Secretive Bohemian Grove Club Gets Special Flight Treatment as CA Community Rages over Noise

The billionaires and power brokers flying into Bohemian Grove got something Sonoma County residents have been fighting for since last year: peace and quiet.

The Federal Aviation Administration temporarily ditched a controversial flight path during the elite club’s annual retreat, sending many departing planes along an older, quieter route while private jets packed the regional airport, then switched back once the secretive gathering wrapped up.

The move sparked fresh outrage among locals, who say the agency proved it could reduce the relentless aircraft noise over their neighborhoods all along.

Rep. Jared Huffman on Wednesday accused the FAA of giving preferential treatment to Bohemian Grove’s wealthy guests after years of rejecting similar requests from the surrounding community.

“When the Bohemians come to town, they get the response that I’ve spent the better part of two years demanding with my West County constituents,” Huffman told KQED. “But when the private jets go away, we’re not sure what happens. I want to make sure … that the folks I represent get the same consideration as the billionaires and oligarchs who are having a good time in Bohemian Grove.”

The timing is especially striking as an alleged 2023 membership list from the notoriously secretive Bohemian Club has surfaced. (Read more from “Secretive Bohemian Grove Club Gets Special Flight Treatment as CA Community Rages over Noise” HERE)

Sources Close To Admin Weigh In After Trump Reportedly Tips Hand On Potential Successor

President Donald Trump appears to have indicated who he would like to see succeed him as the face of the GOP and in the White House, according to a new Washington Post report.

During a recent private meeting with donors in the Oval Office, Trump said that “at the end of the day, we need to elect JD,” two people with knowledge of the comments told the Post. For months, Trump has privately and publicly polled allies, friends and staff on who should succeed him: Vance or Rubio.

“JD has all the bona fides of Trump, with a charm and disarming personality that makes it hard to taint him with the brashness and sometimes undesirable qualities of the President. He, like DeSantis, has an ability to evangelize MAGA that moves people toward it, not away from it,” one source close to the administration told the Caller.

“Having the President’s backing is the biggest hurdle, and it’s one that will keep others at bay. The fact that it’s coming so early is great for the party when the other side is lost,” the source added.

The president denied that the report was an endorsement in response to a Daily Caller question in the Oval Office. (Read more from “Sources Close To Admin Weigh In After Trump Reportedly Tips Hand On Potential Successor” HERE)

Idaho In-N-Out Gunman Identified after Two Killed, 7 Injured in Mass Shooting

Police have identified the suicidal gunman who killed two people and wounded seven others when he opened fire at an Idaho In-N-Out.

Chad Williams, 24, went on a deadly rifle-wielding rampage at the In-N-Out Burger in Twin Falls on Saturday afternoon before killing himself with a self-inflicted gunshot wound, police Chief Matthew Hicks said at a press conference Sunday.

“We want to take a moment and commend the actions of the off-duty officer and this citizen and their heroic action to stop this incident,” Hicks said.

“We believe their actions helped drive the suspect away from the scene, preventing further casualties.” . . .

Williams, who appeared to be armed with an AR-style rifle, began opening fire at the restaurant around 2 p.m. Saturday before spilling into the parking lot in what Twin Falls Police Chief Matthew Hicks described as a “very chaotic” scene. (Read more from “Idaho In-N-Out Gunman Identified after Two Killed, 7 Injured in Mass Shooting” HERE)

New Diarrhea-Causing Outbreak Spreads to Over Half the US — Prompting Chipotle to Yank Popular Ingredient

Another nasty foodborne illness is rapidly spreading across the country, sickening 345 people in 27 states so far — as the deadly explosive diarrhea-causing cyclosporiasis outbreak is still running rampant.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is monitoring a salmonella outbreak tied to jalapeños sourced from Mexico and supplied by California-based Coast Citrus Distributors to restaurants like Qdoba and Chipotle, both of which announced they were proactively removing the peppers from their menus.

Colorado and Minnesota represent the majority of cases so far, with 110 each, while Illinois has 30 confirmed cases and Kansas has 13. Minnesota health officials said among those sickened in the state, 89% had eaten at Chipotle between June 14 and July 14.

Cases have also been reported in Alabama, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming, according to CDC.

The health agency says 36 people have been hospitalized, but no deaths have been reported.

Coast Citrus Distributors said it will issue a recall, according to the CDC, which said the Food and Drug Administration is investigating whether the infected jalapeños wound up on grocery store shelves. (Read more from “New Diarrhea-Causing Outbreak Spreads to Over Half the US — Prompting Chipotle to Yank Popular Ingredient” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

People who Avoid 3 Key Things Live Nearly 13 Years Longer Without Dementia: Study

. . .Three simple characteristics in middle age likely play a major role in cognitive health as you get older, a new study suggests.

It found that people who check these three boxes lived about 30 years without dementia — compared to 17 years for people who didn’t.

The researchers found that people who avoided smoking, high blood pressure (a.k.a hypertension) and diabetes had nearly 13 more years without developing dementia than those who did have these three risk factors.

“Our findings argue that people need to actively avert these factors in midlife as a strategy for preserving brain health,” Dr. Josef Coresh, the study’s senior investigator and director at NYU Langone’s Optimal Aging Institute, said. “Discovering new ways to delay dementia is crucial with 42 percent of Americans at risk for developing the condition at any time after age 55.”

While avoiding these elements is associated with more time without cognitive decline, some populations are more at risk than others. (Read more from “People who Avoid 3 Key Things Live Nearly 13 Years Longer Without Dementia: Study” HERE)

Trump Reveals what Stopped ‘Biggest Attack since World War II’ on Iran

President Donald Trump said Wednesday during an event in Las Vegas that Iran sought negotiations after the U.S. prepared what he described as a massive military strike, arguing that sustained military pressure has brought Tehran back to the bargaining table.

Speaking to supporters, Trump said the U.S. was “set for the biggest attack since World War II” before Iranian officials reached out to request talks. “They called me and they said, ‘Please don’t do it, let’s talk,'” Trump said.

Trump said he would prefer a diplomatic resolution over further military action but reiterated that the administration’s position has not changed. “I’d rather make a deal because I don’t want to kill people,” he said. “But Iran cannot have a nuclear weapon.”

The comments come as the Trump administration continues negotiations with Iran over reopening the Strait of Hormuz. Trump said Tuesday that “a lot of progress” had been made and suggested a deal could be reached as soon as Wednesday or Thursday.

The administration has repeatedly said any agreement with Tehran must ensure Iran never obtains a nuclear weapon, a position Trump again underscored Wednesday as diplomatic efforts continue. (Read more from “Trump Reveals what Stopped ‘Biggest Attack since World War II’ on Iran” HERE)

Dem Candidate’s Beach Rampage Ends With One-Punch Knockout

Police arrested a Hawaii Democratic congressional candidate Aug. 1 after a violent altercation with another beachgoer at Keawakapu Beach in South Kihei, Hawaii.

Authorities charged 40-year-old Kirill Basin with two counts of first-degree terroristic threatening after the altercation with a 61-year-old man, according to Hawaii News Now. Basin is running to unseat incumbent Democratic Rep. Jill Tokuda.

Police said the incident began when Basin threatened the bystander, who had asked him to turn down his music, according to the outlet.

Basin allegedly suggested he had a firearm and threatened to shoot the man’s wife. A physical altercation ensued, during which Basin allegedly picked up a knife, using it to threaten other beachgoers before throwing it into the ocean.

The altercation appeared to end when the 61-year-old man knocked out Basin with a single punch to the face, video posted to social media shows. (Read more from “Dem Candidate’s Beach Rampage Ends With One-Punch Knockout” HERE)

Photo credit: Flickr

FBI Used Comey Firing To Open New Russia Hoax Investigation Using Debunked Information

As part of its Russia collusion hoax lawfare attacks on President Donald Trump, the FBI opened a “subcomponent investigation” of Crossfire Hurricane, treating Trump as a criminal subject based on already-debunked information linking him to Russia, according to a Trump administration official.

The sub-investigation, known as “Oxferd Comma” was predicated on the idea that Trump, “the newly elected president, was acting as a Russian asset when he fired James Comey on May 9, 2017,” the administration official said. The case was marked as a “‘sensitive investigative matter,’ which was generally to keep it off the books from other agents to be able to see.”

The case was opened despite the fact that “almost everything in the FBI’s possession at that point had debunked or ruled out that Trump or his campaign was colluding with Russia at that time,” the official continued.

The FBI launched the investigation on May 16, 2017, one day before Robert Mueller was appointed special counsel to investigate the Russia collusion as though it were legitimate, despite the fact that the Clinton campaign-funded Steele dossier had already been debunked. Oxferd Comma was then absorbed into the Mueller investigation.

Well prior to May 2017, according to the admin official, FBI Special Agent William Barnett (who worked with Russia hoaxer and disgraced former Special Agent Peter Strzok on Crossfire Hurricane) gave a “lengthy interview” where he said the FBI concluded that there was no evidence of Russia collusion with Trump, or his former advisers Michael Flynn, Carter Page, and George Papadopoulos.

Oxferd Comma moved along, regardless. (Read more from “FBI Used Comey Firing To Open New Russia Hoax Investigation Using Debunked Information” HERE)

Fauci Slapped with Subpoena as COVID Doc Probed for ‘Profiting’ off Federal Guidance

A top Florida official is slapping Anthony Fauci with a subpoena over alleged “profiting” from federal guidance that hurt businesses, residents.

Florida Attorney General James Uthmeier announced Wednesday he has issued an investigative subpoena against former National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease Director Anthony Fauci.

The subpoena is part of a state probe into Fauci’s awards, incentives and guidance that impacted Florida’s residents and their businesses during the coronavirus pandemic.

The announcement comes after Uthmeier, along with Sen. Tommy Tuberville, R-Ala., pledged to have Fauci investigated at the state level following his Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee hearing last week when he pleaded the Fifth 111 times and references were made to his blanket federal pardon from former President Joe Biden.

“We issued a formal subpoena to Dr. Fauci under Florida state law, seeking a breadth of documents ranging to what he knew when he knew it, his doubts about the safety and efficacy of vaccines that he’s out there promoting, and we’re really focused in on his self-dealing,” Uthmeier announced on Fox News. (Read more from “Fauci Slapped with Subpoena as COVID Doc Probed for ‘Profiting’ off Federal Guidance” HERE)

Max Miller Blows Past Deadline to Drop out of Congressional Race and let Republicans Easily Replace Him

Embattled Rep. Max Miller blew past the 4 p.m. deadline Wednesday to step aside and allow for a special election to replace him in Ohio’s 7th Congressional District.

Miller (R-Ohio) can still withdraw from the race before Aug. 10, which would permit local Republicans to select a replacement for him as he grapples with a firestorm over abuse accusations that he has denied.

“I am never going to give up,” Miller insisted to CNN’s Jake Tapper on Tuesday. “And what I mean by that is my daughter is going to grow up one day, and she’s going to see all of this. And she’s not going to see that her father caved to political and social media pressures for something that he never did.”

Should Miller miss the Aug. 10 deadline, Republicans won’t be able to replace him.

Had Miller dropped out Wednesday, it would have avoided the scenario that played out in Maine last month, where local Democratic leaders, rather than voters, scrambled to select a replacement for former Senate candidate Graham Platner. (Read more from “Max Miller Blows Past Deadline to Drop out of Congressional Race and let Republicans Easily Replace Him” HERE)