendment advocates have expressed frustration over the Trump administration defending some gun laws, notably the NFA, from legal challenges, a top administration official told the DCNF that the criticism was misplaced.

“I understand people have policy differences with DOJ’s enforcement of federal laws, but, in my opinion, and I’ve said this to many gun groups, the appropriate place to launch those policy discussions is in Congress, not with us,” Assistant Attorney General for Civil Right Harmeet Dhillon said during a June interview. “We have, I mean, not me, but other people in this building regularly respond to all kinds of litigation on behalf of the United States where I don’t necessarily agree with what we’re defending.” (Read more from “What Do Pro-2A Groups Think About Trump Admin Defending This Gun Law?” HERE)

Debtor Nation: More Americans Going Into Debt Just To Buy Food

A new survey finds that nearly two-thirds of working-age adults use credit to purchase their groceries, with many finding it increasingly difficult to pay it off.

The survey, published by the Urban Institute in mid-July, was conducted in December and found that low-income families are the most affected by a perceived increase in grocery costs, making the exchange of debt for food appear to be their only option.

The institute found that 34.9 percent of working-age adults, defined as those between the ages of 18 and 64, used a credit card to pay for their groceries but reported that they would pay the bill back in full. Another 19.6 percent reported they were capable of only making the minimum payment on the debt they incurred, while another 8.7 percent reported not always being able to make the minimum payment.

“There is a substantial portion of people all around us who are having trouble being able to afford groceries and meet their basic needs,” Kassandra Martinchek, one of the report’s authors and a senior research associate at the Urban Institute, told The Washington Post.

The survey also determined that nearly 10 percent of working-age adults use Buy Now, Pay Later options to purchase groceries, with more than one-third having missed a payment. (Read more from “Debtor Nation: More Americans Going Into Debt Just To Buy Food” HERE)

Poll Asks Americans If They Think Iran War’s ‘Worth Fighting.’ The Results Are Brutal

Republican support for the Iran war is waning as polling numbers show the ongoing conflict has become increasingly unpopular.

A July 23-27 AP-NORC survey found that a majority — 64% — of U.S. adults not think the war has been “worth fighting,” the Associated Press reported Thursday. The poll was conducted starting on the final day of 13 consecutive nights of U.S. strikes on Iran.

Fighting resumed on July 28 after the survey concluded, according to a U.S. Central Command press release.

Among those polled, 37% of Republicans said the war was “not worth fighting,” compared to 87% of Democrats and 68% of independents, the AP-NORC data showed.

When asked what the US should do about Iran, 48% of Republicans answered that the “U.S. should continue military action against Iran,” more than double the 23% of total U.S. adults that answered the same, according to AP-NORC. Just 4% of Democrats agreed.

“What matters most to the American people is having a Commander in Chief who takes bold action to keep them safe, which is exactly what President Trump is doing,” White House Assistant Press Secretary Olivia Wales told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

(Read more from “Poll Asks Americans If They Think Iran War’s ‘Worth Fighting.’ The Results Are Brutal” HERE)

Russian OnlyFans Model Avoids Prison in Vladimir Putin’s War on Porn — but gets 3-year Internet Ban

A raunchy Russian OnlyFans star narrowly avoided the clink but was slapped with a $60,000 fine and banned from the internet for three years amid President Vladimir Putin’s crackdown on porn.

Sofya Vershinina, 21, was convicted of producing and distributing sexually explicit online videos in court in Moscow, Russia, The US Sun reported.

Amid Putin’s crackdown on anti-traditional values and his war on porn, prosecutors demanded the OnlyFans star be sentenced to three-and-a-half years in a Russian penal colony.

However, after pleading guilty and expressing remorse, the 21-year-old model received a three-year suspended jail sentence.

But her lighter punishment could be reversed if she breaches the conditions of her sentence. (Read more from “Russian OnlyFans Model Avoids Prison in Vladimir Putin’s War on Porn — but gets 3-year Internet Ban” HERE)

Photo credit: YouTube